Posts created by sazoria

posted in The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 17 8:48 PM
Possible fix-
Current fix for games that won't play in windows 10-
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting

posted in Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition on Sep 24, 17 1:20 AM
Yeah, and if it is the horse collectibles you are looking for and you really can't find them, then of course their locations are pictured in the strategy guide.

posted in Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition on Sep 24, 17 1:17 AM
I have this achievement, so I know it is possible.
Unfortunately, without replaying the whole game I can't remember on which HOP I managed to get it
There must be one somewhere, that is a little quicker to do?!

If all else fails, I think it is possible to replay the game in the same profile, whilst keeping all achievements, which would mean that if you had just finished the game, you might only need to play for a little while before you come across an HOP that you can play more quickly because you have just played the game and vaguely remember where some things are.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero on Sep 23, 17 2:49 PM
Bubble machine-

You have to match the appearance of the three streams of bubbles in the machine, to that of the three streams in the tank to the left of it.

The bubble streams can be in 1 of three intensities.
1= 1 bubble per couple of seconds. (we'll refer to this as Low setting from now on)
2= about 4 bubbles per couple of seconds (medium)
3= continuous stream of bubbles. (high)

In order to set the streams in the bubble machine you need to know what controls correspond to what-
The slider at the top of the screen adjusts the intensity level of each stream-
the left most position is the low setting, the middle position is medium intensity and the right position is high.

The three buttons at the bottom of the machine relate to which stream number you wish to set-
so the left most button is for the left most stream in the machine, the middle is for the middle stream and the rightmost button is for the rightmost bubble stream.

So if you move the slider to the right position and then press the middle button, you will have set the highest intensity (continuous bubble stream) for the middle bubble stream. It's pretty simple when you get the hang of which control does what, just a matter of sliding one thing and pressing a button for each stream and your done.
You use the slider first, to pick what intensity you want to set, and then click the appropriate button, in order to apply that intensity to a bubble stream. Just match the bubble intensities in the machine, to those shown in the tank.

If you still aren't sure then I will put the instructions for getting the bubble settings to match the tank, assuming that the bubble code doesn't change for each game.
If you want to know then highlight underneath this text for answer-

Bubble stream on the left should be lowest intensity so set slider to left position and click left button.
Bubble stream in middle should be highest intensity so set slider to right and click on middle button.
Bubble stream on right should be medium intensity so set slider in middle position and click right button.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord on Sep 22, 17 2:06 PM
The SG says that you should be using the SHARP SOUVENIR to cut the silk cord on the right hand side of the scene where you gave the Alice girl the coins.

Is that what you are using and where you are using it?
I can't think of a reason why you would not be able to drag an inventory item far enough to the side of a normal game scene.

If you are doing this all right then I would suggest seeking tech help with customer support.

I see the issue .
Well you definitely shouldn't be being asked to submit a new profile, I can only assume that when it is asking you this it is asking you so that you can play a new game (start from the beginning) rather than asking you for the sake of playing the bonus game. The question is why is it prompting you to play a new game after you finish?
I can only think of a few possible solutions-
1.You are clicking through the credits and accidently clicking on the play button before you can see that that is what you are clicking on.
2.You do not actually have the collectors edition of the game.
3.There is a glitch specifically with your game for some reason.

So first off make sure it definitely says collectors edition in the title of your game (I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I just want to make sure that an accident hasn't happened).

Next I'm wondering what would happen if you click once to stop the credits from playing (does the prompt for a new profile still come up?)

If the prompt does come up after playing the final scene of the main game, are you able to ignore the box that pops up i.e. x it to close it, or else click elsewhere on the screen to get it to go away?
I can't imagine that if you were given the opportunity to create a new profile, you would then be forced to do so, and would think that there would be an option to get away from this request and go back to the main menu.
As it seems to be the creating of a new profile that prevents you from playing the bonus chapter, it is important that you do not do this under any circumstances.
I'm just wondering, if you can find a way to get away from the box without typing in a profile name, then it will take you back to the main menu page where the bonus chapter might then be unlocked and ready to play.

If none of this works and there is obviously a glitch in your game, I'm afraid you may need to contact the tech support people, unless any more tech savvy fishies swim by.
Good luck and best wishes!

The scroll is the ornate long book spine looking thing at the top edge of the box.
Presumably you have to pull out the scroll parchment from it's case by clicking on the little handle/pull/tab that sticks out from the centre of the bottom edge of the scroll.
I don't know whether you have to click and drag the tab out, or whether you have to just click, but this tab in the centre of the scroll case at the top of the box is where you should be clicking.
If this does not work then I would contact BFG tech support, a they can look into it more intensely.

When you have 4/4 jewel collection you go to the treasure room and click on statue of prince.
Place jewels and play mini game.
When you have swapped all the jewels into the right places you will be able to play another mini game by clicking on the space below the prince.
When you have completed this mini game a panel will open.
You can take the ancient globe and read a parchment.

posted in Phantasmat: Insidious Dreams Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 17 12:52 PM
Hey nextgengranny ,This was posted in 'I lost my cursor' thread-

bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thanks for continuing to reach out and for letting us know about the matter. As bfgBellerophon said, we've passed this information along to the appropriate teams. If we receive any news regarding the matter, we'll definitely announce it here in the forums.

If you continue experiencing troubles with the cursor, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll be the best equipped to provide a solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

It seems they have notified the devs about the issue and are waiting on a fix, Hopefully there will be one soon, but the devs won't notify the mods until they have fixed it so the poor mods just have to do their best until then.

What makes you say that they haven't asked for a fix? Am I missing some important info?

posted in Dark Romance: The Monster Within Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 17 12:46 PM
@PumpHouse
Same advice I seem to be giving a lot of people at the mo thanks to Windows 10, it's worth a try.
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

If this doesn't work-
you can also try deleting the demo completely from your computer, i.e. uninstalling and deleting any shortcuts.
Then going either to game manager ap, or your account on the BFG website, and reinstalling from there.
Sometimes when you have downloaded a demo, the computer can't get past it to play the full game so it just keeps telling you that you have finished the demo (don't know the tech reasons behind it).
Maybe give this a try if the other fix doesn't work.

posted in League of Light: Edge of Justice on Sep 22, 17 12:39 PM
@mickisue

This seems like an issue with how the game functions specifically on your computer.
Either way (whether glitch with programme or a problem with game/computer compatibility) the Moderators that work on the forums won't be able to check on it as they are not tech people, they will only be able to send you the formula tech solutions that are displayed on their help pages.

If you want a solution targeted to your problem you need to contact the customer support people.
Email them, and then reply to any emails they send back.
If there is a queue, as is often the case because BFG get a lot of requests for help, then make sure when you ask for an update on your query, that you reply to the email that the tech team send you after your first email (the one that says we are looking in to it or you are in a queue).
That way the department will recognise that you have an existing complaint that you are waiting on, rather than seeing a new email and assuming that it is a new request and therefore not prioritized over others who are waiting.

@mommapug1
Same advice I seem to be giving a lot of people at the mo thanks to Windows 10, it's worth a try.

gail854 wrote:

@jennsmom

A flying kiwi fruit, that's silly!
You quite obviously meant a flying New Zealander.
Big muscly Maori flying around with dainty fairy wings.

You don't click the PLAY button to play the bonus chapter.
The button to click should be on the left of the main menu ( not extras menu).
It's a green colour and should say: ''Bonus Game- Out of the Shadows'.

If it is definitely not on the left of the screen, then you need to contact BFG tech support for help.

posted in Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition on Sep 20, 17 10:42 PM
Post in update thread-

bfgBeruna wrote:Howdy Everybody!

Exciting news! A new version of Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition (PC) is now available on the website. This update includes the following:

- Fixes error caused by exiting the scene too early.

To apply the update, just follow the steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' COG on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

If you are still running into issues after installing that update, please contact our Technical Support Team so they can look into that.

Happy gaming!

bfgBeruna .

posted in Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition on Sep 20, 17 10:39 PM
This is a glitch in the game, as can be seen in the tech thread.
You have to download the new update (as shown in the update thread near the top of the thread list for this game forum) for the game in order to fix the problem.

posted in Phantasmat: Insidious Dreams Collector's Edition on Sep 20, 17 12:04 PM
Taken from alternate thread-

nextgengranny wrote:This mini-game was super frustrating for me until I figured out how you're supposed to choose your moves. For example, if I wanted the cursor to move "up", I would click "straight ahead", as that seems the logical thing to do, but it wouldn't work. I finally realized you have to choose your moves as though you were literally walking through the maze. For example, if you have been moving to the right, & now wish to move "up", you have to select "turn left", as that is what you would do if walking through a maze IRL. Once I got that, it was easy, but it was very frustrating up to that point. Hope this helps someone.

@Nizzy1
You should never be asked to enter a profile when playing the bonus chapter, as it should be played in your main game profile. That fact that you are being asked means that there is either a glitch in your game, causing that option to come up, or you are clicking on the wrong thing (i.e. the main button to replay the main game) and as a result it is asking you to create a new profile to play again.

You may be typing in the same name as your main game profile, but you are always creating a new profile when you do so, so you won't be able to play the bonus game as it will make you start from the beginning.

This might be a glitch, or a misunderstanding, but to find out a little more info could help.
Just to make sure you are definitely doing the right thing, what are you clicking on, and where is it (i.e. main or extras menu), in order to try and play the bonus game?

In order to play the bonus game you should click on the box on the left hand side of the main menu, that is unlocked (turns from grey with a padlock around it, to coloured and unlocked) when you have finished the main game.
The box is green in colour and says: 'Bonus Game- Out of the Shadows'.

I just want to make sure you are clicking on this and not the Play button on the right of the screen that is used to play the main game. I know that in some games you use the same play button for the main and bonus games, but there will usually be an indication if that is the case i.e. two options will come up when pressed, one in colour that says main game, and one in grey (to be unlocked on completion of main game) that says bonus game.
Anyway, this is not the case with this game so I'm just making sure.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero on Sep 19, 17 11:37 PM
@ggma34
Assuming that you are referring to the Flashbang (in the museum, which I'm sure you are , and not the flash grenade (Ahab's ship)-

Taken from Vermillion Watch: Order Zero walkthrough as published on Big Fish's site-
•Place OCTOPUS DECOY (N); close lid.
•Use FLASHBANG; take DINOSAUR INSIGNIA (O ).
•Go to The Earth.

The picture that comes along with the instructions shows (O ) as being inside the big angler fish near the back of the sea room; so you use the flash bang on the angler fish and then take the dinosaur insignia.

@uwflossi
That sounds like one of those little glitches where something sticks around when it's not supposed to, like an after image or a sound effect that keeps on going.
They are little glitches that can usually be fixed by simply closing the game fully and then reopening it.
Does this do any good for your problem?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator