Posts created by Lisa_Coarcaazco

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 18, 15 4:59 PM
To my friends and neighbors,

I will be taking a leave of absence from ROM due to RL circumstances. I do plan to come back after a month or so, so I'm hoping my neighbors will not delete me for a while (although I understand if you do).

PS: Congrats to Faery, and wishing you all the best!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 6, 15 9:59 PM
I have had a family emergency come up, and I really don't have any idea what will happen over the next few days or weeks. It may be nothing serious in which case I will probably continue playing. If I do fall asleep, I just want to let my neighbors know that I do plan to come back eventually.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 3, 15 4:11 PM
Lisa_Coarcaazco wrote:I've also vowed to help only neighbors I know will not fail on this quest. I feel bad about my newer neighbors who I don't know will fail or not, but I wasted so much food a couple of weeks ago on the same type of things: 15,000 points needed with only 22 clicks (I think) allowed so you are forced to give high value food to make a useful contribution. So no wasted food on this one, sorry neighbors.

I wanted to clarify this. If I have a neighbor that needs to do the expedition twice because the couldn't complete the tasks in two hours (!), I have no problem with helping that neighbor again. I just don't want to feed a dragon and have nothing at all come of it.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 3, 15 1:25 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:I've participated in two failed expeditions already this morning. I don't get how this happens every time a new quest comes out. It's like everyone forgets that food is scarce and rushes off to run an expedition without being prepared for it at all.

What is this like the 4th or 5th quest with an expedition in a row? Food is scarce I'm sure everyone is low on it. Think before you start your expedition, are you prepared? Do you have your charges? Can you finish your expedition?

I know I'm going to be sticking to helping my trusted neighbors, ones I know will not let their expedition fail. If that sounds harsh I'm sorry but I don't have spare food to waste on failed expeditions.

I've also vowed to help only neighbors I know will not fail on this quest. I feel bad about my newer neighbors who I don't know will fail or not, but I wasted so much food a couple of weeks ago on the same type of things: 15,000 points needed with only 22 clicks (I think) allowed so you are forced to give high value food to make a useful contribution. So no wasted food on this one, sorry neighbors.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 1, 15 11:59 PM
Just finished the room and would have to agree with some of the comments here. I find it so annoying to try to find objects that can't be seen if I'm in full screen mode, or are hidden behind things or are so tiny. Despite my complaints, though, I'd probably do the offer again, just not when I'm so sleepy.

On another note, I noticed that this storyline, like many of the others, seemed derivative (like the Phantom of the Opera-ish story in the Opera Theater offer). The soul in a robot's body concept seemed very much like the manga/anime Fullmetal Alchemist.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 27, 15 7:13 PM
Do you mean your own expedition or someone else's (or both)? If you mean someone else's, I think I may have noticed recently that I don't always get a pop-up window if an expedition completes while I'm off-line. Whether or not that means you don't get the contents of the chest(s) I don't know, I haven't checked before and after. I don't recall seeing anyone address this before, and a brief search of the forums yielded nothing, but then again the forum search isn't very good. Anyone?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 26, 15 1:23 AM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:@Margboul,

Don't forget the dungeon seahorse and the Italian beaver! Oh, the pony in the Celestial Stable!

Does the balloon dog count?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 26, 15 12:15 AM
starmagicgreen wrote:Its random. Its like the lottery. If you hit, you hit off a good spot. The only noticeable difference I've encountered, is with whatever quest is ongoing at the moment- that will change the odds in order to accommodate game-playing. Save your coins for those times in order to accumulate and buildup your reserve.
My advice is see what you have in your coffers. When you're buying, are the runes you need dropping? If so, continue spending 9K, 6k, whatever, in whatever sequence suits your game play. If not, then don't buy then and come back another day. Don't be so quick to spend the free coins. What may be occurring for one player, may not be so for you. Be careful not to fall in that trap. Its easy to think there's a pattern, but that pattern may have many other variables.
The beast dragons will not be easy going until level 400. That will be when you have enough purchase power without coming out of pocket.

As soon as I read your post, star, I knew you were right. I did have the caveat on my "experiment" that the numbers weren't big enough to mean much but I still fell for it a little bit. It's the "lucky slot machine" effect. Well, at least I won't need to buy mayan runes for a few days.

I want to emphasize that I wouldn't recommend anyone short on coin be buying kits anywhere near that excessively (I assumed that was obvious, but thought I'd better throw in that caveat. ) The best advice I read was to make a habit of buying rune kits on a regular basis. I've pretty much reached a point where I just buy enough mayan rune kits to replace the number of black runes I used that day and I try to maintain about 10 of each black rune in reserve (I play that board 3x a day).

The other advice I would give is if rune kits are dropping frequently during an offer, take advantage and play as many rooms as you can. I got ahead of the curve on beast runes during an offer that was dropping rune kits like mad (was it Pearl Legends?) and haven't had problems playing those boards since. I don't think I was much over level 100 at that point, if that. Also, if you find yourself short on coin to buy beast rune kits, take a break from playing the board for a while. Keep buying rune kits, just more slowly. This should allow you to accumulate a nice reserve of blue runes before you start playing again.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 25, 15 2:07 PM
jelleyanddogs wrote:Personally i only buy 3000 and the odd 9000. The 3000 instead of the 9000 will give me 3 times the chance of getting blacks and or blues. I have been so disappointed when i hit the 9000 and get nothing but whites three times in a row yet for the same amount of money i can go into the 3000 approx. 9 times and have yet to be disappointed getting blacks and blues. However i'm assuming this is all random but personally the 3000 is where i always go. It is so easy to go through 100,000 and still not get what you want. I have observed every time what i get from each and to me the 3000 is the only way i will go. But that is just my perception.

I was skeptical that any one of the three would give you better odds of getting black runes, so I tried a quick experiment: 9000x10, 6000x15 and 3000x30, so the total number of runes and coins spent was equal for each denomination.. The number of black runes I got was: 3 at 9000, 2 at 6000, and 7!! at 3000. The repetitions are too small for this to be definitive so I will repeat the experiment at some point (my coin balance took a hit so I will wait a while). Meanwhile, the 3000 looks pretty good ...

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 23, 15 6:29 PM
aim4stars wrote:Then as life and chance would have it, SunFlash, just as I was thinking of making these edits this a little guy appeared at my door with a fancy envelope. He was wearing purple leotards and accompanied by a trumpeter who blasted out a rift from Born on the Bayou...Opening the envelope, the little leotard wearing guy said: " Aim4Stars, you are hereby informed some of us believe that you have gone far enough with this bit and considering the offender has apologized you need to bring this thread to a close."

So aim, how does one come by a little man in a purple leotard reading an announcement of peace and love accompanied by a trumpeter blasting CCR tunes?

Hmmm...?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 22, 15 4:57 PM
afspam wrote:I'm enjoying this room, but the combination of items is making me think, this isn't a historic representation of anything. The Teutons are a modern race of people who have invited everyone in the galaxy to come together for a great battle.

Clearly the Scots are going to win with their golf clubs and bagpipes!

If you read the storyline in the offer, it kind of makes sense:

"Right before the holiday black holes appear in the places where the energies of the space and time continuum intersect. These holes provide very favorable conditions for production of events which might happen, but seem absolutely surreal."

The common theme with the search items seemed to be battles or competitions (thus the sports items as well as swords, axes and other war paraphenelia). The rest of the storyline had something to do with building some sort of steam-powered tank (steampunk anyone?) to protect the portal from ghosts and dark forces or something like that.

Anyway, its a fun room and I wish I had had more time to play. I wasn't able to spend the entire four hours so ended up buying three artifacts rather than doing another expedition. The best part was . . . drumroll please . . . I got a lucky clover from the dryad (second ever)!!!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 22, 15 4:40 PM
clm5457 wrote:I see star's point. A private message should be kept that. Private, and not brought to the forums. And yes, we can delete whomever we wish.

You're probably a better person than me, because I'm afraid I'd probably do the same thing if I got a similar message. Something like that would sting a bit and complaining without naming names or pointing fingers doesn't seem to be harmful.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 22, 15 3:29 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:I can only say for myself but I take it as an insult no matter the dragon. No way you can convince me that someone who puts in exactly one piece of the lowest denomination of food has any thought to helping that neighbor. What they hope is that others will put in an abundance and they might score one of top 10 chests out of it.

Terrible.

Exactly. I've never deleted anyone from my neighborhood for doing that, but it never happens to me anymore after I deleted neighbors who never even bothered to send a free gift. Seems they are one and the same.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 22, 15 11:01 AM
starmagicgreen wrote:
SunFlash wrote:aim4stars, I totally expect to see you rise up naked out of the ashes like Daenerys Targaryen, MOTHER OF FRICKIN' DRAGONS, holding three dragon eggs and wearing peacock feathers in your silvery hair.

? What in the world does that mean, Sunflash? I don't know the story, that is if there is one, but its piqued my interest, please shed some light

Game of Thrones. (or should I say GAME OF FRICKIN' THRONES!)

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 22, 15 10:42 AM
If it's any consolation, I think I got deleted recently for gifting a money item related to an offer during the offer. Eh, I guess it's better not to have to walk on eggshells. Like Marjasinstar is always saying, its your game and you should be able to pick your neighbors, and vice versa. I personally enjoy the extra goodies, and some of them just make me laugh (those blue gloves are a little creepy, though ). I'm looking forward to my dragon egg, I think I might be running low.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 21, 15 10:18 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:On the expedition standpoint the only thing I really keep in my mind are failed expeditions, which are an extreme rarity in my hood, and when I see someone consistently bottom feeding.

I really wish there was a better way of keeping track of who contributes to expeditions since I can't hover by the computer and keep track most of the time. I really don't care if a neighbor never contributes to my expeditions since that depends on what time of day people play, serendipity, and resources, but it would be nice to know who does contribute, especially on a challenging week like this where contributions to side quests are particularly appreciated. Ah well, if wishes were fishes . . .

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 21, 15 8:40 PM
kiki5621 wrote:I can barely find time to gift and visit neighbors, do the maze, the daily challenge, and maybe part of an offer.

Hope you aren't tracking me too closely.

The only thing I track with any regularity is gifting and that only when I notice a significant difference between the number of neighbors and the number of daily gifts. Unless your are mass gifting useless items, you would fall into my definition of a good neighbor.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 21, 15 1:53 PM
Jarrow wrote:My experience is that I can SEND mail to multiple people through in-game mail. But that if I am RESPONDING to a message sent through in-game mail, then after I send the response the system will freeze.

So for example, I format my response to the persons that participated in my expedition in the first person's mailbox section. Select it by highlighting the entire thing, and do a Control C (Copy feature). Then as I go into the rest of the mailboxes, I type in a few letters of their name in the search and they pop right up, I just PASTE using the Control V. I can then personalize for each, but the bulk of the "Thank You" is completed only once.

This is the only way I know to 'mass mail'. I generally refresh at the end of this type of mass mailing as I don't want the screen to freeze on me when I am not expecting it.

You learn something new every day. First, I never noticed the search function in the in-game mail, I was always clicking clicking clicking to find the right person. Second, I never noticed I only had problems when replying to in-game mail. Thanks for the info, Jarrow!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 21, 15 12:26 PM
amina046 wrote:Is it normal not to get help requests but only being able to see ongoing expeditions when you refresh page_
Some players may send in-game messages asking for help, but otherwise there is no way to know if a neighbor has started an expedition without refreshing the game. I am terrible about remembering to refresh often enough and so miss out on a lot of expeditions that way.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 21, 15 12:19 PM
Unfortunately the in-game messaging is glitchy and as far as I know the only way to mass message all your neighbors. I just assume I might have to restart after messaging; just another one of those things with this game.

I'm pretty sure that unless someone has created a user name for the forum, there is no way to contact via PM. As for finding someone on the forums, I think most of the time it will be the same name as their in-game name, but not always (my in-game name automatically changed when i signed up on the forums - wish I'd known that ahead of time, I'd have picked a shorter handle )

So the answer to your bottom line question is no, there is no easier way to access your neighbors as far as I know.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator