Posts created by Drafe

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 30, 15 1:57 PM
I loved the new WoF, it made it exciting to try and find a wheel with several awesome items.. expensive eggs, the dreaded lotus, or something specifically needed for a quest... IMO it was an improvement and something I was looking forward to every day.

Now it's back to the same grind as before. What you see is what you "might" get.

It was a much needed thrill. Sad it's gone.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 29, 15 7:58 AM
Yes, the movement used to be in the shattering mirror animations inside the mirrors

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 27, 15 4:24 AM
I came to this thread for love advice... whoops I think I clicked on the wrong one

j/k

7:30 am here in NY and we have about 16" so far.

Cheers and stay warm everyone!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 25, 15 4:35 AM
Hi Jared, with the new Wheel of Fortune (the selections change every time you exit and enter) this will truly increase your chances of finding them on the wheel.

No, no way to get them through acheivements.

Alternatively, you could check the "eggs to gift" or "eggs to trade" threads. You'll absolutely find someone with extras who is willing to help you out.

Cheers

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 15 8:56 AM
I've read several very good ideas for using the "Gift for a Friend" which, we can all agree, is redundant in the game since I believe most people like to give and receive very specific items on their wish lists.

However, we did earn these items fair and square and it would be glorious to put them to use. I'm trying to remember all the suggestions, so feel free to add.

- use one gift box to increase gift-giving powers by one, i.e. send a gift to an additional friend, or send another gift to someone already gifted.

- use one gift box for an additional free spin on the Wheel of Fortune.

- use one gift box to re-open a HOS early.

- use one gift box that will gift an item needed for a current task for yourself

It's even OK if this is limited to one per day.

If the devs do make these "gifts for a friend" for a friend only, there is IMO only one way to make it more fair and fun, and that would be that the friend is guaranteed to get one of the items on their wish list from the box.

That would actually be great, because no matter the value of the item on your wish list, you would look forward to opening the boxes to find, say, an expensive egg or a crafted item. And people would be more likely to gift blindly without the fear of giving away something they might need in the future.

-

Regarding the alternate suggestions for the gift boxes, I think many of us agree a few more "perks" per day would be welcome. Perhaps add a "token" system to the HOS's somewhat like the tournaments, and be able to spend the tokens in various ways.

Cheers.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 15 6:40 AM
Rosie, that makes sense.

The expense of the higher levels seems also to be a way for those who built up coin/inventory to lose it very quickly once the update debuts. Unfortunately this makes it much, much worse for those of us who did not have months to stockpile.

BTW I meant to edit my previous post, not reply to it. I like to think I'm not that daft, but since I am addicted to MC, the jury is out on that one.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 15 5:56 AM
Drafe wrote:Having only concentrated on three areas - game table, crypt and armor - for the past three days to complete level 38, now finding myself needing to visit these areas another 6-12 times each at the start of level 39, I'm feeling the pain already.

Unfortunately, accomplishments seem to turn into punishments.

Any attempt at building inventory is completely obliterated by such tasks, which I presume is the design.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 15 5:07 AM
Having only concentrated on three areas - game table, crypt and armor - for the past three days to complete level 38, now finding myself needing to visit these areas another 6-12 times each at the start of level 39, I'm feeling the pain already.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 15 4:39 AM
Rough totals, beware of spoilers:

Coin: 503,952
Stamps: 767 total

I did not triple check my math, so these are approximate. Enough to get an idea.

Cheers

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 15 4:13 AM
Wow, this is really helpful.. thank you!

Has anyone done all the math? *gets out calculator*

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 15 4:11 AM
It's nice to see more options on the wheel, but this could be a serious coin-eater!

I'm sticking to my 300 coin budget daily, not counting free spins and stars... although it is very tempting to keep checking and spinning.

Cheers

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 20, 15 2:44 PM
You're welcome Cat! This is the fourth game I've had. The first, I had no clue what I was doing, the second is on my laptop (which really can't handle it) and the third is on my PC, but I lost my progress twice on that one and did not have the heart to repeat level 35 twice on that game.

But here I am knowing better and further ahead, my progress was much faster on this game and my inventory etc is much healthier, so I hope my little tricks help.

Cheers

PS spend a little money on the game to support the devs if you wish, by all means. I actually think that's a good idea and may do the same. But as stated, no need to spend the money with the intent of advancing quickly.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 20, 15 2:38 PM
I always do "pearls before swine" in the Battle Pit.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 20, 15 2:30 PM
cat222777 wrote:So far I have not done an in-game purchase, and the prices look pretty steep. That seems to mean it will take a very long time to proceed in this game. Mostly I keep finding I need 3 or 4 copies of one item that's in a HOS that regenerates after 60 minutes. I did not learn to purposely go slowly through the HOS scenes and getting low scores until I had about 8 maxed out, and the others get maxed eventually. Is that how it is for everyone: play a while and come back in an hour? Or do you pay to proceed?

I've never spent money on this game, and it's not necessary at all. I'm currently at level 38, 230,000 coins, 335 diamonds, tons of stamps and a decent inventory.

The way to proceed is to play, play, play. Don't waste your coins on the Wheel of Fortune (give yourself a limit - I only spend $300 a day Max on the wheel), and the same for the Dice Game (I only play when it's part of a quest).

Also regarding pets, it's great to have one of each food type to feed. IMO it is NOT worth spending tons of coin to madly craft pets. There will be time and funds for that much higher in the game.

Don't buy eggs. Post here for trade, or be patient, they will show up on the wheel.

Save your diamonds from early in the game, you'll appreciate them later.

And no matter how tempted you are, do not sell any inventory for coins.

There will always, always be multiples of items needed, requiring going back again and again. Might as well relax and enjoy and realize that you'll only have more of the same later!

Keep doing the rounds as much as possible and yes, always keep collecting flowers in mind.. they do add up!

Cheers

PS I've bought 28 games from BFG, so I don't feel any guilt about not spending real dollars for coins/diamonds. And IMO there are benefits to doing the rounds normally instead of spending money to advance more quickly... airship items, stamps etc. are essential to game play.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 15 7:54 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:Maxine..........when I am short on time I just do the castle........so far most of the stuff you need comes from there.

When short on time, I do the first 16 of the castle (up to the battle pit) and the Antique Shop. I also do whichever HOS areas are below Max.

But I do try to fit in at least one round in each of the all other areas daily.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 15 6:07 AM
jigs, I'll try first wiggle next to see if i get diamonds too

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 15 5:41 AM
this worked for me for coins!

will also try first and second wiggles and let you all know

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 17, 15 8:17 AM
When you are doing a round of HOS do you pause to collect all 3 morphing flowers before going to the next scene?

I always pause and collect whatever is visible. I only wait for all three if I have nothing better to do.

Do you play the new HOS scenes quickly or do you play them slowly so they don’t level up so soon?

First 16, I do pause a bit to delay maxing out the timer. Once I open the last 6 HOS in the Castle Area, I don't.

How many rounds of HOS do you usually complete a day?

At least one full one no matter what. Max is probably 4 when I have time. However, the first 16 I do as many times a day as possible!

Do you feed pets as soon as food is available or do you wait for a Daily Quest that requires feeding pets?

I always keep at least ten of each food. I feed only when I'll be left with ten. The ten is a cushion if I need it for DQ's

Do you ever use diamonds to bring the Airship back early so you can send it more often than every 4 hours?

Only very very early in the game when I need the coin more than I need the diamonds

Do you play the Game Table every 12 hours? Do you have any strategy for which character to play and when?

I only play when the DQ requires it OR if there is something I immediately need for a task. Otherwise, never

Do you have a limit that you will not go beyond when spinning the Fortune Wheel?

As a rule, I only spin three times daily not counting spin agains and stars. If there is something valuable or needed, three additional times max

When doing quests, do you read what the character says at the top of the quest before and after the quest? (I often forget to do this and lose parts of the story line.)

Neither really, I hardly pay attention to the story

Statistics:
What level are you on and how many tasks have you completed?

36, 1152

How much time have you spent playing?

9 days, 5 hours

How many flowers have you collected?

How many HOS completed?

How many achievements?

72/80

How many pets?

9 Crafted, 5 Eggs hanging out
(I don't believe in crafting the very costly eggs unless you have a ton of resources, like those waiting for months for an update. I suggest only crafting one of each food type until then, save the extra eggs however)

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 16, 15 9:30 AM
Miracle. I won three squirrel's eggs on the wheel late last night, using 6 spins.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 16, 15 6:06 AM
The ability to sort inventory items would be appreciated. By quantity, value, crafted items, airship items (as suggested above), and alphabetically.

A sort tool would also be appreciated in the wish list area. Very hard to locate items sometimes.

I suggested in another thread to turn the mystery gift boxes into tokens we can use to increase our gifting powers.

Spend a box to send to an additional friend, or spend a box to send another gift to someone already gifted that day.

This should be unlimited daily (until you run out and happily search for more).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator