Posts created by John117LV426

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 5, 14 9:23 AM
I rely on a few players who post FB info and game popups. They do a GREAT job and news is easier to read and often faster when posted to this forum (vs. scrolling through posts and graphics on F .

I've posted a couple of FB updates and only encountered one problem. Someone complained, thread was locked and I was reminded my copy/paste wasn't official.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 3, 14 10:02 AM
LifeforceOne wrote:At one time which feels like centuries ago, ...

My Walkers had to trudge through the snow, uphill both ways!

LifeforceOne wrote:Sigh...

"exhale depressedly"

... Sorry, couldn't resist. I blame my third cup of coffee.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 2, 14 7:12 PM
I have the worst gambling luck. I feel like the only person from Hawaii who hates to gamble. Parents go to Vegas every other month ... sheesh.

I lost the entire pot of 5,000 free chips in less than half a day. No gold, no slot machine.

Last week I whined to my parents about my luck. Parents said "talk nice to the machine." I got off the phone and played. I then won gold on my first play and a slot machine on my second play!

Nothing since then, I think it's me.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 15, 14 12:58 PM
p.s. It's standing in day mode, at night it rears up just like the unicorn enigma.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 15, 14 11:30 AM
I have it in my heart design, manor LV426

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 15, 14 11:14 AM
Moosetracker, the unicorn is cute - haven't looked closeup yet. Same size as the jackalope - 2x1.

The unicorn is the main reason I finally caved in and used Facebook. Besides the sort order, are there any other FB features in DM?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 15, 14 9:00 AM
I created a new Facebook page just for DM. I think of it this way:

1. It backs up my game. (when I met w/ Tomozaru, they had to do additional back ups bc I don't use F

2. I figure there had to be a replacement for removing Game Center.

3. Lastly, I know new content will come if this update is stable (minus fixing stuff like the neighbor blitzes)

Only bummer is that I created my new FB page late at night and now I wish I could change the name.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 15, 14 8:43 AM
Rats, wouldn't you know that I played several neighbor blitzes BEFORE checking here.

I notice that the neighbor list now has a 3rd way to sort.... by name, last played or on Facebook.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 6, 14 7:26 AM
I wouldn't pin too many neighbors. There isn't an exact number, but a high number of pinned neighbors can cause a memory issue which triggers a crash.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 5, 14 3:03 PM
eli173 wrote:
How about a finger? It's within the DM spirit and has many uses...You can place it in a torture area, next to the slice and dice, you can create a surrealistic forest of fingers, they're perfect as a fence, you can use them strategically to emphasize certain areas or give directions around your manor etc.

OMG ... That is a fantastic idea!!! And players can say that they got "Eli's finger" as a gift!

Your finger would also make a great walker. Imagine the Southern Belle's shock when strolling down a path and meeting a finger.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 5, 14 12:14 PM
LOVE a couple of sites that post autocorrect fails.

I was laughing hysterically after reading the thread about the owl. Someone pointed out that the owl is sitting on a football. Then someone else said to look at the name "Superb Owl" ... (remove the space).

Big Fish is based in Seattle and there are 3 horse figures (Denver Broncos) on the sides of the bird nest.

I've teased several BF staff about the San Francisco 49'ers. Someone should've slapped me upside the head and told me to go look at the owl!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 5, 14 12:09 PM
Dhyaniland wrote:Have to admit I've been guilty (but in a sleep deprived innocent sort of way) of starting out sending Free Energy, scrolling and selecting Recipients, then I see a Neighbor with Slv Plz in their name . . . I neglect to send the Energy to those already selected, change the Gift to Silver and send EVERY Recipient the Silver Gift.

And vice versa, Silver to Energy in error.

I wish I could say this has only happened a few times

Dhyani

HA! Been there, done that, with no sleep-deprivation excuse!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 5, 14 12:01 PM
I try hard not to jump to conclusions and hope I've never offended a neighbor.

More thoughts on gifts:

* A premium gift is a PREMIUM gift. I NEVER consider this as a slight, no matter what it costs. A high level player does not necessarily have more personal resources.

* At one time all levels were suddenly sending me tulips. The lightbulb finally went on when I started redecorating and realized that my manor looked like a tulip field. Then I was touched by the gesture. Sometimes people really do send objects bc they think you will like it, not bc of the "cost".*

* I think the gift-giving achievement works to build a community. No one stops gift-giving after the final award.

* At the end of the day, no matter WHAT it is, a "gift" is a "gift". It is an option. I've learned that there are too many gift-giving strategies to spend time feeling bad about any gift.

(* thoughts are now distracted by visions of new "premium" gifts that DO make a statement ... lawnmower, duct tape, antiperspirant .... )

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 5, 14 10:00 AM
eli173 wrote:A NOTE ON " ENERGY PLZ" OR "SILVER PLZ" REQUESTS:

What that message means (or should mean) is:

-IF you are going to send me a gift and
-IF it is going to be a free one,

THEN, please send me energy! It's that simple!

That's how I understand the request. These are free gifts, so I find these requests extremely helpful.

I've also received a neighbor message asking what I could send. It was a new, low level neighbor so I made a list. I hope it made the person happy AND encouraged more playing to unlock more gifts.

What was confusing for me as a newbie were the acronyms.

Huge apologies to some neighbors but I didn't give much thought to acronyms, just read it as part of the address. So someone like "111 X St nrg plz" received a gift bc of the silver/juju value.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 3, 14 4:02 PM
Ahhh, thanks! I'm not usually so careful opening my mouth, but I don't work for either company and I don't want anything I say to be misconstrued.

Seeing Tomozaru and Big Fish in action makes you WANT to help. Wondering if the clown walker should've been a voodoo priestess?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 3, 14 3:10 PM
Ah geez .. Why did I read this thread? I hate clowns, I'm afraid of the dark, and still talk and walk in my sleep.

3 things totally freak me out:
1. Portuguese man o' war.
2. Cockroaches.
3. Clowns (thank you Stephen King). I try not to look too much at Juggles. At first I hid him, but that was worse because I'd forget where I put him. Now I have him in the open so I can make sure he stays there. The clown in "Decked by the Dock" is really disturbing too.

In my world all the other walkers would protect me from J. But J will grab Isis and use her as bait. {{leaving now, must move J ... too creeped out}}

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 3, 14 2:28 PM

Sorry mods - don't know if this post should be moved to tech issues.

Accordeonfreak and moosetracker.
Everyone has been VERY nice. I was nervous that some would think the meeting was fake, or that I was paid (nope and nope).

In the end, a DM facebook poster made a good point - any info is good. And I realized I was patiently waiting because I had the benefit of seeing how much work on the crashes had been, and is being completed. It was a very cool experience.

There are a lot of answers that I don't know (most of them actually). But I do know that new content is and always has been in development. New stuff is coming as soon as an update is released. (On the bright side, *I* am hoping this wait means there will be MORE new content ...?).

There appears to be a lot of teamwork between Tomozaru and Big Fish, everyone understands our frustrations, (can't imagine mods or cs enjoy unhappy players) and tech teams ARE working around the clock.

(My personal thoughts)
I know they are working hard, therefore I assume that everything is changing so quickly it's difficult to keep everyone updated. By evening, the morning's action plan may have changed. I assume they would want to minimize confusion and the roller coaster of anticipation, updating only when Melissa can post more concrete updates.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 3, 14 10:44 AM
Hi Accordeonfreak. Yup, it was me, although it wasn't a house call, we met at Peet's Coffee House. I posted a mini recap last week, "Coming out of the bayou".

I was hesitant to come forward earlier because of the unreasonable and personal attacks.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 3, 14 8:36 AM
NanaBanana1967 wrote: Posted by Dawnie818
Then how about FIXING THE GD THING instead of locking threads and silencing users who PAY YOUR SALARY?
Just throwing that put there. i am obviously on my suicide mission and just don't care. I hate BF, hate DM and hate the people who work for them, with their canned responses. It's insulting and obnoxious.

MY REPLY TO. Dawnie perhaps it's time for you to put on your big girl panties and MOVE ON. If you hate everything about this game...listen carefully now.....GO Find another game to play, somewhere far away where we will not have to listen to your rude remarks and lack of manners.

Thank you NanaBanana1967, PERFECTLY said.

Everyone (players, devs, BF) is frustrated. It's pointless and illogical to repeatedly insult Tomozaru and Big Fish.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 3, 14 8:09 AM
Thank you antigonon. Some posts really "harsh my buzz"*.

As someone who has actually seen the devs and BF working, I *KNOW* everyone is working very hard.

* thanks Smelly Helly!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator