Posts created by Diane8722

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 16 12:08 PM
OK, after taking a break, then going after the spring event items with gusto, I have to say that trying to get ahead in the upper levels is PURE DRUDGERY without inventory on hand! I doubt many new players will reach the upper levels with the current inventory drop rates. It has improved a bit over spring, but trying to get repeat items is just too frustrating. Even when spending diamonds to get past waiting for a 1 hour recharge it still feels like drudgery to me..... I will not do that over and over and over again for long. Where did the fun go?? I get that the upper levels are supposed to be hard, but I kept the drudgery to a minimum by doing repeated rounds to build up, then had the joy of moving ahead rapidly to compensate for it. It is impossible to do now.....

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 16 5:08 PM
I played the tourney today and there is definitely still a glitch. I experienced the issue last year on the PC format and I thought they had fixed it when they brought the tourney back! I have had such rotten luck with the wheel that I have only been playing once in a while. This is the first time it has happened since then, and on my Android device this time, but it still occurs! Not all doors were open when I started playing but when finished with the 3 that were open my lowly score was added to another higher score. I have no idea why! It is definitely an issue with the program. It was my first attempt to play during this round of tourney. My score was not spectacular, but higher than it should have been..... It might keep me in the top 100....

That may explain an abundance of unusually high scores (I know there are players getting legitimately high scores too, so no need to defend yourselves). I cannot imagine I am the only player it has happened to........

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 12, 16 3:19 PM
So as an Android player I have only been back in the game the last 24 hours, after a considerable break (not played at all for several weeks now) to participate in the Spring Event. I am glad to see the HOS drop rate has improved somewhat. However, I am still very disappointed with the idea of only getting 15 coins or a shard. I will continue playing through spring, as I am having fun with the morphing eggs, actually more than the HOS's because reward items have been improved for the event, not reduced as with the last "update". After spring, I doubt I will keep playing. During my "break" I found other games that I find more rewarding than Midnight Castle has been since the change to coins and shards instead of items.

So I have been rehabilitated from my daily MC addiction. I guess I can thank the "new" style for that. It seems pretty clear that the coins and shards for HOS drops are here to stay. Such a shame.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 16 8:10 AM
I am flabbergasted that anyone could get to level 71 if started playing Jan 2016. Amazing accomplishment! Wow! That is a sprint if I ever saw one! No wonder one can be happy with the new MC! Kudos to anyone who can do that!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 16 7:48 AM
I play on a Kindle (Android) and have been playing since May 2015. Started playing almost all day every day when laid off my job end of May. Played for hours a day almost every day until Jan 2016 "upgrade". Since then I used collected inventory to level up for the first few weeks and pretty much quit playing except going in every now and then just in case drop rates have changed. I took down my wish list in Feb. I bought diamonds a few times last year to support a game I really enjoyed!

I am currently at level 66
43 days 22 hours
2,185 quests
36,335 HOS
50,417 flowers
142/210 achievements

I sure miss the game that MC was! No desire to play the game as is

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 16 8:36 PM
Scorpion / Castle Armory / Fish Skeleton

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 16 7:34 PM
I am away from home and going from lousy memory. Thanks for catching all my mistakes annelliegram.

Going with deeziner:

Wheat / Unique Dishes / Tongs

Edit to "uncorrect" spell check GRrr

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 16 7:23 PM
snowflake / frozen treasure (early levels) / bone

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 16 10:03 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
My how time flies....hmmm.... wonder if we could collect/click on flies during a Summer event?????????????

I LOVE it! Can we have a flyswatter as a cursor? HaHa

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 16 7:51 AM
I was around level 20 (+-5 levels) when I noticed a glimmer and clicked on it. I was at the ice castle with the troll so the darker flowers stood out. I was so surprised when I got the 10 coins! I spent a lot of time chasing them as I thought it was fun and what a clever idea!

Edited to say I had no idea there where morphing objects at that time. Totally took me by surprise. That was back in June/July. I first started playing end of May last year.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 27, 16 6:32 AM
I sure miss "he who must not be named" The loss of so many game and player supporters since the update is so sad..

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 16 5:26 PM
Eggplant / Ship / Key

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 16 5:15 PM
I could not agree more with annelliegram! I am sorry for those of you who were wise enough to hold off on the Jan "update" that are now in the same boat as those of us who leapt in blindly.

I am not ever visiting a new HOS unless an item is requested by a character. For an 80% chance of getting 15 coins or shard it is too discouraging. Even worse is dragging out the timer for the new HOS in order to keep the recharge time low, as you know if you want to advance you will be visiting it repeatedly. I used to really enjoy completing the HOS as fast as possible and collecting HOS items. Then I was DECIDING WHEN I wanted to advance. It was my way of AVOIDING some of the frustration of repeated requests for item(s) from the same HOS. It appears those days are gone for good.

I sure hope the spring event will rekindle some enthusiasm. At least long enough to make some coin to get me through the last 5 levels. Cause if the drop rates continue as they are, I will stop altogether. It would be nice to get to level 70 before I quit completely. Maybe that is as unlikely as the return of the item drops.....but I am still hoping...

I apologize to those who are tired of the complaints and are really enjoying the new style of play, but I believe that this thread was created for that purpose. Some players are happy and others are not. I am happy for you if you are one of those who are thoroughly enjoying it even though I am not.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 16 7:25 AM
My guess would be the devs are scrambling to finish the details for the event and will release when they are done. I cannot see why they would hold back, unless it will be coming out on Sunday, Easter day.
IMHO

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 16 7:19 AM
Happy Easter from Houston, TX. It looks to be a lovely day, but I'd much rather be living in N. Calif. again!!

Life can be as challenging in the real world as it is in the castle!

May lots of eggs fill your baskets!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 24, 16 9:54 PM
Annelliegram wrote:

In response to the above.....there is no "oil lamp" in the Castle Armory....
It is a "gravy boat".......
There is no "genie lamp" listed in any of the HOSs (that I know of).....
There are 2 "oil lamp" that I know of:
Mirror Nave
Tomb

You go me on that one. Another mistake. Was just going by visual memory and did not check it . Good catch Annelliegram! I have been sloppy....

Butter / Gnome Kitchen / Owl

As far as I know (mid-level 65) the butter is an orphan - please correct me if I am wrong AGAIN

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 24, 16 7:02 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
Diane8722 wrote:Oil lamp/ Castle Armory/ Scorpion

Oil lamp and genie lamp look alike, but.....are they considered a match?????
OP, we need a ruling for future times, please.........

To answer the most recent post....

Scorpion / Shining Split / Pyramid

FYI I went to the tomb to check before posting. It is an oil lamp there too.

Pyramid / Mirror Nave / Thimble

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 16 2:26 PM
Oil lamp/ Castle Armory/ Scorpion

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 16 6:38 AM
Please return item drops instead of shards or coins. Just completed 22 HOS in castle for 36% shards, 46% coins and 18% items (ice crown, poisonous stinger, star beam and throne base). What a Disappointment!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 16 6:28 AM
You deserve to do a happy dance. This took way too long! Hope you get the missing things returned soon!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator