Posts created by varetto123

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 26, 18 1:57 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:varetto123,When we first heard the news of the forum closure I would have said that what we had here was impossible to re-create anywhere else.This place had something very special.Luckily Jenifer stepped in & offered us a place at Delphi.In such a short time & lots of hard work she has made it home.
I hope all the other sites work out for those that have moved there,to me they are still friends who I spent time with & enjoyed the laughter & help.

I agree completely. The Delphi site seems to be doing a sterling job of recreating the atmosphere we've all enjoyed here in the BF forum. And yes, many thanks to Jenifer and all the others who have helped, for making it all happen so quickly. I would absolutely hope that the other sites also become great places - I will take a look in at them from time to time as I know we all have friends who have gone elsewhere. If any of them start to show similar promise, then I would have no problem with being a member of more than one forum.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 26, 18 12:24 PM
I went to Delphi. I did look at Pond Friends as a potential second site, but after reading through their plans for MC - only one thread, only for game updates/event notifications, posts potentially deleted after a few weeks - I decided that's just too restrictive compared to this forum/Delphi and won't foster the same sense of community we have here and are hopefully developing in the Delphi forum.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 18 4:11 PM
Something that could maybe be added could be some sort of extra quest that we could choose to do by selecting it - maybe in the same pop-out menu that the CCs appear on. That way, people who already have all the avatars wouldn't have to do the extra quests...but those of us who are missing avatars could effective do some sort of CC just for our game. That way, we'd still have to complete the same sort of tasks that were required to earn the avatars originally, but it wouldn't have to impact on anyone else's game.

Alternatively, having some CCs that don't have new avatars, but options on another prize or our own choice of avatars from previous CCs instead, could work well as others have mentioned.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 17, 18 7:44 AM
Gen_1236 wrote:
I just got permission from Murrumbidgee to post the link.

The forum is still under construction, but anyone is welcome to be a part of the process.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

Cheers,

Jenifer

Jenifer, I'm a member of a few internet forums and would be happy to join once I get home from work this evening. I'm so glad the forum will be continuing, although on a different platform - there is too much of a sense of community here to lose altogether.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 18 10:36 PM
__TJ__ wrote:Lol so I'm looking for a big Tabby orange colored cat that has the appetite of Garfield gotcha won't hold my breath seeing him anytime soon if he costs 20 unique foods & he's rare on top of that since no one can still achieve him. Thanks for the info though hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of him one of these days lol I like to at least see them all once.

I have him on my PC game and do occasionally use him as my pet. I'd be happy to accept you as a friend and display him so you can see him. ID 410812, in-game name Manxcat419.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 7, 18 12:33 AM
begwood1 wrote:I reallly want a fall room, and I want it to be spooky and Halloweeny, please!

Summer would be nice, too. And I agree - it doesn't need an event associated with it, just some more room options so we can have some variety (and buy more furniture for the achievements) would be good. I don't like the "main" private room look at all, and would love some other choices.

Absolutely. Events are fun, of course. But we already have the fall, spring and winter events...and that's really probably enough. But a new room for summer would be lovely - especially if a fall room is introduced as well. We could have a themed room for each season then. I like visiting rooms to see what options people have chosen for them even though I never have enough shards to do a whole lot with my own private rooms. So having an extra one to look at would be fun.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 9:22 PM
I don't have a problem with eye strain from the game in any aspect; however, I worked a computer-based job for many years so I have developed coping tactics over that time. It probably also helps that it's unusual for me to have more than an hour to play uninterrupted - real life demands keep my play time as short bursts on and off through the day. Some of the following may help:-

If you wear reading glasses, try playing both with and without - you may find you do better with them on days that you're tired, or even all the time.

If you have an option on a good-size monitor on a PC, use it. My PC has a 28 inch screen so the colors aren't all mashed on top of each other in the "busier" scenes.

If your eyes are getting tired or you're getting a headache, try switching off the overhead light in the room so you can turn the screen brightness down and still see the objects. Turning off light sources also helps to reduce screen glare.

When you take a break, don't just refocus your eyes while sitting at the computer. Get up, get a drink, go check on the cat (or dog, or kids)...anything that gets you moving so your eyes are constantly having to refocus at different lengths.

And yes - check your glasses or contact lens prescription to make sure it's still right for you.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 5:13 PM
Judibeth wrote:Hi!
I'd much rather have a summer room instead of an extra fall one! Perhaps a medieval fair theme would work since many MC characters are in sort of medieval dress, though a modern summer theme would also work.
(Just a thought!)
Judibeth

Or both even! I'd like to see a Halloween themed room (it appeals to my love of horror movies and spooky stuff). But I love the medieval fair theme too.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 18 4:06 PM
I wasn't going to reply to this post, but since the servers are down and I can't play...here's my take on the situation.

There are potential merits to both SR1 and SR2 depending on each player's individual goal for this SE. For those who are missing last year's pets, SR1 is the only opportunity to collect the parts needed for those. So, for many players, having SR1 available at least for a few days while they collect those parts may be the only way they are ever able to obtain pets that many players already have...it's easy to say these things aren't important when they're something you already own. When you don't have them already, they become more important. Buying the required parts with diamonds is incredibly expensive, especially for players at lower levels and for those who may not have time to both do the rounds and complete the puzzles each day. Additionally, as someone pointed out on another post early in the SE, if new rooms, pets etc are introduced every year, the ones from previous years will become less and less relevant as time goes on. So there is also a feeling that either those pets are achieved this year or it may never be possible to achieve them at all. This may lead players to stick with SR1 at least until they have sufficient parts to craft all the pets from last year (that's certainly what I did for the first few days of the SE).

SR2 is, of course, needed for this year's pets. And there is the bonus of a large amount of coins to be had from completing the HOSs in this room. However, we also have to consider that, for players who are still trying to craft pets, coins are rather less exclusive overall than the seasonal pet parts. The coins are useful, of course, and most of us are collecting as many of them as we can. But they're not something that can only be collected during the SE. Some may see keeping SR1 open as selfish, but it's really no more selfish than insisting that everyone bows to the desire of some to collect as many coins as possible during the event.

Ultimately, we all must play the game the way we most enjoy it. The purpose of a video game is relaxation and enjoyment. If we're forced to play someone else's way, then there is no point to playing at all. This may lead to situations where one person's gameplay style makes them a less than desirable friend for some others. Which is also OK - there are enough players for everyone to have plenty of friends regardless.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 18 2:25 PM
Same here. When it first came up, I thought it was going to be one of our regular short internet outages. But everything else is working fine.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 7:52 PM
Jody, you are on my friend list - my in-game name is Manxcat419 (you reappeared while I was at work today - glad to see you back in the game). When I had the same issue soon after the Winter Event started, customer service were only able to restore some of my inventory. And my friends helped out with the rest until I was able to get enough rounds done to start re-gifting. If you do find you are not able to get everything fully reinstated, please put the things you need on your wishlist...if I have anything you need, including items to help with the Spring Event, I would be happy to gift you even if you aren't able to gift anything to anyone for a while.

April

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 18 5:24 PM
Oh, that's awesome! Thanks Devs! I was wondering how to catch up on last year's achievements and get some of this year's especially with currently very limited play time. I just got home from work and logged in - I'm so very happy to see that the Dev team have taken our concerns on board and fixed this.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 18 8:56 PM
Katijay wrote:Enjoy your baby while you can....I lost my 17 year old Buddy last September and still miss him, but not ready to get another. I have the ashes of him and his brother Joey who passed at 10....prayers...

I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy and Joey. Losing them really is the hardest thing. We lost Regan's twin, Rosa, in August 2016 at just 13 years old. Right now, Regan still very much wants to live - she's fought so very hard over the last few days to overcome the bad reaction she had. It really is a bit of a miracle that she's home at all. So, yes, we're making sure we enjoy every minute with her.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 18 8:34 PM
Well, my baby finally came home this morning. The adverse reaction to the meds (although the ER say it's not the meds, it's just her) has taken ages to wear off. She's finally mostly safe...though we do have a BP monitor arriving Wednesday morning so we can check her ourselves at home. I may finally make it into the castle for short periods this week - we've spent most of the week making the hour and a bit drive (each way) to and from the ER to visit her. Today, I'm just chilling with her...we've been napping and watching movies since we got her home.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 15, 18 10:18 PM
Thank you all so very much. She's back in the hospital tonight - one of her new meds dropped her blood pressure too far, so they have her overnight for monitoring. Hopefully she'll be coming home again tomorrow on a reduced dose. And if she's feeling cuddly, I might be able to get an hour or two in the castle with her curled up on my lap. As I have to take the day off work anyway, I'm going to enjoy the time with her.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 14, 18 9:58 PM
Thank you all. They actually sent her home today, but that isn't good news - she's home because they can't really help her. They got some fluid off her chest and she's got a ton of supportive meds, but they're only giving her maybe a month at most. She has a very rare heart condition that is progressing rapidly - basically only 1/4 of her heart is working at all. I may pop in and out of the game depending on how she's doing, but I really just want to spend every minute I can with her while she's here.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 14, 18 1:48 AM
To all my dear friends. I am having to take an unexpected break from the game. My much adored elderly cat (the survivor of my twins who came with me from the UK to the US back in 2013) went to the vet today for what we thought would be a minor problem related to the pneumonia she had as a kitten that left scarring in her lungs. Instead, we found that she's in massive congestive heart failure - even the vet didn't suspect that until we saw the X-Rays. So she's currently hospitalized in a local ER clinic. If she makes it through this crisis, she will hopefully be home in a couple of days although she will be on meds for life and her prognosis is guarded. But I won't have time to log into the game at all for the next few days at least while I run between home and the ER to visit her. And should the worst happen, I may not be feeling up to returning for a few weeks. I will be back as soon as I am able. For now, I've taken down my wishlist and marked my game as "taking break".

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 27, 18 10:39 PM
JAhroni wrote:I have played 22 pets with wooden chest availability, including some greedy little beasts and I have 2 wooden chests. This leaves me feeling frustrated and ripped off. Truly these challenges need to be doable within reason. Games are suppose to be fun. I will wait and try again but I feel like the purpose of challenges are to decimate I your inventory. I agree with others who say the rewards for the challenges should be something other than avatars (like gems).

Having missed quite a few challenges, and the associated avatars, I'd actually love to see gems offered as an option so that those of us who are missing avatars could still choose those, but people who have all the avatars could choose gems/another reward instead.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 15, 18 5:37 PM
I'm doing the challenge because I'm still leveling up so lots of ZZs actually fits fairly well with what I'm being asked to do to advance in the game anyway. If it wasn't for that, I'd be inclined to skip it, especially if I was short on inventory for items to open enough ZZs. As it is, I'm glad I had some amulet charges saved up so I can get through searching the same HOSs repeatedly to open enough ZZs.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 15, 18 2:51 AM
You can swap them with your friends - and they do count for the achievements. Just put the plain stamp on your wishlist. With a little luck, you may have friends who are looking to do the same thing and you can just trade them back and forth. Even if none of your friends are looking for stamps, you'll probably find you're gifted a few as the plain stamps are usually in ready supply.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator