Posts created by begwood1

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 11:40 PM
I reallly want a fall room, and I want it to be spooky and Halloweeny, please!

Summer would be nice, too. And I agree - it doesn't need an event associated with it, just some more room options so we can have some variety (and buy more furniture for the achievements) would be good. I don't like the "main" private room look at all, and would love some other choices.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 18 11:50 AM
The clock is definitely hard. I almost never get the Scorpio the first time I click on it. I love the design of that scene, though -- it's one of the most interesting-looking HOS in the game.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 18 5:00 PM
tennco -- ooh, I hope you're right! I'm still one short on the chicks and mice. I think I've caught more than a hundred of each at this point, no luck.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 18 6:49 PM
I want that rainbow dinosaur unicorn, man.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 18 6:45 PM
Wise advice here. It took me a long time to accept that working to earn coins and inventory items to progress IS the game! Once you reach the end of the available content (and if you keep plugging away, you will), there's nothing to do but daily quests and working on achievements and waiting for the next update.

Do the rounds, play the fortune wheel and sell your eggs, and accept that the name of the game is patience and frustration. ;-) And definitely cash in on the spring rooms! They are a coin bonanza!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 31, 18 2:16 PM
Chicks -- 60-something, one to go
Bunnies -- 81, one to go
Mice -- 86, one to go

I am getting sick of catching egg after egg and never hearing the fanfare! This has stopped being fun.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 30, 18 4:25 PM
I'm missing one chick, one mouse, AND one creepy bunny -- I keep catching and catching and catching, with naught to show but grief and sorrow for my lost carrots.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 18 10:28 PM
I'm happy to gift out old pet parts to anyone who needs them, and I'm sure many others are too -- just put them on your wish list!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 6:54 PM
They're awful -- I can't imagine what the art team was thinking!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 6:52 PM
Don't like these avatars either -- bland, boring, and completely un-springlike and un-Castlelike. And yet more generic white-people avatars, because we didn't have enough options for those ...

I do love the Alice-themed egg achievement avatars, though! Like the Dia de Los Muertos and Nutcracker series, these are delightful! The Christmas maidens or what have you were nice, too.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 6:48 PM
Super unenthusiastic about these avatars, but I can use that third level to get one of the other ones I missed in a previous challenge so there's still a payoff. Why are they so cruise-shippy? Why not Victorian or Elizabethan seafarers, or something more in line with the game?

Maybe in the next challenge we can earn Stewardess, Ticket Agent, and Airline Pilot avatars ... or hotel concierges or accountants ...

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 24, 18 11:26 AM
Just to be clear -- you don't get colored eggs by doing Spring Terrace scene in the old spring room -- just pet components and carrots.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 24, 18 11:15 AM
You get them from clicking on the morphing eggs, and by doing the Spring Fairy's quests. And I for one am happy to gift them, because I have more than I need from playing previous years -- I think lots of people feel that way, so don't be embarrassed to put an egg or two on your wish list!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 18 2:22 PM
They're adorable, and the chicks too! Whereas IMO the bunnies are just creepy as heck. Not sure how that happened -- real-life bunnies are cuter than chicks OR mice, how did they screw up the character designs so badly?

I can't believe you have all the mice already! You work fast.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 18 2:20 PM
I'm guessing your friend has just completely overlooked his/her own room and forgotten to re-set it -- they have nothing to gain by not changing it, I'm sure it's not selfishness.

I was coming to the forum to start this exact thread, so thanks everyone! I'm still hundreds away from finishing the Spring Terrace achievement and I'd love to be able to ... I've also been wondering which room most players would prefer me to have open. I like the idea of switching my room halfway through the day so my friends have access to both, thanks for the suggestion!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 13, 18 10:40 PM
I turn Night Mode back on occasionally when I want the novelty, but eventually I get sick of doing four or five scenes in a row like that. I'm SO glad they gave us the option to switch back and forth!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 18 6:38 PM
IMHO, only the Throne Hall, Castle Entry, Forbidden Tower, and Dungeon of the Cursed are IN the castle. The grotto, lake, and mystery chamber are clearly outside of it, and simply reached via a passage out of the dungeon. The Ice Rock likewise is not IN the castle, and the Key Master Shop has no hidden-object scenes or connections to the rest of the castle.

There's a whole actual castle on top of that dungeon, and we barely see any of it! "Castle vicinity" -- pah, I sniff vigorously at your "castle vicinity."

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 18 4:52 PM
I would definitely like to see the full complement of HOS added to the Dark Tower and I'd love to explore further in the elven forest. Mostly, though, I want to see more of the Castle itself. We only have four or so locations inside the castle, there must be more to it!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 3, 18 5:23 PM
Yep, I got mine with the snow griffin, winged cat, and a final chest from the spider. I hope they appreciated it, because they aren't getting fed again until another "wooden chest" castle challenge!

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 26, 18 12:37 PM
I really like the challenges -- once you're maxed out, it gives you a goal to work toward in the castle. As far as the zoom zone tasks, I combine them with daily and blue-key quests, so I'm never just opening zz's just to open them. And lately Trina ONLY wants HOS and ZZs from me, I think I've had six Trina quests in a row that only demand those! So I can apply my zoom-zone labors to three tasks at once -- trina, daily quest, and challenge.

I don't always love the avatars, but I like completing a challenge so I'll keep doing them.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator