Posts created by famvir3

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 16, 18 4:03 PM
I used 2 hours of the Blizzard to get through the last monument on Wild Plains. I netted 200 coins and goodly amount of boosts. (I forgot the lives refill! I should have waited to claim those, instead of closing out in the middle of 4 hours of infinite lives.)

Wild Plains was unusually hard. There was a discussion on why people do 100% of the event cities, I do it because you don’t need to spend a lot of coins on helping hands, resource factories, or ports. But the helping hands alone were way more than the 1100 coin bonus for completion. Basically, there is not a good payoff for finishing.

So I just did the minimum, 4 monuments, plus the prizes from the intern level, then I picked up my ball, and went home.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 21, 18 4:35 PM
Speaking of kites, I finally got a lightning and kite match up. It was a blue kite, and all the blue gummies turned into blue kites, and each new kite sent put three flying kites to destroy all the other squares. So, one blue kite matched with one lightning bolt produced 15 blue kites (there were 15 blue gummies) and each of the blue kites produced 3 flying destroying kites, for a total of 45 blue destroying kites!

The way I use my kites is in tandum with the bolts and the combos. If I have a particularly bad board/level, I will employ all three. Then there are bolts and kites and crushes and bombs near each other that I can use to my advantage. Blow the gazomba out of that board.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 20, 18 5:30 PM
Lordk, I just checked out the kite/line crushes and the bombs, and there is the tripleing of what ever boost the kite touches. I had a brick bomb, and the kite made 3 more brick bombs, and a blue line crush, and the kite made 3 more line crushes. Now I curious about the lightning/kite. It sounds amazing! I was extrapolating on the kite/3 boosts of the other types.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 20, 18 11:32 AM
Kites! I love kites. They are inexpensive and versatile. If you match a red kite with
2 red gummies, you get three red kites that fly and knock out three spaces on the board. Pretty mundane.

But...if you match a red kite with a green line crunch, the red kite becomes 3 green line crush, which flies around knocking out three spaces and replaces the random gummies with line crushes. Match one kite with a bomb, get three bombs. Match one kite with a lightning, get three lightnings.

With three kites, you might be able to create 9 boosts.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 5, 18 8:56 AM
Good idea Keith! I try to remember where the timed levels are in a game, but haven’t actually written a list.

I just finished Powder Peak 100%. I didn’t buy the the HH until the end because I didn’t know if I could finish the game (traveling, and a short open time on the board, only 7 days. I think. Then the 5 days left turned into a 12 days, and I played when I could). The prizes are comparable with past, 3rd tier 350 coin plus 7 or 8 boosts, 100% city 1,100 coin and a whole bunch of boosts. Lightenings, combos, earthquakes, kites.

I keep track of where I am when the board gets difficult (all the 2 and 3 tiers that are going to need work) and watch the over all numbers of coins and boosts needed.to finish. I replenished my boosts used with boosts won pretty much, and came out 1,300 ahead in coins. It’s not just the coins for finishing the city, it’s all those 60 and 30 from winning the level. There were probably + 2000 coins from the levels rewards prior to it getting hard.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 24, 18 5:56 PM
Cardiganmom, I just had a look at 96 Berlin tier 3 and was able to clear it by making 2 lightening bolts, and matching them with colored bombs. Then I made sure that there was a matching color gummy close to one of the corners, and another matching gummy in the corner. If you are lucky, you might be able to clear three corners by matching one lightening bolt with a bomb and place three of the bomb colored gummies close to the corners.

Otherwise, you would have the make four bolts and match with the correct color gummy, a much harder prospect.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 5, 17 5:03 PM
Re: Marathon. I am in Kuala Lumpur, and very much enjoyed the lovely, quick little side game. (In my case, it was the next 10 tier 1 levels.)

To those who are caught up and finished all the cities, and therefore have no open tiers, I equate it with the Daily Rewards feature. I play my game by finishing every level in a city before moving on. Therefore, I have completed all the levels, and have no incentive to play the Daily’s. The best I will do is 2 boosts, never the addition of finishing architect and master levels on my board for additional coins.. So every day Gummy Drop offers a little game I will never play, because I have already finished all the levels.

Because we are all playing different games, some of the side games benefit us, and sometimes they don’t. But I hope the Gummy techs keep the Marathon for those of us who are in the middle of the cities, as I hope they continue to offer Daily Rewards for the enjoyment of those who still have arch and master levels (tier 2 and tier 3) unplayed in their game.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 3, 17 2:58 PM
This is all so fascinating. Thanks for making Gummy Drop wicked interesting again.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 3, 17 6:43 AM
In New York, all my left over people (helping hands) are offering me gems, hats and bricks for cash. Pay 100 coins, get 2 green gems, etc. Before there would be puzzles to solve first. I had no helping hands in LA so no free stuff, but it looks like there may be other surprises in other cities yet uncovered.

Also, I did complete New York, so there were no helping hands left on the board, but the “new” city has a bunch of people, all offering resources for money. I wish I had Tbird’s LA board were you got stuff for free!

So so far it looks like free packages in Tokyo, free helping hands (for some) in LA, and pay for resources in NY. Plus the dog/robot payout in Tokyo I know I received over a year ago.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 2, 17 9:26 PM
Wow! Thanks T bird. I love free stuff. I got the kites and the travel points.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 17, 17 8:58 AM
I’m on day 28 and still getting things like 12,000 pinks. Some of you must be getting close to 30 (31?) days. I’d be interested to know what the big prize is.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 8, 17 11:55 AM
Last night I got two BONUS notices when I opened two different games. I lost both games, so I don't know what the BONUS feature means. Double the payout if you win? A special boost? I haven't seen the bonus notification since, but I'm wondering if any of you are familiar with it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Sep 26, 17 11:00 AM
I was not able to update as quickly as others, but I am currently at Daily Reward 8. The first 7 were small resources awards, 1,500 pinks, etc. my first silver chest was 10 coins. I am anticipating 10 coins every day from silver, but time will tell. While I appreciate not needing to search for the chests, and I only opened the free ones, there were still multiple chances a day to get a free chest, and the prizes varied up to a combo boost worth 40 coins. The prizes for my first 7 days were not equal to what I would have received during the original treasure hunt. Over a week I might get 5 free shovels, 3 combos, and 2 10 coin awards along with the smattering of small resources awards.

I am not complaining, GD had been very good to me, just an observation about the awards. I would be curious to what other are receiving.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Sep 20, 17 6:13 PM
Not a tech issue a much as a request. My Facebook page is a professional site. I have not connected my Gummy Drop play onto Facebook because I want to remain anonymous to my clients. It is just not professional. I am signed up with the Big Fish Games board.

After over 2 years of play, somehow I got "found" by Facebook, and am now connected, and no longer anonymous. I see, with the update, that one of my clients is apparently in Sydney. I fear there are more Facebook contacts who may also "find" me.

This Is concerning. Is there some way that I can be disconnected from Facebook and play Gummy Drop on my own time and not need to worry about a client "friending" me and asking for lives or resources? Please tell me I can continue with this game. I am in Vienna. I don't want to quit the game in order to preserve my work/client separation.

Btw, I do use a pseudonym and avatar for my Gummy identity. Does my Facebook "friend" see my actual Facebook picture and name, or my Gummy picture and name?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Sep 4, 17 3:23 PM
Fishfinder, the first time I used the infinite time was in Los Angeles. So sorry! It was toward the end, and had 3 or 4 rows of pink layered self generating smilies. I was going for the master level, and I still think it is the hardest level I've ever encountered. Even with the unlimited time, it still took me 15-20 minutes to complete. The rows of smilies just kept regenerating! My fear was that somehow I would hit a snag and lose my game.

ETA; Found if! 112-2, there is a row of dark blue smilies, a row of pink, a row of pink smilies with a gap in the middle, a row of pinks and another row of dark blues, for a total of five rows of self generating smilies, with 1:20 minutes to clear it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 28, 17 9:05 AM
I am amused at this. If I leave a level, even one I am actively playing, for a minute the game reboots. I've put my iphone down to blow my nose, and the current game is wiped. If I am patient enough to wait 5 minutes to see i get extra moves on the roulette wheel, I have to toggle back and forth between screens to not be kicked out of the game.

The idea of playing to the 5th level and waiting....hours? days? to push the button to get free lives seems impossible to me. I have to wait until I have time to play before I even open Everest.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 28, 17 12:29 AM
I did comment on this in an earlier post. I do all levels, but don't bother with 100% Cities unless I already have purchased most or all of the helping hands. I keep a stash of lightenings and combos on hand. The lightenings are 18 for 1500 coin, and combos are 18 for 620. You can combine any of the "pre-boosts", so lightening, combo, and kites can all appear. If I am doing a tough level, I'll toss in a lightening and a combo. At the discount for multiple purchase, it is about 110 coins for the lightening/combo boost. Usually this is enough to pass a level (particularly the timed levels). Just blow up everything/no finesse needed. It can get expensive when you just want to clear up the city, but I also am compelled to finish all the Master levels, and then you get rewards and free boosts, so I think it's worth it. It also makes all the other cities and levels seem so easy by comparison.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 23, 17 2:27 PM
I finished Everest and got all the awards, 100 coins, 3 (I think) shovels and the two hours free play. Just did the 2 hours.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 21, 17 8:29 AM
My unofficial Treasure Chest in another universe (different game) was:

2 x 350 coin chest, 380 win twice.
180 coin chest, 40,000 blue hats (blah....)
90 coin chest, one waterfall (not bad!)

Unfortunately the 40,000 blue hats were in my real game. Based on that alone, I'm not spending money for chests, at least not yet.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 20, 17 8:03 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Just noticed famvir's post about accidentally opening a not free treasure chest, the same thing happened to me just the other day with a silver chest, and I ended up with an eternal freeze! Go figure

GG, That's a very good return on a 180 (?) coin purchase. The eternal freeze is worth 370 coins. Maybe the techies have played with the Treasure Chest rewards, but no one is opening them anymore to check.

I still have my old abandoned account. Maybe I'll go back and dig for some treasure.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator