Posts created by SolarEclipse

posted in Delicious: Emily's Moms vs Dads Collector's Edition on Feb 19, 18 12:51 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hello Everyone,

We've very sorry that our players have continued to run into issues opening up the game. I wanted to quickly provide some information about the error message that's been reported. OpenGL is something that some games require in order to work properly. Depending on how the game is designed, a particular version of OpenGL may be required for the game. Some computers may not have video cards that can use the needed version of OpenGL, leading to the reported error message showing up. We've let the appropriate teams know about what our players are seeing, and we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we have more information about this subject. Thank you for your patience.

Since waiting can certainly be frustrating for our players, we understand if players would rather get a different game or request a refund instead. This can be done by contacting our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>. Our Moderators are always happy to answer any questions we can, so feel free to PM one of us with any concerns. Thank you, everyone, for your continued patience and understanding.

bfgArinelle

All of this may be true, but the problem is neither this website nor the developer's website list what version of OpenGL you're required to have in order to run this game properly. It's not listed in the system requirements.

In addition, I went back to my e-mails with the developer's customer support. And on December 28, 2017, I was told that I needed at least OpenGL version 2.1 and that I needed to download specific software to determine my version. So, I did and I have OpenGL Version 4.1 and the game would still only run in Windowed mode and would crash and freeze in full screen mode.

I gave the developers my full specs back on January 7, 2018 and they said, "According to these details, your computer is completely capable of running this game" ... but your computer is old.

OpenGL might be the problem... but it's not listed in the System Requirements so that players can see if their computer is compatible.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Moms vs Dads Collector's Edition on Feb 15, 18 1:36 PM
GGrannyG wrote:I bought this game and was so happy that it played like the original Delicious Emily's. It did have the missing child on one level, but played ok on that level. Then when I got to level nine it started having major problems. It crashed multiple times. I removed it and reinstalled it a couple of times and reinstalled drivers on my computer. Finally got it to play level nine. Then I started the challenge level between level nine and ten. It stated crashing again. Even with reinstalling it would not play through that level without crashing again. I tried to reinstall again and now it will not even reinstall. Unless you can fix the issues and tell me how to get the game to play properly I too want a refund.

Sadly, I also specifically reported to (# #) that it crashed on Level 9. I went back to my e-mails with customer support from December 22, 2017 and that was in the header of the e-mail. The only way I was able to get past that point was in Windowed mode. I kept going back and forth with their customer support until January 11, 2018. I just gave up. I ended up just uninstalling the game. I quit at the 4th location. But like I said, they ended up giving me a refund.

I'm just sorry to hear that others are having the same problem that I did. But I definitely did report these issues to (# #) back in December.

Side Note: I told (# #) that I didn't have this problem when I played the "Love Boat" or any of their other games like this. But I have a lot of games on my computer and I think this is the first time I've run into the game crashing in full screen mode, but not in Windowed mode.

...I don't know what the problem is. And at the time, (# #) didn't seem to know either.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Moms vs Dads Collector's Edition on Feb 14, 18 10:25 PM
lali559 wrote:I have Windows 10. The game keeps crashing in full screen mode but it doesn't crash in windowed mode.

This is true. I reported this exact same error to (# #) back in December of 2017 when it was released on their website. I have Windows 7 and I had the exact same problem. I went back and forth with customer service for weeks as they tried to blame it on my comptuer and my version of Open GL. But when I gave them all of my specs for my computer, they said it should work.

(# #) has known about this error for 2 months, now. As I have the e-mails with their customer support to back it up. They just ended up giving me a refund.

But I had the same problem. It kept crashing in full screen, but I was able to play it in Windowed mode. 2-month-old problem, unfortunately.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 7 on Jan 8, 17 5:21 PM
Hello!

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and I'm having a problem using the "System Cursor." I cut off the Custom Cursor in the option's Menu and there is just that blue circle spinning around. The one that you see in Windows when something is loading. So, no System Cursor. Just the loading blue circle. Albeit, you can still click on things with it.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Blooming Garden on Sep 18, 16 12:53 PM
Sadly, I'm having a problem and the game doesn't start for me either. I'm getting the following error:

Custom ([file_write,stderr])

Windows 7 64-bit

posted in Weather Lord: Legendary Hero! Collector's Edition on Jun 17, 16 9:03 PM
I just finished that level and couldn't find it either. So, I just started clicking around and came across it in the UPPER LEFT CORNER. But I never actually saw the piece, just the notification that I got it. But that's the general area where I was clicking. I don't have a widescreen monitor, so maybe it got cut off on my screen. I'm not sure. But that's where I ended up finding it.

I'll update and say that I'm on Chapter 3. I think this is one of their more challenging games. And someone said that you can't click off the dialogs if you accidentally click on the characters again, but I was able to. I just clicked on the dialog bubble and it stopped. I like the graphics. But overall, this is bit of a different game for them. You can use the map to travel to major locations. I can't really tell about the length as in hours. I think it just depends on how good you are at remembering where things are.

To answer someone's question. Yes, I was able to trap to fairy. But I had to use the strategy guide for the first puzzle on the door when trying to get the elements in the right place.

I haven't had any problems with the fragments.

Haven't played like but for one minute. But to add:

Main Game - 11 Chapters + Prologue
(Pages 1-45)

Bonus Game - 3 Chapters + Prologue
(Pages 46-61)

Enchanted Objects - 20
(Listed on Page 62 of Strategy Guide)

Bonus Content:
Puzzles
Wallpapers
Movie Gallery
Music
Concept Art
Character Profiles

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 12, 12 7:00 AM
I didn't have a problem with the inventory. But I had a problem with the System Cursor. I couldn't change items in the options menu. And when I went into the game, it was difficult to access the Menu option in the upper left corner. And when I was able to click on it, it would automatically then change to windowed mode and then the cursor would work.

But I didn't have too many problems with the Custom Cursor. That one seems to work. Except for when it gets to the top of the screen where the black bars are you can see both the System Cursor and the Custom Cursor.

Windows 7 64-bit

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 12 11:20 AM
WARNING:

There is a Pentagram in the game in the book of spells during a cutscene that talks about the Rat King.

I'm offended!!! This is supposed to be a Christmas game!!! This is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

This in an F!!!

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 10:49 PM
BossBrat wrote:I agree that BF releasing the game during a sale and not including it just stinks. Game Club members are, after all, the ones BF can depend on buying games day after day and we are rewarded by being excluded from a sale simply because this game is exclusive to club members! Well, BIG WHOOP! WE SHOULD BE THE ONES BF wants to give the discounts to, not just people who buy a game once in a while!

This happened a short while back and some people paid full price for a game and then it went on sale the next day(?). Again, non-members get the sale - we get the shaft.

I will not purchase this game until it's offered as a discount, or, I'll simply wait and get the SE version and use a free game code to get it! BF should really stop and think a moment and realize they should be as loyal to us as we are to them.

Smart choice because there's a Pentagram in the game. I'm tired of being conned into buying D***l worshiping games. I'm tired of developers sneaking in 6*6. I've had enough!!! I WILL get my money back!!!

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 10:02 PM
Just my opinion, this was done intentionally as it usually is. They never planned on giving a discount on this game. It's the same scam they always run. But it is False Advertisement to say ALL and then this is not included because it is an Ala**r game. It's an absolute disgrace that they would pull this kind of stunt, but it's business as usual for them. I'm going to buy it. But I stopped drinking the phony BFG Kool-Aid a long time ago.

Side note: The developer's name got censored in my post (I had to correct it) despite the fact it's headlining the sale on their games. BFG is laughable. I don't trust them and I think they're dishonest. But like I said, I will still buy the game because I want to play it.

Strategy Guide:

Chapter 1 - 29 Pages
Chapter 2 - 11 Pages
Chapter 3 - 9 Pages
Chapter 4 - 12 Pages
Chapter 5 - 10 Pages
Chapter 6 - 9 Pages

Bonus Chapter - 18 Pages

I've played the first two games, and based on the strategy guide for this one and looking back at the walkthroughs for the previous two... this one does sidestep the bright atmospheric quality that the first two had. I bought the game and played the bit of the demo, but looking through the strategy guide a few times it reminds me more of "Dire Grove." If you were judging purely on the strategy guide, then it's a departure from the last two. This might have been a huge risk for them with this particular series.

And it's tough because I just finished playing "Botanica" which I really liked. And I played "Awakening: The Skyward Castle" this year, also. Immediately, it's hard for me to say whether this is going to be the best version of the "Dana Knightstone" series or the worst.

I was apprehensive about "Dire Grove" in the beginning, too. But I ended up really liking it. But just judging by the strategy guide, it's hard for me to tell where I'm going to end up on this one.

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 25, 12 4:38 AM
LoisMac wrote:The game ran fine for me for several days but today I'm getting the debug report notice too. There's no changing profiles because the game won't run at all.

Same for me. Mine was running fine also until I got the debug notice. So there's no other solution but deleting the profile and starting over?

I bought it because I had saved 2 credits for it. But for me, it's no "Rise of the Snow Queen." I think that's been their best game so far. I haven't really cared for the direction their others have gone in after that one. I didn't buy "Briar Rose" either.

This game is okay for me like the "Dark Piper," but based on the full strategy guide and playing a few minutes I could have passed on it. I uninstalled it and will play it later when I'm completely bored and desperate. I guess I'm just living in the past because I miss the originality of something like "Enlightenus."

Others will enjoy it though. It's another dark game and I'm kind of bored with that. I know the series is called "Dark Parables," but at least "Rise of the Snow Queen" rose above that bland and literal interpretation.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 12 9:49 AM
Are there any Occult symbols such as Pentacles/Pentagrams? Thanks for the help.

posted in Dream Builder: Amusement Park on Aug 21, 12 5:49 PM
Well, I went and hibernated in the bathroom for 2 hours and let the game run and I had 22 hearts when I came out. So I was able to buy the Giraffe Statue, but I still can't complete anymore challenges because now I only have 7 hearts. I can't do any marketing.

There has to be a better way than this.

UPDATE: I found a quick "cheat," but I'm tired of having to do this. ......Anyways!!!

For Windows 7 64-bit:

1. On the C drive go to the file Program Data

2. Open the Fugazo folder.

3. Open the folder Dream Builder - Amusement Park.

4. Copy the file called profiles and paste to My Documents (as a backup).

5. Once you're in My Documents, copy the file that you just pasted so that you have another file called profiles - copy.

6. Right click on the file profiles - copy and open it with Notepad.

7. Scroll down to the section that says <level name="forest"
(it's after the section with long straight lines)

8. Look for hearts="number" and change the number of hearts. I changed mine to 100. (it's right in that very top section)

9. Go to File and then Save As.

10. Then Copy and Paste it back into the Dream Builder - Amusement Park folder.

11. Rename the profiles - copy file back to profiles and then restart the game.

****(This worked for me. But I'm hoping that there's a better way next time.)****

posted in Dream Builder: Amusement Park on Aug 21, 12 3:59 PM
Same here. I'm stuck at 13 hearts!!! All of my buildings have the highest appeal except for one.

I didn't see an option to restart this section. Is there one?

posted in Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition on Jul 25, 12 9:05 PM
It adds another 30 pages onto the strategy guide...making it 105 Pages.

posted in A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade on Jul 10, 12 11:13 AM
I'll chime in, also. I would have bought this game too had it not been for the timer. I'm particularly disappointed that you have to replay the level after the timer runs out. I like playing games for fun. It's sad that most of these developers just don't care. But they're stupid for that. People complain about this ALL the time.

Another arrogant and useless developer that won't get my money.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator