Posts created by stagemel

I get inside Ann's house and I can do nothing. I can't click on anything. Outside seems okay, but I can't proceed.

I uninstalled then reinstalled it. Still, no movement in her house.

Basically, I spent money to play 1/2 of a game.

I wanted to clarify that my game is not frozen. I just can't do anything inside the house. Is there some kind of trick that I don't know how to do? I can't even click on the collectible.

I can't select the last item in a HOP. I turned on the hint feature to make sure I was trying to choose the correct thing, but still can't get it.

posted in Emma and the Inventor on May 22, 11 4:15 PM
I managed to finish this game with three minutes to spare in the hour demo. Cute, but simple and short. I would NOT buy it!

posted in Wispa Forest on Sep 17, 10 12:37 AM
I'm having the same problems as everyone else, I can't access the game. It's too bad because it looks so pretty.

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Jun 4, 10 11:20 AM
I would say no. I finished it in an hour and fifty minutes, and the story line is very predictable.

I wonder if it's actually going to come out on time. Not to be a Doubting Thomas, but it is not like Big Fish has a great track record on getting Mac games out in a reliable timeframe. I'm certainly not going to get any of my hopes up on that date.

posted in Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola Tesla on Sep 13, 09 9:16 PM
At first I thought I had "invisible" speakers as well, but then realized that my game is set on widescreen. Unfortunately, I can't turn it off. I will also be requesting a refund unless this is easily fixed...

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jul 18, 09 11:06 AM
rscb wrote:

So it seems that the options are to play the game as is or not play the game or contact Customer Support and get a game credit for a game that will play on your Mac, as it should.

Sorry for the bad news...
rscb

Not terribly surprising, given the service provided thus far. My game has also been full of lots of little bugs. Also, seeing all the other interesting-looking puzzle games that keep coming out for the PCs is a little annoying, especially when the latest game for Macs is about managing movie theatres...still third-class citizens in the eyes of BFG, it seems.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jun 18, 09 7:24 PM
bfgErie wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post any updates on the Mac version of Return to Ravenhearst recently. I don't have any information to post right now, but I did want to let you know that I will post an update as soon as I hear anything.

I understand your frustration here and I can tell you that we are working very hard to get this game ready for launch just as quickly as humanly possible. We also hear your comments regarding the current Return to Ravenhearst sale that is happening right now. I have let everyone know about your posts here, so they can come to the forums and read them for themselves.

bfgErie

Why isn't everyone in the company already apprised of this issue and the horrific PR, customer service, and technical nightmare this has already become for BFG and the Mac community?

I want a personal apology from the CEO of BFG for the poor service and the long wait--not just placating messages with no content.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jun 16, 09 9:59 AM
I've always thought we should get a discount for having to wait over half a year to play this game...but now the PCs get one! I hate to be so cynical, but I'm pretty sure that the Mac edition won't be ready until the sale is over, and that we won't be offered anything...

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on May 27, 09 5:40 AM
Was there anyone who felt this game was too easy? I finished in a few hours, never really got too stuck (I always knew what I needed), and didn't really feel like there were really difficult challenges once all items were found...
Although I do enjoy the storyline, I wish there were some harder puzzles.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Apr 28, 09 8:40 AM
While I'm somewhat pleased to hear of progress from BFG, I hope that they will be able to give some sort of discount/deal for Mac users. After all, we've only had to wait an extra six or seven months...

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Oct 13, 08 9:18 AM
Emmanuel_BFG wrote:orpheneritus, Mac isn't an afterthought at all In terms of timeframe, I never give a promise that I am not certain to hold, so I won't give a date, but we're talking a couple of weeks.

Best regards,
Emmanuel Marty
Director, Big Fish Games Studios Europe
Lead developer, Azada Ancient Magic

This was posted on August 28, 2008. That was about 6 weeks ago. What is the delay? Why has this not been addressed or announced to the public?

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Oct 4, 08 7:35 PM
I have often had similar problems, particularly with hidden object games. I often am not able to select that last item before moving onto the next level, and I have not been able to open some games at all when trying out the demo.
I contacted BFG customer service, and I was told that sometimes the games that are sold for Macs simply didn't actually work on Macs and there was nothing I could do, and the only thing BFG could do but offer me a game coupon. So that makes me wonder how they can harp so much on "quality control" as a obstacle in getting games out on time, when there are times when that is not an issue.

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Sep 23, 08 9:40 PM
bfgErie wrote:We are working on a Mac version of Azada: Ancient Magic. While I am not able to provide you with a release date, I know that developers are working very hard to get a Mac version of the game out as soon as they can. I hope that you remain patient while try and get this game out to you.

It is still ridiculous for them to say they have no idea when it will be available. They basically have refused to give themselves a deadline by not publicly declaring when the game will be available.

The important point however, is not that Mac users want this particular game so badly--it is that the service offered by BFG to "those who chose to purchase a Mac instead of a PC" has been consistently inferior. This has long been a problem, and should have been considered long ago.

BFG can offer all the apologies and platitudes it would like, but action is what would be most appreciated.

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Sep 17, 08 8:26 AM
kjboulware2 wrote:BFG offers loads of games for Windows OS, and take months and longer to develop Mac versions.

I also think that it is indicative of BFG's attitude toward Mac users that there continues to be no word on when this game will be available. There has also been no additional response to the growing number of grievances. I suppose we can only hope that it is because they are too busy working creating Mac versions of good games. As opposed the daily Windows games they develop, some of which don't seem to be very good. But at least there is one EVERY DAY.

When BFG says they have an "Exclusive" game, it seems that they really mean, "A game to exclude you from!"

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Sep 16, 08 7:23 PM
Emmanuel_BFG wrote:In terms of timeframe, I never give a promise that I am not certain to hold, so I won't give a date, but we're talking a couple of weeks.

I'm glad that BFG is so on top of this. Surely they've noticed that it's been more than a couple of weeks? Again, stellar service to Mac users who keep hoping that our loyalty will eventually be rewarded. I guess the big game of the summer will just have to be the big game of the fall, or perhaps even winter. Disappointing work, BFG...just really disappointing.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator