Posts created by rebjayne

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 2, 17 1:13 AM
Treestump, I think you have the wrong number. You should change it to the 6 digit code which can be found when you click on the gold man in the lower right corner and then on the All Neighbors tab.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 31, 17 4:35 PM
The thing about the Cafe is that I can pretty easily justify every "to be found" item in it, which is pretty unusual if not unique among RoM rooms.

However! I absolutely despise that sidewalk sandwich board and, in particular, those obnoxious women portrayed on it. I can only suppose that they are the leading lady and her understudy in a nearby production of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" who are doing some character research in their costumes.

My favorite scenario is when the waiter gets to drip ice cream on their backs and my second favorite is when one of them has to wear the bicycle helmet.

Maybe someone at the "Cafe de Paris" also disliked it and dragged it over in front of their rival, the "Cafe de France." Intrigue.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 25, 17 9:01 PM
We do have party hats shaped like that in America but they are always brightly colored. We also have a type of ice cream cone that is cooked on a waffle-maker and then rolled up into the cone shape before it hardens. These are light brown and textured so they look exactly like the "party hat" except you can eat them.

It seems to me that every room has at least one item in it that is completely inappropriate for the room and would be unlikely to be found there. I think this is a little joke from the designers.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 25, 17 5:28 AM
And why do they call a bagel a pretzel? That Boulangerie is just all kinds of wrong.

I don't want to buy my pastries from a shop that has a live hummingbird flying around inside it. For all I know hummingbird poop looks just like chocolate donut sprinkles.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 9, 17 1:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like that character is extra-broke! But you never know what silly fix-it you might stumble onto like I did. Good luck!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 8, 17 7:07 PM
Did you try changing back to the Professor and then changing back to the "Lady in the Green Hat" again?

It seems like it shouldn't work but I think it might.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 6, 17 9:42 PM
This happened to me, too, when I bought my avatar. When I changed my avatar back to one of the free ones and then back to the one I paid for, it started to show up.

Hope that helps.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 13, 15 4:49 PM
I have started my underwater expedition so if any of my neighbors would like to help I would appreciate it and I will make sure the expedition succeeds.

Thanks!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 8, 15 4:13 PM
Mine just stands for my first and middle name, Rebecca Jayne.

broccoflower, I was sure that you must be a fan of the game, Fallout, because it has a plant that you collect called a Broccoflower.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 19, 15 11:15 AM
TexasBaker wrote:While I seldom comment on some of the exchanges taking place on the Forum, I feel compelled to do so because of the comment made by Amina046 to a much newer player who asked a legitimate question of her fellow players.

Bad form, Amina046! Bad form, indeed! Your jab at Rebjayne was totally uncalled for and very unkind. I feel sorry for you that for whatever reason, you feel it necessary to belittle other players, especially ones new to the game and the ROM community. And I wonder if this is how you behave in Real Life: are you a bully there, as well? My guess is you probably are. I wouldn't worry about anyone coming to your neighborhood after reading your comment - who would want to be around such a negative person?

And Rebjayne: it's truly unfortunate someone as insensitive and insecure as Amina046 posted what s/he did. While you'll encounter all kinds of personalities in ROM, I dare say most of them are not as unkind and demeaning as is Amina046. Please don't let her/him discourage you from playing or from asking questions. Every single one of us, including Amina046, started out at Square One, and the only way we learned and still learn is to ask questions.

There. I've said my piece. Let the chips fall where they may - I hope the bullying and demeaning comments will stop in ROM, even if they don't stop in Real Life.

Texas Baker

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I was feeling a little dispirited and I appreciate your positive energy.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 19, 15 9:17 AM
amina046 wrote:Ungrateful and rather not the sharpest knife in the drawer!
Just dont come to my neighbourhood!

Wow. I hope this kind of reply doesn't discourage other new players from asking questions here.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 19, 15 3:19 AM
starmagicgreen wrote:

Unless the item is something that has an added attraction, gaining experience, gold, finding an object quicker, I dont see the point in sending an unwanted gift that cant be accepted and bogs down the wishlist area. I am exceedingly sympathetic to the new players plight than hurting the feelings of the gifter.

I also dont think its that easy to delete a neighbor. I have come to believe its more important to work with a neighbor, until you get to know what each likes, and doesnt like. This can take time, give yourselves a chance.

Going back to the source of this discussion, rebjayne, hopefully these comments have helped and not hindered.

ps: By the way I dont need any dragons tooth, thank you.

They have been very helpful. Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment.

What I finally realized is that I don't mind getting the items at all. It's just having to look at them and page past them so many times every day that I find so annoying. It takes long enough to accept all the gifts without having to go to the 2nd page over and over to do it. My computer is pretty slow so it probably bothers me more than it bothers most players.

It would have been so much better if "unacceptable" gifts had been programmed to go to the end of the list.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 18, 15 8:52 PM
achumannfaery wrote:I am confused though...You make one infer you have been around for a year, yet insinuate you are a new player...Knowing which would help to answer more accurately......Are you experienced, or green?

Thank you for helping me understand this issue better.

I'm not sure where I implied that I have been around for a year, maybe this sentence?

"They never sent me one bp gift that I could use any time, probably, in the next year at least."

I meant that, as far as I can tell, I don't think I will be able to use those items in the next year, at least."

I have been playing since about mid May - so about two months.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 18, 15 7:39 PM
I don't think the first two, when I was very new, were leaving the game. I say this because I didn't understand at first why I couldn't accept the gifts. I spent some time looking through the forums and finally found a post that explained why I couldn't accept them and how players send them out when they are quitting the game.

This took me a while and I had decided just to accept that they were being nice. Meanwhile they played as usual. Then, about a week later the same two players sent me more gifts that I couldn't accept. Maybe it took them that long to get rid of things, I don't know, but I felt like they were deliberately trying to be annoying. Since I didn't want more gifts like that, I decided to delete them, so I don't know if they left the game or not. I never saw any posts about them leaving.

They never sent me one bp gift that I could use any time, probably, in the next year at least. Even the charges they sent were obscure ones that I don't know when I will be able to use. I suspect that they were both played by the same player. Maybe, as a new player, I did something to annoy this person.

Since you are more experienced with the game, I'm sure you are right about their good motives. I must admit that, the fact that you still have unaccepted gifts at level 500, though, just makes me more unhappy with these long-term gifts.

I'm sorry to sound ungrateful but I genuinely believed this was some way of being passive-aggressively annoying. I hesitated this long to ask about it because I knew it would not look good for me (that's how being passive-aggressive works).

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 18, 15 5:54 PM
I'm not sure if this is a new way of annoying someone or not.

I've had three high level players send me a total of nine bp gifts that are so far ahead of me in the game that I can't accept them and won't be able to do so for a long time.

This is so annoying because the gifts take up the first screen and now part of the second screen of my accepting gifts pages and I have to always move to the second page to see and accept my gifts.

Most of these I received when I first started and was at about level 20, so the players who sent them (and were in the 500 levels) had to know that they were far beyond my ability to accept.

Just today, though, I received a Hyperjump (which is part of the Evaporating Pendant) which, after looking in the Wiki, seems like something I will not encounter for a long time (I'm now at level 104).

I deleted the first two players who did this when I first started and I'm tempted to delete this player I just added (who is at level 253) but I am hesitating because they might have just wanted to send me a nice gift.

I guess I will send them a message asking about it but, before I do, I'm wondering if anyone has some information that would help me understand this.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 1, 15 2:49 PM
The best of wishes on a speedy recovery for Faximili. She is an awesome neighbor and I would never delete her under any circumstance.

Just to note: I am not sending you gifts during this period because I know you will have way too many when you return and I don't want to add to your burden of having to accept them all.

GET WELL SOON, FAXI

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 14, 15 1:00 PM
What actually is racist is when Andrew says that Gypsys use hypnosis when they steal from people.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator