Posts created by kellyfl

posted in The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend on Feb 8, 09 4:12 PM
I kept looking at this game and it seemed soooo familiar to me . I watched the video and I kept saying to myself that I have already played this??? I checked my account with , nothing there. I kept racking my brain, I knew this wasn't a new game. then it hit me , I have this game on another gaming site, (that I will not mention here), and have had it for quite awhile! I remember this game well, it is quite fun, a bit on the easy side, but I considered it to be a "coffee break" from some of the harder games. Enjoy this one, take a "cofee break".

posted in The Broken Clues on Feb 1, 09 2:56 PM
At first I thought this game was going to be trouble.It took a long time to load in the beginning and the game started out like a sputtering engine. I didn't make it through the first room my first try, but once I got used to what this game was offering, I felt it was getting better.I played the full hour of the demo,during which,I had completed all the rooms in the house.Each room has three challenging exercises,first HO, 2nd find 10 items, 3rd find the differences(and you have to watch the instructions on this one because it will tell you which side you are supposed to be clicking on). The first thing I noticed is there is a bit of a language barrier.You can tell by the instructions given and also by the listing of the objects to find,once you get past that and figure out what they mean, you can get through it.I think someone should have taken the time to see this and try to correct it before putting it out there. There was something about this game that got me hooked, I think it's the challenge this game gives you.The objects you need to find are small to teeny weeny and cleverly hidden, but it's not impossible by any means.The timer was a surprise,no relaxed mode, but I also took that as another challenge.You get 3 hints for each scene thank goodness! So, since there was something about this game, I bought it.
It may not be the best game out there, but it is different and challenging. I wouldn't say don't buy it but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to say buy it either. I guess each of us fishies need to make up their own minds on this one.
I'm probably the only fishie who purchased this game, but for me I think it will be worth it.

posted in Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water on Jan 31, 09 9:45 AM
I played the Demo and thought it was kind of a cute game so I bought it. I thought the graphics were nice and sharp and the dialogue of Coyote was pretty funny. This game is BIG though, throughout the entire game my CPU was running constantly. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with this game, however, it takes forever to go from the end of a section to the next. If you play the mini games and win, you end up with a black screen for a bit and then the game starts loading the next section.
Those lapses kind of takes the kick out of this game. It does get more difficult as you go along and I noticed that this game also has a lot of green in it, not as much as Rajini, but it's still noticeable. I played the relaxed mode (thank goodness), so I could get a real feel for the game.
As I've seen mentioned already is the hint situations. You gather these flowers and once you hit five it automatically shows you were the top item on your list is. I got around this by keeping four flowers up there and then if I couldn't find an item I would just add another flower. I never used any of the things the Gods gave. I'm not sure if I even saw a place where you could use them other than the hearts that you recieve and I never touched them either.
This was a cute game and it was not too easy, nor was it too difficult. I'm not sure now if I should have bought it, but I did have some fun with it.

posted in Rescue at Rajini Island on Jan 26, 09 3:32 PM
OH BOY!!! This game is a real let down, maybe as some others have stated we are spoiled,(eg. Ravenhurst), but I also agree that it's an "ok" game for newbies.
This game was VERY easy, I played the whole demo and was half way through the game when my time was up. Sadly, I won't be purchasing this game. I just finished Robinson and Jetsetters and I was so happy to see another HO game come out. Silly me. This game would be good for kids, however, I think it might be a little hard on those little eyes since everything seems to be in GREEN!! What's up with that??? Well I guess I can go back and try to finish the 2nd installment of Nightshift, I stopped playing when I got to an area where I kept running out of time no matter how long I played those scenes!!

Play on fishies!!! We'll get another good one soon, (I hope)!?!?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 24, 09 6:24 PM
I can't remember if I posted on this thread or not, so here goes!!!

This is an exceptional game! The mix of interactive with HO is great! It really keeps you glued to the game, wanting to just keep playing it, just to see what's ahead. There are many twists and turns in the story line to finish the game, I'm thankful that I bought the strategy guide that goes with it. I didn't use the guide too much though, the game itself is so interesting that you WANT to figure it out on your own. So many people have praised this game and I am on that band wagon. Beautiful graphics, interesting story line. This game really has it all, and as someone else posted, if this is now the standard for HO games, others should get going!! I couldn't agree more. Thanks BFG for bringing this to us!! Keep the HO games coming!!!

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Jan 24, 09 6:11 PM
chartyndall wrote:I just finished the trial and i had no problems. would like to know from any one who has bought the game if it is worth buying and how many chapters there are. i think i am on chapter 3 and just finished looking for the chess pieces when the game expired. I really enjoyed it and would like to buy it but would not be worth it if i was almost done.
I bought the game today and played it all the way through, it's definately worth it!! There are 6 chapters in the game with subchapters and mini games as well. You have the option to play relaxed or timed mode and you also eventually get the chance to skip the mini games. I only skipped 2, I guess I just didn't have the patience today. I am looking forward to playing the game again with timed mode and see how I do. You'll love this game if you are an HO junkie like most of us!!!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 11, 09 12:18 PM
I LOVED THIS INSTALLMENT OF MCF!!! This game was so interesting and made you think a little harder to put all the pieces together, I just couldn't pull myself away from it. By using the forums and purchasing the strategy guide, I was able to finish the game perfectly and I got such a rush doing that. There should be more HO games like this one!!! There are a lot of "good" games out there, but this one is GREAT! More HO games please! I don't think there's enough for those of us who love this type of game, we've played them all!!

posted in The Hidden Prophecies of Nostradamus on Dec 24, 08 1:03 PM
Luzzie,
Please see my post under the "puzzles" thread for this game, I am hopeful that it will help you!

posted in The Hidden Prophecies of Nostradamus on Dec 24, 08 12:52 PM
I too am out of skips so I'm also forced to play the mini games. I figured out the fireball just by trial and error, moving the fluer de lis squares to form a pathway and see where it goes, then adjust from there.It seems that once you hit all the transporters and send the fireball in the right direction of the keyhole that's how you get rid of them. Again, I just did it by changing the tiles around as I watched where the fireball went and go from there.
I am VERY confused about unscrambling the cards!! I don't get it at all???? Match suits?? There's no suits to match, they are Tarot cards. I get one almost done and then the cards start changing everything once I try to finish the picture???? There's got to be some trick to this puzzle that I just can't see???
Did anyone get through this mini game???

posted in Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena on Oct 14, 08 10:42 AM
This rebuild may correct the last portion of the game, however, it does not address all the other issues people are having all through the game, for instance, the metal detector ends up not working, one person had thrown the coins to distract the guard at the camp site, had to leave the game, came back, the guard is still there but no coins, or the magically disappearing fire bowl in the medalion room, which is where I ended up being stuck. I have done the unload and reload already, plus the other actions that were offered to correct some things and nothing has changed. I will have to start over for the 3rd time! Granted most of the people in the forums agree that this is a really fun game, but the glitches in the system are getting frustrating.

posted in Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena on Oct 13, 08 2:17 PM
I've been reading through a lot of the posts on this game and it sounds like it has A LOT of system issues. People are getting stuck, losing things to move on etc. all over the place, it's not just one area. I saw one post that mentioned that the person had to redownload the game and download activ x, but is still running into issues. I am on my 2nd run as well, I got stuck in the maze and had to back out, change my player name and start all over!!! Now I'm stuck again!!!! This game is fun, but these problems make it not so fun.....

posted in Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena on Oct 13, 08 1:52 PM
If you have the lance in your tools use that on the red curtain, it will open and the dove will be on the left side.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator