Posts created by ElleBeeJay

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 17, 17 6:44 PM
I'm also getting frustrated with the lack of help. I know a lot of people have dropped off the game, but I hoped with the update that many would come back. I still see lots of people playing, and I do a lot of helping myself, but my help requests usually sit for hours or overnight. I think those of us still playing need to make a strong effort to help each other!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 17, 16 7:46 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
ElleBeeJay wrote:
Quick question--I haven't finished de-cursing the area in front of the front stairs (building slightly southwest of the palace). Is de-cursing more advantageous pre- or post-update?

TIA!

If you mean the area to the far lower left below the second palace. Then you can save that for last. You don't need that area until the second palace and the three towers next to it are completed.

Sorry to be unclear--I was actually referring to the area in front of the second palace. I think it's better to de-curse post-update, because after the update we no longer need alluring amber to de-curse areas, right?

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 17, 16 7:12 PM
TMGamer99 wrote: To be honest, the only bad part of the update was the building upgrades. So, I really can't see any reason for you not to update when those are done.

Thanks for the advice--I'll do that. I'll be done with building upgrades sometime this week, so then I'll install the update. Sounds like it'll be a lot easier to get my palace done after the update. Right now I've had to use all my stones on upgrading, so I haven't been able to dive for amber. (Well, I've sent the little guy down, just so I could get a green stone, but haven't had him clear any islands--just down and then back up again.)

Quick question--I haven't finished de-cursing the area in front of the front stairs (building slightly southwest of the palace). Is de-cursing more advantageous pre- or post-update?

TIA!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 17, 16 1:10 PM
AmeliaSueAgain wrote:I agree.

I would happily give up visiting neighbors for a while if I could go back and do my building upgrades without requiring alluring amber and amber bits until they were complete.

I am at level 73 and as fast as I can bring amber bits up from the ocean, I use them for castle bricks. I can't begin to locate enough amber to upgrade buildings as well. Consequently, my stones are just piling up because I can'5 use them.

I definitely wish I had waited.....and maybe NEVER done this update.

I've held off on the update and, so far, haven't regretted it. I'm focusing on upgrading my buildings and am close to done (currently at 9,364 magic). Other players are still answering my help calls, and I'm making sure to answer theirs quickly as well, since only the remaining non-update people can help each other.

I think once I've finished the building upgrades I'll update--I like the idea of the unlimited dive--but I'm not entirely sure. There's a piece of me that's wondering whether I should stick to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 13, 16 7:36 PM
Andovape wrote:Hi All!

I noticed a lot of people are complaining about the basalt bits. If you are getting close to starting the second part of the palace, you might want to consider making some basalt bricks every now and then. I had 92 basalt bricks in storage and it wasn't enough for the base. Since they take so long to make, consider starting early.

Thanks for the tip, Andovape. I was wondering how man basalt bricks I'd eventually need. I've been making some early (usually when I have too few amber bits to create another amber brick, I use them for a basalt brick) and I thought I might be overdoing it. But with only 44 so far, I can clearly keep going!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 13, 16 4:10 PM
I'm not sure on this theory but it may also be that the people you no longer see as active didn't update. I've held off on the update, after reading the comments here, until I finish my building upgrades (currently at 9,154 magic). There are some islands I can no longer get to and some I can, so I'm assuming that the ones I can still get to (and the ones where we can still answer each others' help calls) are other players who haven't updated yet either.

I'm not sure whether the game will let me hold off on the update until I've finished my upgrades. Fingers crossed--I was already annoyed with the lack of amber in the old version, so needing even more would probably push me over the edge. Looking forward to the endless dives, though...

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 4, 16 1:26 PM
Thanks *so much* for the advice. So I'll continue increasing my storage, but do some occasional re-balancing, like verdesa suggested.

Thanks again, everyone! I love coming here for tips and techniques--it's saved me a lot of frustration. Happy gaming!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 4, 16 12:34 PM
I currently have 440 storage slots and I'm on level 62. To upgrade storage to the next level, I'll need a combination of 54 plans, tools and ropes. I'm tempted to stop saving for the next storage level, since the boxes take up so much room, and to sell off the ones I currently have saved (about 18). Has anyone else done this? I thought I saw a related post here, but now I can't find it. I just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot for future levels by having 440 be my max storage. I guess I could always increase it later, but then I know I'd regret selling off the 18 I currently have, since they take a long time to accumulate.

TIA for any thoughts/recommendations!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 18, 16 10:37 AM
Thanks so much for the tips, TMGamer. I've done Blooming Alley 1 but haven't done BA2 yet, so maybe I'll focus on that next. I felt like I was at a pace where I could see progress, but lately it seems like everything has kind of ground to a slow-as-molasses halt--frustrating! Well, I'll keep on going as long as my sanity holds out. Thanks again!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 18, 16 9:06 AM
Does finishing the palace give any kind of increase to the total magic level? I'm at level 44 and currently have a magic max of 6,507. I need 7,000 to de-curse the library and I feel like I'm never going to get there, since hard-earned stones only give increases of 10 or 15 at a time. I'm ready to give up, but I just wanted to check in whether whether rebuilding my castle might increase my magic total in a quicker way than windows, doors and chimneys.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jul 21, 16 9:12 PM
It's an *extremely* frustrating part of the game play. And Murphy's Law of Pearl Losses is that I always seem to lose them on absolutely meaningless things--something I was doing on the side that wasn't even necessary...

I have a feeling they thought it might be lucrative to have pearls disappear so easily but it has the exact opposite effect on me--I'm definitely not buying extra pearls when they disappear so easily.

posted in Roads of Rome: New Generation on Jan 25, 16 8:13 PM
Hi jeepers7,

You may have figured this out by now, but just in case not...

I struggled with this level on hard mode for a long time and finally figured out a trick that works. As soon as you're able, pick up the clock off the little island to activate it. When you do it early, the game actually gives you a second clock you can use to freeze time later, giving plenty (by hard level standards) of time left over. This was absolutely the only way I could get everything done in hard mode for this level.

Hope that helps.

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 26, 15 11:08 PM
I'd totally overlooked that. Thanks so much, lady_sabelle!

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 26, 15 8:29 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Saturn-shaped resource that's needed to do the second upgrade on the library? I've had that task open forever and have all the resources I need, except for whatever Saturn represents. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or whether it's just a matter of being patient until a new building or skill opens up.

Thanks in advance!

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Jul 15, 14 7:44 PM
Thanks for sharing, Meow. I'll probably do the same--or at least keep going until I run out of quests. (All my quest are Archie-centric, as usual, so it'll take a while to make it through.) I also noticed that there's still one little cloud lingering in the northwest corner, so I'm curious if something that happens at level 25 will eventually make that go away... I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait to find out!

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Jul 13, 14 1:14 PM
I'm also curious about this. I've unlocked level 25 but still have a lot of quests. All my buildings are upgraded except for the final two. There was one goal on level 25 where once I got to 250k XPs, it give me a bunch of money and then brought me back down to 0 XPs and started recounting. But now I'm not sure what's next... Just play until all the buildings are upgraded and quests are complete or is there more structure post-level 25?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator