Posts created by MouseThatRoars

posted in Cubis Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Feb 6, 18 12:08 PM
Hello. I am having problems opening the game. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times. I've tried opening it from the Big Fish Games panel, my Windows Start menu, my Programs menu. Every time, I get an Error access message and the the program must terminate. I've noticed my entire monitor display changes, as well (everything becomes bigger), when this message pops up. It's like the game is trying to either change or fit onto my large monitor, and it can't, so it can't open at all. I used two credits to get this game. This is my first experience with Cubis Kingdoms. So far, not so good. If this was only designed for smaller monitors or older operating systems, there should be a warning or, at least, some advice, on how to open it on a newer, slightly bigger monitor. Mine is approx. 12 x 18 inches. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. I have a Dell PC (only a couple years old). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Magic Mosaics on Apr 13, 16 6:53 PM
I have done everything suggested, but every time I try to open the game, a box pops up stating "Windows-Exception", and the game closes. I know it was open for that scant second because "Play Again" comes up...but, again, I never played it, and all that came up on the screen was that message. I am running on Windows 10, every thing updated (video card, graphics, etc.).
I have to say, I have been a Game Club member for years, now, but I am starting to think about cancelling my membership after this past year's (so far) performance. The games either have major glitches or are obviously old/re-hashed.
When customers take the time to come on to a forum like this to bring up technical issues, I've noticed that they just get a copy-and-paste response directing them to the "Technical Issues" general section on the Web site.
I'm truly disappointed.

posted in Country Tales on Oct 2, 15 12:04 PM
Hello, Ivan, and thanks to you and your crew for taking the time to chat with us!

I normally stick to HOPA's, Match-3's, and Board/Card games from BFG, but I decided to give your game a try because 1) the graphics looked wonderfully modern, crisp and bright (I'm getting SO tired of the dreary, washed-out, and/or antiquated-looking graphics in BF games - particularly their non-collector-edition HOPA's and nearly all of their board/card games), 2) the storyline sounded fresh/fun (again, SO tired of the death- and/or violence-themed storylines - else, non-creative, repetitive, or completely lacking storylines - as of late), and, 3) it received mainly great reviews. Great job by you and your crew on all of those fronts!

On a more personal note, I'd like to say that this game did a fantastic job of helping me to deal with a physical disability that causes me to suffer from chronic pain. I haven't had this disability for very long, and I'm always looking for new, drug-free ways to help distract me from the pain. Meditation helps a great deal, and I noticed, while playing County Tales, that having to intensely focus on the more difficult levels actually put me in a similar "zone" as does meditation! It really helped distract me from the pain! So, just know that your work helped at least one person (hopefully many others) forget their pain and worry for a while, and that is a blessing indeed. I intend on trying your other games as a result. Keep up the great work! I can't wait for what's to come from you guys!

posted in Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition on Nov 6, 14 1:31 PM
Hi. I have a 2009 Sony VAIO, using Windows Vista (tried to upgrade to Windows 7, hoping to get DirectX 9 or up, but my computer crashed, so I went back to Vista). I've found lately that Elephant Games look fabulous on my computer, but they are SO SLOW. I've tried turning off special effects, not using the custom cursor, and even playing it in non-full and non-wide screen modes. Unfortunately, they are always slow, and this one is painfully so.
If this game ran faster, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but, again, it's like trying to drag the cursor through mud just to get it across the screen. Sometimes I have to click several times just to get something to open!
I'm considering cancelling my Big Fish game club membership, actually, because this has been happening with other games as well. It seems like we lot with the "older" computers aren't equipped enough to play these games anymore.
Any technical advice on how to get games like this one to run faster would be much appreciated!
(BTW: The last game I played that ran very smoothly and very fast was a fairly new one: Grimm Legends: Curse of the Swan [may have that slightly wrong]. So, why would that one run so smoothly?)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator