Posts created by kdsmith5cs16

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 12, 17 4:53 PM
Yes! It's been driving me nuts.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 12, 17 7:09 AM
Comps keep crashing every time I try to play. It gives me a set of opponents, but when it's supposed to start, I just get the spinning wheel while it says "Area for exploration is loading". It started out happening every two or three times after I reloaded the game. Now it's every time. Please fix.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 7, 17 8:29 AM
thurber wrote:I'd play that sweets one before I'd ever play this again.

I was just thinking that! And I never thought I would hate anything more than that candy room. I'm just glad it's over.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 12, 17 1:22 PM
I'm returning from about a year hiatus and have found my neighborhood mostly vacated. A huge thank you to the people who stuck around and a big welcome to anyone interested in moving in. I'm level 248 and I really like helping dragon expeditions. My code is SayDRh

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 12, 16 8:28 AM
I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks, so my playing will be very intermittent leading up to that. And then I'll be out of the country until August 3rd. I hope to see everyone in my hood when I get back. Thanks and happy hunting.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 1, 16 8:42 AM
For anyone confused about the "zurna", it's an oboe. The room also refers to it as a flute, but it's an oboe. They're translations for instruments are never very good.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 30, 16 8:40 PM
Has anyone taken the reward for this and knows what the name of the trophy is? Just trying to figure out where the ones I'm missing are from.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 30, 16 5:57 PM
I completely agree with you and I was just about to complain about the same thing in the thread for the magic carpet offer. I gathered up 47 Vinci's Blueprints and I consider myself lucky to have a payoff of 31 Power Crystals. That's almost perfectly a 66% drop rate, which is about what I've been getting for the last several offers, so I think that it's programmed for two-thirds.

I've noticed that it's been really stingy for the first 4-8 feedings and then gets better from there (makes up for the initial stinginess to get up to the 66%). To combat that, I gathered up what I thought would be enough and then fed them all at once. Don't know if it helped, but it made me feel better.

The cookie cutter format is annoying to me because for a long time, the standard offer format was to require only 25 of the item from the creature instead of 35. Given the drop rate of Vinci's Blueprints (which is waaaaay too stingy), 25 would be doable but challenging. The only irritating part is the increase to 35.

If they switched the number of items back to 25, or increased the drop rate of the creature helpers, or increased the drop rate of the item from the creatures, I'd be perfectly fine with it. Any two of these problems doesn't bother me, but all three together makes the offer much more frustrating. Not impossible, but frustrating.

Edit: By the way, I don't expect this post to solve anything and I doubt the developers will change the format of the offers, nor will I stop playing them. But thank you to anyone reading this for allowing me to vent for a moment.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 30, 16 5:46 PM
bluekiwis wrote:Note from aventeux:

Bellows Manor and Paris:
- the 'Cooking Bag' dropped in night mode (after the 5th search in night mode) - I'll assume the quest was supposed to be 'search in night mode' and not 'search until' as I'm not the only one that found that object in night mode

Creature in Paris:
- I helped 39 'Roaming Eagle' to get 35 'Firewater' (with quest only).
- the creature often dropped 2 Firewater at a time

I found this very accurate. Particularly the part about the "Cooking Bag". That's exactly when I found it too. In addition, the game usually alternates between "search until" and "search in ___ mode", and that item is asked for at the point in the pattern that should be in a specific mode.

Regarding the Firewaters, I'm really happy with the drop rate for those. Took 37 tries but I got all 35 Firewaters without spending any crystals. The Clay Mask is pretty hard to find though- I had 15 saved up from last time this quest came around. Don't know how long it would have taken me to gather them up if I hadn't.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 30, 16 12:18 PM
I'm getting an error message saying "Unable to resolve the server's DNS address." Tried connecting via internet and BFG's game manager.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 30, 16 11:12 AM
CinFox wrote:I dont have "unique offer" either, and from what I see it is not worth the crystals for what you get. I just find it odd that some people are getting this and others are not. Scratches head.

The only thing that is popping up more than usual for me is the Myan Coin offer. Arghhh.

Agreed! I've never seen the "unique offer", but I've been getting that darn Mayan Coin every week- sometimes twice a week. Doesn't make any sense about either of them.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 27, 16 10:02 AM
Personally, if there's nothing on my wish list, it's because there's nothing I want and I'm totally okay if my neighbors don't gift me anything at that time. If they choose to gift me something at random, that's great too. But an empty wishlist is my way of saying that I have no expectation and I'm cool with anything or nothing. I wouldn't stress too much about neighbors that have no list- it's your game, play it the way you want to. Most players of game are so nice that they'll be happy with whatever you guess they want.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 18, 16 5:34 PM
My sincere apologies to all of my neighbors, but my internet has been randomly cutting out all day today and my laptop refuses to load the game past 30%. As such, I will not be able to gift today. Hopefully, it will be fixed and running again tomorrow.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 5, 16 8:14 PM
I'm just coming back from a long hiatus and most of my old neighbors are asleep or gone (no hard feelings). I'm really into the dragon expeditions, so I'll always help out with those if I'm online. If that sounds like someone you'd like in your hood, send me a request- SayDRh.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 25, 15 5:22 PM
I know there was a thread about Japan a while back, but it stopped a month or two ago. I tried reading it but I had trouble following it and I couldn't find the answer to what I'm looking for. I just finished the Death Wreath and now I suddenly have a Major task and a different set of tasks. Would someone who's gone through it sum up the basic direction that Japan takes from start to finish? I've waited for a long while to get to this point because I was annoyed at the horrible drop rate (10 times in a specific mode to get one item- are you kidding me?!). I'd like to know what I'm in for before I jump in on this.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 25, 15 1:39 PM
kira_2014 wrote:I have a question if anyone has done Lairiels voices from the More Offers list: is the food from your neighbours now coming through to help feed the nymphs and the sylphs, or is the glitch still there?
thank you!

I'm playing it right now. I wasn't willing to risk it, so I just fed them all myself. I chose to do this offer again because I saw a new trophy on my list that I was missing called "Princess Lairiel". I assumed they added it to this offer, but I'm going to find out in a few minutes when I finish the offer and take the chest.

Edit: Yes, the Princess Lairiel trophy is new and comes from this offer. I think that's why the offer says "New" and is first on the list, since they changed it to have the trophy now. So anyone who's finished this offer before should do it again if they want the trophy.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 22, 15 5:41 PM
I haven't tried any of these "more events" because I've played them all. My question is, if I play one, will the list refresh and replace it with a different offer? Because there are a few I'm missing and I'm willing to waste a few crystals on repeat offers if there's a chance a new one might pop up to take its place.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 18, 15 5:26 PM
Is anyone else finding that the trees and dryads are dropping this new item? I checked the list of things under the creature when you click to help it and it also has another new item but I haven't had that drop at all. After experimenting with about 100 trees, dryads, and unicorns, I got 3 of these Log Books. I looked it up on the wiki and it says it's part of an offer from last spring called "Phenomena Census". But I don't have that offer open. I've gotten quite confused by this point, so does anyone know what's happening and is it happening to anyone else?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 29, 15 10:41 AM
Please help my wild west dragon. I can guarantee it will finish. Thanks to all in advance!

Edit: Thank you all for your very speedy help!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 27, 15 8:21 PM
I agree that it seems the same offers keep getting recycled very frequently. I miss the side offers that were around when I first started the game last year. I couldn't do a lot of them then because they required so many searches, but now that I'm higher level I find myself really wishing for an offer like that again. I missed all the side quests that came out between March and July last year and it would be really nice to see them come around again. Even the later ones (botanist, paris walks, fruit basket) would be a nice change of pace.

I'm all for recycling the regular offers for new players to try, but having the same offer come around for the third time this year (when it's still only August) is a bit much. There have been a few lately that have had such a fast return that I've thought "didn't we JUST get this offer?" That's not a feeling the developers should be trying to foster.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator