Posts created by maabea9116

posted in Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town on Aug 25, 12 10:36 AM
Oldgamer99 wrote:Can't finish the game. Went to the graveyard and then back to the fortune teller's. Now when I leave the wagon, the screen turns black and I can't go anywhere. I tried rebooting but that didn't help. Very disappointing.

EXACT Same problem. But I was mixing the potion in the statues hand and when went backwards the screen went black and crashed. Every time I open it I am now back in the fortune teller's and when trying to back out it go black and refuses to work.

I have made sure every driver possible is up to date, video card everything. It is the game, not my computer I think.

I REALLY do not want to have to replay this game all the way til close to the end again just to see how it ends...........

posted in Tearstone on May 31, 11 6:27 PM
I am having the exact same glitch as other posters where in chapter 4 I tried to solve the power puzzle to the elevator. After a little while I noticed that trying to remove some pieces would go back to their slots but others were "stuck". Then I got frustrated and clicked the "skip" button and thought yay but it auto finished some slots and then one of the empty holders showed -1 while others were 0 yet the puzzle is not finished.
I have exited the game, clicked hint, clicked skip button again but this seems totally frozen unsolved!
I have already had to restart once before because after the demo my profile went back to tutorial..... If I have to restart this again I am going to be very irritated!
I stopped purchasing Big Fish this year and have let my game club credits build up. But one of the first games Ive purchased in 6 months does this? And I have a brand new less than one month old computer so it's not because it's ancient lol.
Sigh...........

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on May 24, 09 2:44 PM
Just bumping this one to see if the build is anywhere near to being finished or if it is even being worked on. It's been nearly 2 months...... and that credit of mine is looking like it's gone forever....lol

posted in Azada ™ on Apr 27, 09 2:27 PM
I got the same letter from Big Fish as I too have bought the game.

LOL I'm thinking from the "generic sounding" code word on the certificate, that it is the same code for anyone who got these gift certificates. I would be curious to see if it is indeed the same code word, in that case everyone can own Azada.

But I suppose that is the purpose, to interest your friends and family in Big Fish and get them started, no matter how many get the game for free. It's basically a marketing technique. Get a free game, hook them for life like the rest of us fishies lol.

I am giving the certificate to my daughter in college.

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Apr 6, 09 7:13 AM
Same question here Dancing.
I bought the game, did the switcheroo thingy they suggested and still it ends after the opening video at the graveyard gate.
Since I bought it I am sooo looking forward to playing it.
I guess I'll keep checking in here.

posted in Between the Worlds on Apr 6, 09 7:07 AM
I agree with pretty much everything the others previously have stated about the game pros and cons.

One thing I had not seen mentioned that helped make my decision to buy or not buy is the fact that the storyline is one of the most incomplete, jumbled and nonsensical I've seen! It's almost as if the game developers skipped entire paragraphs of dialogue and stuck in paragraphs that make no sense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like a ton of dialogue. But this game had a great premise, Between two Worlds and it so far has left me hanging with a huh? While my main enjoyment of a game is the actual puzzles, HO, action etc. if it is a game that has a storyline, please make it understandable.

It seems like a really bad B movie........... You know the one where the actors strain to produce their lines and are very stilted?

Beyond that pros are:
* No timer
* Ability to skip mini games
* Hidden areas to open

Cons are
* Incomplete/muddled storyline
* Excruciatingly long hint refresh button
* No reset on mini games
* Graphics at first seem interesting but are not crisp
* Items to search are extremely jumbled and aren't hard to find because of developers skill but rather because of their inattention to detail.
* No option to turn the timer on to make it more interesting (is there an option for this?)

Unless I had unlimited game credits I wouldn't buy this game. Even then I probably wouldn't because it would be a waste of space.

posted in Wonderburg on Apr 3, 09 5:31 PM
What a cute game!
I too thought I was a little over the build games but this is a totally different twist!
I love the whole witches and trolls storyline aspect, it makes for a truly unique and interesting storylinem yet you can bypass the dialogue if you so choose. The relaxed mode allows everyone to enjoy the game no matter how fast or slow you click. This game has tons of replay value and broad appeal to many different ages and stages of game players.

You know it is a good game that when the 60 minute trial period is over and it ends your game you go "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"!

Going to buy right now and certain that my son is going to love this one. He played Build a lot and enjoyed it so he is sure to loooove this one!

Happy gaming everyone!

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Apr 2, 09 1:42 PM
As I have purchased the game I look forward to getting the new build as I have the exact same problem as described.
A couple of us heard of the work around solution this morning and it worked for me up to a point.
Immediately after the opening video ends as the daughter walks to the graveyard gate it automatically closes the game and the Big Fish Game Console pops up thanking me for playing (but it never goes farther than the opening video etc.)
I have contacted customer service and sent a Dr. Felix report so hopefully they will be able to help me, or the new build will.
Thanks as always Big Fish for being prompt and working so hard to help us out.

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Apr 2, 09 7:31 AM
(Sounds of Charlie Brown Good Griefing in the air")
Sigh...................
It didn't totally fix whatever problem there was. As soon as I start a new game, the opening video concludes and the daughter walks to the graveyard gate it automatically ends the program and the Big Fish game console pops up thanking me for playing the game. Tried it twice now... Same glitch both times.
What a tease! To show me the video then thank me for playing! Playing what? LOL!
ARGH!
I will continue to work with customer service and tell them the new development. I hope the fix works for the many other players who had the problem on the TGT thread for LOCV.
Happy gaming!

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Apr 2, 09 6:43 AM
It worked! (At least so far lol)
WOW You are awesome Ivanbral! Thank you very much for offering a simple and less than 3 minute solution.
I just did a quick file search "locv_recovery", double clicked, switched the rendering option to the other one listed, and then tried to play the game.
I am now at the main menu of the game and the sounds and graphics are working fine so far!
Off to set up game name and play to see how it goes!
I'll let customer service know if this is a permanent fix etc.
Thanks everyone for sharing!

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Apr 2, 09 6:33 AM
Error here too! I emailed Customer Service and did a Dr. Felix diag to send to them about my system. (Customer Service at BFG ROCKS! They are the best I've seen!)
I too have Windows XP and it is a supported system.
While waiting for Customer Service this morning I am gonna try the above suggestion and see what happens. I'll let ya know.

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Apr 1, 09 11:11 AM
That's a point. I wonder if you buy the game and get the whole bigger version if it would work?

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Apr 1, 09 9:54 AM
Same error problem with "locv.exe can not blah blah". I have XP so it is a supported platform.
It seems like a great game!!
I sent a CS inquiry so I am hoping that it is something that can be fixed so I can play it.

posted in Be a King on Mar 27, 09 7:25 AM
I ended up buying the game lol!

I was concerned about the short play of the game, only about 20+ villages to play but then I saw on the forum that there is the entire other map! I felt so silly!!!

I immediately bought the game. I love the option of being able to play the game through on timed or untimed mode. It's like playing two different games.
For it to be a time/resources/management type game I found it relaxing.

I am pretty stingy with my credits usually about 2-3 games a month with lots of expired trial games hanging around on my game interface begging to be bought lol.
So that I bought this one means it got a from me!

posted in Emerald City Confidential on Mar 23, 09 10:20 AM
Aw man... Sorry I clicked here. I just wanted to see if there was a hint about gems and if you missed clicking one what happened only to see a spoiler???
PLEASE either edit the post about "PETRA is a _________" or at least put big letters it is a spoiler.
I was really enjoying my demo with Big Fish until I read that part. If it is true then it just sorta blew the game for me.
(Wishing it was a joke, but sorta knowing it isn't?)

posted in Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon on Mar 23, 09 9:13 AM
Just finished the game.
Even with a walkthrough that I peeked at occasionally it took forever. But I LIKE that in a game. So many times I play a game through and it ends in less than 3 hours and I feel like I wasted my money. Not a problem at all with this game!

It was a little slow to start. I was thinking wow, what an easy game... Just click point, nothing difficult to figure out. Then the REAL game started with the puzzles. I believe it was in irina's library with the books that I realized that I wasn't even halfway through the game and that it was now beginning to get more difficult.

I too was disappointed in the ending. So much emphasis on difficult puzzles but not only the opportunities to have a little interaction and try to maybe fight a vampire with stakes etc.

To have the Priest go up like that was NOT my idea of a good ending. He sacrifices, the green gas (wow what a metaphor for Dracula lol) just drift away was a huge letdown. I definitely understand that the priest could not become a vampire. As tempted (haha) as I was to wanna cheerlead for him to cross over, I knew that wasn't gonna happen. He was just too good of a priest.

ONLY if Dracula 4 has Ionel coming back as a grown up man, working the resistance etc and following the advice/mailed journal of his long lost priest friend would this story work for me. AND if Ionel has a love interest who can kick vampire rear alongside him instead of being a damsel in distress. Oh yeah, and DON'T make Ionel a priest for gawsh sake!

posted in Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon on Mar 5, 09 7:05 AM
Thanks ever so much for explaining the games!
Anybody who played the first two have a quick synopsis of this type of game?
Is it hard to figure out? Gory? Interesting?
I probably won't buy the first two at all unless they are at a BFG type discount lol...

posted in Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon on Mar 5, 09 4:54 AM
I downloaded and played Dracula Origin (great game), but is this #3 connected to that one?
If so, what was game number 2???? I looked on the site here and can't find it?
I really hate skipping in a series so I would prefer to buy a #2 first.
Can anybody explain it to me?
Thank you!

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Jan 27, 09 6:00 PM
Poodle, you are awesome and I think you would be the coolest in any school lol!

Hey they changed the description, your're right!
Welcome to the world of the Roaring 20's and the adventures of Teenage Flappers. Follow the exploits of finicky, fussy, female high school students as they solve mysterious accidents at their school. Facing suspicious administrators, antagonistic instructors, and their own peers; gather and lead your group of friends to expose secrets using the tools teenage girls in the 1920's had in abundance: quick wit, feminine charm, plenty of sass, highly developed sense of fashion and a batted eyelash -- or two! Climb the social ladder Disgrace your rivals Become the social queen

That sounds much more to the nature of the game and much more Big Fishie like!

While I still don't like the context of some of the game play and I feel they could have done so much more with it (I liked so MUCH of it!) I am happy that some fishies found something they like.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Jan 27, 09 5:28 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
maabea9116 wrote: When the girl in the wheelchair objects to the new ramp installed for her use, she says it because "having boys carry me is my one thrill!" UGH!!!! How demeaning! The girls when faced with the task of convincing the girl in the wheelchair to use the ramp said, "well if a cripple wants to drag herself up three steps who are we blah blah...." WOW. That one story sideline is enough for me to NOT ever buy this game. I would never enjoy a game that described someone with a physical handicap as a "cripple" or that the only way she got attention was from using her handicap limitations as a way to get a thrill from the boys.
Ok, horse's mouth time here. I have not yet run across this in the game (which I bought and think is brilliant) but if I had I would have laughed out loud! How shocking! you say? I AM CRIPPLED! I have been, increasingly so (progressive disease) since I was born. So were my brother and sister (2 sisters were "normal") and we had a running joke gag about the "Cripple Club" from which they were excluded. In fact, when younger and still able to walk, it was cool because boys would help me and I got to hang on to them and yes,
*Poodle thumbing her nose at political correctness BS*

While I would never "thumb my nose" at YOUR opinion, I will restate my own. One that I don't feel I have to give myself creds in order to do so. I just don't go there, no need. In my opinion to use derogatory words to describe anyone's race, creed, sexual orientation, differently abled etc. friend or foe or self is wrong and I stand against that. I am usually very anti Political Correctness, it goes too far. However, there is also the real problem of some who don't go far enough in promoting positive versus negative.
As to the poster that said, it was a different time... Like I said, if they used a roaring twenties era word to describe a minority would you buy the game? Nuf said..... Historical games can have proper perspective and also not be negative in nature.
If anyone finds enjoyment in the game then I respect their opinion while at the same time reserving my right to state why I didn't enjoy the game and wouldn't recommend it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator