Posts created by bethman

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 14 10:37 PM
To everyone who is on an iPad (or possibly iPhone as well?) and cannot type anything in the box for Player Name:

I can't guarantee this will work or not, but I kept tapping the keyboard screen over and over again (and switching between letters and symbols, you know how the ipad keyboard thing works) and at some point in my tapping frenzy the game recognized the letter 'B'. So now that is my player name. I've tested this method a couple times and it seems to work--just hit all the keyboard buttons like crazy until a letter or symbol gets through. Just don't hit the backspace button immediately after you manage to type a letter, or you'll have to start over again. I also tried just tapping one letter repeatedly, but these attempts were unsuccessful.

Also of note: I tried this with the on-screen keyboard and also with my actual keyboard that connects to the ipad through bluetooth. This method worked on both of those. Just thought that might be helpful for any debugging purposes. (Also I managed to get the keyboard to type the characters '?', '/', 'B', 'b', 'D', and 'd'. I don't know if there's anything special about those characters specifically or whether that's just where my fingers happened to go the most. Hope that helps!)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator