Posts created by justnorma

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Sep 6, 11 8:10 PM
I bought the CE of this game. I love, love, loved every minute of it. The music and graphics were wonderful. And the bonus game was very nice.

I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 10:35 PM
I'm having to start over, too. I wondered if it may have been because I hadn't backed out *before* my trial was over. Oh well, at least I'll know the first part of the game really well.

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 25, 10 6:33 AM
Merry Christmas to all my Big Fishie friends!!! We have a white Christmas in southeast Tennessee! And it's beautiful. We may get up to 5". It's a beautiful winter wonderland at my house!

Thanks BF for a wonderful game on Christmas Day!

I'd almost swear I had widescreen yesterday. Don't have it today. I deleted and redownloaded. Still no widescreen.

I have a feeling it *might* be a setting. I just don't know which one. Any help appreciated. I admit I haven't read all the replies here, so there may be one with an answer. But I'll have to read later, gotta go visit family.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate on Sep 8, 10 7:14 AM
What's the name of the first game?

posted in Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders on Aug 7, 10 12:08 AM
I purchased this game when it first came out. I loved it then, and have played it through a second time. JMHO.

In my opinion, I believe it's well worth 2.99.

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 8:02 AM
What Pen said.

If BFG did any more "categorizing", we might end up with categories such as:

"Large file game, but not as large as Hardy Boys/IHOG, with mini-games such as match-3; therefore this is a Match-3 also/card and board game because at the end of each chapter, you must win a game of solitaire."

Whew! I think I could demo it before I read the description!

Just my humble point of view.

Thank you BFG for the 1-hour opportunity you give me to try a game before I buy!

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 5, 10 5:36 PM
I've downloaded and can see everything perfectly. But I have no sound -- no music, no game sound.

I noticed that my headphones were plugged in, so I unplugged them (after I had exited the game). So I restarted the game, but still no sound.

So I'm going to uninstall and redownload the game and hopefully that will work -- it looks like a wonderful game!

posted in Vault Cracker on Jul 4, 10 10:31 AM
Could someone remind this memory-challenged fishie how to get the screen more appropriately configured with a wide-screen monitor?

Thanks in advance!

posted in Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery on Apr 8, 10 10:10 PM
Just wanted to pop in and give my two cents worth.

I LOVE it! I'm with Poodlebear with that "aha moment". I like that there's not alot of direction. You have to snoop around and figure it out for yourself.

I've gotten the first key in about 30 minutes. This is a definite buy for me.

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 10 12:39 PM
EccentricFlower said:

<<Ironically if they'd offer more pure-puzzle games like World Mosaics (match three games are not puzzles!), I'd pay $15-20 for those, because those can last me for months!>>

OH! What I would give for a new game like World Mosaics or Gemsweeper. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those games!

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 19, 10 2:10 AM
What a complete waste of time and talent! This game looked as though it had so much potential! But the constant rhythmic lightning and thunder had me with a headache as well. This can't be a coincedence, as so many others have had the same experience.

After a bit the lightning and thunder stopped and I was so hopeful, but then it started again! Just impossible!

SO disappointed!!!

posted in Vampireville on Mar 14, 10 3:17 AM
Oh my gosh! You're right! 24 chapters! A must-buy for me, now!

Thanks for the info!

posted in Vampireville on Mar 14, 10 1:29 AM
I agree with all of the above but have to add, this game has me in stitches. It's hilarious! It almost has a "Scooby-Do" feel to it, but British. I finished chapter 4 and I have 10 minutes left. If it's long enough, I'm going to have to buy this one for the laughs alone.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 10 12:21 AM
It's currently downloading for me, fairly quickly I might add. I'm running XP with Explorer 8 if that helps.

I love all things Scotland. Not sure I'll spring for the CE. Just have to see.

posted in 3 Cards to Midnight on Mar 1, 10 10:35 PM
I *LOVED* this game!!! It was almost like watching a movie and being able to participate. The eerieness of the music and sound effects was like nothing I've experienced in any other game. The voices were very well done. I know that some have complained of not being able to understand what the characters were saying. There were times when I had to hit "replay". Thank goodness that option was there.

The puzzles were somewhat challenging. Some nearly pushed me over the edge, but I'm proud to say that I conquered them all without any help.

I don't think I would have bought this game if the second one hadn't really caught my eye. I can't wait to see what's in store for Jess next!

posted in Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island on Feb 24, 10 1:03 AM
I beta-tested this game, but it's been at least a month, and the memory is poor.

But I think I liked it. The puzzles are challenging, just to the point of giving up, but not.

I look forward to reading the reviews.

posted in Shutter Island on Feb 13, 10 10:25 PM
biomix, I like to take my time as well. I've played only about half of the trial, and so far I love it. I'll wait and see what the other half brings.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jan 3, 10 10:45 PM
I LOVED this game! Playing just a 1 or 2 hours a night, the game lasted several nights.

I agree with the BreeBears completely. If you give yourself enough time, you can figure out about 85-90% of the puzzles. I admit I just couldn't wait long enough to learn about the 2 key puzzles to the doors (the pink and blue keys). Just too much for me, so I cheated.

posted in The Mirror Mysteries on Jan 2, 10 11:52 AM
I did get a very kind response from Charlie at BFG customer service. He was apologetic about the more than 48-hour response due to the holidays; a delay that was very understandable to me.

He stated they were hoping there would be a patch from the developers, but in the meantime he gave me a coupon for a free game. As usual, BFG customer service bowls me over again! I love you BFG!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator