Posts created by johndaytrader

posted in 3 Stars of Destiny on Jun 21, 11 8:50 PM
Baretta wasn't there at the tomb. I understand that there is no way to get her. I don't have a savegame from before.

Is she necessary to complete the game?

If so, does anyone have a savegame from before meeting her that you can send me?

Thanks in advance.

posted in Mystery Valley on Oct 31, 10 3:29 AM
Or take a look at VAmpire Saga - Pandoras Box. - Excellent game

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Aug 18, 09 12:51 AM
Hi

To unlock the next game you need to finish with a score of +2 or better. This means a score of 2 over par or better than that which is 1 over par, or par or - any score which is better.

Please write back if this is not clear and I will try to find better words.

Joie

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 7, 09 11:20 PM
Hi. Thanks for writing back. I wandered everywhere but that precise spot. Am now on my way.

Cheers

Joie

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 7, 09 9:29 PM
I see arrows to leave Thais, right at the beginning but I can't find the road to get out of the city. Argh. Apologies for what is obviously obvious but i just can't see how to leave the city.

Thanks

Joie

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 1, 09 8:14 PM
Everlong is magnificent. Good puzzles, lots of great RPG playing and enormous fun. You can find it by googling Everlong.

Joie

posted in Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship on Jul 14, 09 11:53 PM
PS. I (finally) found the big blue button. When you use the advanced forum search you don't get the create discussion button. I now see that i can get to generic forms of the forum I am looking for by clicking on the greyish bit at the top of the screen and this then takes me to ALL the different threads and it has the button.

grinning

posted in Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship on Jul 14, 09 11:43 PM
Yes

(2, 4) 1st Row, 2nd Button
(1, 3) 2nd Row, 1st Button
(3, 3) 2nd Row, 3rd Button
(2, 2) 3rd Row, 2nd Button
(4, 4) 1st Row, 4th Button

This is the solution. How does 2,4 mean 1st row, 2nd button? etc. I just can't fathom it or the rest.

Thanks

Joie

posted in Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship on Jul 14, 09 10:24 PM
Hi. Sorry to be a pain. The answer to my question is probably here somewhere but i am "forum challenged" and can't find it.

I have a question about a game (Margrave Manor 2 actually). I searched the advanced forum but I can't figure out how to start a new discussion in the forum where I can ask my question. I can get to other peoples talk but I can't find the create a new discussion button there. Sorry if it is obvious and these old eyes just can't find it.

By the way, I can't see the logic in the walkthrough for the key card puzzle. So, that is the problem I am trying to solve today. However, I have been wondering for a while how to do this.

thanks in advance

Joie

posted in The Mysterious City: Cairo on Jul 4, 09 2:36 PM
Hi.There are a number of rotation puzzles in the game. PM me a screen shot of the one you are talking about and I will see if I can help. I finished the game. I did find that for some of these I had to rotate every square one at a time watching the indicator about right and wrong squares till I found what the puzzle considered the right place to be. Many of the squares look just about the same in all the roatations.

Joie

This is a great game. I finished it in about 2 1/2 hours and I am usually pretty fast. I used some hints and had a lot of hints (faeries) left over and didn't use a walkthrough but i did take the easy way and got directions. There is an option to get no directions and to figure out for yourself how the game worked.

With respect, I honestly can't imagine how I could have finished the game much faster and I found it very entertaining.

Just my two cents.

Joie

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jun 30, 09 7:13 PM
I love the game. Demo'ed it elsewhere and am waiting for it to be offered to non club members on BFG's site. I found the first game excellent but very hard cause the objects were small. I did not find that with the demo for this one. I have an old Radeon 1600 video card and have had absolutely no problems.

Thank you very much for popping in.

Joie

posted in Puzzle Quest on Jun 29, 09 2:22 PM
Purple stars give you experience. Experience allows you to level up.

J

posted in G.H.O.S.T. Hunters: The Haunting of Majesty Manor on Jun 27, 09 9:56 PM
The sequel is much better that the original. The original was an average "junk pile" hidden object game. This Ghost makes you think. You have a choice to figure the directions out on your own or get directions. The hint system is fun and plentiful and the story is engrossing.

The game is still in Beta so I don't think you can download it anywhere, but it is a great game and should certainly be looked at when it does come out.

Joie

posted in Avernum 4 on Jun 10, 09 1:55 PM

Avernum 4 and 5 for that matter are great games and Avernum has maps as part of its programming technology which makes the journey much easier for some of us. Great story, great game.

posted in Hidden Mysteries - Civil War on Jun 9, 09 7:46 PM
I finished the game.

There are indeed some objects that are soooooooo small I found that I needed to click pixel by pixel. I played a lot of cannonball/minesweeper as well for more hints.

On the negative side, a couple of times either the glow around the hints vanished before I could find it, or there simply was no hint even though a hint was deducted from the total.

On the positive side, there was no penalty for clicking pixel by pixel and while the process is annoying, it worked.

All in all I liked the game, enjoyed the history lesson, and truly enjoyed the challenge of find the objects which were well and truly hidden.

I would heartily recommend the game to anyone who had some extra time and a fair bit of patience.

J

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Jun 8, 09 2:29 PM
Yes there are invisible cards underneath the cards that you can see.

J

posted in Aveyond on Jun 7, 09 11:49 PM
I played the demo for Eternal Eden. It is very much the same type of game as Aveyond, perhaps even better and it is VERY long (I sneaked a peak at a walkthrough). I read a review that said that Big Fish was going to have the game soon. Worth a credit, in my book.

J

posted in Hidden Mysteries - Civil War on Jun 7, 09 2:46 AM
Yes the cannonball game is winnable. It is a large version of the minesweeper game that comes standardly with Windows along with solitaire and hearts.

It is a game of logic. The numbers tell you how many cannonballs are adjacent to the square with the number in it. Adjacent means the 8 squares around the numbered square - all the squares that come into any contact with the numbered square.

XXX
X3B
BXB is an example of how it works. It is your job to figure out which of the 8 squares (around the numbered square) have the bombs. For the most part it is possible to work it out. Occasionally you might have to guess.

I start by clicking on all four corners. If there is a bomb in one of the corners I just start over and when it gives me the opportunity. It takes a bit of work to get good at this but it is possible.

Write back or PM me if this isn't clear. Hope this helps

Joie

posted in Aveyond 2 on Jun 5, 09 4:27 AM
Interesting. These are some of the kind of game I started gaming on, so many years ago. Anyone remember Rogue the DOS game? Shame so many of the old games have gone the way of the dodo. There is a whole new generation (given my age, more than one generation in the middle) that has never played the Kings Quest series or the Heroes quest series or the space quest series or.....

Joie

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator