Posts created by Angelfish1988

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 25, 14 10:55 PM
playerpop wrote:

Put some high selling items on your wish list.

This is a good idea. I've built up so much inventory that I can easily gift crafted items that can be sold for coin, and would do so more often if people would put items like that on their wish list. I won't, however, be gifting anyone a $4,000 crafted item unless they give me that egg on my wish list.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 25, 14 5:35 PM
If you've done enough HOS scenes to make your head swim and your fingers hurt, you probably have a a lot of extra items for crafting. Some of those crafted items can be sold for more than they cost to craft. I call it Crafting for Coins. Watch those stamps, though!

Craft item -- Net coins:

Ancestors Spirit -- 2,000
Artifact of Infinity -- 695
Blessing Pendant -- 2,040
Blood-red Order -- 850
Celestial Hunter -- 1,430
Chastening Power -- 1,270
Horn of Ancestry -- 680
Mechanical Heart -- 1,780
Pendant of Sympathy -- 720
Ring of Irrepressibility -- 615
Seal of Prayer -- 2,000
Sign of Ferocity -- 1,240

(Note, this is probably not a complete list and the accuracy may be in question since I did most of the math in my head )

Credit where due: lady sabelle's Strategy Guide, you can find a link in "Helpful Links for Midnight Castle"

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 30, 14 9:01 PM
Patm49 wrote:
I couldn't believe that the Wheel had the Hippo Egg on it today, and even after spending 1,000 coins, I finally got it.

Ooh, congrats on the Hippo Egg!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 29, 14 8:18 PM
Myhashen wrote: BTW: the builders/creators of this game seem to have their mythical creatures confused. Elves and centaurs are totally different creatures. A centaur cannot be king of the elves. Elves have 2 legs like a human and centaurs have 4 like a horse. Neither elves nor centaurs have antlers. They seem to have incorporated The Green Man into a part centaur and part elk or deer - the antlers look more like an elk than a deer. There are no elf characteristics that I can see. I think there is probably a whole lot of ogre or troll thrown in, too. (Yes, Yoda, I am an avid reader of fantasy. How did you guess?)

The storyline and characters are such a mishmash of genres it's almost absurd. Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, knights, faeries, magicians, witches, dragons; fantasy, steampunk, horror, magical realism; modern, medieval, Victorian . . . who knows what will come next. Absurd but fun.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 29, 14 1:53 PM
JoanJ53 wrote:I'm sure the developers are all under the age of 30 and have 20/20 vision. As I am plenty-nine and counting up and don't have 20/20 vision, I am having alot of trouble finding anything especially in the new scenes!

LOL, isn't that the truth. I had resisted using reading glasses for the computer until this $%^&# game came along. What I really need is a gigantic computer screen instead of my wee little laptop. I can't get too upset though, since I can still recall my twenty-something self rolling my eyes at my bosses when they complained about the font size in my reports.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 29, 14 1:39 PM
*The* most useful tool for Daily Quests for me was the Strategy Guide (there's a link in the Helpful Links post) created by lady_sabelle. (This was already suggested by rosiebvt and silver_hawk but I wanted to emphasize). If you look through the guide you will find a list of the Daily Quests and what is required to complete each of them For example, if you know you will have to send out an airship, play dice or feed a pet in an upcoming step of your current quest, then you can hold off on those items so they will be available when you need them.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 29, 14 11:00 AM
Thanks to all who responded, I have to verify but I believe all eggs have a good home now. If I haven't responded to your pm, I will soon. I apologize to those playing iOS that I did not clarify that I play the PC version. Happy egg hunting, everyone!

Hey, I'm a jellyfish now. I've gone from a spineless sea creature attached to coral to a floating spineless creature. How nice.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 29, 14 1:05 AM
PearlSniper wrote:I cannot find the cargo items to be shipped on the air ship. If the air ship is not docked, I see cargo items that I have never gotten from a HOS or anywhere else. If I open the air tower, when the air ship is docked, I cannot get out. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL or ALT-F4 stop the game. I know that I can put them on the wish list, but I rather get them for myself.

Pearl, what you've described above really sounds like a technical problem. If you have played a lot of HOS scenes (a foregone conclusion if you are at level 29), you should have loads of cargo items. If you were merely short on cargo items, you would be able to see how many cargo items you need to pack the ship and you would be able to exit the air tower normally even if you didn't pack or send anything.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 28, 14 11:35 PM
I'd probably not be doing the HOS rounds while I waited for the next update if I wasn't trying to collect pet food for pet-related achievements. Thus my ridiculously large inventory is just a side effect of my obsessive need to complete achievements.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 28, 14 5:51 PM
I have the following eggs to gift:

dragon
pegasus
manticore
turtle
owl (x2)
phoenix (x2)
tiger (x2)
puppy (x4)

If interested, pm me with your friend code. First come, first served, offer good only while supplies last!

An egg in trade is not necessary, but if you happen to have an extra hippo, hedgehog, panda, parrot or lemur egg, I wouldn't turn it down.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 28, 14 5:18 PM
Add me to the list. The occasional empty scene was annoying before, but the Broken Statue is ridiculous. Usually three or four attempts at least before I can get in.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 19, 14 8:09 PM
Some of the HOSs change but the changes are part of the new storyline at Level 27 and above.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 19, 14 3:30 PM
I could have that 250,000 coins if I weren't such a fortune wheel addict. Just one more spin . . . (x10 or more each day). My goals are completing achievements and building up inventory. I just need to beat that ^&#@ dragon two more times and I can check that one off my list.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 19, 14 10:42 AM
Thanks McCoy, funny what little irritant would drag me into posting on the forum for the first time.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 17, 14 10:34 PM
I've sold pet food numerous times when I meant to select a pet. Aaargh!! Adding an "are you sure" for the pet food would be a good change. However, I would not want to verify every time if I am selling other items as I often sell many of a given item at one time. This, however, needs to be balanced with the concern of accidentally selling an egg or some other rare or valuable item. I haven't ever done that, but it makes me cringe to even think about it. Maybe an "are you sure" on the first sale of a given item and none thereafter until you select another item to sell?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 17, 14 10:07 PM
The Steam Mechanism crafted item really bugs me. From the picture it should clearly require at least a Bronze Circle and a Breath of Life (items from two of the newest HOS's), but the items required to craft are the Diamond Maze, Pendant of Tears and Dagger of Mercy. I searched the forum and found one other post mentioning this, and the poster pointed out that these are the exact same items required for the Tiara of Rapacious Age. So obviously an error and an annoying one at that (at least for me, since I appreciate the little details, such as some sort of rationale for the items needed to craft something). So how does one go about bringing this to the attention of the game developers so it can be fixed in the next update?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator