Posts created by nocindy

posted in Wanderland on Dec 7, 17 7:47 AM
Wanderland Issue - Using rubies to purchase items to fulfill a quest.

My Player ID is 42401 in Wanderland, played on a Windows 10 PC at level 76.

My problem is this morning about 9:35 (ish) 12/7/2017, I needed some pink shells and since the ship hasn't arrived as it used to unless you call and pay for it, I thought I would try it again after not doing so since it stopped arriving on its own.

I called and paid $1000 (I believe) for doing it. I had two (2) of the three (3) required items needed but had to provide three (3) Silver Necklaces which would be found in the "Windmill". I didn't have enough grain for one visit let alone a minimum of three tries, so I bought 30 (thirty) bags of grain to see if I could accomplish this task without further expense. However, after paying for Thirty (30) bag @ 9 rubies per 10 bags, a total of 27, they did not show up in my inventory, so I tried once more and still they weren't added.

After spending my precious rubies and dollars to fill the ship and couldn't do so because the grain didn't show in inventory, feeling frustrated I paid to buy the necklaces in the ship. I can't recall exactly the cost of that transaction in rubies, but am sure you would have that information.

What I would like to know is if I can recoup some of the cost I paid to fill the ship. Also, I have bought items before as recently as this morning before this problem and didn't have this issue. I would be grateful for any assistance you can give me. If you need further information, please contact me. If you need my email address, I will be happy for send it but I believe you can get that information from my Player ID.

Thank you in advance,
nocindy Player ID 42401

posted in Wanderland on Jun 23, 16 11:36 AM
Thank you Turalyon for the the information to clarify the problem!

posted in Wanderland on Jun 23, 16 11:33 AM
Hi bi1fai,

I have copied & pasted the following thread here for your convenience, but if you read further down on the forum threads, you will notice there is a resounding similar theme regarding "Quests"!

They require too many resources and take much too much time to accomplish as you level up in the game. I have run into this brick wall several times since the last update and it doesn't get any easier as the drop rate for needed items has decreased.

Long story short is they want you to spend money in order to purchase items to finish quests, at least that is the opinion of many here, just saying!

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Jun 22, 16 4:02 AM
Turalyon wrote:
Does anyone have trouble with the gremlins?

I have two quests, one wants a will-o-wisp, the other a smoke bottle. I have so far banished around 20 gremlins, both with and without a luck potion, but neither item has dropped yet

I think Gremlins are a global problem, if I remember rightly it took forever when I had 2 quests requiring the will-o-wisp & 1 for the smoke bottle all in a row. I've just had 3 consecutive quests requiring the false mirror, the 1st took 1 try, 2nd 30+ tries & the 3rd I'm on at least 15 & now run out of sprayers & perfume. It not only Gremlins, I've had around 30 attempts to get an Elfin coin, no problem in the past but now ?????

posted in Wanderland on Jun 23, 16 8:48 AM
Hi Hillstown5string,

Run a Dr. Felix Report and submit any information to the Tech Dept. I lost Midnight Castle for the 3rd time with the last update and due to the large amount of information re: Achievements, inventory, etc, am still working on getting them what I can recall so they can reconstruct my game.

You won't get everything back, you lose things but you will gain some as well. You just have to stay on top of them and "ANSWER' their first reply even if it is to say you submitted the information. If you don't respond within 48 -72 hours, you're out of luck unless you push back hard.

It's worth a try, you will at least get your level back etc. Good luck.

cindy

posted in Wanderland on Jun 22, 16 11:58 AM
I have just sent another Dr. Felix report to the techs. The issues reported are the growing frequency of receiving "Connection to server lost! Quit / Retry" and the fact that the screen other than the HOS and Portals turn into squares of black and white. I reported the B&W problem a few days ago but the Server issue although it happened once, I didn't report it with the original report. But whatever is going on is happening at a higher rate and has already happened several times today. Last night I cleaned my pc and defragged it to see if it would help. It hasn't; and now I am starting to worry I will lose my game!

I have already lost my Midnight Castle game 3 times and I'm not even sure I want to continue with that one due to the large project of trying to get the techs enough information for them to try and reconstruct it once again, losing items, etc. I was on the highest level at the time I lost it with quite a bit of inventory, etc. - massive migraine just thinking about it!

FYI: I play on a Windows 10 PC

posted in Wanderland on Jun 22, 16 10:45 AM
I think I was on level 3 as well, at least as best I can recall. But the quest is sleeping now and I can't recall what it was. Perhaps to finish the HOS in a cursed mode, I've had a few of those of late. Anyway, thanks for the info, and I will keep on keeping on playing it and see what happens but in the meantime I have others that need mucho inventory much like the Mill deal. I'm beginning to wonder how much more each quest is going to require. I almost makes me hesitant to gift too much of certain items. That said, some friends have been generous and I have in turn often gifted a last item to someone who has been generous with me! One hand feeding the other!!

Oldboyracer wrote:Hi cindy, I had the same problem, Turalyon thought the same as me that you had to be on level 3 to put a curse on but I was on level 3. Now up to 4 but haven't had a try cursing yet, it'll have to wait until I need to curse for quests.

posted in Wanderland on Jun 21, 16 6:00 PM
I posted this earlier on the wrong thread!

I FINALLY, after about 5 more tries, got the "ELUSIVE CERAMIC PITCHER"!!! You were about right with your calculations!

I have another question, but I'm going to post it in another thread about cursing the new Tower!

cindy

posted in Wanderland on Jun 21, 16 5:51 PM
Ah so true, but there's no guarantee you'll get what you want or need unless you buy them. I kinda messed up and confused you with someone else when I mentioned the calculations, but that's normal for me!

Anyway back to your problem and somewhat of the similarity to the one I had. I like you had to get 10 bags of grain for each entry into the Mill. If I had to pay for them, that would be 9 rubies for 10 bags and multiply that by say 25+ times (say about 27) that would add up to about 278 rubies costing about $30.00 cash money.

Now you can wait for the ship to bring you the gremlin perfumes you need or you can buy them. But now you need the perfume spray bottles to use them and the only way you can get them is 1) try cursing an HOS and hope you get one by completing it, but that's no guarantee you'll get them that way. 2) You could buy them with coin or spend actual cash if you can't afford the coin from the game, but there is #3! Play the Tavern game and more often than not you have more control over what you get and perfume spray bottles are pretty common to be found there. More common than the cannonballs I just had to collect (about 20) for a ship that had shells I needed.

With help from some friends, and playing the Tavern game, I was just able to finish collecting enough without using energy or coin. Granted, it takes longer but unless you want to spend money, it is the best way I have found to get what I need.

Ok, so you're probably tired of reading this and want to tell me... and I don't blame you! I was just trying to offer a suggestion and now I have and I will leave you to maybe find another, easier and faster way to work out your problem! Best of luck and I hope I haven't annoyed you, that wasn't my intention, I only wanted to try to help! Now I'll be on my way.

Best wishes and hoping you find a way to resolve your gremlin problem!

cindy

posted in Wanderland on Jun 21, 16 11:32 AM
Great news, with the help of some friends and about 5 more tries along with a little Luck Potion, today I finally got that ever elusive pitcher!

It's only taken several weeks, about 25+ tries, all the bags of grain I had (by the way you might want to know, while working on it, reached a higher level and needed 11 bags instead of 10), and a little Luck Potion to get the deed done. Thank you to all who sent me bags of grain! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!

cindy

posted in Wanderland on Jun 21, 16 11:23 AM
I want to thank all my new friends who accepted my invitation and to those who brought "Welcome/Housewarming Gifts, thank you so much!

I am keeping track of gifts going both ways but we all know with the limit of 10 per day and all needing basically the same things, it might take longer than I like to reciprocate, but I most definitely will, I promise!!

Normally, I wouldn't have invited so many at once and honestly, I was trying to keep friends to a manageable number, except I need to meet the number to make the Friend Accomplishment. Once I have done that, and hopefully I will do so within a few days, so long as I don't receive many rejections, I will keep a close watch to see who are keeping their wish lists blank, appear to have quit, or are takers only and will start to pare down the number.

If you wish to be removed or kept (just in case I delete you by accident), send me a message and I will follow your wishes, but I do plan to keep you all! Just letting you know!

Thanks again and Happy Wandering!
cindy

posted in Wanderland on Jun 21, 16 10:55 AM
I had a quest but needed to curse the Watch Tower and wasn't able to do it. I had enough to curse all the HOS etc, but no matter what, I couldn't curse the Tower and still haven't been able to, so that quest is taking a nap for now.

Has anyone had this problem? Do you have to be at a certain level in the Tower to be able to curse it? That's the only answer I could come up with. I would be curious to know if anyone had an answer.

Thanks in advance!

cindy

posted in Wanderland on Jun 21, 16 6:23 AM
Hi Turalyon,

I have posted re: a somewhat similar problem, titled "Lost My Mind..."

Here is a small piece of the post. You can read the complete one if you wish, but this is the gist of the part that may have pertinence to your question.

I've been getting some quests that I have fulfilled but get the same one back again right away. Also I have at least one now in particular that no matter how many bags of grain I have received as gifts or spent days collecting to enter the mill, I can't for the life of me get the stupid ceramic pitcher! I believe I have tried at least 15 times using over 150 bags of grain in the last few days and still nothing. What is killing me is that I have 8 of the elusive things in my Collections.

Add a few more attempts since and still no luck!!!

cindy

Turalyon wrote:Does anyone have trouble with the gremlins?

I have two quests, one wants a will-o-wisp, the other a smoke bottle. I have so far banished around 20 gremlins, both with and without a luck potion, but neither item has dropped yet

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 7:04 PM
Hi sophies_mom!

The reason The Watch Tower is easier and uses less energy right now is because it is new, but once you start leveling up, as in the other HOS, it will cost more just as the others.

What I meant was I have almost been solely playing the Tavern for over a week except once in awhile, as the quests I have active are inventory eaters and costly without much return. But to be clear, I have noticed that more often the cards will show up on the first scene or the second, you just maybe have to wait a few seconds for them to appear and look closely, they are often in the same locations for a few times!

What I HAVE noticed however is that it is much easier to get the cards from the Watch Tower. (Which I know uses energy, but when I get frustrated with the portals, the Watch Tower is rewarding - and right now, for me, it uses a lot less energy than any of the other HOS.)

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 6:50 PM
Feel free to add me! I play as "cindy keeps a list" to let friends know I give when I can and keep track of who, what, and when. With so many needing similar items and only allowed 10 per day, please be patient, I will get to you eventually!

Also my ID is 42401 and I play on a PC!

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 6:30 PM
I have also been playing on a Windows 10 PC but have found several problems with this last update (many have already been reported and a few others I haven't seen) and I have sent a Dr. Felix with several attachments.

That said, I have been playing Midnight Castle even longer and at the highest level when the upgrade was rolled out in May and for the third time completely lost my game. My Inventory and Achievements were immense at the time of loss and trying to compile a list as best I can of what I lost (even though I tried my best to keep an accounting) I am wondering if it is even worth the effort again! The fact I can't even play a new game using a shortcut, because the App won't start the game and because it completely freezes after a few moments; I have been hesitant to deal with having to wait for well over a month as I did the last time they tried reconstructing it. You would think after so many issues they would have a data file that has all the info without us having to basically do the work giving them an approximate list and still be short of significant items and achievements.

Time for me to get off my soapbox now! Sorry for bending your ear, I guess I am more frustrated than I thought. Believe it or not, I am a pretty even-keeled person!

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 5:52 PM
To Oldboyracer

It is greatly appreciated and I hope everyone feels the same.

I understand we are all pretty much trying to receive many of the same objects and at the same time making it difficult to reciprocate in a timely manner.

I too keep a listing of everything I receive, when and if, I have returned the favor, but as you said with the 10 item limit, plus needing to have enough to give, it has become an exercise in futility. I just make a note in my name that I am keeping a list so my friends will know I am a "giver" and not just a "taker!" At times I have even requested items my friends need if I feel they have been waiting, in my opinion, longer than they should!

You seem like my type of person, so I will send a request to be friends and hope you will accept me, but don't feel pressured! I would dislike that more than the friend requests from the "Takers," if you get my meaning!

cindy 42401

Oldboyracer wrote:

It's nice to know that help is appreciated. It seems to get easier as you go up the levels, probably just more experience & less panic. If I've got it, all can have it but unfortunately limited to 10 a day. As the gift counters a bit sporadic I keep a log of gifts sent & received & try to repay gifts that I get.

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 5:31 PM
Thank you Oldboyracer for that info, I must admit it has taken its toll on my patience. I know it takes several tries more often than not to get what is needed and they all seem to be the higher priced objects or something you need, i.e., grain or beads etc., to even enter before you can try!

I am about Level 78, but until this last update haven't had this much trouble. Guess they just want to tempt us to buy rubies and coin to get through and unhappily I have frustrated myself enough to do just that!

I guess I have about 5 + more tries before expecting to finish off this quest! Grrr!

Thanks again!

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 5:18 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed how much faster and easier it is to find the cards the more you play the "Tavern Game?"

I've been in "The Mill purgatory" for days trying to get the "Elusive Ceramic Pitcher" using over 150 + bags of grain, "Hand of God" and anything else available to finish this quest without any luck. In my Collection set, I have 8 of them, but for some reason it just won't give me the one needed for the Quest!

As I was saying, rather than use energy to try and gather 10 bags of grain, I've been using the Tavern game to acquire the bags and while doing so, I have noticed I have been able to get through the portals faster and for the most part can locate the cards usually on the first scene. I just thought it was interesting and wondered if any one else had the same experience. It sure has made my life easier and less aggravating trying to get that darn Pitcher!!

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 4:57 PM
BUMP UP!!!

posted in Wanderland on Jun 19, 16 2:12 PM
I am cindy ID# 42401 and I play on a Windows 10 PC. Since the last update I've been having some problems. I also have major ones I will report next re: Midnight Castle since the May update separately!

1.) For now re: Wanderland, my screen background will partially turn black in squares after playing for awhile. The characters, locations, animations and portals are fine, it is only the background. (2 Screenshots attached)

2.) I've been getting some quests that I have fulfilled but then get the same one back right away. Also I've had at least one or more quests that are nearly impossible to achieve without spending way too much money and I've already poured more than I can afford to into this game. For example, I now have one in particular that requires a "ceramic pitcher" but no matter how many bags of grain I have received as gifts or spent days collecting, to enter the mill, I can't for the life of me get that stupid ceramic pitcher! I believe I have tried at least 15 times using over 1500 bags of grain in the last few days and still nothing. What is killing me is that I have 8 of the elusive things in my Collections.

I can't remember if ones you had were counted towards completing a quest before, or if I'm remembering wrong. Also, it seems it takes many more tries to get some of the items you need for a quest and not the lower cost ones. Has anyone noticed this?

3.) Last thing, at least for now, I activated "The High Priest Collection" the other night and should have received 300*/energy, 7 Rubies, 5 Eyes of ****, and 5 Flail and Crooks, but got nothing! Has anyone had this problem? Just asking before I make a report which I am going to do now.

4.) Sorry, one last thing, maybe it's me, but has anyone else noticed disappearing inventory items?

5.) I knew I'd forget some things, so add some of the problems from previous reports to this one!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator