Posts created by Crow12000

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 14, 15 11:05 AM
Groan....not the evil dark train right after the dark orange pirate ship.

If we are really unlucky they will rerun the candy room next.

I'm thinking I'm going to give this one a pass this time around all though the reward is a good one for those that complete it.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 13, 15 9:44 PM
achumannfaery wrote:9) Reevaluate: WHY ARE YOU PLAYING ROM IF YOU LIVE IN THE CARIBBEAN....refresh

This was my thought but then again there is only so much relaxation one can bear after awhile.

When I'm playing in the main game for a quest I don't refresh once I've got the timed room open until I finish the quest. That could be an hour maybe two or in the case of the confectionery 4 long painful hours. Other than that I refresh often as I tend to do a few searches then play a few comps till I hit a 3 or 4 person comp then refresh and repeat the cycle.

I tend to check in on the forum periodically as well so if a neighbor has posted in the expedition thread for help I refresh right away.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 13, 15 9:08 AM
I decline invites for the most part unless I've just deleted sleeping neighbors. I will accept someone I'm familiar with from the forum or comps more readily than just someone random. Only so much space in the hood after all.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 12, 15 9:47 PM
Well I have to say I always thought Clash's mom was evil for making them wait.
We got to open one on Xmas eve and then the rest after breakfast which was always muffins. I think this was mostly so my parents could drink coffee before the mayhem began.

I open the rewards chest's when I get them. It simply never occurred to me not to. I'll have to think about saving them up. Depends on what's in them really if there are large mayan rune sets they are getting opened pretty soon.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 10, 15 10:31 AM
Zixuss,

the huge energy drain was always my biggest issue with ghosts as well. I actually enjoy most of them. No better way to really learn a room than to search it multiple times on Octopus mode.

Somewhere after level 100 and before level 200 I reached the point where instead of trying to figure out how to level up before I ran out of energy I was now trying to use all my energy up before I leveled up. If you hang in there it will happen and then those ghosts take on a whole different perspective.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 9, 15 1:30 PM
There will come a time believe it or not when you desperately wish those ghosts would show up. I know when I used to run low on solar lamps playing ghosts was a really good way to stock up on them. You can also get a different gadget but the majority of the time it's a solar lamp.

But yes depending on the weekly quest they can really ramp up the frequency or take it down to almost nothing.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 7, 15 3:58 PM
In addition to all the amazingly good advice already given to you I will add, enjoy your free time now cause once you really get going it's hard to get away from the computer.

I would not spend RL money on this game as you truly do not have to. You do have to have patience and lots of it. Even when you get to higher levels it's tempting to just pay off things in gems instead of taking the time to do the sometimes multiple searches it requires.

Read through the tip thread that can be found under the "helpful links" thread at the top of page one. Lots and lots of advice in there on how to maximize your time and resources for beginners.

I know I used to make sure I leveled up and had a full bar when I shut down for the night in the beginning. Seems crazy but it meant that I basically only had to run one strong energy talisman during the day and not a second one at night saving me the 4000 gold.

Don't spend gems on anything at the beginning. Don't even buy dragon food with them. Your neighbors will understand and not expect a new player to have tons of food for expeditions. Save up your dragon food and contribute to one or two expeditions and try for a participation chest instead of putting in tiny amounts to a lot of them.

Save those gems for the VIP status. I personally bought the 7 day the minute I could and by the time the 7 days was up I had enough for the 30 day. It is just such a huge bonus I felt it was worth it.

Have fun!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 1, 15 11:17 PM
SnailRanch3558 wrote:What does the baby dragon do? Why do I need to keep it happy?

Your talking about the dragon that is at the beginning of your hood, correct? As a new player I would advise you not to use your gold on keeping the dragon happy.

They give you a small boost in different areas if they are kept happy. Valemir (the pink dragon) gives you a 5% boost in XP's when you explore.

If you play in the Valley every room you open will give you the option of taming a new dragon. It costs gems to tame them. Each dragon has a different boost and they increase as you move up the Valley.

I'm not saying to never use them but when you're new and your gold is limited the exchange of the small boost is not enough to offset the amount you spent. Especially since the rooms in the Manor and even Paris give you such low XP's anyway. It's a better deal to save up for the VIP status as it lasts longer and gives you a boost for gold and XP's plus cuts down your regeneration time.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 1, 15 5:49 PM
mommerj wrote:I currently have 5,479 runes in my backpack and another 83 unopened 5 Beast runes kits.

Wow! Very impressive. Sorry about the snail issues I won't mention how many I have, although I currently only have 1 dragon and it seems to be my nemesis of late.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 1, 15 3:27 PM
I didn't play the dragon mazes until I was over level 100. Just for the sheer fact of not wanting to spend my then meager gold on the beast runes.

I seem to go through phases on what is rare. It's always a blue rune and sometimes it's the seahorse and sometimes it's the dragon. It's a good idea to keep an eye out for the few side quests where extra beast runes will drop. The Pearl legend springs to mind.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 31, 15 8:40 AM
I'll just toss in my two cents on this subject. I agree with pretty much everything that has been said so far. I also feel that they are a crutch that can keep you from reaching your full potential as a player. If you constantly have to rely on the hammers to win you are not actually improving your speed or increasing your skill level.

Newer players that feel they must use them to have any hope of winning are doing themselves a disservice in the long run. I suppose though not everyone looks at it the same and there are those that are only interested in the short term quick win to get the daily awards and are not thinking of becoming a long term player.

I love a good close back and forth match, win or lose. I can't think of anything more boring than a hammer throwing contest.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 29, 15 8:34 PM
You have to complete the task called "key duplicate". It's one of the dueling tasks and will require you to play at least one duel. I can't remember if you have to win or not. It is in fact the only duel I've ever played and I had to do it to move on in the Valley.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 29, 15 1:42 PM
I'm at a loss for words at this tragic news. My deepest condolences go out to Isabella's family and friends at this time of unimaginable sorrow.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 29, 15 1:37 PM
You can also earn dragon food by playing the competitions. Even if the game freezes and you have to reboot you will still get the dragon food earned. It will simply be put into your BP.

If you win a one on one you get one piece of dragon food. Placing 1st is a 3 man comp gets you two pieces and 2nd place gets you one. Placing 1st in a 4 man comp gets you 3 pieces of food, 2nd gets you two and 3rd gets you one.

Again if your comp freezes at the end in a 3 and 4 person comp you will still get the food along with the other prizes from the award chest.

The food awarded is the "premium" food from lunar nectar up to azure grapes.

The Venice creatures also have a higher drop rate when you are helping them at your neighbors. These are the one that take the gold mask.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 26, 15 4:17 PM
Tigger_tam wrote:Anyone else having trouble getting flags? I have spent a dozen or so bagpipes and not even one! I have a task for them, too.

I've gotten some flags but I'm having major trouble getting the scepter things for the kind of clowns.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 17, 15 3:37 PM
SunFlash wrote:
achumannfaery wrote:Faery and Jack are getting hitched this weekend!!!

I will be out of commission for a few days starting Thurs afternoon.....

CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES TO THE TWO OF YOU!

I more than second this!!! WhoopWhoopWhoopWhoop!!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 17, 15 2:02 PM
Hmmm...I wonder. Did you try to change it under account info? The in game name change does not function at all.

I just know that when I started my name was my email address. I didn't want that for obvious reasons so I came to the forum. Well I had to build a profile and when I did it changed my in game name. It gave me the warning that I could only change my name one time when I did it.

Now that I think about it I played another online game one of the times RoM was down for hours. It forced me to have the same account name so maybe I have to be the same for all BF games.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 17, 15 1:48 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:

If the forum user name and RoM names are different and use the same email, the RoM name will change to the forum name... I think

It will indeed change your RoM name and this will count as your one name change allowed. So choose wisely as you will not be allowed to change it again.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 16, 15 11:12 PM
I liked the room as well but I also had the horrible drop rate going on. After it took me an hour to get the first two items in the first artifact I started using silver cards. I even resorted to trying a search talisman and that did seem to help in this case.

I ended up having to buy the last item as I was down to the wire and just had enough time to do the final ghost to end it. Still at least I liked the room and it wasn't a torturous experience to get through it. I would have had no problem with the drop rate if the room had not been timed. If this was a non-expedition quest I would have gladly played that room all week long.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 15, 15 5:47 PM
If my neighbor has only free gifts on their list then I usually go with whatever is on the far left or right. Picking between the two is totally random. I assume that a lot of people tend to pick the middle item as it's the easiest to click on so I try not to do that.

For BP items it totally depends on how many I have and also how often the neighbor ask for the same item. I try to give preference to newer players on some of the rare items that they need to move forward. I'm thinking about stuff for the builders trowel or lumber axe when I say that for example. I try to keep it as fair as possible especially when I have multiple neighbors all requesting the same thing, and that happens often. I might also give precedence to a neighbor that I know is competing in the collector's legend competition.

I very rarely ever mass gift, in fact I think I may have only done that twice in all the time I've played. I send one of the top 5 charges to players with nothing on their lists or with items I cannot send. I just pick at random on that day. I don't send the flints and ore's because I know a lot of other people do that so this just gives them a bit more variety in their gifting.

I do not gift sleepers seems pointless to me and if they wake up they are back on my gift list.

I only send offer charges if they are on my neighbors list and again I sort of choose at random which to send. If the offer has a pay item needed to play the room, like the recent Valentine's day quest then I send every awake neighbor I have that item at least once. Usually I send them for the first 3 days of the offer and then only if they have it on their list.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator