Posts created by KaveBB

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Mar 12, 15 7:09 PM
Discouraged: as someone else stated, hints are worthless, because they are not available most of the time and there are no instructions for the puzzles. I am stuck. I think I have done everything I can in the hospital, but I have have a feeling that isn't true. There is a key with a man's head in a patient's room, but I cant figure out how to get it. I have the stork key, but don't know what it goes to. The "strategy guide" shows a series of images (bottle at nurse's station, cane in the holder bucket, toes in the morgue, bottle in the morgue, wallpaper in patient's room, IV container in delivery room, etc), but I don't know what to do about them. When I try to click on those areas, nothing happens. I am so stuck! Can anyone help me??

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jan 28, 15 4:30 PM
I agree. I can see that the game was originally built so that it could be expanded upon, almost indefinitely. It seems the devs maybe got bored with this one and moved on to other games? Perhaps they are working on a really great update, but it just takes a lot of time? I'm very disappointed. I think I'm quitting, too, unless I get a message that the game has a serious update.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jan 9, 15 10:43 PM
This new update is great news! I have continued playing the game and building up my crystals, gold, and energy level in anticipation of this. I am concerned, though. The last time I updated (September), it erased all of my progress and I had to start completely over. How do I protect myself from this happening again??? I sure appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Sep 28, 14 10:41 PM
After downloading the recent update, I started the game and noticed some enhancements. These are great! Thanks! Then I closed out the game and reopened several times throughout the day. The last time I opened the game, it had erased ALL of my progress!!! It behaves as though I am playing for the first time. Is there any way to recover my data???

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Sep 28, 14 1:18 PM

"7. What was the original name of Paris? Letetia "

The correct spelling, according to my recent interview, is Lutetia. Thanks for posting all of these answers. This is a huge help!

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Sep 15, 14 7:02 PM
Q: "Somebody tried to break the lock, but failed. What did they leave on the lock?"
A: FLOWER

Q: "What flower was it?"
A: STRAWBERRY

Q: "Now that you know what type of flower it was, you knew where to look for the escaped prisoner. Where did you find him?"
A: FOREST

Q: "Dupin also found a bloodstained note. What did you use to make the text visible?"
A: IRON

Q: "What did you find when you arrived at the blacksmith's house?"
A: NOTE

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Sep 8, 14 1:09 PM
You are probably past this by now. Click on your journal on the bottom left. Peruse that and see if the instructions are there. If you unknowingly clicked on them while searching the cabin, this is where they'd be.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Sep 4, 14 3:07 PM
Q: "I understand you had to use a special chemical to make hand prints visible on bodies. What else [other than peroxide] did the surgeon use in the examination?"

A: I can't find this answer anywhere. It is 2 words. The first is 10 letters (4th & 5th are N and I) and the second is 3 letters. Other letters used are AAFGGGILMNY

Okay. I was impatient and spent a lot of money on hints. The answer is MAGNIFYING GLA

Next question. WHAT IS A MAGNIFYING GLA???!!!!!!!!!

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Aug 27, 14 12:03 PM
"Who performed the examination of the victims' bodies?" Surgeon

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Aug 20, 14 11:04 AM
Disappearing gold. I finished my first interview and was overjoyed to see my reward. I was all set to buy stuff, but when the screen refreshed, all that I had earned was ... poof ... gone. My gold and diamonds returned to the amount I had before the interview. I was still learning the game so I chalked it up to being something I had to learn about, but someone told me that should not have happened. Can someone return my reward to me?

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Aug 20, 14 11:00 AM
Thanks, Ferg Frk. I never thought to bring it up to tech. I'll try that.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Aug 20, 14 7:28 AM
I was so excited when I got my reward after the first interview, but when I went to use the diamonds and gold ... poof! they disappeared. I was left with the same amount I had before. Don't know what that was about, but it was disappointing. I was all set to buy stuff. I'll try again. It may take a couple of weeks to save up the gold, though.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Aug 20, 14 6:09 AM
Thanks for all of your input. I guess I'll just have to resign myself to playing for only 15 min. maybe 2x per day. It's frustrating to waste the 30 min or 1 hour amulets when my energy doesn't last that long. And, seriously, 5000 gold for a newspaper article??? Really??? It takes forever to earn that much $. Sigh, I hope the devs send an update with a little more grace soon. Happy hunting, everyone!

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Aug 18, 14 6:34 AM
Thanks, Valdy! Playing a little in the morning and night is what I have been doing. I'll continue to trudge on in this game, but won't buy anymore. I'm not about to dump a bunch of real money into a video/computer game.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Aug 18, 14 4:51 AM
I am having fits. For the most part, I like this game. The big turnoff is how quickly my energy runs out. My amulets are wasted because I can't even last long enough to use up a 30 minute one. Apparently I am doing something wrong because I don't see many people having this problem in the forum. Can anyone help me? This problem is making the game frustrating enough to quit and be sorry I paid for it before I "tried" it. I thought, perhaps, I may have messed up at the beginning, when I was still learning, by spending my crystals on relatively unimportant things. I thought I could fix that by just starting over, but it seems I am doomed, as I can find no way to start over.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator