Posts created by Bluex

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 14, 16 6:51 PM
Now Bob, you are an old time player.. I can't believe you fell for them missing gloves. Oddly get out the wet noodle! .LOL! Bob re-read the restart thread you know the drill and get back to it...Lord my big mouth leaves for a few weeks and we have folks forgetting stuff and I here I thought it was just me.

edited to add. EEEEK, Oddly you are now some sort of Manta ray thingy.. Girl you dont stop do ya...YOU GO!!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 14, 16 6:41 PM
The Ipad verson was never updated in the least. If I recall level 42 was the end.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 10, 16 7:15 PM
Good grief GCP, you are there at 86 already! you go girl....Seemed just like yesterday.. lol but for me it all seems like yesterday..HA! I dont get on much any more as
Well my dang laptop finally gave up, gave in, gave out or what ever it does to make em stop working.. seems she was smarter than I was.
anyhoo my fancy daughter got me a new one (with my money of course). damn thing runs windows 10 and has set me back to the beginning. Lost all my spring gold and all my progress and big fish cant get it back, though they were nice enough. was fit to be tied. I cant play it no more proper but I do go and look at them messed up buildings. Poke at it with this pad on the keyboard as its got no mouse. I will never be able to do what I did but its still nice to poke and then get a quest on the side there. see the people going back and forth. takes me days to figure that one out. got good days been tending to my garden.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 3, 16 12:33 PM
That's why we voted her IN-House Muse 3 years in a row.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 3, 16 12:28 PM
I might be graveyard dead by the time you get an answer on that Oddly. Six months is a LONG time..lol..She was courteous though, I bet you she at least got her gold back and a coupon for another game. Just keep and eye for that Auntie Marge thread pop up with her name on it we will know then.. LOL...

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 29, 16 7:38 PM
I wish to inform you I will not be much help nor come on within the forum much longer. I have various health issues that have made me unable to play the game any longer nor for the most part actually rationally think as to what to say on here. It has become too tedious to write my thoughts and I end up having to erase and redo a bit too many times. I am tired. Not an easy thing for me to say but its the truth and I must resign myself to my present reality and you as my friends should truthfully know.
There is no sadness in this my friends its just another process we all, myself included must be dealt with, its part of life. it means we all must appreciate the little time we have and cling to each other warts and all for the time we do have and relish the feelings it creates. Either way this is not a good bye as I AINT DEAD YET! But a fond adieu to all of you. You have shared my joys, my aggravations, my tales (yes I saw the eye roll from my partner in crime Oddly) but most off all we shared some joyous times and the wonders of what kept us together in this game.
I am sure I will come in from time to time when I can and raise some cane offer a long winded explanation but that will be less and less frequent. I leave you in most excellent capable hands..
A most fond adieu to you my dear friends.

your friend Julian.

Alias BlueX

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 29, 16 6:20 PM
As in all things in life for the nuances. You find out the things you missed cause either you weren't ready to perceive of them at the time or not ready to understand them when you were there in the first place and were to busy to get to the next thrill in the game to pay attention.
Its the same as all in life processes. To put it plainer Its like reading a book or tale you know the ending to. Comfortable and an easy read with no surprises. Just the nuances you get to enjoy to the climax you know all about as you read it but can now appreciate those missed sentences as it were . Comfort as in one would find in an old warm blanket on a cold night or the warm hand of ones mother on your forehead as she says good night.
I will make it easier still for you Muttmom..
Use one word..
Escape.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 29, 16 1:07 PM
The game has become more challenging than we "old timers" learned with originally. Its was through trial and error and reading this forum did we come to understand how the game changed due to the glitches. Everyone that starts off WILL have to restart due to Margarets Gloves issue to get to the end, unless they have had the foresight, luck or understanding to read here first. That is a tall requirement right there.

Once having passed that hurdle the fact that one can lose objects and ruin the game becomes a bane on what is a wonderful relaxing game.

So the obvious is to and I can't stress it enough is to READ and think what its asking you to do and use your head and plan accordingly. That might take more effort than some people would like to put into a game but unfortunately its how this game now is and what one has to do to excel in it.

Either way the advanced forum search on the right--------------> has all the answers. It might take a couple of searches but between my long winded self, our wonderful Oddly and her lists and know how, our meticulous for detail tenacious TSue and more wonderful friends that I could list. All have left their marks, wisdom and love for this game and helping others in the answers listed. they are all written down here for you to use.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 29, 16 11:17 AM
The helpful links "folder" is #8 down from the top. Has a lock on it, click it to open. Once opened the best info is in the third "box" of items. (see link below)

Now as far as a restart. (see link below) If done properly and most everyone has so far. Is it guaranteed no , but the odds are great if you follow the simple instruction given and you will come out ahead.

you will keep coins, gold, collectibles, friends. All else is lost. So what do you do when given lemons, one makes lemonade or a good Daiquiri. Use up those things that you will lose such as food, stars, hammers, threads, etc etc etc. Use em up to load up on the things you can take. Primarily coins, gold and those collectibles that when you turn in give you the other resources you need. Such as stamps, hammers, etc, etc. Achievements will hit back to zero in a restart. So use your coins to buy anything you are close to achieving that will give you gold as you will lose that advantage.

Word of advice. the new game will be your own creation as you will choose paths that you did not have before. For instance lets say you decide since you have coins to upgrade the Antique shop before you gets quests to do so. Well that opens up some mini games before their time,or triggers quests you might not be able to do right away. Not the end of the world but one MUST read and think what its telling one to do.
What you do want to make sure you do is Open Atlanta with gold, so that when you get the gloves quest (levels with this hyper game will be meaningless due to the above paragraph) you make sure its open and go right away and take them gloves and be done with it. The rule of thumb for use it or lose it will apply so don't diddle nor daddle between getting the item and using it. Especially if its a one quest seek item that will take you to another scene to open.

Here is the link to the helpful links page:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285313.page

Here is the link for a proper restart (familiarize yourself with it and take your time reading it. Full of tips)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/541852.page

take your time and read so you don't make a mistake and have to restart yet again..The game can be touchy at times with the unfixed glitches. Good luck to you and above all enjoy the game.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 24, 16 6:13 AM
At that level you should have already done the missing paintings. If you have not we will need to force it by triggering the clues. In the AES collections make one full collection of any one you have. Once you turn the collection in you will get a clue as to what to do next. Search google for pinkrollsroycegames. That's an off BFG site that will have all the clues and help you along the way.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 23, 16 11:14 AM
Stop! Do know that the last puzzle piece is the WORST of the lot to drop. Take a deep breath, sit back and relax as it is grueling work. Teodi's nightmare is maddening. Do yourself a favor and google pinkrollsroycegames. (can't post address on here gainst the rules) There is a screen shot of the actual blueprint and the mini game one needs to play for the exact piece. Once you make sure you are playing for the correct piece at the correct mini game its just a matter of both fortitude and having the threads to play it. Over and over and over again till it drops.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. Teodi has a habit of bringing people here for help..

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 23, 16 6:01 AM
Ya see the more they put into it the more things can go wacky, and for what! Irritating BUGS!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 3:39 PM
LOL she is BACK!......That's the Oddly we know and love..lol! At least I had some laughs in here for a change. Well we did get some mod action. First time since last spring from the looks of it.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 3:00 PM
You are right Oddly it was intentional. But anything like that makes it easy for a bug to come out of it. We have seen cases on here of just that happening. Ticked some folks off.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 2:41 PM
Like we need a hall monitor to make us play the game. Seemed such a silly thing when most players wouldn't leave the game anyway as we were hooked. All it really did was penalize anyone needed to be somewhere else for a change and work one more possibility of a bug into the game. Which it did.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 2:37 PM
Never feel the fool, I win first prize all the time in that department in this joint. (raps tin can against the metal bars) . Ask and ye shall learn...

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 2:35 PM
TiramaSue wrote:blue - we don't need a list for Independence Day. The big event lasts 3 days and consists of 3 quests (1 per day) telling us to buy flags.

LOL I know, just I had never heard our Oddly say no to a list, any list, it was funny sarcasm .. Too funny though..

ps.. Do make sure to take Oddly's advice about taking it into PM with the foreign language help. Seen it before as it happened to me way back with Spanish. They seem to get a bee in their bonnet about certain things as we just found out again. One gets complacent and then outta the blue, BAM!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 12:20 PM
I for one never did understand the logic of the game days and the coin multiplier etc.. At this point I have had that thing reset so many times back to day 1 it makes no difference.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 12:17 PM
eeekkk! Our Oddly turned down making a list?? (((((((thud))))))) Blue didn't get to the oxygen quick enough and passed out! Someone quick she has been bodysnatched!!! Who ever you are give us back our Oddly...lol...

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 22, 16 4:54 AM
Alright.. Nothing to do with that box/crate on the wharf so leave it be. Now, if you have the cloth do know you must wipe the entire windshield till you can see the sky. Only then will the quest be done.

IMPORTANT: Google pinkrollsroycegames .On that site are step by step instructions on the subject along with picture shots of the actual screen showing what to do.

Good luck.

edited to add: Welcome to the forum.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator