Posts created by kailuaauntie

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 20, 18 12:32 AM
Hi, guys. I can find the thread for best levels to play for resources but can’t find the pages with all the cities listed.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 18, 18 6:58 PM
I noted that there were very few “Views” of the Announcement re the GD Forums. I queried the Mod and was told it automatically appeared at the top, and they had no control over actual appearance. Then why are so many of the Mod posts in bold face and all CAPS? Hmmmmm

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 6:16 PM
Really, really gonna miss you guys!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 5:44 PM
Lambina wrote:They were also talking about another site called proboard but both of them sounded like it would require volunteer's to run and moderate the forums so who knows how long that would last, also how can we know how secure those sites are. I still can't get over the fact that BF has put the axe to their forums and with the way that people are jumping off of the FB bandwagon this may turn out to be a really bad business decision on BFs part, I mean what kind of a gaming company does not have forums, it just does not make any sense, the ftp games require a big community of connected people to make them popular and successful. Also a mod said that there are a few new ftp games coming out in the future so who would want to volunteer to run forums for those.

There is already a Midnight Castle forum under construction on Delphi Forums in which they are discussing what to transfer (or not) from BFG.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 9:28 AM
lordkalvan wrote:For those of us on Facebook, we could start a Facebook group page specifically for the continuation of this seniors thread. I find the Facebook group pages awkward to use. Goodreads groups are nicer but are for books not games and odds are far fewer of us are on goodreads.

I don’t have the time and energy to start an actual forum for us, between work and running the Space Opera Fans group on goodreads.

Wow - does this mean that you, too, are a fan of the Liaden Universe and Honor Harrington? Am unfamiliar with goodreads but I’m gonna check it out — luv luv luv space opera!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 8:06 AM
eli173 - I checked out the Midnight Castle Forum. It contains numerous ideas about how to set up a “forum” but do we have a senior with the time and expertise to establish a new forum for our thread? It would be great if these (sometimes wild and wacky) conversations could continue. But there isn’t much time left.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 7:44 AM
Lambina - I was able to view items on the home page and the “Posts” page without signing in or creating an account — just ignored the banner.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 15, 18 6:33 PM
Just wanted to say aloha nui loa (big hello) to everyone. Got a new pc, haven’t yet found my music files, was able to retrieve my Outlook contacts, but the already-viewed emails went the way of the Dodo Bird. There is a lesson to be learned here, somehow. Tried the non-mobile version of GD, but seeing it on the big screen was just too weird. Hope everyone is enjoying a Happy Springtime.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 8, 18 7:41 PM
I don’t consider this event one of their more stellar efforts. Not having any fun at all; going to go finish Singapore (better scenery there too).

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 8, 18 3:59 PM
marie1931 wrote:
Lambina wrote:Sounds like a good reason not to get rid of the CD collections.

I do agree with you and I prefer the sound of a real CD player than listening music on a computer ....

Fortunately I kept most of the CDs for my stereo system. I didn’t copy entire disks to the computer — I did it track by track — very time consuming. But, I can connect my iPhone (which has lot from the PC) into my old fashioned stereo tuner and the sound quality is pretty much still there. Not that I now listen at the same volume as a lot of us did in the 70s. Lucky my hearing is still acute after all that abuse.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 7, 18 6:49 PM
jules, et al. - wish me luck ! My pc crashed and had to be replaced, and I don’t know if I can load my music library from Phone back to computer, as new pc will have newer version of iTunes, which is usually a problem.

If any of you out there have any experience with this, please let me know. Thanx

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 3, 18 6:21 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:I too prefer a real book to read rather than an electronic book, but they have their uses for travelling. All my friends who read also really prefer the paper versions and we have found a few gorgeous old fashioned book shops in places that are very popular and always busy. I hope real books never go out of style.

kailuaauntie, did you phone itunes/apple or was there some sort of help online? I have never had to do this before and will most certainly back it all up if I ever do get it restored properly, I do NOT want to go through this again. The heartache it causes to lose all that music is awful.

If I remember correctly I went to iTunes internet support It was a little complicated but everything is OK now. I’ve also found Apple phone support very helpful.

As to books, I’m always rummaging through local thrift and used book stores,I can’t quite imagine falling asleep with my kindle book lying across my face or slipping to the floor as I finally give in to the Mr. Sandman.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 3, 18 5:35 PM
A while back all the music I had copied to my computer (a pc) did the same thing. iTunes helped me restore everything, and then I copied it all from my pc to Zip drives—don’t want to go through that again! Good luck

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 1, 18 12:43 PM
The green city status bars have returned to the world map view in my regular, non-Facebook game. These changes are just plain weird. I’m gonna take a break go bake me some Irish Soda Bread, the good old fashioned Irish way!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 1, 18 8:55 AM
Well, I’m a happy camper! Finally won a Daily Event (only 3 letters for 150 coins).

GD Support told me the world map green status bars are gone for good. Rather, each task in the cities will have a box next to it that will fill with green to indicate progress. Has anyone seen anything like this? I liked the status bars as they helped me determine which cities to work on with infinite lives—wish they would give them back. It looks like they have gone the way of the resource counts that we used to see during game play.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 29, 18 11:51 PM
marie1931 wrote:Just noticed that the green bars under the cities are back

I’m still waiting for mine (here in the US).

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 29, 18 8:20 AM
snowmanvt wrote:The Everest challenge gave me 4 hours of unlimited lives today.

I got the time but wanted to wait to use it. When I went back to claim all the goodies (never having closed the game!) they were gone. I’m hoping the support team will restore them.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 22, 18 9:56 PM
CliveJ wrote:I've just noticed that the progress bar which used to appear underneath the name of each city in the list has disappeared. I used to find this very helpful when selecting the next city to complete 100%.
Like everyone else here (I guess), I love playing this game but I so wish they would stop messing around with it! Do you remember when we used to have a counter showing the amount of resources that had been earned so far on each board? I found that useful too, but it's long gone.
It reminds me of the debacle last summer when every city you went into opened at the shipping port, and at maximum magnification. At least they changed that back again, but I wonder why they persist in fixing things that aren't broken! It looks to me like someone is just making work for themselves to look busy. Certainly there's no way these changes could be called improvements.

One other query: what exactly is a Gazomba? Lol! Hope it's not like a Gazunda!

Totally agree with you! I firmly believe “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 22, 18 9:51 PM
CliveJ wrote:I have PMed a moderator asking that the progress bar on the list of cities be restored, as well as the resources earned counter on each board.

It might be helpful if it was known that I am not the only one who regrets that these facilities were removed, and if any of you feel inclined to send your own messages to a moderator, I would have no objection!

Thanks

Which Moderator did you PM? and do you think it’s a good idea for others to also PM the same ?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 1, 18 4:32 PM
I am not long on patience and would rather spend some coins to move on more quickly than play a level over and over ad nauseum. And as Lambina noted, what good are thousands and thousands of coins when you are done. To me the game is about fun not frustration, and my sense of accomplishment is not diminished if I need to spend coins. (Boy! We sure got off-track on the original topic.)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator