Posts created by whitebutterfly54

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 18 9:06 PM
Gosh, it's so sad coming here tonight. It's like saying goodbye to an old, old friend with tears and an ache (both heart and head).

Rahia, I believe your Hidden Mysteries has been copies on delphi. I think I saw it over there.

And the mention of Duncan just made me smile. I still remember being new to the forum and whining about something or another and Duncan just gave me a swift kick in the rear. LOL, made me laugh out loud. Miss him.

The oldies but goodies...LizzieK, lady_sabelle, Bedazzles, FudgeChi, Tigress, Guppies56, 50MAD, The Doctor, Cynthemoler and dear, dear, dear apollogold. I still have poems from D@NgeR, LizzieK did a beautiful emoji butterfly and lady_sabelle did a MC song (at my request) to the tune of "I Will Survive." (during the old bow figurine days)

How in the world do you ever go about saying everything that's in your heart. You can't. I will miss everyone. And I will miss this forum. Never thought in a million years I would ever join a forum. Couldn't imagine putting myself out there, it just wasn't me.

I thank God every day I did because this forum helped me through when my husband died. I felt like I was drowning and no one was throwing a life preserver. Unable to think or feel, begging I would wake up from a bad dream. Somehow I found the courage within myself to post here and it literally saved my sanity.

It may seem silly; after all, this is just a forum. But we all bared our souls here, we cried together, we celebrated together and we shared together.

I will miss you. This forum was a once in a lifetime experience and I am very glad I was blessed to have been a part of it. Thank you. Best wishes and good luck to everyone. Goodbye.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 3:19 PM
Sue, you brought back some beautiful memories. I still have LizzieK's butterfly "artwork." She did do beautiful, creative and uplifting emoji drawings.

This game absolutely drew me in and satisfied almost every OCD impulse I ever had. Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Pics, Notebooks and lists, lists, lists. The Snipping Tool became my best friend.

I know the game still goes on (at least for now) but a very big, enjoyable part of playing is gone. I will miss it here very, very much.

posted in Party Down on Apr 27, 18 2:54 PM
From Sunken Secrets: Sitting on the edge of my chair trying to keep up with all the tasks. More fruit, more pearls, more bricks, more, more, more. I swear there were times I even forgot to breath.

From Dark Manor: Loved friends who had manors for every occasion or who put special little things in each of their manors for friends to find. Terrific game with wonderful players.

Midnight Castle: Nearest and dearest to my heart. I just don't feel anything could ever replace the sheer feeling of community with that forum. You always remember your first, and this one I will always remember fondly. Nothing compares to the generosity of MC players; whether it be items, information, a shoulder to cry on or a hearty pat on the back for a hard-earned achievement.

Personally with MC, I've cried, screamed, laughed, had several conversations with God and banged the mouse so hard on the desk the batteries flew out. Don't want to think about the number of mice I've gone through. I just love that game!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 11:16 AM
Scott, how wonderful! Hope you won't mind me copying it. And, believe me, I will be stocking up on Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract! What else can we do?

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 11:13 AM
I'm so so sad. I still check every day for messages, but the forum reminds me of a grave. Cold and so lonely.

It was gut-wrenching going through PMs. This was my first forum and can't tell you how much all of you helped me get through real life. Laughter, tears, stress, upheavals. Like a family we fought, celebrated, conjoled and even took each other to task now and then. And, from the very beginning, we generously helped one another with gifts or information. Add to that the generosity of the consortium, celebrating a good day in the castle, loving and hating the DQs, Trina, tournaments and challenges and all the MC inspired stories during update wait times, and you can't help but be awed by this forum's uniqueness.

I have friends from the very beginning of MC and new friends met on the journey. There will never again be a forum like this MC forum and I find myself grieving its demise.

Goodbye dear friend, and goodbye to everyone. My heart is broken but life moves on. It was a hoot!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 24, 18 7:42 AM
Gosh, it was wonderful seeing your post Gandalf. Hope all is well.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 18 5:30 PM
jude_todd
Here are some of the original stories posted over the years. Just highlight and paste the forum address and it will take you to the first page of each. Hope either Sadie or Rahia is the one you're talking about (if not Ferrous Moon).

Sadie's "The Girl Who Grew Up In Midnight Castle"
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/523015.page

Sadie's "Where to Dine or Die in the Castle"
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/491981.page

whitebutterfly's, Anabel and the Knight
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/719492.page#6464531

whitebutterfly's, Anabel and the Knight, Part 2
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/940049.page

Rahia's "Midnight Castle, The Hidden Mysteries"
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/631315.page

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 9:11 PM
Sorry, with the forums closing down in a few days, I see all of us as being in the same boat. Why wouldn't a player's opinion, who doesn't play MC, count towards the entire forum community being shut down?

I'm not exactly sure what the intrusion is. Aren't all of us sad to see this go? At this point, does it really matter what game you play? We're all affected.

I'm sure those players are very glad they didn't play MC.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 8:52 PM
It must be me but I just don't get all this venom aimed at players of games other than MC. The forums are closing for EVERYONE, not just MC players. Not saying it would make any difference at all, but surely there are many more voices to be counted in the forum as a whole rather than just one game.

I signed the petition on another forum; guess I was the foreign fishie there.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 18 8:41 PM
eli, I too am a Dark Manor alum and was devastated by it's deletion. You're right, that game was the best.

I'm afraid that same fate probably awaits many, if not most, of the games here.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 8:15 PM
Colleen, you've asked this at least twice before. Like gohill said, you must continue to play the game and they will eventually disappear.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 7:55 PM
It is true that not every forum was notified of their dissolution as quickly as MC was. The entire forum is a community, not just this game.

The demise of the forums affects all of us, everyone who plays BF games and everyone who ever posted anywhere. Another forum has been created; and that's wonderful for those who choose to go there. But there are those who don't.

And why in the world would a player return here just to disparage another player? So sad.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 2:40 PM
Desertdruid wrote:I really don't think this petition will make any difference. has made their decision. We are being tossed out as unwanted refuse. I have lost all faith in concern for our needs.

I'm not naive enough to think signing the Petition will matter, signing it was just my way to protest.

This forum, just as the game, wasn't perfect. Lord knows, I've had my knuckles rapped more than once and am still scratching my head over it. But, for the most part, I enjoyed it here.

I do wish everyone luck wherever they choose to go. Everyone has to do what they are most comfortable with, even if that means going nowhere.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 8:39 AM
Me too.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 18 8:38 AM
Unsure of it's value, but I would also like to add my vote.

I played BF back in the days when you actually were mailed a CD of the game. Overly cautious, it took me a very long time to delve into the forum. But once I did...well, the rest is history.

Tips and tricks grew to epic proportions in an effort to help every fellow gamer with every nuance of the game. So much information that every single player, on every single platform, was able to play exactly how they chose to play.

We built a family of sorts. We laughed, cried, consoled, helped generously and yes, argued. We grew to know each other so well that the forum became a community. Yes, it was supposed to contain only game related stuff, but we managed to sneak in here and there (with the Mods looking the other way, I'm sure LOL) funny little side stories and snippets of our real lives.

We celebrated our birthdays, anniversaries, births of grandchildren and mourned the crushing loss of loved ones. TOGETHER. BF became THE forum, THE community, the place for FRIENDS.

The camaraderie here was unique and advantageous to both game player and BF. Sometimes purely economical reasons are not the right reasons.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 12:53 PM
I suppose it's ridiculous to debate whether it's okay to copy this thread and move it. The Storyline is the game's story, not my personal property. I haven't decided what to do, if anything. Just sad that additions may not be my voice.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 16, 18 6:08 PM
Just as Annellegram posted about her invaluable New Strategy Guide, I too must bid goodbye to the Storyline.

I really enjoyed keeping track of the storyline and posting it here, complete with dialog straight from the game.

Many players, including myself, excitedly played the game and missed so much of the dialog. I decided to go back and play again, and with the help of very dear friends for the crafted items, was able to record the entire story.

Old and new players found this useful when trying to remember when Anabel became a vampire, or who her father was, or becoming engaged to the Knight, or the Knight being a member of the werewolf clan, or why Jeronimo murdered gnomes in Cloud City, or how Jeronimo became a ghost, or how King Ragnus Sagesmith could execute a ghost, or how Jeronimo ultimately redeemed himself.

I'm so sad this is ending. I loved every minute of it.

This really breaks my heart.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 12, 18 7:01 PM
Not on Facebook, but I will miss your posts and manors. I'm still so bummed by this decision. A lovely game that encouraged creativity and you guys really shined. So, so sad.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 10, 18 9:49 PM
YEA!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! Happy dance.. Happy dance.. Happy dance

So glad you're finally home and can actually rest. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Miss your posts like heck.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 10, 18 6:44 AM
LOL, this is one of those beloved Castle quirks where Humpty Dumpty is both an avatar AND a pet! Although the avatar looks more like the fairytale Humpty Dumpty.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator