Posts created by Nickimine

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 18 8:30 AM
I came to the forum right away this morning to find out what people were talking about regarding the Spring Room dilemma.

I like this idea of changing from Spring Room 1 to Spring Room 2 ~ at a time that is convenient. I am one who still needs the first room, but of course I don't want to miss out on what's available in the second room.

I will also do some "flipping of rooms" at certain hours. Thank you all for your thoughts and a great idea!

~ jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 23, 17 4:06 PM
Hi - Jean here!

You're offering help? Hmmmm, it seems I have a small blister forming in this one spot on my hand .... apparently where I hold the computer mouse.

Any suggestions? lol Actually my thought was to perhaps enjoy a glass of wine and conduct a tour of the Castle.

Merry Christmas!

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 18, 17 4:24 PM
Thank you all for your kind words - and your encouragement. Midnight Castle is packed with such good friends.

Merry Christmas ~ jean ~ !

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 18, 17 1:08 PM
I want to say I'm sorry to my Castle friends. I'm on Level 82, and have many friends who have been with me for a long time - and new Christmas Event friends.

I am apologizing because I am out of the gift boxes and I don't know what to do to get more to gift in your Christmas Rooms. I have been around the map twice (yes, every single possible hidden object scene) and received 4 gift boxes. Only four!

So then I went into our Christmas rooms. I opened every single scene in each room (and there are more than 80 friends, so 80 X 3 = . . . ) and received two pink gift boxes. I tried the Christmas rooms again the next day - all 80 rooms and each scene in each room - this time zero pink gift boxes.

I've been through half the entire map today and haven't had any pink boxes drop, and I'm getting quite disheartened. I am thankful for the gifts I receive in my Christmas room, but I feel badly about not having presents to gift to you.

I can still do regular daily gifting, of course - but it just isn't the same. I'm sorry.
~ jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 17 1:20 PM
I love the new scenes to explore! Amazing, aren't they? The story line seems a bit jagged - but I don't mind.

Storming the new Castle finds is fantastic!

~ jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 4, 17 1:49 PM
I sent an invitation as well ! I would be happy to gift pumpkins, swap same stamps and maybe gift a snowflake or two ... or three? lol

~ jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 17 5:12 PM
Hi all !!

I am looking for friends who play Midnight Castle on an iPad. I need friends who can gift on a pretty regular basis. Right now I have over 40 friends - however, I never receive even 15 gifts per day. I gift out the maximum 15 - but I think quite a few of my friends must be "on a break." I've certainly taken a break from the game myself, so I totally understand.

My Game ID: i695714 My Player Name is Jean

I very often have the words "Unique Stamp Swap" after my player name. This means I have a Unique (brown/maroon colored) Stamp on my wish list. If you gift me this color stamp, please have the very same color stamp on your wish list. By exchanging the same color stamp, we work together to reach that achievement.

I might have the words "Same Color Swap". This would mean I have two different stamp colors on my wish list. Please - if you gift me a particular Stamp color, I hope you have the same Stamp color on your wish list so I can gift it right back at you!

Laugh - no, Stamps are not the only things on my wish list. And they aren't they only item I gift to people. I just wanted to clear up how I handle the Stamp Swap issue.

I hope to get some new, good gifting friends. I promise to be a good gifting friend to you! I'm looking forward to the start of the Christmas Event!

~ jean (sometimes known as jeannie) ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 7, 17 8:35 PM
Thanks everyone!

Don't ya just love having darkness arrive at 5:00 p.m.?!!!! (nooooo!)

~ jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 7, 17 12:52 PM
Midnight Castle friends ... please help me out here. I think I was away too long, and now that I'm back I believe I have forgotten what the gifting hours are.

I know the hours are different depending on where one lives, but the hours were based on um - a time standard in the UK? Is that right?

Laugh - fill me in! Thank you!

~ jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 1, 17 1:57 PM
Hi everyone! It's me - Jean - and I'm finally back to playing after a long time away. (Terrible back problems, a second back surgery). I'm happy to be back, even though it is difficult for me to play for more than 30 minutes. I rest my back for a few hours, then I can play again for awhile.

Anyway - I have found that almost all the friends I had are still in my game as friends - yayyyy! However, a full 4 pages of friends are "taking a break." Well, I certainly can't complain about that because I was gone for so long. However, I need some active friends who would love a good gifting friend. (ME lol )

My player ID number is 494600. Player name is Jean. I'd love to be invited to players' lists - players who are also consistent in gifting.

A big thank you to the friends who spoke of me in this forum - and have just recently sent me "Welcome Back" messages!

posted in Midnight Castle on May 5, 16 1:36 PM
I found 12 chips in an earlier tournament today. The four spins went like this :

50 %
50 %
40 %
50 %

I held my breath after the first 50 % spin, and let out a whoop!! with the 4th spin completed. I was in first place (for the first time ever) !!!

I lost the first place spot over the next hour, but still ended in the Top 10. Top 10?!! Terribly exciting!!

~ Jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on May 1, 16 10:45 AM
Yayyyy - for the first time ever ..... I located all 15 Chips in the Tournament Rooms!!

And the Wheel Spins went like this:
10 %
10 %
30 %
10 %
10 %

Sigh ... really?!!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 16 3:46 PM
No one wants their friends to feel guilty when it comes to returning gifts. There are some very simple things you can do to enjoy playing the game, reach the Achievements you are working towards - AND - not feel guilty about neglecting your friends. Mentioned already in this thread is the importance of keeping a log of gifts you are receiving. This can be as simple as a tablet of paper, or more complex ... something like a spreadsheet or computer log ... and every single day you play Midnight Castle, you write down the following :
The Date.
The Player Name of friend who sent you a Gift.
Write down what gift they sent you.

If you do not write down who sent you gifts, how will you know who to gift in return? Pay attention to what small notes they may have written next to their Player Name. There isn't much space, but players will write something like, "Same Stamp Swaps." Or perhaps, "Need Pumpkins" or "Need Snowflakes". Whatever - pay attention to what they may have written next to their name. Many players now are involved in Stamp Swapping. This means if they Gift you a Blue Stamp, you will see a Blue Stamp on their own Wish List. Your return Gift will be the very same Stamp. A Blue Stamp. (This is the greatest - gifting made easy! You don't have to guess at what they want or need the most!)

If you are behind in your gifting - there is a very simple solution. Take down all items from your Wish List for a day (more days if you feel you need the extra days to catch up.) Again, feeling guilty shouldn't be a part of the game. It's too much fun to play! So if you find yourself feeling bad about not returning gifts - if you look at your log and gasp (smile) at how many friends you would really like to gift, keep your own Wish List empty until you feel satisfied. Make sure you are logging the gifts you send to your friends. (again, writing down the date, the Player Name you are gifting, and the name of the gift you are sending).

I have seen players who have written "Catching Up" next to their Player Name - yet they still have their own Wish List up with items they would like. How are they going to catch up if they continue to receive gifts each day? This I cannot answer. Their thought process about how to catch up is perplexing to me.

So be happy Storming the Castle ! Gifts are a good thing - both ways. Don't feel bad - just catch up!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 16 2:18 PM
Annelliegram wrote:How can you send a PM to some anonymous player who has sent you an invite?

Do I post on the forum.....Player with the ID of xxxxxxxxx, please send me a PM?

There is no way to contact someone you do not know.

If a person is at level 8, 9, 10 or so, then, yes, I can agree that they may not know. But if someone is at level 35, or 42.....they have played the game enough to see that other players have some name other than "player." If they play in the tournaments, they will also see that most other players have put up a game name.....to leave their name as "player" is a willful choice.

It is way to difficult to keep track of numerous "player" ids in the social page.....so, I choose to not accept those invites. But, that is just my choice.

I also choose not to accept a friend invitation from anyone using just "Player" for their Player Name. I keep a list of all my friends (their Player Name) and their Friend Code ID number. Some use their real names, and others are so clever! You can certainly remain anonymous in this game. How hard can it be to make up a name? Like almost everyone playing the Spring Event, I took on extra "friends" so we could play in each other's rooms.

Unfortunately, many requests came from Player Name "Player." Those invitations I rejected. Make up a name please! I could use good, gifting friends!

~ jean ~

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 17, 16 10:08 AM
I need friends! If you'd like to be friends just to use each other's Spring Room to reach the achievement, that's great. Please add me?
My Player Name : jeannie
Friend Code ID : i 695714

I also need regular gifting friends, not just for Spring Event. If you need regular friends like I do - please send me a PM. I'd love to hear from you!

If you don't need another regular gifting friend, I hope you'll still add me for the Spring Event!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 16 4:40 PM
Will all of you in this thread watch for my invite as well? I need friends - I'm starting a little bit late! Thank you so much.

My Player Name : Jean
My Friend Code : 494600

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 16 12:26 AM
Nimbus (I'm sorry, I don't know your real first name) :

A long time ago I was excited when I finally got a Pegasus Egg off the Wheel. I saw that expensive cost to "birth the egg" into life, and my eyes popped out. (I've left my eyes that way - I think it makes me more attractive). lol

I used real money to purchase the coins I needed to craft the Pegasus. After all - it was fantastic to finally get the egg! (I am aware that many Players have never spent any real money the whole time they've been playing this game. How they've avoided spending real money - EVER - is beyond me, but I applaud whatever strategy they use!)

The question is : Is it worth it to craft the Pegasus? Is it worth spending some real money (if you're running low) to buy the coins needed to help you craft this pet? Hmmmm, what is the answer? Well, if you like the idea of having every pet as you move forward in this game .... Yes. Craft the pet. It's nice going to your pet tab and saying "hello" to all your little darlings.

Has this pet (for me) brought back oodles of coins, stamps, and other goodies? No, not especially. I have some "cheap pets" (shhhh, I don't want to hurt any of their feelings by name calling) but the cheaper pets I crafted have performed just fine. Often times even fantastic!

You are right. There are many things, too many places inside and around the Castle, that are so expensive to open and play. Too darn expensive as you put it.

Come back here sometime and let me know what you decided to do, okay?

Jean

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 24, 16 3:11 PM
I like to read posts about the Tournaments. It makes me feel better about how bad my scores are, and my 10 % spins! Players have theories about the spins of the Wheel. Some believe it's better to only have 3 spins vs 4 spins, feeling the Wheel lands on higher percentages with fewer spins.

The Big Fish Moderators are reading our posts. They read our theories - not just on the Tournament Wheel Spins, but on the Wheel of Fortune spins as well.

Instead of leaving us to our theories (conspiracy theories ... lol ?) why doesn't a Moderator jump in to these conversation threads - and relieve us from the stress of guessing?! All one of them would have to do is say : "Hello Midnight Castle Players. The Wheel in the Tournament is absolutely just left to chance." Why leave us guessing?!

Same with the other Wheel. The one we want Eggs from! Instead of Players offering advice (conflicting advice, as what works for one player does not work for another player) I would love to have a Moderator drop by the thread and tell us the real deal. It's not like they would be giving away any secrets to the Midnight Castle game.

Dropping into a thread to speak to the issue being discussed - and giving an honest answer - would leave Players with correct, non-speculation information. Having that information will help me decide if I want to play in the Tournaments. It will help me decide how many times I'll try the spin of the Wheel of Fortune.

Jean

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 16 3:22 PM
I have a "feeder game" that I am in the process of closing. Giving away all the inventory to whomever wants to be a temporary friend without having to gift anything. Just take and help me unload the inventory. It's only at Level 12.

Anyway, I practiced playing the Tournament with this "soon to be deleted" feeder game, and yep. You guessed it. The feeder game placed 54th in a Tournament a few days ago.

Can I do it in the game I care about? My real game?!! Nooooo !!!!

Jean

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 16 4:07 PM
There was a time not so long ago when Big Fish was bringing some of their other games to a close. No more updates. A few games were coming to an end. There were Midnight Castle players who posted a lot of concern about this, wondering if it would happen to us. Would our game close too?! Would our beloved Midnight Castle also be coming to an end?! Noooooo !!!! was the outcry.

Read again what so many people are saying now. So much sadness, some boredom, and yes - frustration and anger when updates don't go smoothly. Some long time players have already left the game. I don't want to feel sad, bored, frustrated or angry. I've been thinking a lot about Midnight Castle, and the following is my opinion:

I don't want to die before Midnight Castle ends. I don't want my eyesight to become weaker, making it difficult to play the game. (I know there are players already struggling with eyesight issues and finding objects.) I want to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I want there to be a day when I cross the finish line, and sooner rather than later. (meaning I don't want to have to play this game for another five years to see what happens to all the characters) I want Big Fish to come up with an exciting, triumphant ending to the story of Midnight Castle. I want there to be a "finish line" to cross - with a CONGRATULATIONS waiting for each of us as we finish the game.

Big Fish will still be around, they have other games for us to play. Or we can clean house - whatever your preference may be. New players will find the game, and start their own journey through Midnight Castle. One day those new players will come to the end of the game and cross that big, exciting finish line. And the cycle continues as new players (or old players who want to play again) come to the game.

Whatever the time frame may be, I want to be a player who can say, "I did it! I played the game, I saw it through to the end - and it was a great ride!" In my humble opinion, yes - one day soon the story should come to an end.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator