Posts created by glitter2goldfish

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 29, 18 3:11 PM
Just wanted to say thank you and goodbye to all the people who have participated in this forum. It has been a pleasure to read and post especially in the "Seniors Thread" It was the most popular thread on this forum and not only seniors accessed it because most everyone on this thread were very helpful, respectful and experienced. Some folks had been playing GD from the very beginning and shared their knowledge with whom ever asked for it. They may have been way past the city or level where assistance was being sought but they took time to go back and take a look and sometimes even replayed levels to try to help. I know as a newbie to the game a little over a year ago I relied on the "Seniors Thread" more than any thread on this forum. General information, detailed information, tips, tricks and the right direction to take and advice to move forward as quickly and cheaply as possible was always found on the "Seniors Thread". Way to go!!! What a diverse and wonderful group of people. I will continue to use the forum as I am far from the end of the cities (in St. Petes) at present so this will continue to be a wealth of information for me going forward.I encourage all new players to read the forum posts and continue to utilize the very valuable information it contains. It will be the best resource for your game. Goodye and Thank you so much.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 27, 18 7:20 AM
I would like to thank all the mods. You have done an exceptional job managing the forum. Always helpful, always patient and always professional. Keeping the fishies playing nice and deleting unwanted spammers. The forums were one of the best things about Big Fish game site but alas things change and as is our nature we either embrace it or fight it. I see no point in the latter as the decision has been made. I will be forever grateful for the experience and will sadly miss the helpful hints, tips and tricks and all I have learned here from the mods and from fellow GD players. I will certainly miss all the lively conversations, the fun banter and the opportunity to be helpful as well as be helped in all aspects of the game. So thank you all and happy swimming in whatever pond you may discover in the future. Goodbye.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 26, 18 10:01 AM
Hi NeenaL60,

Love your song it is a goodie. Now I am singing it in my head....oh there it goes...now I am singing it out loud....oh there it goes now my parrot is squawking trying to out sing me. LOL.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 25, 18 2:35 PM
Hi peters51

Just use the escape button on your keyboard. If you are in a city hit escape and it takes you to the world map hit escape again and you can exit the game.

Best regards Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 23, 18 12:15 PM
Hi hogamefan,

I think if you play on a PC they should show up in the Game Manager as besides the forum mod announcement in forum itself there was an "update" or "update available" icon beside my Gummy Drop game in the Game Manager when the last PC update was done in November 2017. I saw some folks posting that was not reliable for them all the time but I never had a problem.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 22, 18 7:30 AM
All the best missbethann. My thoughts are with you.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 12:35 PM
Hi Lambina,

Thanks for that info and as I have never been a member I apologize for my error in thinking.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 12:10 PM
I have been buying games from Big Fish Games since 2014. I chose not to be a member at that time. I disagree that people who are not members only play FTP games. I also think it unfair to restrict the forums to membership customers. I have purchased over 400 games in the last four years and all are Big Fish offerings and across many different genres. It is not my fault that the sales offered are open to members and non members alike. I did not feel it necessary to become a member then and I don't feel it is necessary to be one now. All of my games were purchased at sale prices. The only other perk I saw to becoming a member was the punch card program and the for members only games sale prices. Yes members received a discounted price as a general rule for all games compared to non members but I was not sure how many games I would buy and did not want to be locked in to purchasing games every month. I am truly saddened that the forums are being shut down but do not believe keeping them active only for club members is a solution.
Also forgot to mention I am not a facebook user and never will be. Sad to see the forums shut down and hope a reasonable solution for all people playing and paying Big Fish games will be found and acted upon but won't hold my breath as I believe they will go by the way side regardless of everyone's concerns or emotional feelings

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 19, 18 6:55 AM
Thanks very much Jules,

I was looking at the posts in the Midnight Castle forum and I did see that explanation a few times there. It is good information to have here though as many folks have probably not been to the Midnight Castle forum at all. I am not sold on any of those ideas they have mentioned simply because I am not 100% convinced they are safe and also seems like someone tech savvy would initially have to set it up and then a few more folks would have to monitor the forum. Unfortunately I can do neither. Although I did not find this myself in a post from Lambina indicates developers of other games were not happy with Big Fish's decision and were going to send email to protest. I think the shut down of the forums will happen regardless though.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 18, 18 7:03 PM
I have looked at the Midnight Castle forum and they have made moves to Pond Friends Forum and Delphi Forum but seems to me like some one would have to be a forum administrator and then there would also need to be appointed moderators. That is what I think but am not 100% sure how it all works. I will not join a social media like Face Book or any public internet chat rooms because of security. If anyone knows more on the technical side and can give suggestions for us GD players to create our own forum please come forward as we don't have much time. If that is not possible and anyone wants to stay connected to anyone else I guess we PM before the forum is shut down and exchange email addresses. At least we could discuss game and strategies for different levels in the cities. It sure is a shame that the forums can not be maintained and on the Midnight Castle forum folks were talking about abandoning Big Fish memberships and not buying any more games from them because of this decision they have made. I hope we find a solution and quickly.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 6:51 AM
I am going to miss everything about this forum and other game forums as well. . It has been a valuable resource for game play but the best part was the community and discussions with fellow players. It was such a pleasure to read the posts and to participate in the conversation. So farewell all of my Gummy Drop friends I will miss you. Also just wanted to say that I did PM bfgMurrumbidgee and asked for clarification regarding Big Fish Games Forums all being disabled and Big Fish does intend to shut down ALL of the game forums not just Gummy Drop. Here is the response:

Hi Glitter,

Thanks for reaching out, I really appreciate it.
Yes, the announcement applies to all of the Big Fish Games forums.

Once the change has taken place, and message and posts are no longer able to be me sent/posted links to the applicable Facebook pages will be made readily available.

Gummy Drop! and some of our other free to play titles have Facebook pages and will show only game specific content, but we also have a Big Fish Games Facebook page where new release and sale information is posted among other things. this can be found at https://www.facebook.com/bigfishgames

I hope this helps

bfgMurrumbidgee

So sad it will be an adjustment for sure but unless my PC crashes and I lose all progress I will continue to play Gummy Drop.

Happy Gaming E veryone!

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 11, 18 5:35 PM
Jules, The Exes have a great sense of humour as in one interview I read regarding the bands name this is what they said...."Because we had to come up with a band name in a week for this gig, we googled ‘world’s worst country song titles’ and that was one of the top ones. It was going to be that or ‘it’s your fault our kids are ugly’". Now that is hilarious...

Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 11, 18 11:16 AM
I believe the banners are the number one peeve with many players. I really wish the devs would remove them entirely from the game or at the very least remove them from timed levels. It has been said many times and many ways yet we are still frustrated by them. Hey devs please listen to your loyal players and get rid of these unnecessary banners with words of praise which we do not want or need.

Happy Gaming
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 11, 18 11:10 AM
I have always known the song "All My Exes Live in Texas" was by George Strait. I was not a huge fan of country music but my father was and used to sing and play guitar. George is a little newer than most artists he listened to and played their music. He sang and played oldies from the 40's, 50's and 60's like Hank Snow: "I've Been Everywhere", Hank Williams: "Hey Good Lookin" and "Your Cheatn' Heart", Johnny Cash: "Ring of Fire" and "A Boy Named Sue", and Johnny Horton: "Sink the Bismark" and "The Battle of New Orleans". Now how is that for nostalgia. LOL
Jules, I watched an interview with the Exes on youtube as well and they said they were going through song lists for inspiration and that song by George Strait just jumped out and they thought it funny and unique so decided to make it plural and named the band All Our Exes Live in Texas. They were also all writing songs and playing music as single artists prior to forming the band. I checked out more of them and Cold Chisel as well and enjoyed it very much.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 9, 18 11:01 PM
Hi Jules,
I just checked on youtube again and found them singing this song. They made a joke about there is a song called "All my exes live in Texas" and said but forget that one we made up our own called "All our exes live in Texas: and then started to sing this hilarious song. The chorus goes as such:

"All our exes live in Texas all our lovers live in Maine. We tried so hard to keep them but they drove us all insane. Love to hug and kiss them till they can't stand it no more. We all get bored too easily and we kick them out the door."

Maybe google..... All Our Exes Live In Texas - All Our Exes LIve in Texas Live Hibernian House Sydney 5.4.13..... because that is where I found it. Maybe it was just a spoof they did live and did not record it on an album but seriously it is out there and it is quite amusing.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 9, 18 9:22 PM
Hey Jules,

I like quite a few hard rock bands actually and soft rock and medium rock.....LOL I do like Van Halen and the Eagles as well. I have probably seen "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" at least a half dozen times. It never disappoints. Also, I remember being at a house party quite a few years back and heard a few of Cold Chisel's songs because our host was a big fan. I could not remember the song titles of the ones I liked so I just visited youtube and found my three favorites. I loved "When the War is Over", "Bow River" and "Good Bye" It wasn't a band I listened to often but I do remember those songs in particular. Thanks for jogging my memory. I also checked out the all ladies band "All our exes live in Texas". I only listened to two songs, "All our exes live in Texas" and "Boundary Road" but in my opinion these ladies are very talented so I will probably check them out a little more. I do like all genres of music especially catchy fun lyrics and lyrics with a deeper meaning.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 9, 18 4:15 PM
Been away for the weekend and was pretty busy today so just looking in on the "Forum Hot Topics". Music is always a wonderful topic and generates much conversation and memories. Not necessarily all 60's and/or 70's music but off the top of my head some of my favorite artists, albums and songs are Paul Simon: Graceland, pretty much anything by Queen, Meatloaf: Bat Out of Hell, Fleetwood Mac: Rumours, pretty much anything by Bob Seger and Steve Earle: Copperhead Road. Got a few song lyrics running through my head now.

Sing...sing a song....la la la la la la

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 4, 18 11:23 PM
I play on pc and hitting the escape on the keyboard while in a level (as long as you do not make any moves) does take you completely out of the level without losing a life. It did not take me to a red X though but it exits back to the city playing field immediately. This method is easier (one less click) to reload the board without losing a life if you decide you want to try for a better layout. Good tip for pc players.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 4, 18 8:52 AM
Hi MomAngel,

Welcome to the forum. When you open a board to start a level you can study the layout and decide if you want to play it or not. If not, you have to close the board without making even ONE MOVE. You can then reload the board without losing a life. In order to close the level look for the green icon in the top left hand corner that has three lines on it...click on that and then click on the red X to close the level. I play on a PC so the location of the green icon may differ if you play on a mobile device. I hope this helps you as it is a very good strategy to apply to any level even the timed ones as long as you exit the timed level before the time runs out.

Best regards
Glitter

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 27, 18 12:42 PM
I wish I got the Blizzard Everest Challenges as well but alas I only get the regular Everest Challenge so I will have to wait for that one to get some unlimited lives.
That's okay though as I have been just checking my resource marts and playing the daily event for the last while as I needed a break from all those darn ice blocks in Rio. Giving me a bit of trouble and there are a lot of them. I have been playing some hidden object games instead of GD in these last couple weeks. It is a nice change of pace.

Best regards
Glitter

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator