Posts created by pondprowler

 
 
A cookie-cutter is a piece of metal formed into a shape that you want your cookies in, like a star. When you use the cookie-cutter, ALL the cookies are EXACTLY the same size and shape.
Tha's what a cookie-cutter game is, the same as all other games.

Vanilla means "boring" or no excitement. We have a ice-cream store that is famous for it's 31 flavors, but if you can't decide then you just go for the plain ol vanilla.

Hope that helps.

~pp
 
 
 posted in Final Cut: Fame Fatale Collector's Edition on May 28, 15 2:45 PM
Daxadillion wrote:I just want to say that last week or the week before Reviews and Tech Issues did not appear on my screen at the usual time of 12.32am US time but many hours later.

I can't post the Reviews or Tech Issues threads until BFG opens the Forum. It's very annoying but we have all experienced computer glitches, so please forgive BFG for experiencing a computer glitch.

My review of the game was posted at approx 12 noon (UK time) but did not appear until a few hours later.

Dax


It doesn't matter what time anyone (doesn't have to be you) "posts" the review threads or when BFG opens the forums just a little late.
The POINT is that BFG's forums used to be very busy and LOTS of reviews were posted.
now not so much and its mostly (IMHO) because when people DO post reviews, they get attacked for saying they don't like pet helpers etc, SO they just give up and go away.
I mean look at today's forum for this game. It's THURSDAY... a CE release day! used to be the fourms would have tons of reviews by now (approx 12 hours after BFG opened the forum up) but today? there's only 3!!

Pretty much because of the bullying, many don't write reviews any more and have gone away to other sites to write their reviews. sites where they can say what they really feel without gettig yelled at or made fun of (like me when i wrote a couple reviews and was made fun of for my grammer and spelling).
 
 
 posted in Mythic Wonders: Child of Prophecy Collector's Edition on May 24, 15 2:50 PM
yolanded wrote:a doubt, developers are really masters to choose the subject and graphics? perhaps BFG give indications, you can watch any game credits, then we can reflect.


yolanded is right because on their facebook page one of the devs even said that BFG was giving instructins to them on what to put in the game, the easiness of the puzzles, don't make such long cutscenes cause nobody watches them and DON'T make the game too scary!!! And don't worry about the story cause nobody really cares.

Then when they were mostly done re-doing their game, BFG said they were wrong and the poor dev had to re-do it AGAIN.

I always thought that BFG pushed devs like ERS and elephant and most other's to make the cookie-cutter games and now we pretty much know its true!
 
 
Valdy wrote:I have never seen cbtx bully anyone. He has his opinion, and why shouldn't he voice it.

As some peeps have said before: "developers listen to us". So the more we complain about something we don't like in the game, the better the chances that they will be taken into consideration.

I remember complaining about the long fill-times for the Hint and Skip buttons in the HOGs. I think I complaint about that in almost all my reviews. And now most of the HOGs' Hint and Skip use a much shorter time to fill.

If you only complain once or twice about something you don't like, you will not be heard. You have to repeat yourself in order for ALL developers to see it.

And hey... my forum - the one cbtx pointed out - is a friendly one. Nobody is a bully and we can all voice our opinions without fear that someone else is bashing their reviews. That's how it should be here, but it isn't.

And hello to Gamblebug...


Hi VAldy!

Exactly right and thanks for that.
 
 
And thank you, didersham, for your kind words. Nice to know there are still some nice people posting here!
 
 
[Removed by Moderator]
 
 
GameLvr30 wrote:
pondprowler wrote:Funny I was thinking that _my_ point had been proven: you can write a reviews but don't DARE mention that you don't like a game because of silly pet helpers or easy puzzles or how the games are dumbed down now days or any other often made complaints!! Then people will get mad at you and tell you that your reveiw is not a reveiw but a RANT of your personal opinions!! As (edited) says, what is a review if NOT a personal opinion??

(EDITED)

If you don't like a reiew that disses the cute pet helpers, don't read it. Problem solved

yeah, and i'm happy somewhere else too where the people are more friendly and don't get thier panties in a twist because somebody said something they didn't like in their review.


Here we go... the twisting of words begins. I was wondering when that was going to start.

Expressing the opinion that I'm tired of waiting (going on several months now) for a bad trend in the review threads to pass is NOT the same as saying people can't post whatever they want in those threads. However, you need to come to the realization and accept that if you can post those "reviews" (what I call tirades) then there will be people who will let you know how bored they are by them. It's just the way the world and these forums work. You could take your own advice though and just not read those posts. It would certainly save you all that indignation.

FYI, when a review is solely a long complaint about one gameplay feature then it's not a review, it's a rant.


And why are there fewer reviews? Because people are ATTACKING reviewers and thier reviews. The ones writing the reviews are not the ones attacking, their the ones LEAVING because they are attacked for [boring reviews] [rants] [tirades] [whatever].

And here you are, attacking reviews and reviewers.

that's on you.

As for the second red highlight, why don't you send a link to a mod and maybe even copy/paste the (in your opinion) "review" and ASK the mod if it qualifies as a review.
that's their job, to decide disputes and delete things that are NOT reviews.
so, leave it in their hands and let them decide wether it is a review, rant, tirade or whatever.

don't you think that's fair?

 
 
GameLvr30 wrote:The ones who post tirades and call them "reviews" need to understand that those of us who have an opposing opinion (that they are not actually reviews and ONE rant about the same issue is plenty) have just as much right to express our thoughts as well. It doesn't matter how much you demand or arrive en masse to try to force that opinion to go away; it's the way so many of us feel. To act like only one side deserves the right to vent their frustrations sounds way too much like bullying and intimidation.

Perhaps, as suggested earlier, you can just "skip" the comments you'd don't like without making an unsolicited reply. Most, if not all, of those comments are made in threads that are not required to be opened by anyone. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the people who come to the forums to read reviews and get the same monotonous complaints instead.


yup, to the red highlight especially.

seems that by telling posters that they can't mention silly pet helpers more than once (otherwise it becomes a RANT) or any other thing YOU find wrong with their review, you might be the one driving people away, eh?

so, how is it NOT OK to vent your frustration about silly pet helpers when you say BOTH sides should be able to vent?

I dont' think you see the hypocrisy here. you can vent but we can't?

maybe if the games weren't all ALIKE then maybe the reveiws wouldn't be ALL ALIKE ("rants" according to you)?

GameLvr30 wrote:Perhaps, as suggested earlier, you can just "skip" the comments you'd don't like without making an unsolicited reply.


Great advice. Perhaps you should follow it as well.
 
 
GameLvr30 wrote:So funny and yet so sad how my point has just been proven. I guess there are some who simply can't allow anyone to voice a differing opinion. How is that not being a bully exactly? I will say the multiple threads started by different people (at least the ones who aren't too terrorized to speak up) is proof enough that many forum users are tired of how the review threads have become overrun by the tirades of a select few lately. It would appear that all the "friendliness" spoken about earlier is being saved for those other non-BF forums though. What a shame.


Funny I was thinking that _my_ point had been proven: you can write a reviews but don't DARE mention that you don't like a game because of silly pet helpers or easy puzzles or how the games are dumbed down now days or any other often made complaints!! Then people will get mad at you and tell you that your reveiw is not a reveiw but a RANT of your personal opinions!! As CBTX says, what is a review if NOT a personal opinion??

thanks, CTBX for the agreement.

What realy gets my goat is the "reviews" that dont' say anything about the game, just that they quote and either argue or thank the person for posting a reveiw. THAT'S not a review, but they don't often get removed and they should or so say the mods.

If you don't like a reiew that disses the cute pet helpers, don't read it. Problem solved

yeah, and i'm happy somewhere else too where the people are more friendly and don't get thier panties in a twist because somebody said something they didn't like in their review.
 
 
This is one of many reasons I stopped buying ERS games. They are famous for this and are basically "forcing" you to buy the CE which is kinda like extortion. oh, you want the FULL story/game? You gotta buy the CE! Twice the price for the real ending.

That's bull pucky. The bonus should be a BONUS and not the end of the story.
 
 
I mostly sit on the sidelines and watch. Mainly because I got such grief about starting the tech and review threads so I handed it over to catbag and partly because my health took a turn for the worse. Easier to read than type. But now I need to type.

Intersting that there seems to be too different camps, both accuse the other of being bullies. like the old saying "it takes one to know one" I guess.

But to me, if 50 games in a row have silly pet helpers and i don't like them, I would say so in every reveiw. That's still a reveiw, no matter who says its not, eh?

I think that if your tired of reveiws saying the same things, just look who the person is and SKIP any reveiws by that name. Easy peasy. Then you don't get yourself all mad and then the conplaints stop.

People should be free to say their opinions (even about silly pet helpers!!!) without anybody getting mad or attacking them. Those who DO attack them for giving opinion about the pet helpers (or whatsever) are the bullies trying to make people post the way _they_ want them to. That's why a lot of good posters stopped their reveiws. At least IMHO.

oh yeah and I been around the forums since before the flush of CCC. yup, this fights have been going on FOREVER. too sad.

~pp
 
 
 posted in Dangerous Games: Illusionist Collector's Edition on Feb 14, 15 4:35 PM
Hi Judithannegg,

The only way I know of you can do that is to BUY two credits (which is on your profile page now not the shopping cart page like it was) before you buy the games.
I don't know of anyway to pay with cash instead of credits unless you don't have any credits to spend.

hope that helps
~pp
 
 
 posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 30, 15 3:35 PM
rhonayotte wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:
cbtx wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the forums disappeared. Every day, there's another screaming rant at BFG because someone feels slighted about something.




Yes, that's my concern as well. It's as though some think a change like this is aimed personally at them. LOL
Oddly, a few of the peeps complaining are some of the same ones that continuously rant at, name call, and seemingly stalk other posters for having an opinion they don't share. Certainly not everyone that doesn't like the new page, but some of the same names do seem to appear. Interesting.


You never miss an opportunity, do you?


Thing is, he's right.


Yes, he is right.
I dont post much but I read alot so I see the patterns and personalities.
 
 
 posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 15 7:58 PM
tesamoine wrote:
cbtx wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the forums disappeared. Every day, there's another screaming rant at BFG because someone feels slighted about something.




Yes, that's my concern as well. It's as though some think a change like this is aimed personally at them. LOL
Oddly, a few of the peeps complaining are some of the same ones that continuously rant at, name call, and seemingly stalk other posters for having an opinion they don't share. Certainly not everyone that doesn't like the new page, but some of the same names do seem to appear. Interesting.



In total agreement


i agree too.
 
 
 posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 15 7:01 PM
I like the new page too. Found the link to the forums very easily (even tho it looks "greyed out" like it does'nt work, it does)

I also like that the 3 screenshots and the vid are in the same place and the vid is bigger now. I don't watch the vids often, but I do like how the screenshots seem larger, sorta. the sorta because I can see more of the picture now with the new way. I have my screen CTRL +'d larger and before it would cut off the bottom of the screenshot. Now I can see it all, which is great for me!

Yeah, it just looks more professional to me. I'm old and set in my ways and generally don't like change, but this ones fine with me!

 
 
 posted in Emerland Solitaire: Endless Journey on Jan 9, 15 5:24 PM
mrm2006 wrote:
Tauret wrote:RATS!!!

I was so excited to see the TGT as Emerland Solitaire. I own Chronicles of Emerland and enjoyed every minute of it. But, I just don't care for the F2P format so this is a no go for me.

I hope everyone that does play F2P enjoys it.



I have to agree. I LOVED the first game and was so excited to see a sequel as the TGT. But, when I opened the game page and saw it was a F2P ....... clicked the "back" button and moved on to the rest of my day. I refuse to play ANY F2P games. Is this the future of BFG? Articles said that the new owners were interested in BFG primarily because of how much money the Casino generated and wanted to get into that genre. And, one DEV has completely moved away from casual gaming to strictly F2P games. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

For those who are playing/purchasing it ....... ENJOY!

Have a lovely day/evening/night!




 
 
 posted in Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition on Dec 22, 14 2:35 PM
[Removed by Moderator]
 
 
 posted in Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition on Dec 21, 14 2:46 PM
mrm2006 wrote:Well, if I hadn't had such bad experiences at PondFriends .... and THOSE people would have read my posts on POND NEWS (currently at my NEW site along with Jessica's Playlist), they would have had the same info MY members had a week ago .... that the expected game WOULD NOT BE RELEASED. So, sorry, all, but I'm having an "I told you so" moment.

I'm happy to say my readers get the most current and up-to-date info re Jessica's Playlist and POND NEWS available on a daily basis. AND, guess what PondFriends????? I correspond with Jessica at least once a week and am looking forward to her making regular appearances on our site. Sorry. Sore subject. NO ONE believed it and now it's kind of like wishing I could actually rub it in a few faces ... if I only could - lmao.

So sorry to those who didn't get the memo. Unfortunately, there's no place to post that info here at BFG ... or I would. There's nothing worse than not having up-to-the-minute info about a game you are waiting for.


Have a Merry Christmas!


I don't post much anymore but I gots to say that this post shows that you got exactly what you gave on Pond Friends. Posts like this one is what got you banned from Pond Friends.

LOL who cares if you "corresspond" with Jessica? ANY of us could do that! All you gotta do is send her a PM, her JOB is to answer PMs to her so big deal.

There's nothing worse than not having up to the minute info about a game you are waiting for? LMAO... I would of thought you would know better than that if anybody did!

Let us know when Jessica joins "your" site, k? I see she hasn't joined yet.

Edit: there arent many people left on here that are on Pond Friends too so I don't know who you are yelling at! Too bad you can't go yell at them there instead. Hard to do when your banned.

Nice to know that somethings never change, isn't it?
 
 
 posted in Maestro: Dark Talent on Oct 11, 14 3:39 PM
Valdy wrote:The map should have openly shown where actions are available instead having us clicking on the large round tabs to find out where they are.

Another thing that irritates me with ERS' games is that they always lure you in the beginning with fun and different HOS, making you think that those are available throughout the game, and once the demo is over all you get is one List HOS after another. I call this false promises of things to come. And I find that there were far too many HOS following one after another.

I am also not happy that ERS is NOT adding a Custom mode to all their games, and that I am sitting there with a Skip fill that is way too long for me. If I want to skip a puzzle immediately - and I am not all that keen on most of ERS' puzzles as it is - then I should be able to, instead of making me sit through the fill time of the skip button.


 
 
 posted in Insane Cold: Back to the Ice Age on Aug 27, 14 12:41 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Go to:   
 
 
 
KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator