Posts created by Vlania

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 26, 15 12:27 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, troops and loyal readers!
OOC:
Yes, I'm back from the recently dead. An awful chest cold for the past month had left me with no gumption. Laid in bed and slept or watched TV in bed till I slept.
No worries, I'm not vampirous. LOL

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 5, 15 7:30 PM
I felt the same thing as Apollo. The eerie silence and the then the soft chimes of the Winds' laughter. Paralda appears at Apollo's side. "Nice to see you here, Apollo." "I wish it was under happier circumstances, Highness," Apollo said with a smile. "Arabella is here and she's not alone," Paralda said, "Her father Murk is here to help her find her Wand." Apollo sucked in her breath and said," I was afraid she'd try something like that." The words no sooner out of her mouth when a huge blast of cyclonic fury scattered throughout with detritus comes flying down the Chasm, screaming like a ban-sidhe.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 1, 15 4:46 PM
I've decided to take Casper this time around. Wings might come in handy. Brannon and Dagon are riding have chosen Taos and Midnight. Saladel is riding Ballerina and has chosen one of the Royal mares, a docile but brilliant girl. Spike has been making sure all the provisions are packed away on a hefty steed and he has the reins looped around the horn of his own Royal stallion's saddle.
I ride up to Imp and hand her three bawbees, her shimmer, communication and protection amulets. "You're going to need these," I say nodding to her," Capt. Kacey will tell you how to use them." Imp smiles as wide as the sky knowing that she's fully accepted as one of own trusted. Kacey tells her quickly and then puts her into formation.
I ride to the front. "Cap! Let's get this show on the road."
I hear the screech of falcons as Tigress and one of her Elven soar above us. Casper gets a bit antsy, I can feel his wings pulsing against my legs. <Not yet, my sweet> and he settles down.
Cap calls the go ahead.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 1, 15 12:46 PM
I look at both girls and say, " Okay then. Pack up. Opel's probably got rations ready for you. Check and make sure they're to your liking. Ready to go in 8." I pick up my rations and shimmer to the corral.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 1, 15 10:32 AM
I'm sitting by the window in Mess and see Imp's antics with Rosie and chuckle. If Rosie had been in her addled state, like she gets when she has a tough cold, she might've thought this a day dream. Her mind is in perfect working order and she's just a little weak so the startlement is genuine and a little funny. The two start walking together to get some food and Penny joins them, her hand hovering at Rosie's elbow.
The power from the Dragons has given Imp a new confidence and I'm glad to see it. I stop at MG's table and say, " Cap, I think Imp may be ready to come with us. I'd like Penny to be with her, as her teacher, and both of them have an intimate knowledge of Arabella, that may prove to be useful. I'll ask them if they feel their talents would be better served here or with us."
I see that everyone already going has mostly finished their meals and I stand and give the nod. People rise and start getting themselves ready to go, picking up their rations from Opel and heading out to the stables. I motion Penny and Imp to my side. "Ladies," I smile, " As you know, we're heading out with the Brownie scouts to hunt down Arabella and I'd like your honest opinions on whether you feel your...experiences concerning Arabella would be of better use here or with us." I look at Imp and say, " Your transformation with your Dragons I believe makes you ready to come with us. You've done this once before but it wasn't as extended as this trip will be. It won't be easy. We'll be there to help you learn what is expected on an out-mission but I want you both to think carefully before you decide. You've got about 10 minutes while we get everyone sorted and mounted."

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 29, 15 7:53 PM
Imp's eyes are filled with tears of joy as she looks in the Mirror. I walk up beside her and ask her to run her fingers over her wrist and ankle at the same time. She kneels on one knee and strokes the Golden Queen and Frost. The Queen's fire is instantly frozen by Frost's snowflakes. She chitters with glee. Karanil gets a Giant hug that leaves her happily gasping for breath. "My work here is done," she says. "And what beautiful work it is, Kara. Jaortas will be so proud of you." "Thank you, Lady Sidhel. I wait for the call to create your markings." I smile at Kara's attempt at being wily. "You and Jaortas will be the first to know when I've decided."
We all stand and admire Imp's artwork and I'm touched that she's chosen symbols of us...Camp...our family. I guess she's decided we're not so bad.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 28, 15 11:09 PM
I'm curious, too. Giving away coin is easy with auction, find a coin poor persom and give them an awesome amount for a Ghandi. How to gift other things? Can hardly wait for Oddly's percolator to finish.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 28, 15 11:02 PM
I've requested the littlest chest the last two times and got paint both times.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 27, 15 10:55 PM
It's nice to see Bedazzles name here in the forum again. Now all we need to make this perfect is to hear from our dear Queen Sabelle and all of the other old timers. I'd try to list them but fear forgetting any and then causing offense so I use the inclusive "all".

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 27, 15 10:38 PM
So sorry, Cyn and Drew for being late in well wishes for the Birthday Boy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BELOVED BARBARIAN!!! (keg of Miruvor) to keep the festivities going.
Miss you.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 27, 15 10:26 PM
Brulee spoke to Imp's mind and thought to me that she's very accepting of their voices. Jewel, my boy and Frost spoke with her first, setting the path for the Queen. Her Highness spoke next in rich, regal tones. Imp's body came to atttention as Her Highness spoke. No words were spoken but an agreement must've been made. Brulee bid me good bye and Imp's body relaxed. As we all watched, she started choosing colors and the last she chose was the gold metallic. She looked at Karanil's drawings and pointed to the drawing which most resembled the Golden Queen. Then she picked up Karanil's quill and added a few extra embellishments. Karanil nodded and picked up her brush. She painted the drawing in sure strokes and we watched as the Queen came alive on the foolscap. She turned the hide for Imp to see. "Is this as you see her?," Karanil asked her. Imp nodded yes. Karanil asked if she was ready and Imp nodded yes again. Karanil took a small bottle from her color case and a cloth from her pouch. She wetted the cloth and held out her hand for Imp's first wrist. Imp offered it without hesitation. Karanil quickly ran the cloth around Imp's wrist. The scar seemed to flatten and the skin was smoother. She picked up the foolscap and wrapped it around her wrist, carefully arranging the Queen's image so that her head was in the front and on top of her tail. Next she tied a wide canvas-like cloth over the foolscap. She rubbed her hands with a brilliant yellow paste and said a few words just under her breath. Karanil took Imp's wrist and encircled it with her hands, pressing and gently rubbing. A mist was rising from Imp's wrist. Karanil smiled encouragement to Imp. The mist faded and Karanil removed her hands. The canvasy cloth was gone. Karanil deftly peeled away the foolscap to reveal the Golden Queen encompassing Imp's wrist. She looked alive. Imp's eyes were as big as saucers. Karanil gently stroked the tattoo's head and a swirl of fire emerged from the mouth, spreading down her hand. Imp gasped and touched the fire, tracing the flames with her finger. The fire started to fade and the Queen went back to her usual elegance. Imp looked up at Karanil with such joy that Karanil couldn't help but bubble a laugh of joy. Imp eagerly offered her other wrist.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 2:28 PM
WOOHOO!!! It worked! One unit of fuel bought, 7 times through Italy with only one fuel rewarded but collectibles to make up the 6 lost fuel and the first Romania round gave me 5 fuel!!! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout, baby!!! Happy feet!!!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 1:50 PM
Thanks, Anna. I'll put up little chest next time and all after that to see what happens.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 12:26 PM
Thanks ALF. I just read in another thread that lpcb was getting that sometimes also.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 12:23 PM
Hi Scoutmander Welcome to the forum.
As you work the world cities, collectibles will drop. If you go to your collections tab on the right side of your screen and then click the purple "Crest" at the top of your collectible items windows, the world cities collectibles will be at the bottom. Just like regular collections, you can cash in complete sets. You'll get some money, XP and
1 fuel for every collection cashed in.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 12:17 PM
How many fuel are dropping for you in Romania? I'm getting 1 and 2 and then sometimes nothing or 3.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 12:03 PM
I've read through the threads that search's one page allows and didn't find the answer. Does this chest give out paint?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 11:37 AM
Just got to Professional 0/20 in Romania and am at 84 fuel and 17 Halloween Ran Cookie jars.
I'm at 8/20, 70 fuel and just got 3 fuel in reward bar instead of the nothing, 1 or 2 fuel. I'm seriously hoping this isn't what's considered extra fuel droppage.
11/20 and 66 fuel, getting antsy so I'm going to play IE and buy one unit of fuel to try and trigger the extra fuel.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 11:13 AM
I started out with 108 fuel and have played Romania 10 times. I'm at 95 fuel so I'm hoping lpcb's progression is the same for me. I might do IE some more today, too. I'm curious if extra fuel's dropping there, too.
P.S. I'm at connoisseur 4/15.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 25, 15 10:56 AM
lpcb, are you only playing Romania? Or are all of the world cities dropping more fuel today?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator