Posts created by FrankieKY

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 18, 15 7:22 PM
I was playing during the old bow figure and it was so difficult and traumatic that even now, when I am sent there I still have a pit in my stomach for just a second!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 19, 15 3:09 PM
Hi Idy,

Not sure about the manipulator, but there is a HOS called Mosaic Panel. It is I've the Forbidden Tower in the Castle.

Hope this helps,
Frankie

ETA: The Manipulator is in the Craftsman District in Cloud City.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 19, 15 2:01 PM
Yes, it's great that you're back NeenaL!!! You are a positive person and have been a great MC friend. Put what you need on your wish list so your friends can help.

I too will always be in the zeronaires club. I was fortunate enough to be able to create a cushion of 500K coins by making and selling steam mechanisms when I was on level 46 (?) until they increased the coins needed from 1 to 1900!! Most of that was wiped out during the next few levels AND I went from over 50 unique stamps to 11 before I realized it. So now I'm back to just doing the rounds until I can build up a reserve of unique coins. I do agree that the game punishes you by not giving you what you are low on. I've only received ONE unique stamp after a week of 50+ HOSs per day. At least my pets occaisionly bring me a unique stamp.

Frankie

ETA fixed typo

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 15 6:36 PM
NeenaL60 wrote:I play iOS-iPAD and I cannot see the new spring and Easter items either.....I am hoping the "content" for iOS is not available yet, or my game has real problems! No updates to be found....am I Missing something? One way or another, I sure am!

Hi Neena, No problem with your game, those of us on iOS and android don't have the Easter update. Who knows when that will be.... May? and then by the time we get it, our PC friends will be sick of the Easter items. Oh well, such is life in the castle.

Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 15 7:32 PM
I too fully support this thread asking for the glitches to be fixed. I spent three weeks during Christmas NOT playing because I suddenly had the profile of someone else at level 6. My game was eventually restored. I missed out on most of the Christmas goodies, but not one message from BFG much less some sort of compensation.

Now I know this is a FTP game, but in all the many horrible problems, missing inventory and lost progress that many players have had, NOT ONCE have I heard that BFG gave any compensation. How about 100 diamonds? Or 50,000 coins?? Why so stingy? Why so indifferent?

The bottom line is that BFG doesn't seem to care about providing good customer service. They release a product that has glitches and when their product malfunctions, the customer is on his/her own. Unbelievable!

Please BFG, make fixing the glitches a top priority, take pride in your product and care about your customers.

Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 9, 15 8:12 PM
Hi M65rn and welcome to the forum.

Oh no. This same thing happened to several of us before Christmas. It took about ten days, but they were able to restore my game. Please post in the technical issues thread for iOS. If others are having this problem, you'll see their posts there. Also the mods will tell you what to do.

Best of luck,
Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 24, 15 10:57 AM
MudDogs wrote:i've made it to level 47 but can't get past the challenge to unlock the crossed swords. It is looking for 20000 of something - but what I have no idea! It's maddening! Plus, I clearly don't possess the mysterious 20000 whatevers to pay for it. It's making me very sad
Any clues or words of wisdom would be appreciated!

And also to robB1

Good news!! You're at a great spot to make lots of gold.

Someone posted (can't remember who) a while back that they kept making and selling the Steam Mechanism which is part of a quest about 2/3 of the way through level 47. I too have always been low on coins and it was v e r y s l o w going. So when I got to the quest for the Steam Mechanism, I stopped and kept making it and selling it and making rounds over and over. After a couple of weeks I have over 300,000 coins. I plan to stay here until I have at least 500,000.

The great thing about the Steam Mechanism is it costs only one coin and I can make it in little over an hour if I buy one of the 3 Shields of Order. It also takes two Banners of Loyality and two Rune Stones, one blue ticket and one Pendant of Tears. So I'm basically getting an extra 2,000 coins every couple of rounds.

Good luck,
Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 19, 15 2:23 PM
Thanks very much Fudge! I thought so, but wanted to make sure. I keep lady Sabelle's tip guide booked marked so I can plan ahead on a quest and decide if it's worth doing.
Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 19, 15 12:16 PM
This may be a really dumb question, but I've been wondering about this for a while. As has been cautioned many times, "don't waste inventory on the daily quests" - but how is the inventory wasted (lost)?

If I'm asked to go twice to the raven stone, for example, and I get a Nocturnal Blood and a Sphere of Night, they go into my inventory. Or at least I think they do. I've counted before and they seem to go into my inventory. So how am I wasting inventory? At some point I'll probably need those items or I can always sell them.

Thanks,
Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 9, 15 9:34 PM
I did not play. It was a nice break.
Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 6, 15 9:36 AM
After reading all the passionate posts both supporting and opposing a boycott this weekend, it occurred that both groups are in complete agreement about the following:

1. We LOVE this game.
2. We want this game to continue and not be abandoned by BFG
3. There are things that can be improved

Now here is the sticky part. Some believe that too many complaints will lead to the game being abandoned (because players will quit, new players won't start playing). Others believe that without improvements the game will be abandoned (because players will quit, new players won't stay).

Here again both groups are also in complete agreement. What we don't agree on is HOW to accomplish goal number 2.

The more money BFG makes on this game, the more they will invest (programmers, artists, etc). If they see a significant drop in income and playing this weekend, they will notice. If on Monday they see a big jump in income and playing time, they will notice. The message is: we love this game, we support this game and BFG, AND please address our concerns.

I will be boycotting this weekend and I'll be supporting this game on Monday.

Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 22, 14 7:13 AM
I just got my profile back and I can now start gifting again! Thanks to all my generous friends who kept giving during these very long 12 days of being locked out of the castle.

I now need to get busy and catch up on the Christmas items while I can.

Happy holidays to all!

Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 22, 14 7:08 AM
Last night I restarted the iPad and noticed an update dated 12/20 so installed it. I then opened MC from the update screen and. . . . . MY profile was back!!!!

Everything was as it was a week ago, lots of gifts from friends waiting, and all the inventory was there.

Hope all the rest affected by the multiple device glitch will get their games back too!

Good luck,
Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 19, 14 5:29 AM
RenaSmiley, Welcome to the forum.

The update yesterday was to protect against the multiple device glitch. If you didn't update, then it too has hit you. Quite a few of us have been affected. The mods say our games will be restored, but it will take some time. We don't know how long (they probably don't know either) but the devs are working on restoring our games.

You can read back through this thread to see what has been said. As for your id number, have you ever posted it when requesting friends? If so, then look back at your posts and you should find it. Also if you know any of your friends, you can PM them and they will be able to find your id number since you still exist.

Good luck,
Frankie

Edited to add: IF your game WAS updated yesterday (don't know if the update was mandatory or not) and this multiple device glitch still happened to you after the update, then you should report it directly to customer service so they will know the update didn't protect you. Again, my sympathies, it's really frustrating being locked out of the game as all the new Christmas stuff is available.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 18, 14 9:13 PM
This question is for a mod,
How will we know when our identity is restored? Will there be a new thread? Will we get an email? Or do we have to open the game everyday just to check?

It would be nice to know what to expect.

Thanks, Frankie.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 18, 14 9:02 PM
Hi SabreSarabia and phattiemelt and welcome to the forum.

There is a thread - 28 pages long - for people looking for iOS friends. Here is the link: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/540/275474.page

Go to the last page and post there. That is where the active players are. It's good to have about 20 - 40 friends at all levels as the game demands different items at different levels and what one player needs another May have plenty.

Good luck,
Frankie

Edited to add: only iOS players can friend other iOS players, same with windows and android. The iOS players have an have an i before their id, android has an a. Windows is the number only, no letter.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 17, 14 8:59 PM
It also happens when you are really tired ... and you start to doze off .... as you are on a quest where the item is not available .... so the option is to purchase it for lots of diamonds .... which of course you'd never do ... however as your eyes close, your hand drops on the iPad and you OMG!!!! BUY the item and all your diamonds are ... gone ... Now you are wide awake and furious!

How do I know this?? Too many late nights in the castle.

Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 15, 14 8:32 PM
eastendteddy wrote:Not just an iOS problem sorry to say Frankie I am on PC and the exact same thing happened to me at level 45 .lost the whole thing was so mad I almost broke my monitor.
I e-mailed BF directly and was helped out got about 95 % back so I was happy not 100% but happy to get some back.
Randy

Oh sorry for the confusion. I was talking about getting the "you are playing on multiple devices" message and then "your progress will be updated" which means losing your profile (actually it getting changed to Diane) and suddenly being on level 6 or 9. It was my understanding that that problem was an iOS one. The devs are creating an update that is supposed to restore all of us to our correct profiles. Who know when the update will be released and they said our profiles will be restored some time AFTER we've installed the update. So in the meantime, we can't play at all.

I think the loss of progress, coins, inventory, etc is a huge problem that seems to keep happening. BFG needs to prevent this or if they can't, then they need to compensate those players affected.

I hope the multiple device glitch won't happen to the PC or android players - it's really no fun to be locked out when finally there was something new to do

Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 15, 14 2:57 PM
Hi Eileenca and welcome to the forum. The problem you have is an iOS (not PC) issue. This has happened to quite a few people playing on iOS. Check out the iOS technical issues thread for specific information. We each received a message that our profile has progressed on another device and will be merged.

In my case, I was on level 45 and playing as Frankie. Now I'm on level 6 and my profile is Diane. I have no friends, no inventory (had over 24 pages) and no coins.

The moderator said the developers are creating an update to restore our games and we should keep an eye out for the update.

There are a couple of locked threads that mention this problem. Make sure you post in the iOS technical issues thread (this is the PC technical issues thread) and also send a direct email to customer support.

Good luck,
Frankie

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 14, 14 11:45 AM
Hi Wshoe and welcome to the forum. This has happened to quite a few people yesterday. Check out the iOS technical issues thread. We each received a message that our profile has progressed on another device and will be merged.

In my case, I was on level 45 and playing as Frankie. Now I'm on level 6 and my profile is Diane. I have no friends, no inventory (had over 24 pages) and no coins.

The moderator said the developers are creating an update to restore our games and we should keep an eye out for the update.

There are a couple of locked threads that mention this problem. Make sure you post in the iOS technical issues thread (this is the PC technical issues thread) and also send a direct email to customer support.

Good luck,
Frankie

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator