Posts created by jEMSW

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 8:18 AM
Until you return, You'll be greatly missed.

I have printed out much of the information you have posted & found the info invaluable.

Gold Every Time (for me)
[b]I only have a few tidbits of Pet info.
The Winter Cat - Gold every time
Tell: When his right, our left, ear points straight up.

* Jester, Chimney Sweep, Baby Boy, & Baby Girl Bunny -
Tavern
* Star Gazer - Dark Tower gates
* Gold Pony - Rears up - Castle Entry

Hope to see you on Delphi - if I can find you, (or anything else - haven't been there much, not looking forward to learning how to navigate the new site).
Until then I wish you well, & good health
Janet

*edit - spelling

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 18 3:41 PM
Hi

Sorry to hear you have sacroiliac joint dysfunction. Sounds very uncomfortable / painful. Hope the doctors can help with the pain management.

You were inactive for so long, I ended up deleting you after searching for a post saying your computer died, or you were unwell.

My name on Delphi is Jemsw1

Take care, & get better soon

Janet

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 11:08 AM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:
drkgordon wrote:Soooo...I've always wanted to change my name on here but couldn't. So if I join Delphi with a new name, how will people know that it's me?

Once you get signed up, you can go into your profile and put your old name in as a nickname. This way when you post we'll see you with your new name but recognize you from your nickname (old name). So, sign up, add the nickname, then post in the thread called members (see left column and scroll down the list), and let us know what platform you play on. That also lets us know you've joined!

I'm also going to be working on setting up a master member list and I'm going to list everyone alphabetically, by platform groups.

Hope to see you there!
Ada

Where is the space for a Nickname? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Probably lost my mind.

The page I get has a row of tabs at the top - Profile, Journal, Photos, Friends, Guest Book, My Inbox, & My Forums

Below that there's a space called Personal & another space called Favorites - both have an Edit option.

In the box with my with my name Jemsw1 - There's a space for an image, my birthday & astrological sign. The edit option doesn't offer a place to add a nickname.
Thanks for the help

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 10:50 AM
drkgordon wrote:Soooo...I've always wanted to change my name on here but couldn't. So if I join Delphi with a new name, how will people know that it's me?

Just Post your new Delphi name on this thread.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 9:06 AM
Hi

Delphi name - jemsw1 (jemsw was already taken)

My in Game name is Otzi.

Thanks to all of you who are helping with the enormous task of transition people over to the Delphi site.

Also a big thanks to the Mods, you will be missed. I hope you still have jobs!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 18 5:09 PM
Sounds like an internet connection problem.

If you click on the Internet Access icon, in the lower right corner of your screen it will tell you if you are connected to the internet.
If it says you are 'Not Connected', just click on 'Connect' next to the appropriate SSID - most likely the one listed at the top. If you accidentally click the wrong one, you can just click 'Disconnect". Hopefully that will resolve your problem temporarily.

I would suggest you check 'Settings' - for whatever reason, computer settings are changed. If you have Windows 10, I'd say that's the most likely culprit.

As to being tired, I've been dragging thru the days this past week. Just can't seem to get moving. Perhaps it's the weather or Seasonal change.
Here, on the North East coast of the USA we are about to be covered by tree pollen. We get so much, my car becomes a nice yellowy Spring green color.

Not sure where you are, but I'm guessing the other side of the Globe.
I know Japan has a big tree pollen problem in the Spring so maybe you do as well.

Good luck,

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 10:58 PM
Sorry, I don't like to complain after all the wonderful things you have done for us, but I really can't stand all these Cutsy pets.

I have way too many little bunnies, along with all the other juvenile aged critters.

I'd love to see some grown-up, adult animals, etc.

Thanks for your hard work.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 10:10 PM
silver_hawk wrote:Let's see. Within the first couple days of the Event those who where not displaying SR2 were accused of being greedy and selfish...

* Not knowing if they had SR1 displayed because they were working on achievements or getting pet parts (prior to the dev's fix).
* Not knowing if they even were aware of the new room.
* Not knowing if they were aware an event was started.
* Not knowing if they may be switching rooms and how often to help others with achievements/pet parts.
* Not knowing if they preferred to open to room 1 because it's easier on the eyes.
* Not knowing if they were playing friends rooms due to physical issues/work/personal.
* Not knowing if the SR1 room they saw was from a friends feeder game.
* Not knowing if the SR1 was from a game that was lost and the player no longer has access to it in order to change the room and for some reason the light stayed green on the social pages.
* Not knowing if they merely forgot to switch rooms after playing SR1 for achievement/pet parts/or 50 extra coins.
* Not knowing if the friend in question even visits the forum frequently or at all.
* Not knowing if there is some other possibility I haven't thought of.

Coercing (yes, coercing) by saying; if SR1 isn't changed to SR2 that friend will be deleted because the player felt that he/she is being deprived of 750 coins per day. In essence: Do this or else - without knowing the possible reasons listed above. That's not an exchange of ideas - that's an ultimatum.

Well... if you delete that friend you are depriving yourself of at least 50 extra coins per day. If you have friends who are kind enough to switch rooms you get 750 coins + another 50 coins + all the flowers/candy/pet parts to use as you wish.

One more thing...
The issue over SR1 vs SR2 is NOT the same as the airship situation. Players are not condemning other players over airship items. It's simply making a plea to the dev's the help improve game play and offering suggestions along with the complaints to improve the game and take some of the stress out. AND we have come to terms that the dev's are not going to address it [as sad as that is] and have not brought up the issue in quite a while.

Lastly, my feelings of being coerced/bullied are not wrong. It's how this conversation has made 'me' FEEL.

I Couldn't have said it better myself.
You are a 'Keeper', & I will definitely be holding on to you as a Seasonal/Event Friend. - Otzi

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 9:42 PM
cbtx wrote:I understand that players are trying to be generous and helpful ---- and it's a great idea if you have multiple games where you can offer each of the 2 rooms ---- but I can't see why so many players are switching off Room 2 and putting up Room 1.

1) The developers have fixed the achievement issue, so there's really no help there, so that is no longer a valid reason.
2) As for items for pets:
- they can be purchased with diamonds that can easily be earned back with the puzzles
- the items can be easily gotten from other players by putting them on the wish list. Probably from the same players that are turning off Room 2

I went in to play the rooms and found 6 rooms switched from Room 2 to Room 1 ---- so that is 4500 coins I could not get today. Multiply that by maybe 10 other players that might have been cut off of Room 2, and all of a sudden there is a lot of coins being denied players who care nothing about last year's pets. And all so maybe 2-3 pet items can be found by just a handful of players.

I realize it is everyone's privilege to display whatever room they choose, but I think more is being denied than is being offered.
Just something to think about.

Let's play this year's Spring Room. (unless, of course, you have multiple games to offer)

I wasn't sure whether to switch back & forth from Room 2 to Room 1, so next to my Avatar, I asked if anyone needed Room 1. I left that note up for 3 days but received no one responded so I haven't bothered.
If any of my friends need Room 1, all they have to do is ask & I will make it available.

For myself, I prefer Room 1 - more, aesthetically pleasing to me.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 9:10 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:The ability to pause updates may now only be available in 10 pro. Try going to settings> network and internet> change network properties and turn metered connection on. Windows will not download updates when you are on a metered connection. You will need to turn it off periodically so you can get updates on your schedule.

Thanks for the tip mdpetdoc. I will give it a try. Most of the updates are junk anyway.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 4, 18 9:06 PM
Because of all of the problems I have had with Windows 10 I decided to subscribe to Microsoft Answer Desk.

I think the 'Creators" Update was probably the worst idea Microsoft has ever had. Total nightmare as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway. the last 2 times I called - once the end of Feb & and then again around the middle of Mar - were due to the same stupid update.

Both times, the techs I spoke with ran a System Restore, after deleting temporary files, etc. Fortunately, Windows 10 automatically creates a Restore Point before updating your computer.

A couple of days after the March Restore, the problems started again - because, of course, Windows 10 is determined I am going to have that update.
I get no notification of an update like I used to get in the Pre-Creator Days, but I do know there is an update because my computer no longer works properly. It constantly Glitches, Freezes, & Crashes until I reboot.

I can't remember the specifics, but at some point, while I was trying to figure out how to fix the problem myself, a window popped up. It told me to disable my Virus Protection & then try to re-install. I did & the problem was resolved.

If you have an Antivirus program running on your computer - try uninstalling the update, temporarily disabling your Antivirus program, & then reinstalling the update.

Otherwise, try doing a System Restore.

Hope this helps

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 8:55 AM
There are two ways,

One is From you Pet Page - When you click on one of your Pets, in the left corner you can see which chests that Pet will give you, & if you move the cursor & point to each one, it will tell you the drop rate %.

The Second way
* Go to the "Helpful Links for Midnight Castle" thread. (Some unbelievably generous people who must have spent weeks/months gathering an incredible amount, & put it all in one easily accessed location) - Just a little below the Post Technical Issues link.

> Web address for the Helpful Links page (I suggest you bookmark/save the page) - http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/404978.page

* Scroll down - the "Tips, Tricks and Guides" post & near the bottom of that post is a link to all the information, about Pets, you will ever need.

> Web Address for Pet Info:
- http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/404978.page

* The first info is listed under Type of Pet (Seasonal, Regular, Achievement, etc) & below that are Pets listed under the Chest Type Drop Rate.
(I copied, Pasted, & printed the info - quicker than clicking on each pet & checking drop-rate %)

** NOTE: - If you don't know this, but If you highlight the above addresses, then right mouse click them, a menu appears & you can click on the "Go to...,." Option.

Hope this Helps - Good Luck

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 8:04 AM
MaryCricket wrote:Someone on facebook says change your avator, and see if that will help,

Took the advice, & tried a couple of different Avatars -
* The Gardener - started to see a few more Chicks
* Humpty Dumpty - even more chicks
* Alice - I could say there is almost a Plethora of Chicks - like 3 out of 5 areas.

I now have 120 Chicks & still looking for the ever elusive - chick on the Plaid - Half - Shell

Guess it's like the first time we had the Ladies, Lords, & Creatures.
I ended up collecting over 150 Ladies to complete that challenge. Even now, they range in numbers from 8 - 68

Can't play for very long as it exacerbates my Carpal Tunnel - & I'm not a fan of waking in the middle of the night with that pins & needles, burning, numb, excruciating pain.
You'd think Numb would mean no pain - I only wish.

So thanks for passing along the tip - it does seem to have improved my chances of finding the last Chick
Otzi

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 18 9:58 AM
MaryCricket wrote:Someone on facebook says change your avator, and see if that will help,

I'll give it a try.

If it doesn't work, I may have to change my thinking,

RedCloud33 mentioned her Foxie was with her cats, which makes me wonder if it might be a Pet Winter Cat, Black Cat, or Winged Cat.

- I don't know about your Winged Cat, but mine always looks suspiciously guilty about something.

Thanks

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 18 8:09 AM
[Knim]I always thought the spring flowers were all 4 flowers. I was just going to post that flowers collected were not being counted. I am an auditor and never NOT read something. But missed this. I seem to be getting older. My birthdays at the end of month. The big Seven O. I am no longer young and can wear purple and make mistakes without fault.
TOAD/Otter/MOUSE

Hi Toad,
Don't forget to get yourself a nice Red Hat, although I'm not sure I consider 70 old.
Don't forget the Red Hat, Summer Gloves, Satin Sandals, & of course the Brandy.
I began practicing for the last few years. I've got the Gloves & Sandals, but still need to find a nice Red Hat - I want one with a nice brim - will add a Purple Feather
For anyone not familiar with the poem
When I Am Old .
"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,
And I shall spend my pension
on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals,
and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired,
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells,
And run my stick along the public railings,
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens,
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,
Or only bread and pickle for a week,
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats
and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,
And pay our rent and not swear in the street,
And set a good example for the children.
We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me
are not too shocked and surprised,
When suddenly I am old
and start to wear purple!" by Jenny Joseph

Take Care - Otzi

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 18 7:49 AM
I have been doing the rounds, gathering enchanted eggs.

I have collected 102 of them, but the Chick in the upper right corner "On the (Plaid) 'Half Shell' still eludes me.

When I do the quests, I will get all the Bunnies & Mice I need, but no Chicks. If I visit every room, in every area (level 84) I will find only 1 or 2 chicks.
This got me to thinking that perhaps someone's Pet Fox discovered the 'Chick House' & has got them all stashed away, thinking they would make a delicious meal.

I checked to see if maybe Finian (my pet fox) might be the culprit, but she's curled up by the fire.

So, could everyone please check to see if their Pet Fox may have been up to some mischief, & if so, please ask her/him to give them back.
I'd like to complete the achievement for the Queen of Hearts Avatar.

Thanks all for your help

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 5:19 PM
Last Update was Mar 23 EDT.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 12, 18 8:15 PM
With so many to choose from, it would be difficult to pick just one .

The Castle itself has several places I'd like to check out.

- The stairs in the 'Forbidden Tower' that go up past the 'Book of Evil'. I'm pretty sure they lead up to the tower right next to the 'Ice Monster'.

- The opening above the ship in 'Mirror Lake' is an interesting possibility. Perhaps an escape from all the toxic smoke that must permeate everything.

- And of course 'Mystery Chamber'. Those ruins, lying beyond the 'Column of the Fallen' are just begging to be explored.

The Town also has a few places that need to exploration.

- The reflection of stairs in the large puddle in 'The Chapel'. They must be behind the 'Dark Ambion', but are only visible in reflection.

- There are more ruins just beyond the 'Throne' in the 'Underground Treasury'. I'd love to get a peek at whatever's hiding back there.

- The 'Residential District' with that heavy gate right in front of the 'Handwrought Cart' must lead to some kind of adventure.

- We know the Devs like "Stargate", & that circular gateway, just behind the ship in the Limb Entrance, is definitely reminiscent of the Stargate & would fit in perfectly.

Okay, enough. As I said there are so many to choose from, but I would pick either the Stairs in 'Forbidden Tower', or the "StarGate" in 'Limb Entrance'.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 12, 18 6:09 PM
Coins are good, & I do fairly well with the dice. Usually win 2 of the 3. The Ice King does well against Lord Chamberlain, & the Pirate Girl works well against Salty. Merlin wins 3 off 4 games when I have to play the Dragon.

Still it would be nice to get something else once in a while. A nice chocolate cookie would be acceptable Think I'll go hang out by Exotic Sweets for a while.

I gift 3 x daily, & my carpal tunnel doesn't allow me to play for extended periods of time, so never have a lot of any one item. I frequently run out of inventory have to complete an HOS to get items for Character quests.

Edit- spelling

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 12, 18 5:41 PM
They say it saves on energy bills in places like the Schools. I can't see how it saves anything. Our school hours are staggered - saves on the town buying more buses.

Our High school hours are from 7:20 - 1:40, Middle school 7:45 - 2, Elementary 9:10 - 3:25.

Used to turn them forward the 1st Sunday Apr & turn them back the last Sunday in Oct.
Now we do it 4 weeks earlier, which means as soon as it begins to get light outside we move the clocks forward & it's dark again.

I hate losing an hour of sleep every Spring, & I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the extra hour in the fall .

All it does is screw-up everyone's Circadian Cycle twice a year.

Fortunately in New England the time change doesn't effect my ability to gift
DST times are now between 8 pm - 4 am, 4 - 12 pm, & to 8.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator