Posts created by gtminer

posted in My Singing Monsters on Feb 7, 14 10:52 AM
I enjoyed the link. Thank you for sharing. I always love to see interesting islands.

posted in Farm Up on Jan 8, 14 1:31 AM
The only way to sell the original chicken pen is to first buy a chick before you get the quest reward of a chick. Otherwise, it can never be sold.

posted in Farm Up on Jan 8, 14 1:27 AM
Nothing gets loaded on the truck. There is a quest to find the truck. Once you find it, the quest should automatically complete. To sell things, click on the barn & choose what you wish to sell.

posted in Farm Up on Jan 8, 14 1:26 AM
The global events eventually stop. I'm assuming you have done them all. If so, you will only get quests from the farm.

posted in Farm Up on Jan 8, 14 1:24 AM
The quest that requires you to buy gold can be opted out by using 2 gold option. since the game comes with some gold, you should have enough already. Also, if you hit moles (or is it a gopher?) and butterflies, you can earn gold by selling off one of the collections. In addition, you should have enough gold (16 I think) to purchase a 4 hour unlimited. So long as you continue to plant the 5min crop, collect water, whack butterflies, you should be able to earn enough of the collection to turn in for gold. I have always earned back the gold it required to get the 4 hour unlimited.

I finished the game, got to max level, with over 300 gold & millions of silver left over without ever buying anything. I'm thinking of restarting the game because I really enjoyed it, although the last 10 levels or so were very tedious. If you start the game over, you will have unlimited energy until you close the game. Also, all your gold, except 20, and silver will be transferred as well.

good luck

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 13, 13 3:39 PM
He is gone from his producing island & now makes only shards on ethereal island. So unlike gold island, he doesn't give you coins.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 11, 13 10:22 PM
Oh, I agree, so long as I have something else to do, I'll keep trying for ethereals. But once both my wubbox are on gold island, there wouldn't be anything else to do but try for ethereals, and just that wouldn't be enough to keep me in game. It does look like we'll be getting another island with more monsters--that would be enough to keep me in game & continue trying for ethereals. And even if ethereal island is never populated, I still love/loved the game & it in no way makes it less enjoying. I do take solace in getting an extra diamond from it every day

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 10, 13 6:07 PM
I think this 1% chance of breeding ethereal monsters isn't enough to keep me in the game. I'm at max level and I just purchased a wubbox for cold island. I plan on purchasing one for plant island as well. Once these 2 are on gold island, and assuming I haven't gotten ethereal island up & breeding, I'm pretty sure there's no other reason to stay in the game Anyone else feel this way?

posted in Farm Up on Dec 10, 13 11:20 AM
Grandpa: concentrate on quests from Jennifer & husband and he will eventually show up.

Husband: Once he starts working, the only way to stop him is to use gold to pay it off. But that's not really necessary as in time he will be finished.

Gold: The quest for the gold coin cost the same or less (I forgot which) as the quest reward gives you back. So it's worth it to do it. If you don't have any gold coins, you should have, or will eventually get a collection that you can sell that will give you the gold coins you need. So there isn't any need to buy gold coins with real money.

Driver of blue car: Try they guy very south. He's the one that you can buy supplies from (although they are very expensive & not worth the cost).

I hope this helps you.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 10, 13 10:45 AM
I finally bought a Wubbox even though I don't like him. I put him on cold island since most are on plant island. Right now he is just a box. I learned something that I wasn't aware of. He needs to be activated by placing a monster of all types available on cold island. However, what I didn't know was that only monsters that are bred on cold island can be fed to him to activate. Well, I certainly don't want to feed him level 15 monsters. I'm saving those to feed him when he's on gold island. So I thought once he had hatched that I could immediately activate him, but I can't. I have to breed new monsters to feed him.

So if you are planning on purchasing him, it might be a good idea to start planning his dinner.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 10, 13 10:31 AM
oh please send me a link as well.

I use to get likes, but no more. I guess I'm no longer in the rotation as well. I am tired of seeing the same ones, or seeing ones with only a few monsters & nothing else; no eggs cooking, no food baking, nothing. It makes me wonder how in the world did they ever make it into the top 100.

posted in Farm Up on Dec 3, 13 12:24 AM
I sincerely doubt that there will be an update anytime soon as we recently had one. I think the developers care very much else we wouldn't have had that update. I think the game was very fun, & I most definitely got my money's worth. This free game gave me way more hours of play than any other game from Big Fish. And that includes My Singing Monsters which I am enjoying. I'm almost done with MSM then I plan to reset Farm Up and start anew. I don't blame Big Fish for any game that I found boring or a waste of money. They only make available what's out there. I just wish there were more games under adventure and strategy other than HOGs because I really don't like HOGs & I'm getting tired of build-a-lot type games. .

The later levels of Farm Up are rather boring, but the developers tried to fix this by giving us 3 quests which we didn't use to get. I appreciate their efforts, and I agree that it needs more. I look forward to the day that it is as developed as the fb games are.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Nov 29, 13 5:38 PM
Rofl. I was laughing so hard at the mental picture you gave me. I can just imagine logging on the first time in the morning only to find out wubbox ate all my other monsters on gold island while I was asleep, and now it's empty all except for him.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Nov 29, 13 3:34 PM
I think wubbox is too big & doesn't fit in with the theme of the other monsters. I'm also not too thrilled with his animation. Anyone else feel this way? I'm really not sure if I even want him. Considering his cost & hunger for level 15 monsters, that makes me even want him less.

My understanding of him is you buy him as a box. Then you feed him monsters to level him up. Do these monsters have to be level 15? Once he is placed on gold island, he is a box again & then must be fed level 15 monsters to level him up again? While he's a box on gold island, does he turn into a box again on his main island? I'm so confused with him.

Other than an unusually monster, and most of us really love/want the unusual monsters, what advantage to he bring to islands?

posted in Farm Up on Nov 15, 13 9:10 PM
The one thing that will make the quests come to a standstill is wheat & sometimes wool. I kept about 90 wheat growing at all times, and I had 6 pastry factories. If I ran out of wheat, I'd make potato chips, both types, although only 1 factory was upgraded enough to make them. The quest I was getting for chips called for 10, that's 300 potatoes or 300 onions, ouch. So I tried to keep 10 bags of each in my inventory. I think I got the quest twice for both.

It would be nice if they changed the flour making time down to 5min or even less.

posted in Farm Up on Nov 15, 13 9:04 PM
I have windows 8, and I have never had a problem. But, I also use classic shell that makes my 8 look & act like an earlier version. Not sure if that made a difference or not.

My farm is at 55, and I had every intentions of starting over because I loved the game so much. When you start over, you take all but 20 gold and all silver with you. You also get unlimited time until you turn off the game. The only reason why I haven't yet, is it would interfere with my coin collecting on My Singing Monsters

Don't give up trying. There's still hope. I notice sometimes Microsoft does an update that whacks out a few things until they fix it. Try reinstalling on a few different days. I really hope you are able to get it to work.

posted in Farm Up on Nov 5, 13 10:13 AM
I agree with MaggiefromOK2. When I do unlimited energy, it's jars and collections I want. Sometimes wood & stones & water is what I need too, so I just keep the men busy. When I was constantly working my farm, I would use over 1000 jars a day. If I hadn't had any jars, my game would have gone at a snails pace. I do like the idea of tier planting of radishes, cabbage, tomatoes & potatoes. But I found if Jennifer is watering & hoeing to make crops grow faster, then I'm not getting jars & collections which I needed way more than making the crops grow faster.

posted in Farm Up on Nov 4, 13 11:36 PM
Woot, finally got to 55. I Really enjoyed this game although I have to say the last 10 levels are somewhat tedious and boring even with the 3 quests that you get all the way to 55.

I was wondering what others plan on doing once your have reached 55 or have already done so. It would seem that an update is a long time in coming as we just had one. And I think that unless the update included more land or a different farm, it would be more tedious as the last 10 levels were.

The other option is to start over and take my gold & silver with me. That would sure make the beginning levels a lot easier.

Please share your thoughts & plans.

posted in Farm Up on Oct 30, 13 11:54 AM
I have 6 pastry factories that squish nicely in between the guest house and Jennifer's house. This amount is quite handy for me. I keep them busy by supplying them from 128 wheat plots. 2 of them are fully upgraded and 1 up to being able to make the chips. When I run out of flour, I make chips until my wheat is ready.

I have 3 textile factories. I made the 3rd one after getting a slew of quests for them, but as soon as I made the 3rd one, the quests stopped piling in, so really, 2 would have worked out ok. Only 1 is fully upgraded.

I have 2 milk factories with 1 fully upgraded that seem to be satisfactory.

I have 3 canning factories, all upgraded. 2 would have worked out just fine.

In my chicken yard, after I got about 600 eggs of turkey, goose, and ostrich eggs, I went back to all chickens. Now I only collect the eggs if I fall below 300.

I got rid of my goat after I got about 1000 goat milk because it's not required product for the factories.

I have 1 pond & 2 honey hives, but only because I got a quest to build a 2nd hive. I sold off the 2nd pond from that quest as I didn't want to spare the room & I didn't need the fish.

I use to have 2 sheep pens & 1 cow pen. But then at about level 48, I had 2100 milk and I was in desparate need of wool, so thinking I had enough milk, I got rid of the cow pen & made another sheep pen. Well, I underestimated the amount of milk I'd needed. Now I have a quests for cheese & butter but no milk. I'm at level 52 1/2, so I'm debating making another cow pen & getting rid of a sheep pen. If I don't and I get another milk type quest, then really, the only other option would be to sell off everything & plant lemon trees.

At the later levels, you pretty much need everything that the factories can make and everything you can grow to finish quests with exceptions of the things that require gold to grow. Trees & bushes that do require gold are handy, but I only grow those if/when a quest pops up for them. To make the silver that I need, I just sell lemons & carp.

I don't think a new upgrade will be coming any time soon as one just came out, so when I reach level 55, I plan on selling everything off & starting over, taking all my gold & silver with me. I think the 2nd time around I won't be in such a hurry to level up.

posted in Farm Up on Oct 28, 13 1:59 AM
This doesn't take into consideration the energy costs. Radish rate high, but in the time it takes for lemons to produce, you will earn farm more in both silver and xp for the cost of one energy. Especially in the morning when you wake up to mature lemon trees or dead radishes

Radishes and cabbage are certainly the better choice when doing the 4 hour unlimited energy. But the goal of the 4 hour unlimited energy is getting jars and collections.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator