Posts created by Oleellie

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 21, 15 4:36 PM
Do you have room for one more??!?

I will bring my own half-full glass . . . which I have been clutching for a while now . . .

. . . and some optimistic crackers . . and plenty of the +ve
((( V I B E S ))) . . . of course!!!

<packing a bag right now . . can I bring the cat?>

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 10, 15 4:59 PM
(Yay!!! Caught one!!!!! )

HappybirthdayHappybirthdayHappybirthday!!

(Grovelling suitably . . )

Humble minion O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 9, 15 4:17 PM
frothnbubble wrote:Hey Big W,

I think bfgMurrumbidgee had it covered and your reply was perhaps superfluous to needs.

Maybe you'd care to raise a topic related to the game that hasn't already been addressed that complies with Forum Rules . No offence but these Forum Rules do lack consistency.

Look on the bright side Big W, if we keep talking you're more likely to find work to do!

froth .

Beautifully put!

. . . and I concur!!

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 5, 15 4:30 PM
Me too!

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 4, 15 3:23 PM
judi25 wrote:...........and we have 2 new guests at Rose Bud Manor. Welcome

It's been a long time since we had guests but I will try to find and dust off the meddle. Maybe the ceremony can be in conjunction with the Easter Hunt???

Excellent idea judi!!!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 17, 15 3:30 PM
Happy Birthday Virginiabreeze !!!!

Wishing you a lovely, relaxing day!

Love'n'hugs

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 15, 15 1:42 PM
Congratulations Buddytrex!!!

Well done!

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 14, 15 4:25 PM
Hi all!

In anticipation of Jack's barbecue . . . and in the best tradition of barbies (- a staple food source down hereunder - ) I have brought along my minion-renowned sprouts-ona-stick for the enjoyment of all!!

.... ....
.... ....
.... ....
. | ....... |........ |
. | ....... |........ |

There's a small pile of them wrapped in an old flag I found lying around . . but be quick! They've always proved extremely popular in the past!!! First come, best fed . . and all that!

O

PS . . . Please be careful with the pointy sticks when you've finished . . we don't want any accidents!!!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 12, 15 5:37 AM
Many Happy Returns of the Day Kara!!

Hope you've had a wonderful time!

Love & best wishes,
O

PS . . I have answers coming your way . . but it's bedtime here (downunder) . . So will send in the morning!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 29, 15 4:25 AM
Kayladog wrote:if you don`t like it, go play somewhere else

Unhelpful
Unmannerly
Unnecessary

Ratrabbit, I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion on the vulgar names . . I have seen those two you quoted and found them offensive too! I'm no prude, but I don't want to read those each time I look to add new neighbours!

With any luck, they were created by 12 year olds (that's the kind of thing they find amusing . . that and "ya mom!") and as such they will rapidly lose interest in the game and vanish back into Grand Auto or wherever!!

Thanks ratrabbit for bringing this to the mods' attention.

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 22, 15 3:56 PM
kimbgirlie wrote:And you are wrong about other free games and their new content. If you do not know the game or games with freee content you should not speak on them because you are wrong!

Now, what was it my mother used to say . .??
Oh yes . . .
"If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Whilst you are completely entitled to your opinion, that is precisely what it is . . . your opinion. You may not agree with what is said . . but that does not make it wrong.

As Theo said, we all feel frustrated at the way new input to the game has slowed down, at the glitches and errors etc., but it is completely unnecessary to be rude to someone who was merely trying to be supportive.

(PS . . I have played Candy Crush . . Completely different kettle of sprouts!! a) it's merely a puzzle game - no story line, neighbours, or interaction with other players . . and b) adding a new puzzle level bears no resemblance to adding new enigmas, land or chapters here. Alter the shape of the grid, move round the sweeties - done! Here, drawing a whole new HOS is completely new (you'd complain if they re-hashed old scenes just by moving the objects to different places . . . Oh wait, they did . . and look at the furore that caused!).

DM is special, which is why so many people care and have stuck with it . . not resigned, hopeful!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 22, 15 3:29 PM
Mmmmmm . . . Sprout risotto!! Yum!

My sprout cocktail will compliment that perfectly!!

And I brought along my sprout gateaux (an old family recipe) for those with a sweet tooth . .

< one sure way to get a tent of my own!!!! Tee-hee!!!!! )

(PS . . Jack? There's still a gasmask in Bone Dry last time I looked . . help yourself!!)

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 21, 15 4:09 AM

Oh I'm so sorry Kara!!

I posted as soon as I saw they were on sale . . and typed as quickly as I could!

But I agree with you . . to limit the numbers like that . . when half the world would be asleep and completely unaware . . Really not cricket!!

(But I'm glad that at least you got yours!)

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 21, 15 1:10 AM
owdjak_1933 wrote:

I've never tried crawfish pie, but l did once have a shrimp cocktail.
It made the taste fishy though

Jack

Hahahahaha!!!

Thanks Jack . . . that gave me the best laugh I've had all day!!

Give me a good old sprout cocktail any day!!
(I'm such a good minion!! )

Ellie

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 21, 15 1:02 AM
. . . but apparently a limited time offer at 10 gold!!!

(The catch is . . the timer countdown shows 600-odd hours . . . but the quantity available went down from 426 to 422 in the time it took me to buy one!!

So get them whilst they're hot!!!! . . . Although, IMHO, not really hot . . I've seen prettier warthogs!)

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 20, 15 9:32 PM
Plum_crazy wrote:
owdjak_1933 wrote:Hey Plum crazy,

(sings) "Jambalaya, crawfish pie, file gumbo"

I can't sing like The Carpenters though

Hope it stops you going mad

Jack

DOH!!!! Of course! I need to visit that Bayou more often
Thanks for saving my sanity

Hiya Plum!

May I join you in thanking Jack!!

I got the Carpenters . . even got the song! But couldn't remember the words!!!
(It was one of those "Jambalaya . . Tum-tum-ta, tiddle-um-tum . . . tum-ti-tum, tum-ti-tum . . Me-oh-my-oh" songs . . !!!)

And now I have it as an ear worm!!!

But thanks to Jack for putting me out of my misery - was driving me crackers!

O

(PS . . What's a crawfish anyway? Is it like a lobster?? )

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 20, 15 6:45 AM
Ok . . Here's the best I could come up with . . . . . and jolly good fun it was too!!

(A real test of a very poor memory! But good exercise for the little grey cells!!)

1. Jabberwocky

2. Chilly/Chilli/Chile

3. Paul Bearer's Funeral Home

4. “Bon-sai” (often misspelled as bonzai or banzai) is “planted in a container” in Japanese.

5. You can find the 6th largest country in the world on a frying pan in a scene I can't remember the name of . . and I live here! Australia!!

6. Vixen, Comet and Cupid are three of Santa's reindeer.

7. Bangor Maine claims to be the birthplace of Paul Bunyan

8. Stonehenge is the ancient monument in Wiltshire UK.

9. Honey bee? (Still not sure abt this one!)

10. Barometer/thermometer

11. Cotton Candy is known as Candy floss in UK

12. Box, Comb and Portugese man of War are jellyfish.

13. Flying broomsticks are used in the game of Quidditch.

14. Cuisses de Grenouilles are frogs' legs.

15. Piano - ("tickling the ivories" is playing the piano)

16. Sausages (although I've been known to have a banana for lunch before now!)

17. Jambalaya by the Carpenters?

18. The "Griffon" is the name of Robert Redford's yacht in Indecent Proposal

19. One can stick pins in a Voodoo Doll

20. Saturn is the sixth planet from the sun.

21. Vacuum

22. Golf clubs

23. Sleeping pill

24. Arm chair

25. Catfish

26. Mace is weapon or a spice.

27. Ostrich

28. Both Training Day & Shopping Trip of Horrors ask for a 'Cormoran' . . which is not a bird, however a Cormorant is (although the bird in Shopping trip is apparently a Frigate Bird anyway!!)

29. This place is a Zoo (it has seven!)

30. Crutch

Thankyou so much for doing this Abbie . .

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 16, 15 2:00 AM
Hi Abbie!

Just to say . . . outstanding job!!

(Would have said so before now, but I, too, couldn't get in to the forum!!)

Am up to Q9 now . . but the mention of sweet & sticky drove me to the fridge for chocolate ganache!! <easily distracted>

Well done you!!

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 14, 15 6:23 AM
I'm also getting a pop-up stating:

"Feel the lurve!
75% off Valentine's items"

With illustrations of the tree, the ubiquitous Garden of Lurve, the Pool of Pathos I think (the heart-shaped pool thing) . . and something else I can't remember now . . (CRAFT strikes again!!)

However, on checking the items, neither the garden nor the pool are reduced!

Oh yes . . I remember the other thing now! . . It's the heart box of chocolates in the Premium Gifts . . which remains at 8 gold!

Oh well . . I have my trees . . so am feeling a little "lurve"!!!!

O

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 9, 15 7:30 PM
The following is a quote from a post by Dhyaniland . . It may be of interest to you, and I sincerely hope she is right!!!!

<< ... no New Content since August.

It is my understanding that that is when the BFG/CHD acquisition negotiations started, so I get why there have been months of delays . . . everything has been in limbo.

The CHD Acquisition of BFG was completed the last week of December, if I recall correctly what I read in a Press Release.

A month ago a CHD Rep advised most games have a 2-year contract. My math says that means DM should be ongoing through June/July 2015. (If new contracts between CHD & the Game Developers were renegotiated/extended from Dec., then maybe longer)

Somewhere in the Forum I read there were going to be 22 (or 24?) Chapters.

If we have a new Chapter January through May or July, that would fulfill the 22 or 24 Chapter 'theory' and be right on schedule with a 2-year contract .....

Dhyani
. . >>

So, fingers crossed!
O

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator