Posts created by Meganthedog

posted in Cadenza: The Eternal Dance Collector's Edition on Jan 13, 18 8:15 AM
Am I the only one to notice the resemblance between our baddie and the evil Faerie in "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell"? It's a novel adapted for the television and starred a brilliant Marc Warren as the Faerie. It's a really weird tale about magic in the times of the Napoleonic Wars with magical abilities on offer in exchange for souls who would join in an eternal dance. I'll just have to wait to see if the Raven King appears.

posted in Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition on Oct 17, 17 8:06 AM
I agree with Kgustavson in that I found the game to be disappointing. Started off all thrills and spills and then it was the same as any other except there was a pumpkin in it. HOs became run of the mill and the puzzles became of the "can't be a**ed" variety. It was very short and the bonus content was sadly lacking. Not much extra for a collector's edition. Shame.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition on Aug 11, 17 3:14 PM
Pungstress - you took the words right out of my mouth. I shall have to gird my loins to do the bonus game tomorrow in between doing the ironing. I don't know which will prove the more boring. All this and I'm trying to pack up smoking too - bad games like this I really could do without.
Finished the bonus game (didn't take long) and uninstalled it. What a shame; the first one of the series was a smashing game but I couldn't rave about this one.

I finished hit then uninstalled it right away. What a tedious game.

posted in Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 17 7:58 AM
Is it only me who is finding the family crest particularly exasperating? I am placing the pieces in the proper places and shuffling them around but cannot get them to lock in. I've done two of them so I must be on the right track but the other two are making me pull my hair out. Any idea how I could finesse this thing? Windows 10.

Yippee, I've finally done it but I must have nigh on worn out the batteries in my mouse. Patience was never my strong suit.

posted in Gizmos: Interstellar Voyage on Mar 9, 17 3:06 PM
lvd04 wrote:Certainly not up to the standard of Fantasy mosaics. The background really gets in the way and makes it hard to see which spaces are filled and which are not. I also have no idea when I've made a mistake. The only way to see if you've made a mistake is when the game is over and you don't get any stars for playing without mistakes. There's no indication at the time that a mistake has been made. I like to learn from my mistakes and showing when I make one would be a big help. I have to say I find this game disappointing at best.

I don't play with sound but if I make a mistake, the cell goes takes on a crumpled appearance as if it's been zapped. Your eyes soon become able to hone in on it so it really does help.

posted in Gizmos: Interstellar Voyage on Mar 9, 17 3:04 PM
geniegal wrote:Can anyone tell me if it ever gets beyond 10x15 grids? That is my only gripe with the Fantasy Mosaics series, although the last one now sometimes goes 15x15.

Edited to show that grids on the second planet are 10x20.

Hello. I'm glad to say that the grids do get a lot bigger as you go along. I'm on Level 6 and the grid is 30 x 20.

posted in Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 17 8:50 AM
I think it's annoying everybody. Just look at the number of views this thread has had!

Developers, please take note; this is not a good element to your game design.

posted in Subliminal Realms: Call of Atis Collector's Edition on Feb 19, 17 7:55 AM
Now I've managed to progress past the Crystal Cave (thanks to WaltzingFish), I must say that the only thing which I'm not enjoying is that annoying dink-dink-dink-dink noise which it makes whenever I find a collectible. Why they have to spoil games with this unnecessary embellishment is beyond me. Other than that, I think it's a very good game.

posted in Subliminal Realms: Call of Atis Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 17 10:24 AM
Thank you so much. I'll give it another go.

posted in Subliminal Realms: Call of Atis Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 17 5:54 AM
Has anybody got any idea where I can locate the missing tile in the HOP where you have to find all the runes? I tried the hint button and it directs me to where I need to place the tile which isn't really of much help when it's the tile I can't find.

If it's not been a problem for other players, then perhaps this is a tech issue which I'll need to report so any information would be welcome.

Overall, I thought it was good but it was spoilt for me by some very frustrating puzzles with minimal instructions. Shame.

Next time I'll try that. This time I just shut all sound off until I'd completed the section. I agree that it was a very bad idea.

posted in Adam Wolfe: Blood of Eternity on Jan 6, 17 8:28 AM
Thank you so much, furrycreature. I was about to strangle the little so-and-so.

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Oct 15, 16 9:30 AM
Loved this game until the bonus chapter which contained a couple of really stupid puzzles and too many HOs with the story element for my liking.

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Oct 14, 16 7:43 AM
Thank you so much, crypsynight; I can finish it now.

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Oct 14, 16 4:12 AM
OK, so I know I'm probably being thick but what are you supposed to do in this HOP? I turn over a piece of paper and find a symbol but I can't find another to match it. Is there a specific order or do I have to find a matching object outside of the sketch? Any help would be appreciated.

posted in Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 16 5:05 AM
Very glad you got through it!

posted in Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 10, 16 3:14 PM
Turn the box around until the route lines up then very carefully move your cursor over the ball itself until it highlights then press. Continue until you're round the other side - about 5 or 6 six moves I think. The awkward thing is to get the ball highlighted otherwise the box just keeps on turning.

posted in Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Collector's Edition on Sep 28, 16 8:24 AM
I have just finished this excellent game and was having a look at my achievements. There it was: Pioneer - finish the demo without any hints. I didn't do the demo so maybe they give you that one gratis. If you do play the demo, don't press the hint button!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator