Posts created by Linalie

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 7:36 PM
I will miss being able to provide feedback on the game - telling the Mods how great a new feature is, or how wonderful the artwork is. And yes, even some of the negatives. BFG's Facebook seems sterile to me...and never a place I will feel comfortable providing any game related feedback.

Our interactions with the Mods and their passing things on to the Devs for us was priceless...and will be sorely missed. It was that type of communication that made the memorial for Robin a possibility.

So while the community may move to new homes, I think we still lose a very important connection to the developers - the moderators that bridged that gap for us.

So dear Mods, take care and all the best to you and many thanks for all you have done for this community and for our gaming enjoyment.

~Linn

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jan 16, 18 7:29 AM
I had several lower level players still following me, so I thought I would go ahead and try to help them with logs, milk some of the ore and glass. But no...the same 3 raiders that totally sucked the fun out of my game keep clearing me out. They follow and unfollow me at will and I have no way to keep track of them as they are not being followed by me nor are they in my "helped" list. So for all the shellas and starry fishes in the sea and the evil sorcerer that casts gloom upon my island, know now that I am done. Sorry to those who were following me...I really did try to lend you a helping hand.

posted in Dream Walker on Dec 28, 17 5:38 PM
Stuck at Chapter 11 - last door will not open (7) even though every puzzle has 3 stars and I have a total score of 18 stars for the level - the final door to the next level requires 15 and remains locked as well.

Could be a good game but it is just loaded with flaws. In addition to doors not unlocking even though you have the correct number of stars (or more than what is needed), I have also run into the stacks that won't unstack...nothing is "drag able" so you have to keep using hints to get through it or hope that little edges poking out are enough to make some matches at least. I've also seen it show me earn two or three stars when I finish the level, but then on the map screen it shows me getting only one star...

Ah well. Maybe it is this dev's first attempt at a game like this - glad I got it for free with my punches. I would be upset to have paid for a game that really needs more beta testing before releasing it like this.

(PC platform)

posted in Sunken Secrets on Dec 14, 17 3:12 PM
This is sad news indeed. The game had so much potential, a large following (when things were actually being updated) and a nice theme.

Ah well, off to play something that has more love from it's developers.

I too will start selling off my inventory and packing it in. I was so close to hitting 1000 on my inventory, etc. but it all seems kind of pointless now.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 17 2:57 PM
Just tossing in some "cheers" to the developers! Loved the update, the story, and the new content as well. Really enjoyed it!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 17 2:54 PM
I'm in total agreement with you TiramaSue....I've thought this since years ago when people started adding things to their names for holidays...it just added to my confusion for sure.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 4, 17 3:54 PM
The new room also includes a Festive Table. I am thinking this will be a HOS much like the Spring room perhaps.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Dec 4, 17 7:54 AM
@verekaren - you can't blame game issues on the forum moderators...totally different group of people. The forum mods are just trying to uphold the forum rules. It is up to the game developer to fix their end of this issue.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 2, 17 10:13 AM
I've been thinking about how this could be fixed, but of course would take some changes in code...

1) Increase the number of "Friends" to 200 and eliminate "Followers" altogether.

2) Keep the current "announcements" as to Help Calls, Achievements, etc. as this acts as a way to venture out and "discover" other islands.

3) If you wander to an Island that you are not "Friends" with via a Help call, etc. you can browse their market while you are there and purchase one item/basket per 24 hour server reset (non-Friend restricted). You can also send that person a Friend request - once accepted/added to someone's Friends list you can visit their Island and make purchases from their market without limit restrictions, and they can do the same at your Island/Market. The current interface that allows you to "Follow" could be used for this purpose to instead initiate a Friend request.

4) When people visit your Island and send you a Friend request you can accept it or reject it. Everyone would also have the option to remove any Friend on their list if they choose to.

I think this might keep the basic concept of the game going while at the same time provide people with more control over who has access to their Market without discouraging visiting to answer Help Calls etc. as each visit to a strange island is an opportunity to make a new Friend. Incompatible Friends would have a way to go their separate ways...

I'm sure others have great ideas about this too! Just wish the Devs would improve this aspect of the game.

*edited to clarify the restriction applied to shoppers that are not your Friend

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 2, 17 8:30 AM
I know it's been said before, but I may as well say it again...I wish this game had a way of allowing you more control over your "Friends" like requesting to be a friend, the ability to remove someone from following you, etc. and so on.

If we had that ability then the Market aspect of this game would return to being a FUN part of it.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 1, 17 2:56 PM
If you are a follower of Linn level 100 on PC, my apologies, but I am pretty much shutting down my market. I will still offer Marvelous Bricks and Depleted Magic Stones as I do have a few followers still needing these and the raider I have doesn't seem to want those (yet).

I was being wiped out repeatedly by someone who was very nearly level 125...and so I figured once they hit 125 they would stop buying out all of my mid to high items and my followers could finally get more than Baked Apples and Baked Potatoes...but no...Sadly this person is still cleaning me out of anything I put out there that would be considered mid-range to high...even produce like mushrooms.

I used to be able to keep an eye on this person as they were once in my Helped By list, but they dropped off of there last week not long after they hit 125 and I am assuming I am still on their "I Helped" list so that they can find me and clean me out. They are not "following" me so now I have no way to buy equally good items back from them or re-buy my goods for my own followers.

So for now, and maybe forever, my market is going to be pretty dead...I will be focusing on making stuff for my Balloon and Villager orders so I can level to 125. After that, I am not sure what I will do unless some new content is added. There is no point trying to fill my market to help my followers if this one raider is going to wipe me out of the things that are at the level the majority of my followers are at and may need.

The game has been a good, fun way to pass the time, but the "selling" part has now lost it's joy.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Oct 19, 17 2:49 AM
I'm still here as well. Working on leveling, achievements and getting my inventory up to 1000. I pop in on the game two or three times per day to send out balloons, etc. and put stuff up for sale. I'm longing for an event or anything new, just like most people are.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 16, 17 3:25 PM
I love all 3 of the new Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) avatars! Looking forward to the Fall Event!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Sep 21, 17 9:04 AM
Yes, thank you to those who are or will be putting those much needed ropes, tool and plans in their markets! The closer I get to reaching that 1000 mark the longer it takes (of course because you need so many!) and finding a few here and there in the markets is like Christmas!! :-)

I too will be selling these items once I hit max as I know how nice it is to find them out there.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Sep 20, 17 1:12 PM
I've noticed yet another interesting behavior in raiders - those that are not quite 125 yet. It seems that they will buy out all of your high-end items, but they do not sell them. Instead they only put low-end items in their own market. So, if you are also trying to level, you are losing out in a way...you can't go to their market and get some of the high-end things you may need for your own balloons and requests - they aren't selling anything but low-end items. So basically you are aiding someone else with their leveling while you struggle along to level, and your followers are left with nothing as well.

So what to do...put low-end items only in your market and make and keep high-end stuff just for your own use? That is one way to deal with it, but it doesn't feel like it was the concept of the game...make/buy/sell.

The ultimate downside of all of this raiding behavior is that most everyone is now only putting low-end items in their markets. This makes it even harder to grab that one-off much needed item...you can't find it anywhere.

Yes, I know earlier on when all this raiding began, I was selling faster than I could produce and making a lot of coins which were sorely needed, but now as I have completed the castle and my goal is to level and reach 1000 max inventory, I am taking a slower look around...and not liking what I see at all.

There may as well not be "Followers" or "Friends" as you are pretty much on your own to be self sufficient and do it all yourself...you can't count on the markets at all. And if you do happen to stumble upon a good market that hasn't been being raided, you are extremely lucky...but they are getting to be more and more scarce. Forget about helping those followers that are same level or lower level than you...anything higher that apple juice etc. will be bought before those folks get a chance at it.

So yes, I am on the Ban The Raiders Bandwagon now...I can see the bad affects these raiding behaviors are having on the overall "economy" of the game so to speak.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 19, 17 6:30 PM
This is awesome!! Such a lovely tribute!! Thanks Mods for passing this along to the Devs and please also send them our heartfelt thanks from the Midnight Castle Community. I know that this was a rare and unusual request to fulfill, but it is truly appreciated.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 25, 17 1:36 PM
Even more annoying is that these folks that are on my Friends or Followers that have not updated and are not accessible also can't be unfollowed/removed. So I am stuck with several folks I was following at one time that I can't unfollow because I can't go to their un-updated island.

I wish we had a function within the Friends / Followers tabs themselves that would let us remove or unfollow people. A little button with each player icon - click button to Remove / Unfollow

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 20, 17 4:25 PM
I'm only on the center palace, 3rd floor - so no wings yet or windows, only a door. I'll update this post when I get to that point. Sounds like you are much further along with the new center palace than I am.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 17, 17 6:29 PM
fairieecho48 wrote:Please, clue me in on this zz thing!

Hi Fairieecho, "ZZ" stands for Zoom Zone (or something like that) and these are the ones that you have to put items into slots to receive the object within it...unlike the HOS (Hidden Object Scenes) where you "find" all of the hidden objects within the picture (scene).

Hope that is what you were asking.

~Linn

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 16, 17 10:45 AM
Thanks bfgIlinalta! It's not game-breaking (at least for me - on PC) and I am still able to place blocks even though I can't see where I am placing them, but it is most certainly annoying... I like Ollie and all but aesthetically, he needs to scoot out of the way of my view.

I have sent in the screen shots as recommended below along with my game ID etc.

~Linn

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator