Posts created by dwdharvey

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 8:15 AM
Still PennyA2 just no spaces. I'm quite pleased with myself, I've already make a post. Well I think I did. Even managed to change the letter size, still trying to post a picture. You'd be proud of me gernespieler, it took longer to figure out the emojies.

See you guys on the other side.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 8, 18 8:25 AM
Chocolate Chip cookie dough.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 18 7:09 PM
Good news. I'm back with no problems, I was afraid I'd lose stuff. I have taken my list down as I have lots of gifts to catch up with. Thanks everyone for your patience and all gifts, hence the catch up. thanks again.

Penny A 2

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 11:00 AM
Hi guys! This is to let you all know to please DO NOT send gifts until further notice. I'm having computer problems and I have no idea when I will be back on line. Enjoy the SE I hope too see you soon. I hate to think that you are sending your gifts into cyber space.

Penny A 2

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 18 9:37 AM
I took the saddle bag that Imp handed me, taped a note to Mr. T's shell and sent him shuffling off to find Sol. We were just entering the stable, when Ayla stepped in front of us. She had her travelling bag in her hand and stared down at us. " I go." She turned and strode to the door and mounted her war horse.

I looked at Imp. " That either means, she's coming with us or leaving on her own." I snuck a peek out the door to she if she was still there, I guess the ground not trembling was a sign that she was still here and waiting. " Let's get a move on, we don't want to keep her waiting." I rolled my eyes at Imp, not a second later we heard a shrill neigh and two large black feet hit the ground. Our smiling faces instantly changed and we raced for our horses. It's not that we are afraid of Ayla, she won't hurt us but it was fun teasing her. I guess that's her way of getting back at us.

We headed out of camp, the sun on our shoulders and a cool breeze urging us forward. It didn't take much to get the horses running full tilt, hopefully we wouldn't be turned back. We really wanted to do everything we could to help find a cure for that horrible poison.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 18 9:06 AM
I put my knitting down when the door quickly opens, cool wind accompanies Imp and Smoke as they rush in, "Where's the fire?" the words tumble out of her mouth so fast that I hold my hand up. "Take a deep breath and start from the top."

I'm on my feet by time Imp finishes the story. " Don't blame yourself, we all knew the book was there. But you were the only one to seek out the person who could help. So kudos to you. So what's our plan?" I didn't wait for an answer but started pacing considering our options. " Do you think we should wait, or follow ilreth?" My mind in a tizzy thinking about the book, I'm all for charging ahead but my gut says wait. I turn to Imp, "Any thoughts?"

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 28, 18 8:28 AM
You waited for me when I decided to stop playing along with other friends, so you will be staying right where you are until I hear that you have definitely left the building.

Penny A 2

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 18 4:51 PM
Hope you have a trouble free move, Doc. I'll wait till my next appointment before asking for a change in medication. Not strong enough.

Penny A 2

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 26, 17 8:36 AM
Hopefully the Snowman with the Top hat but I'll probably get the Egg achievement before that. I still need a dozen eggs but I don't work at the achievements like a lot of people. Now that I'm this close, I am actively working on it. My dice avatar is a long way off for everybody, same goes for shards the list is long. I'm in for the long haul, so not concerned.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Penny A 2

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 14, 17 10:23 AM
I hope everything goes well for you Randy and you are back on your feet (and new knees) soon. It's been a crappy year for you and I know we all wish we could do something to make it all right but all we can do is send our love and positive thoughts. Take it from a fellow Canadian, enjoy your break from all the snow, it's pretty to look at but not so nice to drive in.

Take care of yourself, we'll be waiting for you. Wishing you and your sister a Merry Christmas and a much better New Year.

Sgt. Penny and Mr. Tuttles

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 4, 17 9:37 AM
We'd been riding for a little more than an hour and a lot of that at a fair clip but now the horses were more settled for the hunt. We started scouting the area, the well trained horses knew to stay here until we came back for them. Nothing was worse than having a target in sight and your horse nickering a greeting.

The first mile passes with nothing, no tracks, spoor or rustling underbrush. It was a bit unusual but not unheard of so on we went, eyes scanning the ground listening for the slightest sound and finally we were rewarded. Off in the distance, we could hear the peculiar bugle of a mature elk but that wasn't the only sound. A series of grunts and low guttural sounds accompanied it. I looked at Ayla, " What do you think." She listened for a few seconds. " Stag is being pursued by big predator. " I looked at Imp and thought, we already figured that out but what.

Keeping our weapons ready, we slowly started off in that direction thankful that the wind was in our favor. The animal sounds had tapered off but you could definitely hear scrambling through the dense brush. There happened to be some nice climbing trees near by so we decided to use them to our advantage until we were sure what was coming our way. Nicely camouflaged, we waited. It seemed like forever when we finally saw what was making all the noise. A large stag with an impressive rack limped into view. It's front leg held at an odd angle could be a break or dislocation but it was not good for mighty animal. Head hanging, sides heaving the pain ridden stag waited for the end. We weren't going to let that majestic animal suffer any longer, silent signals were quickly sent and we held our bows at the ready. Before we could release our arrows, it's large head lifted and he looked all us in the eye as if to say he was ready. A few seconds later, it was done.

I stood beside the elk gently laid my hand between his eyes and wished him peace on his journey. As we moved around him, we noticed that his other side had been ripped almost through to the ribs. I was amazed he made it this far but unfortunately for us, he left a trail of blood for the claw wielding predator to follow.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 28, 17 5:51 PM
I run the curry comb over Midnight's coat and notice it's starting to get a bit thicker. The seasons are changing again, I thought. Where does the time go. I lead him out the door into the fresh air and tightened his girth one last time before I mount up. I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to our outing until I actually got in the saddle. I was so ready for a good gallop to clear the cobwebs and I'm sure Imp could use a good run too. Her color was already better and just being around Karis brought a smile to her eyes. Oh, my mistake, looks like another argument between the two of them, that animal sure knows how to push the girl's buttons. Between Karis, the Queen and Smoke, Imp's life just got a little more. I want to say busy but maybe more exciting and never a dull moment. If that doesn't bring her out of her shell, nothing will.

I smile at her as she gets a little closer. " Are you ready to blow the cobwebs away. " Just then Ayla slides to a stop in front of us, neither one of them are even breathing hard. " I know I am, lets bag a big buck or two for Opel. " The three of us kicked up a lot of dust as we left the camp at a fast gallop and quite possibly let a few whoops escape too. The day was ours.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 24, 17 9:40 AM
After the morning meal we head to the stables. Ayla wants us to give her and Noble Warrior a bit of time out first as he hasn't been ridden since his injury. We didn't think it was necessary but Ayla insisted and who's gotten to argue with the woman. Not me.

So we obediently waited by the door of the stable, we could hear scrambling, kicking and banging but not one curse word was spoken. Noble Warrior came out the door on his hind feet, a long rope around his neck and holding on to the end, was Ayla. She stood in place well away from the flying feet, easily controlling the black beast. Now I'm glad she wanted us to wait, this activity would certainly set our horses off.

I looked closer at the woman's face and see the pleasure she was feeling, each to their own I guess. I for one would not enjoy having my arm torn off by the towering brute. A few minutes later, Alya jumped aboard and the rearing began again. It didn't last long and it might have been a command given by the rider but it was still a sight to see. Ayla gave a yell and they did a move with all four feet in the air and when they touched the ground they thundered towards the open spaces. The long black mane, tail and the feathering on his legs flying behind him giving the illusion that his feet weren't even touching the ground. The pounding hooves on the hard ground told you that they were definitely hitting the ground and hitting it hard.

So Imp and I sat on the bench by the door and waited........

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 22, 17 8:37 AM
I put my empty cup on my plate and gathered up all my utensils, one rule at the mess hall is that you clean up after yourselves. There are no ' wait ' services here. Placing everything in the tub, I turned to Ayla but she was gone, for such a large person, she moves like a cat. Oh well, I'll catch her later. With my hand on the swinging door of the kitchen, thoughts clearly not on what I'm doing, Ayla exits. Quick reflexes keep me from being a heap on the floor. She puts a wrapped package in my hand, " Something for the young one. "

Still a little off center, I watch her head for the door, nodding to those who greet her. Don't get me wrong, Ayla's a lovely person but I had no idea that she even talked to anyone but Imp and myself. Even then, she doesn't carry on a long conversation, which suited me just fine.

I peeked in on Imp when I got home and found her sound asleep, Smoke curled up beside her. Though she had tear tracks down her cheeks her expression was peaceful. I placed the food on the night stand for later and pulled the corner of the blanket over her shoulder. "Rest well, my friend." I turned to Smoke. " You too big fella. " Leaving the door ajar for Smoke I headed for my own room, it has been a very emotional day.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 15, 17 8:33 AM
It was the most beautiful ceremony I had ever seen, no big fanfare just a quiet respectful goodbye to their fallen warriors. I felt honored to be part of it, even though we could not understand the words we could certainly understand the intent. These beautiful beings were laid to rest with the utmost care, love and respect befitting of this magical place. I bowed my head and reached for Imp's hand, I knew this was hitting her the hardest. I wanted her to know that she wasn't alone.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 12, 17 8:25 AM
With dry eyes and a heavy heart, I follow the others in front of me. Occasionally holding up my robes to keep from tripping on the white ' carpet ', it was a quiet march broken up by only by the sound of a deep sigh or a small sniffle. I could hear Ayla still chanting her mourning prayer and that was only because she was directly behind me I doubted that anyone else heard her. I found it comforting even though I had no idea what she said, it was enough to bring a bit of peace to my aching heart.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 7, 17 12:26 PM
I wrap my arm around Imp's shoulders, "Let's go home. A nice cup of tea, is what we need." I steer her towards our cabin, I can already feel her strength coming back. She's been through a lot but she's a tough little thing, she'll conquer this as well. But then again, we have no choice but to accept what card fate has dealt us.

I added a log to the fire while Imp filled the kettle and placed it over the flame, reaching for the cups and tin of tea I peeked over my shoulder to see her using the poker to arrange the new log. We drank our tea in silence but it was a comforting type of silence sitting side by side our shoulders touching for moral support. Bertie hovering around our heads softly chirping his own brand of comfort. Soon our cups were empty and we set about preparing ourselves for the ceremony with the Elves. Still not a word spoken but we didn't really need to there was nothing to say that would change things.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 1, 17 9:36 AM
Personally, I never forget anything in the game. I make a point to give my gifts at the appropriate times, when I'm in the Castle area I always spin the wheel in Trina's slash Apollo's room. Spin the wheel of fortune when I get there, see I forget nothing.

Oh, you mean like collecting ghosts, remembering what DQ I'm doing, enter my room to collect butterflies, spin the WOF again when I see it and end up spending coins because I didn't bother to check if it was costing me anything. Well, I guess I do forget some things. But all in all my, my, my umm. What was I saying. Oh, yes I remember nothing. Sorry typo, I remember everything.

Penny A 2

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 29, 17 7:09 PM
It broke my heart when I heard the news about Robyn, it was a shock to say the least.
She will be missed that's for sure and she never snickered when we traded dog stories. I had three Chihuahuas at the time, thanks for that Robyn. Rest in Peace lovely lady.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 29, 17 6:26 PM
Mr. T and I had just closed the cabin door when the howling began. I usually try to NOT to listen to what goes on in my head, especially when it doesn't concern me but this was something that caught my immediate attention. Without thinking, I sit down thankfully my trusted friend is still close. Shocked, I can't believe it I said to Tuttles, it's got to be a mistake. It seemed like just yesterday that she showed me some tracking methods and I just trimmed the vines going up her treehouse. I figured she be back. Now what will we do. Slowly standing, I walked to the window not really seeing anything but when my eyes cleared, I noticed the Queen open her wing to let the MG in. She gently closed it around the two shielding them from sight. I don't know how long I stood there watching the trio, there was nothing I could do to lighten their grief so I slowly moved to the fire and picked at the burning logs. With a heavy heart, I sat on my chair, covered my face with my hands and let the tears fall.

Ayla stood at the stable door, she knew something had happened but not knowing she asked a passing worker. She was told that the best tracker in camp was no longer with us. She hadn't met Apollo but she had heard enough to know that she would have made a great Amazon Warrior. She opened one of her saddlebags and began marking her body with symbols to show respect to a fallen Warrior. She walked out to join the rest of the camp in mourning, her large sword laid across her rune covered arm softly reciting a ceremonial chant.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator