Posts created by rvalot

posted in Castle on Nov 19, 14 4:49 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Castle on Nov 19, 14 4:47 AM
I came here specifically to solve my love problem!

....Oh wait, no, i wanted to see if Castle was any good. If I call the number do you think they can consult their astrological charts about Castle?

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director on Oct 18, 14 5:08 PM
Thanks! Stupid mop.

Haha, wow, apparently you can't say R e a l A r c a d e on here? It's an old competitor that's been defunct for years, but whatever.

It's sad about the forums going away, too. At least we can sneak in here and whisper about things, until we get caught and deleted anyway.

It feels like Big Fish knows that MCF is a valuable property and that some will purchase any program with the logo on it...

Yep! That's me. I bought Fate's Carnival on release day, tried it a week or two later and just couldn't get interested. Labor Day weekend, I made myself (MADE myself?!) play it because it's getting near time for the next one.

I have been playing since Huntsville! I actually dropped **** to join Big Fish specifically because the MCF games were only available here. I loved Huntsville and Prime Suspects and Ravenhearst and Madame Fate and RTR and Dire Grove. I even played Million Heir on the DS and Malgrave Incident on the WII! They actually kinda lost me at 13th Skull... but I still bought every single MCF.

But honestly, I did not like Shadow Lake. EFR was only... ok. Fate's Carnival could have been anything. The MCF brand name was the only thing that made me buy it, and playing it was actually like work. I managed to choke it down, but didn't enjoy it. I've tried the Dire Grove, Sacred Grove beta and it's more of the same.

I'm going to try really hard not to buy DG,SG. It makes me sad, but I have to accept that my MCF feelings are just based on nostalgia. Maybe we need a support group for this

Side note: I remember some MCF game was the first game on Big Fish with an expensive "collector's edition" version. I was pretty irritated about it, but bought it anyway. It doesn't surprise me much that 5 years later, half the games on Big Fish start as expensive collector's editions.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 13, 09 5:11 PM
NONONONONO wrote:btw, RV...miss ya! (hugs)

Hey! How'd you know I was here lurking? Hugs back! miss you too!

This sure has turned into a juicy discussion. Picman himself weighing in. And MousechiefCo, goodness! Is that really the developer?

How can something be implied and graphic simultaneously? Sounds like an eye of the beholder issue, just like any other "family values" decision.

I'm really not trying to be difficult, it's just an odd juxtaposition of words...

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 13, 09 7:38 AM
phatkhat wrote: You know, Big Fish has great customer service, which is one reason I switched over here. But I don't feel like I, at age 60, need to be censored in my game choices. It is parents' responsibility to guide their kids, not online game sites. Family values? I'm really getting tired of hearing about them. That's what you have in your family, in your house. It's not something that is applied from without in some legalistic manner.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I agree completely.

Like you, I didn't jump fast enough to buy the game. I'm very stingy with my credits, so I usually play a demo and think on it for a week or two. I feel just as and and as you do.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 13, 09 7:32 AM
g8shopgirl wrote:
I don't know if you originally wrote this or not but...
for the second time tonight my screen need windshield wipers!

Aw, thanks Shopgirl! Yep, that's all me. I get kind of goofy occasionally.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 13, 09 7:29 AM
lilyr wrote:Rvalot,

I think Silvermist did us all a favor. Better a spitwad fight than a locked thread!

Oh no, I should have been more clear. I wasn't complaining about the spitwad fight. I thought it was great!

This is the nicest, friendliest, most fun place to argue. I love the pond!

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 11:12 PM
You're right, Blingykins. The concept of "family values" is a highly subjective one.

Here is an absolute genius weighing in on this very topic earlier:
rvalot wrote:Not to mention that the term "family-friendly" means something different to everyone.

Murder, smoking, revealing outfits, unrealistic portrayals of life, all are present in many of the games BF proudly stands behind.

Some families are highly offended by any mention of magic and sorcery, yet these are rampant in casual games.

And here's another can of worms: the unspoken racism and sexism inherent in a number of games which, in seeking to pander to the middle-aged white female demographic, neglect to include any non-white or non-female characters.

Who's to say what is "family-friendly" and what isn't?

After this, the debate degenerated into a spitwad fight....

posted in Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile on Feb 12, 09 10:39 PM
Oh man I haven't played that in ages! Do they maybe come out of a cuckoo clock, or am I nuts?

I love that game! I'll play it tomorrow and get back to you if nobody else has.

And welcome to the pond yduz! Good to meet you.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 10:33 PM
Of course I did!

True story: I won the school spelling bee every year, starting with 4th grade in 1979. The farthest I ever made it was 17th place in the state spelling bee, where I was brought low by the word "glissade". It's a dance term. Anyway, I got a big fat literature book as a prize!

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 10:13 PM
yes ma'am. (grumble)

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 10:10 PM
Thanks eWonka!

Good research. I thought the game seemed to have a female touch.

The debate has degenerated a bit. Look out for flying spitwads!

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 10:02 PM
silvermist wrote:
rvalot wrote:

*raises hand* ...ME....I get to decide today.....*points to rv* you get to decide tomorrow......and you can pick who gets to decide for Saturday!!!

Awesome! Tomorrow, I say that any game called "Female Name's Blank" is banned, censored, outlawed and prohibited!!

This means no "Betty's Biscuits"! No "Prunella's Pet Store"! No "Silver's Service Station"! Aaaaaah. I feel so so much better!

Saturday, let's put Don in charge. Everyone get ready for TM and buffalo wings all day long!

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 9:45 PM
lilyr wrote:Rvalot,

Hear, Hear!

Thanks! Me use big words. Hurt brain.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 9:33 PM
Not to mention that the term "family-friendly" means something different to everyone.

Murder, smoking, revealing outfits, unrealistic portrayals of life, all are present in many of the games BF proudly stands behind.

Some families are highly offended by any mention of magic and sorcery, yet these are rampant in casual games.

And here's another can of worms: the unspoken racism and sexism inherent in a number of games which, in seeking to pander to the middle-aged white female demographic, neglect to include any non-white or non-female characters.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 9:01 PM
silvermist wrote:RV....omg!!! I forgot they shut that thread down lol!!! We need a new one with a special title just for us....and mom lol!!!

They did shut it down! That's right. We should get another one going.

I think there are plenty of other candidates for the couch in the pond!

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 8:57 PM
bansama wrote: Unless BFG decide to open a specifc section of the site aimed at 15+ content (which this game would probably have been rated at if the BBFC were rating it).

Now that's an intriguing thought. Either a restricted section, or no purchase without some proof of age, or signing a disclaimer...

There must be some way that this game could be made available to those of us who are of age and don't mind a little risque content. Certainly there would be enough interest.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 8:47 PM
Get back on the couch? I'm still on it!

I installed a steering wheel so I can drive it around from thread to thread...

And your spot is right here reserved for you. Just throw your neuroses into the back seat!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator