Posts created by SnailRanch3558

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 7, 15 2:43 AM
Bump

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 30, 15 4:33 AM
SunFlash wrote:
felonarune wrote:I am curious. Being a relative newbie I want to ask this. Would it help if the in game mail was used to send neighbors a preference if wish list is empty. With an up date every other month. My ROM addicted parent (rheashard2) told me she prefers ores or buttons if her wish list is empty. She said that she is always running out of them. Just wondering.

Anyone who has strict preferences should be prepared to remember and always send out their neighbor's preferences, as well. For most players that's 100 potential preferences to keep track of and to send out correctly.

I already hate visiting and gifting so I'm sure as heck not going to do that. Those who have the time and the patience to do it, though, ought to get a special trophy.

A chest would be more appropriate. Red/Blue/Yellow. Most generous Gifter Award.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 27, 15 3:54 PM
wrenbird wrote:
thurber wrote:

For rooms I don't know, or rooms which give me trouble (stained glass workshop), I collect items in order, skip those I can't find quickly then tear my hair out trying to find the rest!

Oh, thank goodness! It's nice to know I am not alone in my baldness! You cracked me up with that comment!

The cat's paw in the Cellar and the anchor on the Boat in Paris give me the most trouble, so I leave those till last. I read 4 items from the list, then 3, 3, 2, 2, etc as the tension grows,and the time runs down.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 27, 15 3:45 PM
tramserran wrote:
lrettab wrote:Does helping the creatures on a neighbor's map do anything for the neighbor? I know I get some coin & XP for it.

When you visit your neighbor, you are NOT seeing their actual neighborhood. The creatures and ghosts that appear are NOT the same as what the neighbor has in their actual neighborhood. So you are NOT "helping" your neighbor by feeding their creatures and chasing away their ghosts.

...[snipped} ...
I still don't understand why I am visiting a facade of my neighbor's neighborhood and not their actual neighborhood.

Some items you can only get from your own Bellows Manor creatures. So if your neighbours could help your own Manor creatures, you'd miss out. It would be like thievery, denying our neighbours access to needed items.

IMO anyway. This is a friendly cooperative game, not a scarper with everything you can carry off type. Although the competitions and duels infringe on that boundary. lol.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 23, 15 6:52 PM
rianael1 wrote:If I had found one at my neighbor's, would feeding it work to find the "X-tonic glass"? Or does it only work in your own area?

We can't summon creatures to our friends places.
A Dryad at our friend's places, might drop a brave heart, 1/20th or so times.
The X-tonic helpful tip doesn't say "at friends places", so I assume only at our own maps. Though I haven't had one drop yet either.

Again, Good Luck.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 23, 15 6:45 PM
rianael1 wrote:It worked! I got one! Thanks!

You got a dryad, or you got the rare X-tonic glass?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 23, 15 6:31 PM
rianael1 wrote:Hi All, I need to find a "X-tonic glass" to be able to build a "Power of Water" (I have all the other pieces). When I hover over the task, it says I can find it by helping Dryads. That sounds find, and I'm willing, but I can't find a creature called a Dryad in my area, or my neighbors. There are unicorns and lumberjacks and trees and coach zack's, etc... but no Dryad. I feel like I am missing something that is probably obvious. Can anyone tell me where to find one?

Use a creature summoning scroll from your backpack, under creatures tab.
Good luck.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 23, 15 7:04 AM
tramserran wrote:Anybody else having problems accessing the game?
My internet is working fine.
While playing, I got the swirlies so I refreshed and now it gives me the following message "Firefox can't find the server at tv-bf.playme8.ru."

I tried accessing the game through the Big Fish Online Games webpage but I get the same message.

Update: I kept hitting the "try again" button and finally it is working now. I had the same thing happen last night (24 hours ago). I wonder why?

Yes, 24 hours ago, and a couple of times today.
But I'm using Chrome. Too much traffic on one of the Russian servers/nodes/gateways, maybe.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 22, 15 1:56 AM
If you learn the few rooms you have access to really well, and the 5 or 6 places each item can be in, then when you participate in competitions, because its limited to the rooms a player has access to, you should do well, and gain confidence and speed.

When I'm out of gold or energy, or both, which is frequently the case, if I have pearls in my backpack, I play the competitions to pass the time, or read the forums for tips.
And I'm only Level 58, so considered new too.

Don't be discouraged, please rianael1.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 21, 15 5:44 PM
rianael1 wrote:Thank you Clashfan and Tramserran! This is some really helpful cost/benefit analysis of the different choices re ghosts and will help me decide what to do. I have to tell you that right now, the most frustrating thing is constantly running out of energy! But, the differences in what you can receive for chasing vs. exploring the ghosts away is really interesting!

Kathy, tFrHhr

I see you have VIP status. are you also using a Strong Energy Talisman from the store? (4000 coins)

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 21, 15 5:40 PM
rianael1 wrote:P.S. Am I receiving the daily gift if I haven't unlocked the Gazebo yet? (i.e. it still has fog on it). If not, maybe it is worth spending the jewels to unlock it... or maybe that is the only way to unlock it? I was assuming that at some point in natural gameplay it would give me the option to open it with coins like the other buildings have, but maybe not. Help!

P.P.S. Speaking of that challenge of the day icon, am I correct that if I choose a challenge and fail, that it won't subtract what the reward would have been? (for example, if the reward is 100 coins, 100 stars, and I don't manage to finish the challenge, does the game take 100 coins and stars away from me?

Thanks!
Kathy, tFrHhr

You are correct in thinking you wont be penalized for failing, yes.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 21, 15 4:19 PM
Are any of the charges Fire Dust, so you can replace what you've hoarded so carefully? I've seen more Hens with teeth ...

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 21, 15 7:22 AM
Lilybells wrote:I copied this from the Wiki:

Within the first few levels of the game, there is a task to wake up a sleeping neighbour, then visit them to obtain some coins. However, at Level 8 a pet dragon appears on the neighbours bar. Once the dragon appears, it is no longer possible to
wake up and visit sleeping neighbours.

The task was to wake Elvira, visit her and get some coins. I visit her every day, still.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 20, 15 3:42 PM
tramserran wrote:
SnailRanch3558 wrote:My "kind" scarecrows aren't dropping the Power of Lightnings that I need. I've got one of three. I'm half way through Grand Master level in the Hobbit Hut thinking he'll drop what I need when I've completed the level, but its a timed area. I can get 5 powers at the store for 48 crystals, if I had 48 crystals. And they're not gift-able, apparently.
How do I convince the scarecrow to be kind for a change?

Make sure you click on the task on the left hand side and are using the helping hand icon. This will "remind" the Kind Scarecrow that you need that item. If you click directly on the Kind Scarecrow, it rarely gives the needed item.

So it's the absent minded scarecrow.
Thank you.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 20, 15 1:56 PM
Or 7AM in Eastern Australia. Hi Faximilli.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 20, 15 1:16 PM
achumannfaery wrote:Light a torch and wave it menacingly at him!

Lol. Thanks.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 20, 15 1:00 PM
My "kind" scarecrows aren't dropping the Power of Lightnings that I need. I've got one of three. I'm half way through Grand Master level in the Hobbit Hut thinking he'll drop what I need when I've completed the level, but its a timed area. I can get 5 powers at the store for 48 crystals, if I had 48 crystals. And they're not gift-able, apparently.
How do I convince the scarecrow to be kind for a change?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 20, 15 12:33 PM
msmithnc wrote:After reading all these posts, and being new to having neighbors, I want to say to all my neighbors: I hope I'm not sending bad gifts! I'm only just learning what most of the stuff is - If I send something you don't like, please let me know . As for myself, at this point I think I like ANY gifts.

You've only sent me good gifts, so far. Of which I'm thankful for.

I think the blue medical gloves are meant to be worn when we're cleaning up all these rooms. Why do they have to be untidy anyway?
I really need charges. But one Lady sends me Jade keys too, which I know nothing about, as yet. lol.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 19, 15 3:43 PM
crisgori wrote:Rylj you know I do play against you. Well, I can't tell you it's so funny but I quit just when the third competitor gets in! Sure I play just when there is an award for participation, though. Otherwise it wouldn't have any sense in losing my pearls and nothing else.

I need all the practice I can get. I even like the 3 & 4 player games, seeing the order of leaders change out of the corner of my eye, not daring to hope I'm in the lead. But if players don't try, knowing the game will lock up, I have a chance at a chest, and the lovely dragon food within. And, of course, it's fun to play against better players.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Apr 1, 15 10:38 PM
What does the baby dragon do? Why do I need to keep it happy?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator