Posts created by Oldboyracer

posted in Wanderland on Dec 31, 17 2:56 AM
dmididy wrote:I'm confused about opening the Christmas gift bags. How do I get the items needed to open the bags such as the sparkler, firework, wreath, etc. I have some items left over from the last time we played and though I have collected many gifts from the tree, the numbers of these activators have not increased at all. Is there a level I need to reach? A certain number of quests that have to be completed? What am I missing here? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi dmididy, they are given as items for completing HOS's but not in all modes, usually the harder ones like timed & night.

posted in Wanderland on Dec 31, 17 2:53 AM
Happy New Year to all Wanderlanders & their family's may 2018 be a great year for you all. Getting in early as we're only 5 hours away here in the Philippines.

posted in Wanderland on Dec 24, 17 4:55 PM
Wishing everyone in Wanderland a very merry Xmas all the very best to you & your family's.

posted in Wanderland on Dec 19, 17 2:24 AM
Hi Jules,
Glad to hear you've found the Xmas event more lucrative, I did mention the Watchtower in my reply to you back in June but at least you've discovered it in time to take advantage of the Xmas bounty.
Have a merry Xmas & happy new year.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 27, 17 3:41 PM
Hi all, I have renamed the title of the post to make it easier to find.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 27, 17 3:36 PM
Hi Neicey, your ID has changed from 87480 to 286111 hence your friend list disappearing, I'll send a friend request from my new ID.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 26, 17 4:01 PM
Hi friends, I have re friend requested all from the list on my old PC but to date only half have responded so not sure whether that's a sign of inactivity or having given up on the game. I'm currently transferring all the hard to get items to my new game, there will be a lot of items left over so rather than they disappear into cyberspace I will keep the old game open until my inventory has been gifted. Unfortunately I deleted (in the old game) the friends who are now in my new game so if you want to re friend me on the old ID (184537) you'll be able to take advantage of the inventory give away. As I have an abundance of gold coins & rubies I'll be able to send some of the hard to get items to my reciprocating friends. PM me with your wish lists & I'll see what I can do.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 17, 17 9:35 PM
Hi guys & gals, realised I had made a slight error so have just edited my post.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 15, 17 6:15 PM
Thanks Dona, request accepted.
I am about to spend a couple hours friend requesting and have decided to omit those who have not moved up a level in the last 5 or 6 months. This will give me space for 40 new & old friends if they are still playing, my new ID is 288082 & will change my player name to OBR.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 15, 17 6:06 PM
Hilltown5string wrote:Hi Oldboyracer,

I mentioned to Artogon that we just wanted some information if there was going to be an upgrade or not because a lot of players are anxious to know. That's about it.

I must have been lucky, just prior to the last update they did tell me it was in the pipeline but it took a few months to come through.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 14, 17 4:19 AM
Hi Deborah, will be playing again soon, probably in about a week. Have accepted your friend request.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 12, 17 7:32 PM
Hilltown5string wrote:Moderators, sorry if I did a no-no by including the Artogon email info, I found it easily by going to their website.

I sent them an email but did not receive a reply.... hmmmm

Hi D5string, Artogon replied to me when I mailed them a while back, I suppose it all depends what questions you were asking, maybe a bit too sensitive for them .

posted in Wanderland on Nov 12, 17 7:27 PM
After a quick browse I see that some are still losing their game play & having to start from scratch. There is a way not to lose progress but if for some reason your ID number changes you will lose your friends list.
1) Keep a hard copy of your friends list so you can re invite in event you lose your friends.
2) To save your game progress navigate to the following folder (WIN 10) & save it to a USB drive :-
File Explorer > This PC > Local Disc ( C: ) > Users > ??? > AppData > Roaming > Artogon > Wanderland. Right click on the Wanderland file & select 'send to' from drop down box then select the USB drive.
??? is the name of your PC, usually named at the time of original operating system installation. If it was not named it will probably be 'User', there will be at least 2 other files in the ??? file, probably Default & Public.
Your current game data will now be saved to the USB drive, if you do this after each playing session you will always have a copy of your game progress.
To use, navigate to the Wanderland file & delete it, then copy the file on the USB into the Artogon folder.
Hope this is of help.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 12, 17 6:42 PM
It would appear that you can only run 1 Wanderland game per PC etc, there is no facility to run a 2nd game under a different name.

posted in Wanderland on Nov 12, 17 6:38 PM
craftysherry wrote:Good luck and have fun with your new machine, Oldboy !

Thanks for that Sherry.
I have been distracted by major additions to the house to make it more of a home in time for Xmas as well as trying to complete the outside jobs so have been away from Wanderland for some time. I have successfully transferred my game data to my new PC, I seem to have everything except for my friends list as I have been given a new ID number. I shall be sitting down re inviting under my new ID in the next couple of days. Fortunately I still have the game running under my old ID on now my wife's PC. I will be back in full time action when the Xmas event begins so trying desperately to get all the outstanding work completed by then.
My new ID is 288082 & will go under the name OBR, a little less of a mouthful.

posted in Wanderland on Sep 5, 17 8:14 AM
Hi friends,
I may be going dark for a little while. I have just built a high end PC & will do some experimenting to see what is required to transfer my progress to the new machine. Fortunately I have the luxury of still having my old PC available. If successful I will post a "how to".

posted in Wanderland on Aug 31, 17 9:28 PM
1DungeonMaster wrote:Ok Am currently sitting in the alchemist portal waiting for the tavern card to appear. Been here for approx. 15 mins and no card has appeared. Same thing with the Witch's forest portal. Sat there for 10 mins with cursor pointing at scarecrows right arm No tavern card. Any clues?

Hi DungeonMaster, here are the URL's for the posts giving the Tavern card locations within the portals.
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/711002.page
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/702355.page

The card will only appear in 1 scene within the portal & will change scenes if you do. I find the easiest way to find them is to toggle between 2 adjacent scenes spending 15/20 seconds in each & the card will eventually appear.

posted in Wanderland on Aug 26, 17 7:32 AM
eyesdonthaveit wrote:How come, no matter how many time I go into the Hunters Cabin, I can't get the curses? I have gone in at least 20 times. I see them in there but the room will never give them to me?

The curses are only available in night & night timed mode & as Fred has stated not very prolific.

posted in Wanderland on Aug 26, 17 7:30 AM
Aethne wrote:
Aethne wrote:I have not received my prizes from at least the last 2, possibly 3, tournaments I've entered, and I know I scored enough points to receive a chest, but I didn't even get a participation chest.. Has anyone else had this problem?
Was also wondering if my portals are ever going to re-open; Hot Springs, Samarkand, Witches Forest, and Alchemist have all been just.. locked.. for about 2 weeks. I have completed so many quests during that time, I thought for sure I would have received one by now to open the ones that come after the above mentioned areas (yes, I know they lock after you've completed all the quests from them, but then there's usually the next set of areas), nothing so far.. Just curious..

So, this message was posted by me back in June, and my situation with the portals has still not resolved.. I am still leveling up, and I still get new quests (although some have no reward shown or given for them), I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, and I am not able to get the game to load at all when run as an Administrator.. I've had moderators respond both on here and via email, but no solution has really been found. Am I stuck playing it like this? I can't even use the Tavern cause I can't look for the cards in the portals.. I dunno, I guess I was hoping it could be fixed, I miss the added adventure from them..

We are all waiting for new portals, they should be in the next major update if there is one. You can still search for Tavern cards in the Watchtower.

posted in Wanderland on Aug 21, 17 12:52 AM
nopla3039 wrote:I have more than 70 friends but more than half stay blank like they are not needing items or stay greyed over. I have written them down so I can follow which ones change but it has been more than 2-3 weeks an none have changed, are these people no longer active players or a technical issue

Hi nopla, the black blank boxes means that a gift has not been requested, the greyed ones mean that someone else has sent that gift & is waiting to be accepted.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator