Posts created by JeffSteer

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 1, 17 7:57 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!!
From JeffSteer (Shelley) & Jelley&dogs (Jeff) from Ontario Canada!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 24, 17 1:55 PM
No that is not true...Jeff never sent a PM. I sent you two in game letters from Jeff"s side at the same time as the gift was sent, just so you would find the humour in it so you wouldn't jump to a negative conclusion... but you did. Did you not read any of them? I'm lost on how you can totally overreact over a stupid free gift to the point of deleting me. Both letters were sent immediately after sending gift & totally as a friendly gesture. They were full of LOLs & happy faces... and you still thought i was being mean to the point of sending a public post & deleting me. As i noted before the forum has become too serious. I have always been good to you, always, as i am with all my neighbours & friends. I go out of my way to be a good friend. I have never been mean to anyone.You misunderstood. I would have sent a PM about this to you but why should i since you took it upon yourself to write the forum(10 hrs after i wrote you) to publicly make me look like i was being vindictive. To quote you "JeffSteer, i read your message loud & clear"... but you could have sent a PM like others did saying OMG what did you do to Desp1na? I am so done! I have spent hours crying over this... i don't need this drama. Read before you judge. Think before you go public. Now you get the joke? Now...

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 24, 17 4:10 AM
Desp1na can you plz repost what you wrote to me & then deleted....i read it...ok?

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 22, 17 5:38 PM
And i luv you too CLM!..you also are so sweet! I truly am blessed with the best neighbours! I mean, what do they say, quality vs. quantity! It's so true.
In a nutshell, regarding a symbol...i was only suggesting that a symbol is a lot less complicated than a blank list that now the player has to search for flints & ores to send...which only us "oldtimers" know about. Basically leaving the new players rather bewildered as what to send. If it was me i would see a blank WL as not wanting anything, so i would send nothing or just a free charge. Putting a symbol in takes no time & the gifter can then include your name with the player they sent the last free gift to. Not all of us want flints & ores so i'm just suggesting we define what we want. A blank WL should not confuse & if you want a specific charge then post it. Other than that i still feel a symbol asking for any freebie is easier to understand....ZZZZ!! Wake up Jeff! LOL.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 22, 17 4:39 PM
I just totally luv you glca!! You're just so sweet!
And now i've got to send you flints & ores?!! Did i ever put my foot in my mouth... actually both feet (does that mean i have small feet or a big mouth?)LOL...xoxo

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 22, 17 4:05 PM
Yes the original post was from me (Shelley) as i was just suggesting an alternative to having to list an individual charge on your WL when in fact you have so many already. I wasn't suggesting that players can't ask for specific charges but rather just add to the list of freebies a symbol that represents "send me any freebies so i don't get inundated with 1 specific charge". It was just a thought to make it easier for players that basically have all the charges they need however they don't want to just list artifacts on their WL ...i tend to do that & worry that i may look greedy unless i list a freebie or "god forbid" i list nothing then i end up with a zillion flints & ores LOL. I did delete due to negative PMs from players that either read it too fast or read between the lines. Personally give me a good old fashioned phone call so i can hear the tone of voice then i'm happy, there's no confusion or misunderstanding, etc.
What happened to the good old forum where everyone could banter, suggest, discuss & still have a good chuckle? I miss those times, it seems the forum has gotten a bit too serious for my taste...
Bet i have confused even more players now LOL.
P.S...plz. no negative PMs as it's purely just a suggestion. I'm not going to please everyone...it's just a thought. Then of course maybe it's easier for me to suggest since i only have approx. 60+ wonderful & awesome neighbours who i like to help as much as i can...(& also finding flints & ores take much longer than sending a common charge)

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 10, 17 3:31 PM
Hi Chaoslilly.
I'm not a neighbour of yours but feel that we share a wonderful and yet heartbreaking bond. My heart goes out to you and to let you know that you (and i) have been blessed with having such a wonderful friend, so innocent, trusting, forgiving... a friend that most can only wish for. I lost Mojo 3 years ago (also 16) and i still can't say her name or look at a picture without "losing it". Yet i know i was blessed to have her in my life. She was my best friend, she didn't judge, she knew all my deepest secrets and she can never be replaced. Take your time and remember all the good memories as with dogs there never is bad ones. Again i am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. Shelley

"Dogs are not our whole life but they make our lives whole"...Roger Caras

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 22, 17 5:05 PM
What a wonderful thread Tosca! It's nice to read that no matter how high your level or time playing the game that we still just don't know everything. It has been so enlightening and humorous! I too didn't know about the drag til i was over level 200, also i wasn't aware of the forum (which has been a wonderful source of information), i was still playing with the magnifying glass as i wasn't aware you could change it but one of my biggest "finds" was finding the explore button rather than constantly going to the cellar instead of the dungeon when told to go to the basement. What a time saver that was. I also just recently became aware that when i was asked to "buy" that i should check the store to see if the item was available in coins rather than crystals as requested. I can't even count how many crystals i wasted. LOL.
This thread has just made us realize that we are all capable of doing the "dumbest" things. Thanks again Tosca.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 10, 17 7:39 PM
Thank you to all my wonderful neighbours who contributed to my Viking expedition! I'm sorry that i didn't see everyone who helped as it finished so quickly...I'm blessed to have such great neighbours. I wish i could have sent a personal in-game message so i hope you get this message.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Thx also to the players i did see!
LINDSYAXELSON
RHEACH
VERNONIA
xoxo

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 1, 17 4:45 AM
When i send in-game mail i have always minimized the game screen then i click in area for neighbours name, typed their name til they come up, i then clicked on their pic which then a blank letter would pop up so i could write them....it was faster than clicking thru all my neighbours til they came up. I just fluked on a much faster way to mailing...I sure that many of you know this way but I hope it will help a few players.
All I did was click on the "visit" that is on each neighbours picture at bottom of screen (don't minimize screen) & then click on the mailbox. That's it. So quick!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 31, 17 3:38 PM
I thought i would voice my concerns on a thread rather than write the "technical support team" since i feel the Mods seem to (for the lack of a better word) police & read the forum posts & respond to them faster than if you address your issues to the Techs.
I would like to know why there isn't a better way of knowing a fellow neighbour has put in an expedition & has asked for help unless you restart the game?
Isn't there a better way of letting us know while playing the game?.... just like the in-game mailbox tells you when you have mail. It would help our neighbours avoid failed expeditions & my failed competitions, avoid writing 100 neighbours for help, avoid checking forum every few minutes, avoid problems with some players that find reloading can be an issue & often takes forever to get back in. In general, it would make it easier for both/all neighbours regarding expeditions.
I feel that it should be an easy fix since there seems to be no problems with telling me the expedition has been fed or it has failed.... right when i'm in the middle of a competition or duel (which only gives 14 secs per round), so i now have to collect my "little brown" box & clear it while i end up going from first place to last place or i'm in the middle of a room & can't pause so the clock runs out & i have to do the Ghost again! I mean, seriously, you can't inform me AFTER i have finished my competition? What if i am in a guild??!!
Can you not just "stick it" in my mailbox for me to sort later?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 20, 17 8:38 PM
Probably the dumbest thing i feel i have done playing this game is when i went to help a neighbour with their expedition & put a total of 15 in food (the fruit basket) just to hold it & then went to buy elixirs to help more since there was only 23 times to feed. I couldn't believe when after their expo came through(& i had a brown chest) that i had totally forgotten about them & didn't purchase any elixirs! I felt terrible! I obviously looked like a total cheapskate or it looked like i was being totally rude! Also the awful part about it was that i had no idea who it was since i had helped several neighbours & when an expo goes through it doesn't give you the player's name only shows a picture of their expo dragon! Because of this i couldn't even write them to explain or apologize so all i do now is keep on checking my neighbours' list to see if anyone abruptly deletes me LOL... I mean, seriously, how stupid can i be?...and looking like a meanie at the same time!!
DUH!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 4, 17 2:15 PM
No problem Rumbi.... happy to help! Since i'm not always on line would you mind, hopefully, giving me a heads up either today or a few hours before you start. If you have an idea when just in-house me so i can get out the food and pom-poms.
Regarding the ghosts Kitty, i had so many of them, had to use a lot of ghost cards to either chase away or do the Marine Queen (my fav)...
Though i say it's near impossible to finish without the aid of cards, bells and whistles, i would do it again! I just would be better prepared, especially the "lanterns". Again it's such a pretty room and can be fun to do if you could at least have time to get a cup of tea... or a bottle of Scotch after to calm your nerves.
Good luck Rumbi and hope to hear from you soon.
Shelley

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 4, 17 12:35 PM
Every party needs a party pooper so i thought i'd pop in
I read the above from players. First of all i believe there is a ghost at the end however i'm mainly writing to suggest that you try to acquire the lanterns before starting the expedition. The time i played only 2 dropped but luckily i had 15 acquired lanterns from playing the Japan offer on your left. This included Fish market, House of Tomorrow, also Dungeon, etc. You still have to be patient but they will drop. Even with 15 lanterns i had to use every one as the Performer was so stingy! It's a great room to do but not enough time to enjoy. Unseasoned players will have a tough time finding items. I usually enjoy a room with a challenge such as the Confectionary however there is doable and not doable, this is one of them. I have never had to use so many change mode cards, hammers and other bells and whistles. I almost had to use crystals to buy out the last artifact as it looked like i was going to run out of time with the Performer drop rate. I too usually go in on the hope of collecting the required items such as lanterns but in this case they just don't drop. It's a catch 22, to get lanterns you have to visit extra rooms but with 2 hours you don't have time to do that. I feel bad for all the players that failed a few times to get into the expedition but then end up failing to finish the room due to the 2 hours. I'm glad i had a repeat on my Valium and Depends for this one LOL. Truthfully i've never had an expedition that stressful! Again it's a beautiful room but some items such as the dipper were ridiculous to find. Had you had more time it's no problem. Good luck to everyone and should anyone need help with their expedition just in-house me or PM me for my code and i will try to help (usually on-line after 4pm... Canadian time.)

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 3, 17 7:03 PM
Agree with all the good advice...also this is a tough room with only having 2 hours so be ready to have plenty of change mode cards & ghost cards. I even had to resort to a few hammers as i only finished with 3 minutes to go! If you're thinking of going in with a nautilus, etc. then beware of the clock.
Good advice Kittypurr & CLM... I must have helped about 8 neighbours & i believe that all failed except 1 or 2... i think a lot of the problem is the 23 times to feed as this only allows your neighbours to contribute an amount that is lower than they normally may give and also if the organizer only contributes a moderate amount then their hands are tied if it looks like it's going to fail... they simply won't have enough feeding times at their disposal. Maybe it's wiser to use elixirs and walnuts to ensure you have enough feed times to finish just in case. Basically the adage has been "if you can't finish it yourself then best to not start it". Especially now with so many failing. As mentioned, neighbours are less inclined to help a player who may have failed before (even though it may have only failed due to lack of feed times). Good luck to all as 2 hours can go very fast. In hindsight a pair of Depends would have come in handy LOL.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 28, 17 1:59 PM
I just started an expedition for the Mechanical Body and all i saw was my lovely neighbour Janawie contributing. I then had to reboot due to in-house mailing and for the few seconds it took, my expedition was finished! What an amazing bunch of neighbours i have. I have always liked to send a personal in-house thankyou however this time i don't know who contributed. So thankyou, thankyou, thankyou to the wonderful neighbours who helped! You guys are the best!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 27, 17 5:05 PM
Yeah... and then you get totally stomped on ...by an 8 !! LOL

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 27, 17 3:10 PM
Thanks Rumbi
I too hope that i haven't seemed a bit (for the lack of a better word) "preachy"
Just so you know....Jeff goes by the username "jelleyanddogs" and i, Shelley have the username of "jeffsteer"....Don't know how this happened but too late to change it as both our neighbours seem to have gotten use to it, though i would like to reverse it
I'm going to send you a P.M with our codes as we would enjoy having you as a neighbour.
Good luck in the comps!
P.S....If we meet in the comps and you are Rumbi4 plz don't be offended if i "jump ship" LOL

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 27, 17 10:16 AM
Just a quick answer to your question of players over 1k. Since the game can only show 3 digits i have been told that the first 3 digits will be shown so if your level is 1055 it will show 105 since if they only showed the last 3 digits it would have to show a 0 such as the level would be 055. This is my understanding and i welcome anyone to correct me if i'm wrong. However if this is the way anyone over 1k is displayed it still doesn't explain any level with 2 digits such as 24. I also have been told that anyone over 1k that you can see a black mark following the last digit though i have yet to have seen that for myself but maybe my eyesight is poor. All in all i find it very confusing and feel it may be beneficial to all if ROM could just change the style of the digits or just underline them so everyone would know these players are over 1k. Wow this is confusing. I hope i have been of some help

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 26, 17 6:31 PM
You might be right Kitty however the fact you have to move the cursor still would slow you down even if you had help from 10 family members, neighbours, etc. LOL.
One thing i have been made aware of is that the possibility of connecting more than one cursor. That being said, i feel that the main concern is not necessarily with the hammering but more how these players represent themselves such as a blank space where there should be a name, an extremely low level like a 24, the use of different names for one person, the use of Cyrillics, etc. etc.
I personally have no issue with being beaten as long as it is done fairly. I do have to question a score of 2500 when their level is so low or their name is "guest"... it just makes you wonder.
If i find someone seems to use hammers excessively i just won't play them again however the problem seems that many "seem" to have "several identities". Also i have to question that 90% of high scoring players don't have a name i can understand. Whenever i play names that are understandable the competition field feels so much more even. All in all it just makes you think and question and i don't consider it biased at all to voice any concerns. Also if we are to play against these players in comps why can't they be allowed as neighbours of ours. Why do we only see them in comps? I think the comps should only involve anyone within OUR ROM community.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator