Posts created by Silverjen

posted in Midnight Castle on May 11, 17 6:01 PM
I see questions like this on the forum all the time and the best advice is to 'do the rounds.' I agree with that and here are some numbers that may help to understand how good that advice is.

Last year I needed 656 pink boxes to get Mrs. Claus at the Christmas event. By the end of August I realized the game wasn't giving me enough at the rate I was playing. I calculated I would need 5 boxes a day to get Mrs. Claus, so between September and November I did nothing but rounds (about 60 HOS in a round)...no pets, no airships, no dice, no wheel (I did the fall event though). I did as many rounds a day as needed until I got 5 boxes which was anywhere from 2 to 5 rounds. At the end of November here is what I had:

over 800,000 coins
over 3,000 of each airship item
around 1500 of each of the pet food
over 4,000 white stamps
over 3,000 blue stamps
over 1500 green stamps
around 700 unique stamps
and I had an inventory again.

I never have to worry about not having enough pet food, airship items, or stamps even now. Was it time consuming and aggravating? Yes. Am I glad I did it? Yes. Would I do it again? Hmmm...maybe. But I did get Mrs. Claus!

Do the rounds...the best advice.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 17 11:24 AM
Lois
Don't worry about returning gifts, at least for me. Just take care of your sister and I hope she gets well soon.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 18, 16 3:42 PM
Taylormade,

I have had the same problem with my gift boxes. They are very inconsistent in how they drop. I did 8 rounds once (about 55 HOS each) and got only 3 boxes. Then shortly afterwards I did another 8 round and got about 15 boxes. They are completely random so there is no way to know where they will drop or how many.

Just keep playing...you will get some, then you will get none or little, then get some more etc. At the end of August I had to get 415 boxes to get Mrs. Claus. I figured out I would need 5 a day until the end of November to get them all. I have been playing like crazy and now have 38 more to go. I want to try to finish before the Christmas event starts because last year my drop rate went way down when it started. Nothing is easy in this game.

Good luck. Just keep playing.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 10, 16 11:50 AM
No Astra, you are not alone.

As of the end of August I had 241 pink boxes and needed 656. I calculated I would need to get 5 boxes a day until the end of November to get Mrs. Claus. That has been a terrific struggle as the drop rate is so inconsistent on my game. Sometimes I would get the 5 boxes in 2 rounds (about 60 HOS each) and other times it would take 5 or 6 rounds to get them. Then in October the drop rate went down even more...I was lucky to get 3 a day. November hasn't been much better.

I now have 77 more to go and hope to finish before December. If I remember right, last year in December the pink box drop rate went down to practically nothing.

A strategy like this might work for you, especially if your drop rate is more consistent than mine. I know finding the time to get it done is difficult too. Good luck.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 31, 16 2:20 PM
Congratulations MaryCricket.

I, too, have been working like crazy on my PC game to get enough pink boxes to get Mrs. Claus this year. I was able to do 344 last year and needed 656 to finish. However, the drop rate for my boxes was so wildly inconsistent that it made it really difficult to get them. I am on level 57 and have around 60 HOS to do. I would go 8 rounds and get 3 boxes, then go another 8 rounds and get 20 boxes. And I never knew what to expect. I have about 100 more to go that I hope to get by the end of November, but it's difficult when you work full time, have a family, and also a Kindle game to do.

I got my 1000th box on my Kindle game around 39,000 HOS. My PC game says I've done around 33,000 HOS and I will probably have to do another 150 or so rounds to get the rest of the boxes I need. I'm trying to figure out how the total HOS is so much less than 40,000 yet are so difficult to get.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 5, 16 9:57 PM
Hi Bella.

So sorry about your game. I know I would be very upset to have to start over.

If you have a friend named Sapphire on PC, then your ID number is 345152. Send me an invite when you get it all settled.

Good luck.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 16, 16 3:01 PM
I am well aware of the rate that the boxes are supposed to be dropping. Mine are not for some reason. It is much lower than the average. I'm sure there will be many different items that are offered as rewards for these events and if someone doesn't want a particular item, then they don't have to participate.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 16, 16 12:31 PM
I enjoyed the new mini event and watching and waiting to see if we made our goal. I do, however, have a suggestion for mini event rewards.

I have not had a pink gift box drop in days now and at this rate I'm not going to be able to get Mrs. Claus again this year. I will have to wait until next year and even that doesn't look promising. Even though I was glad to get the 15 unique stamps, I would be extremely glad if we could get pink gift boxes as a reward once in a while since we're (or at least I) am not getting them from the game.

Just a suggestion. I think the mini games are a great idea. Thank you.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 12, 16 1:17 PM
I noticed the same thing. No pet food, no stamps, no gift boxes. I play on Android and PC and it is the same on both.

Update....Android seems to be okay now. I'm getting pet food and stamps, but of course still no gift boxes.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 5, 16 1:16 AM
I tried buying gifts with both coins and diamonds. It only counts if you buy with diamonds.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 2, 16 2:35 PM
Hi aussie Dot.

I play on Android as Silverjen a423226. I was sending items to Pamkatz but I know she is having some problems with her game.

I have Halloween, Christmas and Spring items I can send you.

Thanks

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 9, 16 2:06 PM
Please add me in for the spring event. ID a423226 Silverjen.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 9, 16 2:22 AM
Yes...having the same problem. I just kept playing and eventually it let me complete it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 16 5:26 PM
I've been playing a year now and a month ago I had zero eggs in my inventory. Zero. I had maybe 1 or 2 eggs show up on my wheel, but I could never get them without depleting my supply of coins.

You are right. The wheel seems to have changed lately. I now see one daily on my wheel and I don't have to break the bank so much (still costs a lot though) to get one. I don't know if this would be considered a 'tell,' but when I spin a couple of times and then get the free spin, usually two or three spins after that I will get an egg. It's happened quite a few times now. Maybe its just my game and someone else's will be different.

This game seems to very cyclical. You do well in one area for a while, then in another and you just have to be patient and wait out the bad periods in between.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 16 3:10 PM
I agree with Devilinwales that there is some kind of manipulation going on. I play on PC and Android and see the same names for both in the top 50 all the time in every tournament. I saw an Android score recently in one of the tournaments in the 800,000's. I don't know if that was a glitch or not, but I don't know how that high a score was achieved.

Don't get me wrong, I have been in the top 100 enough times to get my kitty, but I never place above position 50 or 60 and never win more than 15-20 diamonds. I spend a lot of time in the 200-500's just to get those rare times in the top 100. I don't mind having to do my time with lower scores, but I do mind seeing those same names up there consistently without seeing them in the basement with the rest of us.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 11, 16 10:17 PM
I was able to pull up names with ### (# represents a number) by typing in '### ' (without the quotes). I put a space after the last #. Try it and see if it gives you what you want.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 5, 16 8:00 PM
I play on Android and would like to trade either a phoenix or turtle egg for a squirrel egg. PM me if interested.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 3, 16 2:32 PM
Don't be discouraged by bad tournament results. I get them all the time, but I also get good scores on occasion. The secret is you have to play a lot and now that the tournaments are back, we can do that.

You would be surprised at how many diamonds you can amass in one week, even though in a day's tournaments you might get none. I kept a record once of my winnings and I averaged about 20-30 diamonds a week. That included days when I got nothing, and days when I would get 10 or 12.

Just keep playing...and playing...and playing. Just like doing the HOS rounds for coins.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 1, 16 6:13 PM
What do they do with all the chains, shackles and handcuffs?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 5:31 PM
We started out as tree friends (Sapphire) during the Christmas event but remained friends after it was over. Sorry you are leaving. Thanks for all the 'smiles' you sent me. Good luck.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator