Posts created by drkgordon

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 8:00 AM
I wish I could have been immortalized as something more exotic, but Guppy it is, I guess.

ETA with this post, I became a minnow. Not much better. SIGH!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 7:59 AM
I've done that a few times.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 18 7:41 AM
playingthegame wrote:
HotLily wrote:Delphi is a forum especially set up for MC players. Cut and paste the link below and have a look see.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

Freya

Not quite correct!
Delphi Forums have been around for a long time (almost 20 years in fact) and is HUGE!

But the Folder containing the Midnight Castle part of it is a new one ( Is it a week old now?) and that is what is mentioned in the above link.
Because of the dedication of many players who have transferred to it,with Jenifer as our host, we now have a roaring success!
Entrance is simple and we welcome all dedicated MC players whether newbies or senior

Wow! I must be living under a rock. I have never heard of Delphi before now.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 18 7:19 AM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:
drkgordon wrote:Soooo...I've always wanted to change my name on here but couldn't. So if I join Delphi with a new name, how will people know that it's me?

Once you get signed up, you can go into your profile and put your old name in as a nickname. This way when you post we'll see you with your new name but recognize you from your nickname (old name). So, sign up, add the nickname, then post in the thread called members (see left column and scroll down the list), and let us know what platform you play on. That also lets us know you've joined!

I'm also going to be working on setting up a master member list and I'm going to list everyone alphabetically, by platform groups.

Hope to see you there!
Ada

Thanks Ada...I will join Delphi in the next few days when real life lets up a little bit. See you there.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 18 5:55 PM
Soooo...I've always wanted to change my name on here but couldn't. So if I join Delphi with a new name, how will people know that it's me?

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 18 5:51 PM
MaryCricket thank you.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 18 7:33 AM
So is everybody registering with Delphi and are they also registering with Pond?

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 9, 18 8:20 AM
So angry right now...that stupid block on Microsoft Updates didn't work for very long. Lost track of how many times I've reverted back to the older version of Windows just so I could play this STUPID game. In total, I've probably wasted about 2 days researching trying to get this flipping game to work. Been over a week and no response from BFG support. Sent in a reply and still no response. I'm sure a moderator will swim by and apologize and explain that they have no control and support is busy, blah, blah, blah. Well, sorry doesn't fix anything. Meanwhile, time is going by and the SE is continuing and so is the CC. Losing out big time on the money making bonus and will probably lose the additional avatars that you can only get during the CC which is one of the stupidest things ever! So glad I didn't spend any real time money on this.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 8, 18 5:19 PM
jack FYI...your spoiler is not hidden.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 6:48 PM
Will do whitebutterfly. I'm not a big fan of Windows 10 either and don't appreciate being forced to use it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 7:09 AM
jEMSW Thanks for all the info. A fellow in the Microsoft community has got me back in business. Thank goodness for him because I had put in a ticket to BFG support on Monday and still have not heard from them other that the automated message that says I'm in the queue which I'm beginning to wonder about. This fix is only temporary and I'm going to need BFG to give me a permanent one.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 7:04 AM
mdpetdoc I have a teenager. Turning on a metered connection would be cause for bankruptcy. The guy from the Microsoft community gave me a link to download a "Show/Hide Tool" and I was able to block the update. This morning I had no update and was able to access my game.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 6:16 PM
Petra, I submitted a ticket already, just waiting for a response. Thanks for the luck...I sure need it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 6:12 PM
mdpetdoc mine is Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Version 1709, Build 16299.309 which is the one that won't let me play MC. I revert back to Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.966 which does let me play MC. I've changed back 3 mornings in a row now. A little time consuming during SE and CC.

I don't have the option for semi-annual channel but my system does try to update in September and March. I don't have any options at all. I can't even pick a restart time, it's all grayed out. I've got a guy from the Microsoft community giving me things to try while I wait for BFG support to respond to my ticket.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 8:48 AM
The option to pause updates has been removed. I tried the search but nothing comes up since 2016. Its just sad how they "force" you to do things. Why, oh why can't they wait until after the SE!!!!

mdpetdoc what version of windows 10 do you have?

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 5:39 PM
whitebutterfly how/where do you do this? I've been searching for that and for the life of me, I cannot find it. I've probably looked at it numerous times, but can't see it because I'm so frustrated with this whole update thing.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 6:41 AM
I did put in a ticket to customer service with a Dr. Felix report attached. In the meantime, I uninstalled all the updates and reverted back to my previous version of windows. Got everything back and was able to play last night BUT this morning the new updates were back. Here we go again. SIGH!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 18 8:24 AM
Has anybody else had a Microsoft Update that screwed up their computer?
This morning I couldn't get into anything because an update was downloading (usually it does this in the background). After the restart, nothing worked. Big Fish Games keeps telling me that Internet Explorer needs to be updated. It is at the most current browser already. (Submitted to BFG for this.) Deleted MC because I couldn't get into it. Now can't download it. First, I kept getting the message that BFG wasn't working and it would look for a solution and send it to Microsoft. Now the Game Manager shows the arrow going in a circle in the download queue and nothing is happening. Been working on this for 4 hours now.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 27, 18 4:30 PM
Thanks Dhyani. This is such a big help. Much appreciated.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 18 10:03 AM
Thanks Desertdruid. The same thing happened in the next room I went in, but this time it happened when I clicked ok after finishing The Enchanted Clock so I got the credit for the HOS. It could add up to a lot of wasted time with no credit if It keeps switching when you're in the middle of a HOS.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator