Posts created by bobhillman

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 29, 18 5:18 PM
Did anybody manage to collect this? - this is the crystal in the teleportation fireplace, where you clean out the ash and pick something up, and then you are unable to do anything until you have the teleportation powder, and once you use that, you are taken to another location.

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 3:51 PM
dramajunkie wrote:"So long and thanks for all the fish."

That would have worked even better if you were a dolphin rather than an orca, dramajunkie

(Wish I'd thought of it myself, too).

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 3:34 PM
Are you talking about the right game? I don't remember a ship or a parrot (or a chest, TBH) at the beginning of the game - it was by a bridge in London, then you are in the Dwarven city, underground.

ETA:- My apologies, I've just reached that bit, and its chapter 3, which is hardly the beginning.

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 8:26 AM
Goodbye, everybody, and thanks to everybody who has helped me with any game problems (whether by directly replying to my query, or simply by having left a piece of information). Maybe I'll see you at Pond Friends? RIP BFG (just the forums , I mean...Possibly )

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies on Apr 25, 18 11:33 AM
This is available as a CE - it came out on the 27th of March. So a walkthrough may be available shortly.

posted in Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition on Apr 24, 18 8:54 AM
I only found two (the Cryptex & the Enigma machine). Were there any others?

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 20, 18 5:45 AM
He says he's "Dazed & confused" and we had a "Communication Breakdown".

(For those of you who don't get the joke, they're Led Zeppelin song titles.)

posted in The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition on Apr 10, 18 2:55 AM
I'm fine thanks, and you?

One of the things you have to find is a "dream". What the (censored) does a dream look like?

Edit - After some random clicking, I discover that it's the piece of paper at bottom right, in front of the duct tape.

I'm now playing the game, and so far, all of the puzzles have been skippable (not that I've needed to). There is an option on the custom difficulty settings,, and skip it NOT available in the hardest mode.

Can you reset the puzzles (so that if you can't work them out, you can - hopefully - use the SG to solve them)?

1 - Born of Fire;

2 - Missing Memories;
and
3 - The Dark Side.

Hope this helps.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition on Mar 20, 18 8:16 AM
pennmom36 wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I'm downloading the demo just to see if any improvements were made since I tried the Beta. I liked the TV aspect, but I'm getting a bit tired of villains in hoods with glowing eyes. I thought the artwork wasn't up to the standard set by the other Mystery Tales games, and when I played the beta, a puzzle in the very beginning involving a map, simply did not work at all - which I mentioned in my survey response. But, I like Mystery Tales on the whole, even with the Giant Glasses Gimmick, so will try the demo with hopeful heart.

That map game was the most ridiculous way to get from point A to point B, aka drive around in complete circles in the opposite direction to get to the police station that is a straight shot south!

The Sat-Nav was obviously programmed by one of the oil companies (although I was impressed by the way it could be set by waving a piece of paper at it - that's an innovation that could be quite useful).

And Devs, please can you ditch the "broken zip" once and for all?

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 18 6:40 PM
Has anybody else noticed that the bonus chapter is very much a rehash of "Fleshbound"? The HOPs, and the puzzles seem to be exactly the same.

(I noticed this because I replayed the first three games before playing this one, because I couldn't remember them, and certain things - Maria's resurrection, for instance - made more sense.)

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 18 4:26 PM
Is anybody else getting fed up with the number of items we have to drag around the screen in this game? For future reference, Devs, it is SO much easier to click on an item to pick it up, and click again to release it when it is in position (or have it automatically lock into place, like in the constellations puzzle - first part).

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 18 5:40 AM
Doesn't the cursor turn to "gears" at the right point?

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 18 10:57 AM
Does anybody get the impression they may have been watching "Lost"?

posted in PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 18 4:32 PM
Go to extras, and click on play at the top of the list on the left hand side.

posted in PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 18 4:30 PM
Go to extras and click play at the top of the list on the left hand side.

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 18 4:26 PM
pennmom36 wrote:I think they meant hiding it

I think you could be right - and maybe they'll just release things as and when they feel like it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator