Posts created by MonkeyCheese

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 7, 16 6:07 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 5, 16 12:06 PM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/840/663205.page

If you cut and paste the address above, it will take you to the ATTENTION DEVS thread.

That thread was started 1/20/16 and has grown to 43 pages.

This thread was started 12/15/15 and has a whopping 2 pages.

Makes you wonder what the mood is at MC.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 5, 16 12:03 PM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/622807.page

If you cut and paste the address above, it will take you to the "Thanks Devs" thread.

That thread was started 12/15/15 and has grown to a whopping two pages.

This thread was started 1/20/16 and has 43 pages. Hmmm??? Makes you wonder what the mood is like at MC.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 31, 16 8:01 PM
Rahia,

I only played HOSs in the Town.

I did not pay any attention to the Inventory Items that dropped so I can't compare them to my inventory. In general, I don't have massive amounts of inventory and the games being played are all at lower levels.

I don't think there are enough games in a "mini round" to constitute a large enough sample.

I had 3 columns. Games, Inventory and Coins/Shards. I made a hash mark in Games for each HOS I played and then a has mark whether it was an Inventory Item or Coins/Shards receoved.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 31, 16 7:35 PM
That should be Coins/Shards v. Inventory.

Sorry and Thanks

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 31, 16 7:02 PM
I just finished doing 100 HOSs. I kept track of the rewards and have the following results.

Coins 43/100 or 43%

Inventory 57/100 or 57%

That's considerably better than the 1 in 3 many of us had previously estimated.

Run your own test and list your results. Remember to clear out any open quests since rewards from quests are dictated by the Find Path and will skew the results.

I'm not promoting this as an argument for or against the new update. I just thought it would be good to actually have some real numbers to argue with either way.

Please, let's keep it neutral and report the facts only.

Thanks

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 29, 16 11:27 AM
Any activity that can get a post removed from the public forum also applies to PMs. If it was really that bad, you might want to consider reporting it to a Mod, as others have mentioned.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 28, 16 9:15 PM
Aurora378 wrote:Character Quests

BEFORE: Went to an HOS and had a 1/x chance of getting the item you needed, where x is the number of items the HOS could possibly drop

AFTER: 100% certainty; you get the item you need ... I like this!

WHERE USEFUL: For gifting. Obtain the object you need; if it is one of the "rare" items, gift it and get it again, gift it and get it again, etc.

The game has always given you the item a Character Quest requires.

For example, if you were trying to get the Polestar for the Harp in Blossoms and you went to the Belfry HOS you might get the Styx Charm to use in the Gnome Road Sign instead if another open Character Quest required something from there.

If you had no open Character Quests you had a 1/x chance of getting any item 100% of the time. Now you have a 1/x chance of getting any item only @30% of the time.

That's a huge reduction in Inventory received and definitely requires one or another of the workarounds you suggested. Thank God the Side Quests function like the Character Quests or we'd all be ripping our hair out.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 26, 16 7:52 PM
MonkeyCheese level 69

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 26, 16 8:06 AM
A fellow MCer PMd me suggesting I not feed the pets while I was trying to obtain them. I tried that and while I can't definitively say that's the reason, I did finally get the final pet on the third try.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 25, 16 12:44 PM
Bedazzles wrote:I have gotten all of the final 3 pets...they came out randomly, and once you received one it was no longer available in the chest. I received 2 of the pets then the pet food, then the final pet....now it just has pet food available. I was really surprised that I only had to open it 4 more times to get the 3 pets...

I got the first two pets the first and second time I opened the Ghostly Chest once the pets were available. The third and fourth time I got Pet Food. It is a little discouraging and I hope this does not continue.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 12:25 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 12:06 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 10:41 AM
I've seen several suggestions for the name of the new chests.

Highlight below to reveal my suggestion:

Sapphire

*************************************************************************************

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 5:02 AM
Bedazzles wrote:I have gotten all of the final 3 pets...they came out randomly, and once you received one it was no longer available in the chest. I received 2 of the pets then the pet food, then the final pet....now it just has pet food available. I was really surprised that I only had to open it 4 more times to get the 3 pets...

Thanks a bunch for your response.

Given the nature of the changes with this update, I feared that it would take forever to get the pets. Good to hear that's not the case.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 16 9:22 PM
Rahia wrote:A few tells:

Fire Dragon: When he jumps and breathes Fire
Test Location: Dark Portal Room of the Dark Tower
Chest: Blue/Platinum
(Only tested once)

Rainbow Dragon : Wings move Upward
Test Location: Dark Portal Room of the Dark Tower
(Only tested once)

Sea Serpent:
Test Location: Dark Portal Room of the Dark Tower, Castle Vicinity

Woolly Paws: Licks Lips (I think, I know the tongue was out both times when I clicked him)
Test Location: Dark Portal Room of the Dark Tower, Underground Grotto

I don't know what to call the chests so I'm going with Platinum but they really look blue to me. Also this may or may not work for you. It is just what worked for me. I do believe in more than one tell and sometimes it switches.

I infer from this post that you have acquired all the new pets. I assume you received them from the Ghostly Chest by acquiring the appropriate amount of keys.

In the post just ahead of this I had a question about how the pets were dispensed. Can you enlighten us on your experience?

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 16 9:13 PM
Bedazzles wrote:You have to open the the Ghostly Chest the first time to get the new item we will be working on(Portal Activator), then the 2nd time you open it you will get the Rainbow Dragon, then after that there are 3 new pets available in there as well as 5 exclusive pet foods.....

I'm a tiny bit confused. The first item from the Ghostly Chest is the Portal Activator. (Already received)

Once you get this, there's nothing you can do with it because that's part of the next update, right?

Next, you can get the Rainbow Dragon. (No questions about this)

Third, you can earn/win the last three pets and Exclusive Food.

My question re: the other pets, is this. Since they are proceeds from a Zoom Zone do they come out randomly? Is it possible that you could acquire 10 Wooly Paws before you get either of the other pets, or does the ZZ dispense them evenly, one after the other until you have all 3 pets and then only dispense Exclusive Food from then on?

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 16 2:51 PM
Myfishydog wrote:I did not do the update and have not been forced to yet. Two days now I have avoided it and I can play. Not like updates from before that won't let you play.
I am only at level 35 and maybe that is why???

Are you on a PC or some other platform. My experience is that there was no option; update or no play.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 16 11:08 AM
Linalie wrote: ...but it does help a few of us out...

I think that's the problem. Just a few benefit.

MC

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 1, 15 10:33 AM
I believe you are out of luck on cornucopias. They are only given as a reward for gifting and only during the event itself. If you gift now you will only get a post card. Sorry

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator