Posts created by SunFlash

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 18, 15 10:54 PM
To all my dear friends and neighbors, I am going to stop playing. In fact, it's already done. I will miss you all so much!

I really enjoy ROM but, like all online games, it is designed to keep you playing for hours on end. I've tried so hard to limit my playing but it just doesn't seem to be working. In the end, I choose to do other things with my time.

I've already deleted all of my neighbors. You will all find some nice prezzies either from me or from Elvira.

Best wishes to you all and have fun!

SunFlash

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 18, 15 10:52 PM
To all my dear friends and neighbors, I am going to stop playing. In fact, it's already done. I will miss you all so much!

I really enjoy ROM but, like all online games, it is designed to keep you playing for hours on end. I've tried so hard to limit my playing but it just doesn't seem to be working. In the end, I choose to do other things with my time.

I've already deleted all of my neighbors. You will all find some nice prezzies either from me or from Elvira.

Best wishes to you all and have fun!

SunFlash

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 11, 15 10:28 AM
Well, pretty much, you will be prompted to collect the pieces for and assemble the artifacts one after the other. For instance you can't assemble (or get the components for) Artifact B until you have assembled Artifact A. I think you know this since you have already started expeditions.

And then, there are artifacts that you assemble after the expedition has been successfully completed and you go to a special room. Again, you are led through the process step by step, by prompts on the right side of your screen.

Therefore, it would be impossible to collect all the parts of all the artifacts before assembling them.

Sometimes you can manage to collect a second complete artifact set as you play. You might as well assemble this for the experience and the coins because you won't be able to use it the next time (because you will again have to go through all the prompts).

With certain kinds of artifacts, though, you can save a complete set of unassembled components of an artifact until the offer comes around again. Usually, these are artifacts where you get the component pieces by helping creatures when you visit your neighbors (as with the current "Folder with Papers" artifact). But these are so easy to get that it isn't really worth saving them for next time.

This follows the pattern for most but not all of the offers. There are variations. Reading the thread for the offer is the best way to figure out how it works. If you have a question someone else has probably already asked it.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 11, 15 9:16 AM
"Peaches of Immortality" heh

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 10, 15 8:16 AM
Hi Neighbors,

I have been sick with some sort of evil bug so I haven't been playing hardly at all for the last few days. I think I managed to send out mass giftings but I'm not sure.

It looks like I'm recovering today so back to normal soon.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 9, 15 8:46 AM
Shirley913 wrote:I have been trying to assemble the monmure cake but need the cook's set. In the artifact tab it says cook's set and monmure cake are collected, so why do I still need to assemble the cake please?

If you are saying that it says you have them in your backpack, that is from when it was offered before and you can't use them now. You have to assemble them again at the time when the offer is active (now).

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 8, 15 5:51 PM
I wonder if the developers read these forums and hear how dissatisfied players are with the most current rooms and art work (and the terrible translations) and all the glitches that never get fixed and the ongoing desire for Japan to open, etc.

Do they care? Do they hire anyone who reads English to give them feedback? I wonder.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 7, 15 11:53 AM
tdskm wrote:wow! I hope to get one dragon at a time fed never mind two. now we all know one of those quests is not going to get finished and the dragon will have to be fed again if they want to finish the quest.

A lot of newish players don't realize that immediately after the expedition there is a room that probably has a four hour window to be completed.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 6, 15 3:27 PM
Booting for newbies

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 6, 15 3:12 PM
It's done, I did it, it's over, never again. I have the credit for assembling the artifacts and the trophy and that's all I need.

It wasn't as bad as the first time I tried (and failed) when it was offered before but I admit I bought a lot of the pieces that were in a particular mode. Now I know why I hoard my crystals. I just couldn't see slogging through one night mode after another or, OMG! trying to find things upside down!

I surprised myself at how many candy bits and things I could actually find, though. For the rest I had to use the Wiki pictures and that's time consuming. If not for the four hour limit making me all nervous I could have actually enjoyed this room.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 5, 15 10:31 PM
Xystus wrote:Finally got to 100! Congrats all recent century-ers!

Congratulations on reaching level 100, Xystus!

You have been breaking speed records on leveling up, I think.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 5, 15 5:32 PM
starmagicgreen wrote: You don't think they found Japan do you?

Are you suggesting that "Japan" is a code word for going into another dimension? Or possibly passing through a "portal" to another planet?

Cause I'm willing to believe.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 5, 15 3:33 PM
I think anyone under level 150 should let this one pass. You'll just waste a lot of valuable resources like I did the last time it was offered. Believe what everyone says and wait until next time, you won't regret it.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 3, 15 10:37 PM
I can't be the only one who thinks that the "electrical wiring" looks a lot more like one powdered sugar doughnut and one chocolate doughnut that Martha packed in a sack lunch for Andrew.

Maybe it's because I haven't eaten any sugary foods for the last month. I could be hallucinating.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 3, 15 1:15 AM
Yes, it is frustrating. I've been through the same experience more than once.

If it seems to me that the player just doesn't care about learning to have a successful expedition, then I feel that I don't want them as a neighbor. I want neighbors who will lead successful expeditions so that I can join in them and reap the benefits of participation. There are some items that are difficult or very expensive to come by in any other way. Plus, I want neighbors who are cooperative and communicative. Therefore, I delete that neighbor and try to find one who fits with my interests.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 2, 15 2:51 PM
I've noticed that the Betrayer's Mask has the swirly circle instead of a picture and all of it's component parts also have the swirly circle. Does this mean it isn't actually available at all?

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 2, 15 2:46 PM
When you change the mode about 75% of the time you will get the one you want by clicking on the same place that it was in before the "shuffle." This is more true for the regular mode than for the Ghost Mode.

If you don't get it in the same place, there will usually be a pattern as to how it moves. For instance, if it moved one to the left, it will probably move one to the left again the next time you shuffle.

Sometimes the pattern has two parts. For example, first it will move one to the left and the next one will be in the same place as before the shuffle. Then, on the third shuffle, it will move one to the left again.
Like this:
1 to the left (or right) => same place => 1 to the left (or right) => same place => etc.

Sometimes (but not usually) it is completely random and you don't get the one you want until the very last card no matter what you do.

Remember that it costs you 9 cards every time you shuffle.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 1, 15 4:30 PM
I remember there was one task where you have to chase away a ghost from your neighbor's place while visiting. Read the instructions carefully and see if that might be what you need to do.

If it is, you just visit one of your neighbors like you usually do and chase away either one of the ghosts that occur while visiting (either the white ghost or the Twilight Genie).

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 1, 15 11:40 AM
Ah, thank you, faery. You are so sweet to send me a pity post on my failed attempt at a communal message thread.
you =>
<= me crying
but actually laughing at myself ==>
<=== me being super cool
me being nonchalant ====>
<===== me watching the movie Noah
me yelling at ROM to just drop the dumb item already ======>

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 1, 15 1:55 AM

Congratulations, Crisgori.

It seems like just yesterday when you were a tiny, little newbie...

...and now you have crossed the threshold into ROM adulthood.

Only 1600 levels to go! Yay!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator