Posts created by chi1d

posted in Forest Riddles on Nov 27, 16 11:53 AM
The music thing is not a bug, it's a feature

one of the little notes that you get when you finish a level says that you can start "the next track" of the music by clicking the music on an off in the settings.

but I also just had a problem with the game freezing. I'd gotten all the way to the bonus puzzles, and was in the middle of playing when everything just froze. I could see my cursor moving, but clicking didn't do anything. Control alt delete tossed me out of the game, and I got an error message

However, I really like the game.

Love the bonus puzzles. they aren't anything special, but it's wonderful to have the game acknowledge the extra work involved with getting all three stars on all levels.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on Jun 9, 16 10:24 PM
godeb8 wrote:I like Mosaic games. This one is OK. The only real issue is that for many of the colors, the color of the numbers is largely the same color as the background. My eyes are not so good, so unfortunately, I cannot buy this one.

Me Too!

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on Jun 9, 16 10:20 PM
I'm playing on Windows 10 with a google chrome browser.

The game is so jerky and unresponsive it is almost unplayable. I changed to system cursor, and that helped some. The cursor that comes with the game is floaty and impossible to control. Even with this change, sometimes I click on a square and nothing happens. Very frustrating!

Also, it is really hard to see the numbers along the side of the screen. PLEASE change to a contrasting color!!!! It would make some sense if the color matched the color of the tiles that are being laid, but it seems random and it is very hard to see. More frustration!

Another issue is that changing colors is messed up. I see how it is supposed to work. There are three or four colors in a particular puzzle and a circle you click on to change from one to another. The colors should make a sort of pie chart with some indication which color is active. When you click in the circle, the color should change.

What's happening if there are three colors in the puzzle is one of the colors is in the circle and the others are floating off in space. The color in the circle is NOT the active color.

If there are four colors in the puzzle, NONE of the colors are in the circle. All of them are off in space. two of the color sections are actually floating over the top right corner of the puzzle, making it hard to see the puzzle. and two are above the circle to the right.

Changing colors involves clicking in the circle. There seems to be a sweet spot. Sometimes I have to click many times. There is no apparent way to CHOOSE which color you want to play. Frustrating!

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell which color is active. This is crucial! I make many mistakes when I guess wrong about which color I am working with. Very very frustrating!!!

UPDATE -I've now figured out that in a three color circle, the color in the circle IS the active color. In a four color puzzle, the active color is above the circle to the right. Of the two colors in that area, it is the one on the left-

I LOVE this type of puzzle. I was so happy to find this game since i have already played all the fantasy mosaics. I'm working through it, but it is a very frustrating experience.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 10, 14 9:28 AM
I'm wondering about the best strategy for the mini-games.

I have been playing the fungus hut level one game at grand master level to earn coins. That's been a really good strategy, because you can buy the tiles you need and basically double your investment every time you play.

But what about the other mini-games? If I got to grand master in the first level in any of the other games would I also earn some coins over what I would have to pay to buy materials? I get a little bored with just playing the one game over and over.

Another question: I have built up some materials for some of the other mini-games by playing scenes, I now have all the levels of all the games opened but only one trophy at each level for most of them. I read that the higher levels pay more, so should I concentrate on getting to grand master level at the highest level (which takes more materials per play) or the first level (with a lower pay out)

can you tell I'm bored with waiting for new quests? ;-)

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 10, 14 8:31 AM
originally, I had an achievement to buy one. I bought one of the 10% boost in coins earned because it was the cheapest. I immediately had another achievement to buy 10. Who knows if there is another one after that!

I haven't even thought about buying 10. I don't care how nice the special consumables are, the effect only lasts for half an hour. I like to get something lasting for my crystals. So far, I think the mushroom soup is probably the best bet.

I bought one of those, but I'm with you, I'm hoarding those crystals.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 9, 14 6:36 AM
Is there any way of finding out what I got since I hadn't kept track of exactly what was in my inventory before the bonus came? I MAY have gotten soup, but I already had a few on hand so I'm not sure.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 9, 14 4:25 AM
I also wonder about the mini-scenes in Treasure Vault.. I have all the mini-scenes open in every scene except this one. Has anyone gotten these scenes open?

I also wonder about the last two tiles for the door in the castle. Has anyone found them just by playing scenes, or will we have to wait for a quest? I'm gradually working my way through getting 5 stars in every scene, and I haven't see them anywhere.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 9, 14 4:19 AM
I grew up near Buffalo New York, USA, but I live near San Francisco California, USA

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 4, 14 8:27 PM
How often do we get new quests? I am completely out of them. I'm working (slowly) on finishing up some achievements (eg, getting 80 trophies in the scenes, upgrading buildings to level 5, etc) But it's kind of dull.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 3, 14 4:44 PM
I needed 8 out of 10 when I started the quest and got the first 3 pretty quickly, then nothing! At this point, there are not even any available to buy outright from the auction. In fact, there are only three up for auction at all.

This is the only quest I have right now. It would be nice if I could have a couple of things to work on at a time like I used to. This is sort of frustrating. I've observed that it's kind of pointless to try to advance in the game before a quest asks you to do something, since you usually have to repeat whatever it is when you get the quest.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on May 3, 14 9:06 AM
I really like it. One suggestion. My screen resolution is too low for me to play any way except full screen. That's fine except that then I can't see my clock. It's almost a deal breaker, since I have no idea how much time I'm spending on your ridiculously addicting game.

It would be great if you could let the task bar stay at the bottom of my screen, even when the game is full screen.

Thanks,

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 23, 14 5:34 PM
Oh for heaven's sake! I didn't notice that I can scroll down to see more collections!!! And of course I need some of the runes for another quest. That seems really mean. I can't believe I'm the first one who made that mistake.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 23, 14 7:15 AM
I've done that. I just did it twice more.

Am I totally confused? The quest says goblin gears. the only collection that is anything like it says goblin runes. Am I collecting the wrong thing?

At this point I've collected the darn set 8 times (found in scenes, bought at auction or purchased with crystals)

HELP please.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 22, 14 9:54 PM
I have a quest to collect the goblin runes 3 times. I have so far collected the darn things and redeemed them 5 times. I thought maybe it was that I had to collect them 3 times after I got the quest, but Now I've done that and it's still not giving me credit.

Most annoying.

I've gotten some of the items in the auction by giving the price to buy them outright. (the rune of mining and the rune of alloys seem to be the rarest for me.)

Anyone have any ideas?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 22, 14 9:36 PM
I'm with you. I was willing to spend just a bit of money and I believe I figured out the best way to do it. I think I bought about $8 worth of coins which was enough to get me to the level of grand master in the fungi card game.

It's sort of a simple mindless solitaire that essentially doubles your coins every time you play (once you are at grand master level) It also gives you a nice chunk of stars that help you level up regularly (the game will refill your energy level to full each time you level up, plus add some to your total.)

Before I did this, I was quite frustrated by how long it took my energy to refill. I was only able to play for a few minutes at a time. Now I can play as long as I want (granted some of my time playing is mindless repetitive solitaire, but what the hell, I sometimes spend a couple hours playing freecell anyway, and that doesn't even have gnomes. ;-)

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 14, 14 9:27 PM
thanks for all the good advice. It has really helped my game.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 14, 14 6:45 PM
I have another question: as far as cashing in the collections, Will I ever need any of those things for quests or are the collection items a different set of things? In other words, Should I go ahead and cash in collections whenever it makes sense to do so. I get that sometimes it's strategic to wait until I need a fill up in energy and am about to level up etc, but other than that, is there any other reason not to cash in collections?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 13, 14 9:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for the great advice. I decided to spend a bit of real money and bought about $8 worth of coins. Then I played that fungus card game until I was at master level. You were all right! The money is rolling in. I figure I can buy materials for other mini-games and sandwiches to keep exploring as much as I am willing to work for.

Darn, I thought maybe I'd found a game which would force me to get my housework done. ;-)

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 13, 14 6:57 AM
Hi there, I'm kind of new at this and am wondering about the best way to go about maximizing the amount of time I can play before my energy runs out. It takes so long to refill!

I would be willing to put a LITTLE real money into the game, but I don't want to pay 5 bucks for 3 minutes of playing time. It seems to me it would be possible to do just that it you were not strategic about how you spent money.

I've gotten a few of those foods that increase your maximum energy, but what's the use of that if I can wait all day to play again and still not fill up? Ideally, I'd like to be able to play a bit before work in the morning, then come back to a full energy bar so I could play for a more extended time in the evening.

I also seem to be chronically low on cash, and read in the forum about playing minigames many times to bring in some coin. How do you get the materials to do that if you have no energy? To buy the stuff in the store costs more than I earn in the mini games. Am I missing something? does the payout increase with level or something?

Any other advice for a new player would be most welcome. Thanks.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator