Posts created by MidnightMoss

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 20, 14 11:53 AM
Thanks for the list Temp.

I must add that n°3 hasn't got great graphics! Have not played it much, and it seems they're asking for lots of things all the time.

I prefered DM original graphics!! And the items you place are far more numerous, yet they are mere drawings that you place on a drawing, but I guess a lot of people will enjoy it.

I discovered that the other day, but I don't know if I'm going to stick to it!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 19, 14 5:47 AM
klfrr wrote: If you start a new manor, you'll find the devs have eliminated ALL the dialogue and character background from the first chapter[...]The catty banter between that gave them character are all gone.. *More sighs*

Well, DM is then truly over, personally, I keep on decorating because that's what I enjoy most in this game, but really, after I'm done with that, what will be left, well, curiosity as to where all this leads to?

One thing though, is this community, and the real help and fun experienced here, reading mostly, even if I wasn't much a contributor...

PS: klfrr thanks so much for your dialogue thread, I regularly consult(ed)

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 17, 14 2:32 PM
Wow toomuchsht, hollidaying too!!!

Huge, big question: will you be able, during a cruise, NOT to go down the kitchens and shut the cook, and do all the cooking yourself???!!!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 17, 14 12:19 PM
Be careful with the sun Lambchop, not that good you know?!

Have a super extra great holiday!!!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 14, 14 11:51 AM
You're right G4il:

MANOR OF THE SEASON

Hey folks,

You might have already noticed, but we're running a Halloween Manor contest this month, in lieu of a Manor of the Week. In order to compete, you must create a Halloween Maze in your Manor and post a picture of it *AS A COMMENT TO THIS POST*.

Prizes - A cool 1000 (yes, 1000!) Gold, and your Manor will be featured in game
Deadline - Thursday October 30th, 10am Seattle time. Or click this link to see a countdown timer:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20141030T10&p0=234&msg=Halloween+Manor+Contest&swk=1

The winner will be announced on Friday, October 31 (i.e. Halloween)

Good luck to all the contestants! We look forward to getting lost in your spooky entries

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 11, 14 10:32 PM
temp_89120 wrote:I had to disable two browser add-ons, ScriptSafe and Privacy Badger, before the rating area under 'Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery Exclusive' showed up and the reviews at the bottom of the page.

I did not want to do that so I used the other browser, and submitted my review, it'll take 48 to 72 hours to get an OK...

Here's what I wrote, hope the language is not to bad:

"Dark Manor had it all: a brilliant hidden object game with a building twist that made it far above its FTP peers...
You have to play the HO part to earn money, then use the money to buy land and things to decorate it, which allow you to open new chapters and HO scenes. There isn't much of a story, but it is endearing enough, and witty.
What keeps me playing is the building part (that's annoying for a "Hidden Object Mystery"), the HOs have suffered a dreadful metamorphosis: the developing team has never explained why, but every HO scene has been totally revamped and they are now an ugly mess, the highest chapters are safe now, for how long?"

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 11, 14 9:55 PM
frothnbubble wrote:Is there a problem with iPad users being able to access the BFG Review site?

If so, does anyone have a fix?

froth

I cannot read nor write a comment on this page although I'm on PC, my browser won't allow it...

I'll have to use another browser, log in and then write a review, I hope it is safe!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 11, 14 1:07 AM
Well, erm, ...: " Yipee!!? "

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 8, 14 8:28 AM
Theorem wrote:Tricky question MidnightMoss.

But my machines have always been quite stingy (when compared to what I could read here).

Thanks Theo ))
This actually reassures me as I always felt my machines did not quite behave either as what I read...for now it's been 4 + 5... I never stay that long in the garden, unless I'm decorating, and then I forget the ??? altogether...
I did in the beginning and I can't remember how much they spat...not that much I guess!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 8, 14 8:21 AM
Maybe, just maybe, DM being a long slow game, they decided they would change somehow the artistic direction once a year or so, hoping to keep players satisfied; if that is the case we'll have to wait for a whole year to see new designs for the scenes...

The worst thing is, this is the most "positive" thing I could come up with...

Honestly, new art direction or not, new rules etc would it have been so hard on them to create new objects and flowers? Really creating, not recycling?
I don't mind the Premium objects to be sold in the shop, as long as we can have NEW items with them...regularly, NOT given to us that sparingly!!!

I've not been playing the "quests" for the miserable 100 coins for a while now, because they're not worth it: I do not mind the difficulty, nor the extra playing to fill a vial but the reward should be in gold, never in silver (especially when the amount is ridiculous, even 6000 or 20000 is ridiculous-except in the beginning maybe), the reward should always be worth the pain.

Many players abandoned, either quickly or after a couple of months other FTP games because the simple "bring me" tasks were very boring and slower to complete...for some meagre reward... why bring here what did not work elsewhere?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 8, 14 7:56 AM
Only 4 gold bars today... and I must have collected 12 times since I began late this morning...
I'm curious about you guys,how many times do you collect from your ??? machines when you get 10 to 15 bars???
I'm never staying in front of the game during 1 whole hour without doing my usual busy thing at my desk, or surfing or something... so I really can't know exactly how long I've been collecting from ??? machines.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 7, 14 1:10 PM
I'm afraid I feel very stupid indeed to have started a new manor during the last SH, for now it seems HOs are not the only thing being revamped...the whole game is!!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 7, 14 1:05 PM
When I levelled up to level 38, the window said "collect 38 gold", which was never added...

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 7, 14 11:38 AM
New revamped scenes...

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 2, 14 5:02 AM
Hi upthkazo2, you cannot get juju points when you play HOs!

HOs only give you silver (on your screen: top right) and experience (the green bar under your manor name).
???machines + decorating your grounds + walkers give you juju (the black top hat on top left of your screen)

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 1, 14 10:23 PM
Hi karatopa, second one popped in 10 days after 1st one & bought in a jiffy!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 1, 14 2:59 PM
Well then, I'll make a list of what I think the next update should bring when getting to sleep....it is a long list, I'll go to sleep very easily...

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 1, 14 2:48 PM
temp_89120 wrote:
Grim Reaper? Carries a scythe and is cloaked in Day and bones at Night?

Oh yes that is the one! Oh I thought it was some Halloween special! How sad...

Is this a thread where we can dream too, dig up some old ideas we submitted in the suggestions thread (if I'm not too lazy)... although everyone's right, these flowers & sculptures & paths & trees I would love to see won't happen now... seasonal treats it will be...or tricking?!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 1, 14 1:38 PM
To be done with the NB question in this thread, I do hope it will be fixed, I seem to recall moosetracker alluding several times to some answer CS had given her...

About the seasonal items, I can't wait to see them coming around, not that I'm really sure I would use them, I never ever celebrated Halloween, nor care that much, but I enjoy witnessing it, and I'm looking forward to visiting those of my neighbours that will do something special at their manors...

I wonder about that "death" walker I've seen at many of my neighbours'... I'd certainly love to see that one walking around my places!

Apart from the bugs fixing,I do think each update should bring several new items. I wonder how long it takes to create one... Somebody somewhere said they might be a very small team working on DM; but I had a look at "info" then "credits" in the options section of my game: it seems that a reasonable number of people are working on this game!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 1, 14 4:32 AM
Oh! I'll be watching closely moosetracker !
And I'm afraid you're right about the ??? machines, and unfortunately probably about NB too!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator