Posts created by lordkalvan

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 29, 18 7:07 AM
Buenos Aires added hidden objects that are rectangles of chocolate. When you uncover them, the tiles on them are removed. Most levels that have them do NOT require uncovering all the covered tiles. It’s really strange finishing a level and seeing those tiles I haven’t finished yet.

With Kyoto two variations of this were added to the mix. Some of the rectangles have arrows on two ends. When you uncover them it acts like a line blast. Others have a jagged circle in the middle, and act like a bomb blast when uncovered.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 29, 18 4:54 AM
Fare thee well my Gummy friends. This forum played a very large part in keeping my interest in the game. Thank you!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 28, 18 7:07 PM
Without making any moves, get out and back in until you see a first move that is a five in a row. Make that move, getting a . Save the . Make more moves until you make a second next to the first one. Swap the two . At that point you usually have enough moves left to finish easily.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 28, 18 5:55 PM
Try logging out of Facebook, waiting a few seconds, then logging back in again. I’ve been needing to do that every couple of days for the past month or two.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 28, 18 5:14 PM
This is the Gummy Drop forum. It’s not a word game, it’s a match 3 game.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 27, 18 8:13 AM
Thanks to all the mods and the forum admin too. I hope that you aren’t getting laid off. I suspect that the customer support team will get a lot more traffic starting in May.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 26, 18 2:35 PM
On the old mobile device, connect to Facebook from the Gummy Drop settings (that gear wheel icon). While still on the internet inside Gummy Drop, logout of Facebook. Wait a minute or two, without turning the old device off. Now on the new device, from inside GD, connect to Facebook.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 26, 18 11:42 AM
What’s on Facebook is a GD Page that Fans can post questions on. There’s also an active fan run group on Facebook called Gummy Drop Friends Unite! that lets fans post where other fans can see it. At least one person is trying to get a forum going elsewhere too but I know from experience that being a forum admin or moderator is a lot of work when the group is large.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 25, 18 7:30 PM
You don’t need any boosts. Exit the board and get in again without making any moves, until you see a board where the first move will make a five in a row. Make that move and save the lightning. Make more moves until you have a second lightning next to the first one. Swap the two with each other. Most of the time you will still have enough moves left at that point to finish getting the goals.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 25, 18 3:09 PM
Lambina wrote:Are there mods there? When you join do they give you the rules for the code of conduct? I've seen some negative remarks from people about how they have been treated on some of those sites and I don't want to participate in something that allows ugliness, I get the impression that rules are much more lax than what BF has.

A free run by fans forum won’t have professional moderators. Every forum admin and forum mod has to be a volunteer, and most people won’t want to spend their free time on such duties. If that kind of thing bothers you, then you won’t want to join one of those forums.

Ad revenue on such forums goes toward the cost of the servers, bandwidth, and a part time sysadmin.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 25, 18 10:29 AM
I joined but don’t have anything to say yet....

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 25, 18 9:09 AM
Marathon is timed nicely for those who had already built all monuments before Kyoto.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 25, 18 4:32 AM
Sometimes logging out of Facebook and then back in again helps.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 24, 18 5:12 PM
Kyoto 1 has been giving me 20k to 50k bricks each time but it’s always right down to the wire, so I might have just been lucky. Can someone else check it?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 24, 18 4:53 PM
Kyoto just showed up in the iOS App Store! Downloading now.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 23, 18 6:32 PM
Some browsers it works and some it doesn’t. Safari on my iPad works most of the time but periodically I have to sign in again. Not sure if the cookie expires or the data just got lost when something updated.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 23, 18 1:37 PM
You mean when the forum get marked read only? I imagine the database has grown so large that it is running out of room. PMs are also stored in the same database as the forum, if this is anything like the other forums I’ve been admin for.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 23, 18 11:23 AM
Hogamefan, what platform are you using? iOS shows updates in the App Store, and I assume Google Play does something similar. If you play on something else we need to know what it is.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 22, 18 2:32 PM
Everest wasn’t too hard. Flag three took me three or four tries, and I came extremely close to running out of moves on flag five, but squeaked by.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 22, 18 7:31 AM
Level 102 took a bit of luck but I got all three tiers. Not sure about the earlier tiers, but the way I got the third one was clearing the bomb blasts near the middle section first, then making a and swapping it with a red to get the rest of the bomb blasts. That cleared all the paper and the souvenirs fell through. I needed a second to help clearing the remaining tiles.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator