Posts created by JCHolcomb

posted in Babylonia on Oct 15, 17 11:52 AM
I've been enjoying Babylonia very much, but recently, it crashed twice with an "exception" error while playing it, and a few minutes ago, I had the Windows 10 equivalent of a BSOD. This has not happened with any other game or application in the three years I've had this computer. This is a home built PC, Core i7 4790K processor, Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX760 video card with 2GB RAM. Any ideas, anyone? I'm afraid to run the game again in case it crashes the system again.

UPDATE: OK, I think I fixed this problem by running the game directly, with a shortcut to the babylonia.exe file instead of using the Big Fish game launcher, and also setting the compatibility mode to "Vista, Service Pack 2." No crashes or errors for almost a week now.

posted in Surface: Lost Tales Collector's Edition on Jul 6, 16 4:09 PM
I too was having the problem with not being able to place the glowing stones. Quitting and restarting the game fixed the issue and I was able to proceed.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 2, 16 12:19 PM
When playing level 55 in Barcelona, on the 3rd time through, it is possible to get stuck in a loop where the gummies continuously flow out of the blue circle at the top right through the yellow circle at the lower right. the only way out of it is to hit the Escape key and lose a life. This has happened two out of the three times I have tried to complete the level at this difficulty level. I have a video clip, captured with Snagit, of it looping, but don't see anywhere to upload it here.

posted in Gummy Drop! on May 5, 16 12:29 PM
Many thanks for the work-around. I was stuck on this level for some time too. I guess the cheapest way to get the beads to put towards the reward on this level is to buy 12 shovels, as that only costs 200 coins, instead of 450 to buy a set of three waterfalls. Fortunately, I had over 2000 coins built up, so I didn't have to spend any real money. As to why this hasn't been fixed in almost a year since the issue was first reported, the cynical side of me thinks this can be a real money maker for Big Fish, if some people keep spending real cash to buy boosts and lives to try to beat an unbeatable level. Of course, it's also possible the game developers actually intended the level to be this challenging, expecting that players would recognize that the only way to beat it was with a Gummy Drop or using some well chosen boosts. I've still enjoyed the game, and most of the others I've played with Big Fish.

posted in Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon on Aug 26, 14 12:37 PM
yelwbkrd35 wrote:This question isnt about crashes or freezes. The game will shut off go back to bfg app where I have to start the game over again. going thru preliminary original choices as before. The game will then resume back to the level again.. this is happening every 15-20 of play time. starting to be tirering. otherwise game play is fine. gees havent a clue with this one. tanx for yr help

I see this problem was first reported here back in March. I just installed the game, and am having the same problem. I play the game for 5-7 minutes, and it just quits and dumps me back to the desktop or the BFG app, wherever I had started it from. I don't see any crash events in the system event logs, and the game will start right back up without any problems. I tried ALL of the trouble shooting tips that were suggested, but no help. Actually, the game wouldn't start at all when I tried to run it in XP compatibility mode.

I do have the game installed on a different drive than the default C: drive. I can try reinstalling it there if you think that would help.

I have a home-built PC, running Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1. Hardware includes an i7-4790K CPU, Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card, 16GB RAM, sound card integrated on the Gigabyte Gaming7 motherboard. All drivers are up to date. No issues with any other game I've installed on it so far.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator